ImageImage

OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#441 » by jschligs » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Anyone playing anything of worth lately? Been balls deep in Skyrim lately trying to 100% as much as I can, it blows me away how much of the game I haven't touched. Other than that it's the occasional RDR2 Online with a buddy and Overwatch for an hour here or there.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#442 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:54 pm

I play Hollow Knight at home and Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation when I'm having lunch or bored at work. Which is often lately.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,824

Post#443 » by tydett » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:03 pm

I love Fire Emblem and I picked up Birthright again over winter break, but haven't played since I've gotten back into Dark Souls 3 again. Jeez are those games so much fun when you git gud.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#444 » by glenn » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:05 pm

I’ve finally gotten around to God of War and it is worthy of the hype. I think I’m getting close to the end of the story, but all of the optional exploring and boss battles have sidetracked me.

I really liked a lot about Hollow Knight, but I just wasn’t good at it. I died a lot and backtracked even more. I eventually just put it down and never went back to it.
:reporter:
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#445 » by REDDzone » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:11 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I play Hollow Knight at home and Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation when I'm having lunch or bored at work. Which is often lately.

I really need to pick up a 3ds at some point, even this late in it's lifespan. Just too many games on it I want to play, including all the FEs, MHs, etc.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#446 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:29 pm

I've actually been home for several weeks, which has been rare lately, so I've (reluctantly) put down my Switch where I was all-in on Octopath and picked back-up with PoE. I'm now all-in on PoE, but will be headed back to Octopath when I travel again a lot in February.

FWIW and for those curious, I got about 40 hours into Octopath and still having a blast.

ETA: AC Odyssey was a casualty of time. I still want to go back to it and hope I do, but I just either haven't been home or had the time to add that on top of PoE.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,234

Post#447 » by dbrodz7 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:59 pm

I just finished chapter 3 of RDR2.

Spoiler:
That escalated really quickly. I figured I was out for another let's go rob somebody 10 minute mission and then Sean got head shot and we killed all the Gray's. Then got back to camp to find out Jack was stolen and off we went to kill all the Braithwaite's. I stopped right as we arrived at the big city, will be interesting to see where it's headed now that the pace seems to have really picked up.
Misery loves company
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#448 » by TroyD92 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:01 pm

Going to trade in RDR2 this weekend. Going to put my preorder for KH3 in. Pretty shocking to me that my favorite game series as a child is finally getting a AAA sequel like 13 years after I first played it.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#449 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:11 pm

Still working on Zelda. Went around and collected a lot of the DLC gear, finished a divine beast, and finally moved into the Gerudo area to complete the map. Probably going to look into the Master Sword Trials and a few side quests, complete the last beast, do the Ballad quests, then finish it out.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#450 » by Sauce Boss » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Another thing I thought about starting to discuss is games of the decade (2010-2019). We have about 11 months for some games to blow us all away, but I think most will be solid games with recency bias.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#451 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:17 am

I've been looking forward to the new Ace Combat for weeks and I picked it up today. Haven't played one of these since the original playstation days. Gotta say, it's REALLY fun. I'm playing on easy and haven't tried any MP yet, but I like it a lot so far. If they ever beef up their VR missions it might be the game that convinces me to dive into that as well.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#452 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:40 am

ReasonablySober wrote:I've been looking forward to the new Ace Combat for weeks and I picked it up today. Haven't played one of these since the original playstation days. Gotta say, it's REALLY fun. I'm playing on easy and haven't tried any MP yet, but I like it a lot so far. If they ever beef up their VR missions it might be the game that convinces me to dive into that as well.

Curious to hear what happened to Warframe. I downloaded it after you mentioned it a while back, but never got to it. Is it worth ever looking into?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#453 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:48 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I've been looking forward to the new Ace Combat for weeks and I picked it up today. Haven't played one of these since the original playstation days. Gotta say, it's REALLY fun. I'm playing on easy and haven't tried any MP yet, but I like it a lot so far. If they ever beef up their VR missions it might be the game that convinces me to dive into that as well.

Curious to hear what happened to Warframe. I downloaded it after you mentioned it a while back, but never got to it. Is it worth ever looking into?

I like it, but I think what happened is the holidays and birthdays hit and I didn’t really do much gaming and sorta reset everything. Smash came along after and I played that for a week and forgot about what else I’d been playing.

Warframe is excellent. Since I think it’s best as a quick, pick up and play for 20 minutes game, I’m gonna start a character on the Switch and abandon the 15 hour or so character I had on the PS4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#454 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:01 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I like it, but I think what happened is the holidays and birthdays hit and I didn’t really do much gaming and sorta reset everything. Smash came along after and I played that for a week and forgot about what else I’d been playing.

Warframe is excellent. Since I think it’s best as a quick, pick up and play for 20 minutes game, I’m gonna start a character on the Switch and abandon the 15 hour or so character I had on the PS4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, will keep it in my library then. Thanks.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#455 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:06 pm

This is pretty random, but if anyone is in the market for PC speakers (Mac compatable also, to be clear), Best Buy has Logitech MX Sound Pro on clearance right now for $39.99, which is a $60 discount. They're pretty big (though also not tall...hard to explain, so Google it), but they are quite nice for PC speakers. Not audiophile quality, but for $40 they are a ridiculous steal.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#456 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:30 am

I just got to PoE endgame for the first time and I am so **** confused but I love it.
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,139

Post#457 » by BMatt07 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:56 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I just got to PoE endgame for the first time and I am so **** confused but I love it.

Yeah it can be pretty daunting at first, for sure.

Killed Uber Elder, Shaper, and Uber Atziri on my Molten Strike Juggernaut yesterday, I think I'm calling it quits on the league. I just don't have it in me to level another character and play through the story again.

If you play on PC and want some currency, let me know! Not counting my gear, I think I have 20+ exalted orbs and 1000+ chaos orbs.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,015

Post#458 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:09 pm

Civ VI is an interesting experience. Every time I think about playing, the complexity of it has me hesitant to start - it's almost overwhelming how much is going on at any moment and I'm still trying to navigate the intricacies of it all - but then once I load my save, I'm sucked in and hours go by while I'm trying to make progress.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#459 » by glenn » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:41 pm

It may be sacrilege to some Civ fans here, but I always loved Civ Revolution from the last gen (backwards compatible on Xbox One). It’s not as complex as the main Civ games but is still a lot of fun and not as daunting. The mobile versions are way too easy, though.
:reporter:
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#460 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:21 am

BMatt07 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I just got to PoE endgame for the first time and I am so **** confused but I love it.

Yeah it can be pretty daunting at first, for sure.

Killed Uber Elder, Shaper, and Uber Atziri on my Molten Strike Juggernaut yesterday, I think I'm calling it quits on the league. I just don't have it in me to level another character and play through the story again.

If you play on PC and want some currency, let me know! Not counting my gear, I think I have 20+ exalted orbs and 1000+ chaos orbs.

That seems like a popular build this league and last. I so rarely play melee in any game; I'm 75% of the time a caster, and 25% an archer. I made a double strike duelist to start this league, but it was a bad build and I re-rolled to an arc witch, which I did (and didn't finish) last league. I want to try archer next as I haven't done it in PoE yet, but might try a melee. Who knows.

I think I'm good as I don't have expectations for Elder on my first time, but thanks for the offer! I'll let you know if I change my mind :P Right now I'm trying to mine Tabula Rasa from Channel maps and Blood Aqueducts. 1/3 of the way there.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks