ImageImage

PG Chicago - Bucks Wake Up, Hammer Bulls

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Re: PG Chicago - Bucks Wake Up, Hammer Bulls 

Post#121 » by TroyD92 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Bledsoe turns 29 in a month. I don’t get why some of you are saying he’s 30. He’s probably got a good 3 years of prime left.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#122 » by H2tObes » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:34 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Bledsoe turns 29 in a month. I don’t get why some of you are saying he’s 30. He’s probably got a good 3 years of prime left.

Because he will be 30 for 80% of the season when he inks his next contract, so it makes a lot of sense to regard him as 30 when talking about contract

I do not think Bledsoe had 3 years at this level left, I think he would fall off hard by year 2 or even worse get injured eventually. This guy is really reliant on his athleticism remember, his jumper will not save him
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#123 » by JayMKE » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:38 pm

The Bulls were in terrible shape before Jabari showed up so hard to blame him entirely, it's a bad situation that's going be very hard to look good in. I think he's a guy that will probably have a better second act once he accepts his place as a roleplayer and starts caring more about defense which has shown flashes here and there of. If Jabari were still on this team, I think he'd probably be doing better than he is in Chicago right now. There worse things to be than a sane Michael Beasley, if Jabari flames out in Chicago I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back on the cheap in a reduced role. We brought back Brandon Jennings so why not? He's still a good athlete with an intriguing skill set on offense, it's not like he's a bad person, people like to hate but I think he would have put up decent numbers in Bud's system.
FREE GIANNIS
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#124 » by BuckFan25226 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:40 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Who the hell watches a game, ANY GAME ANY SPORT, and doesn't get caught up in the moment, good or bad? That's what being a sports fan is all about. It's a roller coaster. It's fun and it's frustrating. AFTER the game you can sit back and analyze the game as a whole. That's why we lock up the game thread and have a separate post game thread.

Exactly. With 2 minutes to go in the 1st half after Holiday hit the 3 to go up 22. I looked at my brother and said "F this, I'm out. I'm getting an Uber".(he drove) By the time I went to the bathroom and calmed down a bit I said to myself... OK, if we come out and actually play hard and work our way back in the game by the middle of the 3rd, I'll go back in. Of course, we come out guns blazing. When I walked back in and sat down my brother was laughing pretty hard at me to say the least.

Part of my frustration was that it's the Bulls, and the other part was, up close and personal, this team was half asleep in the first half. We weren't guarding anyone, no sense of of urgency on offense. Brutal. Fun 2nd half though! :lol:
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#125 » by H2tObes » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:41 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
H2tObes wrote: you want to resign the super reliant on athleticism, knee problem 30 year old to a multiyear contract? That's just a complete 180 man! That money could be better used elsewhere

Here's the Bledsoe dilemma in a nutshell.

1) You'll always want to upgrade him at PG because of the boneheaded decisions

2) Realistically upgrading him is damn near impossible because the Kemba, Lillard, Kyrie guys aren't available. And those are the only guys who are clear cut upgrades.

3) Given his age, injuries and mental lapses the rest of the league won't be lined up at his door.

Thus the Bucks can likely re-sign him for 3/$36 which seems to me to be a good compromise.

You might be right, maybe we can get him for cheap. I still really wouldn't like 12 mil, but I would accept it and bite my tongue, knowing that it could go wrong at any moment
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,716

Post#126 » by msiris » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:44 pm

H2tObes wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Who the hell watches a game, ANY GAME ANY SPORT, and doesn't get caught up in the moment, good or bad? That's what being a sports fan is all about. It's a roller coaster. It's fun and it's frustrating. AFTER the game you can sit back and analyze the game as a whole. That's why we pick up the game thread and have a separate post game thread.

Difference between getting caught up in the moment and saying really stupid things
Its called venting.
Ride the tank
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#127 » by Treebeard » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:45 pm

JayMKE wrote:The Bulls were in terrible shape before Jabari showed up so hard to blame him entirely, it's a bad situation that's going be very hard to look good in. I think he's a guy that will probably have a better second act once he accepts his place as a roleplayer and starts caring more about defense which has shown flashes here and there of. If Jabari were still on this team, I think he'd probably be doing better than he is in Chicago right now. There worse things to be than a sane Michael Beasley, if Jabari flames out in Chicago I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back on the cheap in a reduced role. We brought back Brandon Jennings so why not? He's still a good athlete with an intriguing skill set on offense, it's not like he's a bad person, people like to hate but I think he would have put up decent numbers in Bud's system.

I'd like to think that's true - and I had hopes that we would see an improved Parker in a Bud system. Based on some of the information coming out since he left - and much of it by his own words, I'd worry that he'd have a major sulk if Bud pulled him after a couple of blown defensive assignments. As you note, maybe the hard jar of reality slaps some sense into him at some point, but that may take a long time.
H2tObes
RealGM

Post#128 » by H2tObes » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:47 pm

msiris wrote:
H2tObes wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Who the hell watches a game, ANY GAME ANY SPORT, and doesn't get caught up in the moment, good or bad? That's what being a sports fan is all about. It's a roller coaster. It's fun and it's frustrating. AFTER the game you can sit back and analyze the game as a whole. That's why we pick up the game thread and have a separate post game thread.

Difference between getting caught up in the moment and saying really stupid things
Its called venting.

Yes it is, and some people don't enjoy reading venting from strangers on the internet. I don't, it's annoying. To each their own
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#129 » by BuckFan25226 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:47 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
BuckFan25226 wrote:I noticed an exchange between Jabari and an assistant coach during the 2nd half run after a Bulls timeout. He went up to Jabari to ask him "what were you thinking on that play?".... It wasn't combative, just trying to communicate and coach him. Jabari just looked at him, shook his head and walked away to sit down.

Such a tool. I get he was frustrated, but show a little respect.

They showed that on TV and I couldn't read his lips but yes, it looked like the challenge people have when trying to communicate to Jabari. The coach just walked away in disgust as Jabari was telling him it wasn't his fault the defense broke down. LaVine was part of the conversation and he too sort of shook his head.

People are not able to communicate with Jabari. That's been the entire issue in his career. More problematic than the ACL's actually.

The other interaction was when Jabari got the tech foul. Blakeney runs up to him and kept yelling at him "Not now, man, not now! Why now??" Jabari blew him off of course.

Of course when they were rolling and up 15, he was the best teammate and communicator ever.

Side note - Lavine is impressive, he never got down, always talking to his coaches, always motivating his teammates. Even as things were collapsing for them.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
Commenter
Sophomore
And1: 188

Post#130 » by Commenter » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:54 pm

Have we discussed how **** the orange fiserv logo looks on the alt court baseline?
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,824

Post#131 » by tydett » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:07 pm

I think we need to have two game threads going forward: a "Uecker seats" game thread where the trash like me can sit around and dispense with the hot takes all game, and a "Club level" game thread where the intelligentsia can sit around and watch the first half like last night and say to each other "I say, good chap, there is a good chance Thon's next contract isn't in China, despite this first half, ho hum, pass me the aged Vintner's Choice."
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#132 » by jute2003 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:08 pm

JayMKE wrote:The Bulls were in terrible shape before Jabari showed up so hard to blame him entirely, it's a bad situation that's going be very hard to look good in. I think he's a guy that will probably have a better second act once he accepts his place as a roleplayer and starts caring more about defense which has shown flashes here and there of. If Jabari were still on this team, I think he'd probably be doing better than he is in Chicago right now. There worse things to be than a sane Michael Beasley, if Jabari flames out in Chicago I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back on the cheap in a reduced role. We brought back Brandon Jennings so why not? He's still a good athlete with an intriguing skill set on offense, it's not like he's a bad person, people like to hate but I think he would have put up decent numbers in Bud's system.
The game thread was full of jilted ex posts and we are the ones that didnt want him back. It is strange. I agree that Jabari would look better here. I think he is a nice kid with maturity issues. He got his pride hurt in the offseason and is working through some ****. He will get better. Never 20 million worth better but better nonetheless. If his knees hold up he will have a decent career. Probably low end starter high end bench type. He needs a good coach and strong veterans around him on his next contract though. This bulls situation is about the worst possible spot for him or anyone else really. What a mess
only a fan, only an opinion
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,771

Post#133 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:08 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Who the hell watches a game, ANY GAME ANY SPORT, and doesn't get caught up in the moment, good or bad? That's what being a sports fan is all about. It's a roller coaster. It's fun and it's frustrating. AFTER the game you can sit back and analyze the game as a whole. That's why we lock up the game thread and have a separate post game thread.

Alternatively, this is the NBA and teams always make runs. Yes, by all means get caught up in the action and call the team out for crappy play. I do it too. I did it last night. But if you are going to spout off idiotic roster moves based on a single turnover in the 1st quarter then people are gonna call you out for it when the same guy scores 14 in the 3rd quarter...because people get caught up in the good moment.
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,285

Post#134 » by Finn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:15 pm

I don't participate in game threads (unable to do 2 things at once...). Decided to scan a few pages from last night's to see what you guys are talking about.

"Release Middleton. Just release him."

"This team really isn’t that good. We were watching fools gold before"

"Wow I hate this team, no excuse to come out flat against these aholes. I don't want to write off this team the rest of the year based on one game but this one will take the cake for me especially if Parker scores 40."

I think I'll stick to just watching.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#135 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:25 pm

The game threads are like a small bar. You'll always find a few (emotionally) drunk dudes saying things they don't mean, a few dudes talking about stuff they don't know a lot about, and at least one guy defending Giannis no matter what he does.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#136 » by Bucksfan28 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:29 pm

The internet, and more specifically forums, is not the place for you to lurk if venting and extreme reactions bug you. Cease the policing and just turn it into fun banter ffs.

EDIT: I also think people are tone deaf when it comes to sarcasm. Making bipolar comments during different swings in the game is entertaining. The GT's would be dull as hell w/o it.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,771

Post#137 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:The internet, and more specifically forums, is not the place for you to lurk if venting and extreme reactions bug you. Cease the policing and just turn it into fun banter ffs.

I'm fine with the venting but don't get your undies in a bundle when someone calls you out on your overreaction.
GB_Packers
Head Coach
And1: 1,248

PG Chicago - Bucks Wake Up, Hammer Bulls 

Post#138 » by GB_Packers » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Finn wrote:I don't participate in game threads (unable to do 2 things at once...). Decided to scan a few pages from last night's to see what you guys are talking about.

"Release Middleton. Just release him."

"This team really isn’t that good. We were watching fools gold before"

"Wow I hate this team, no excuse to come out flat against these aholes. I don't want to write off this team the rest of the year based on one game but this one will take the cake for me especially if Parker scores 40."

I think I'll stick to just watching.

Yup. It’s embarrassing. Was nice to just stay away from the whole game thread during the game for once. Made for some entertaining reading afterwards though.

Can’t imagine how some of these people will handle a deep playoff run for the first time, where most games will be down to the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#139 » by kid idioteque » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:37 pm

econniption wrote:
kid idioteque wrote:
Plossum wrote:
Math has never been my strong point but your second column adds up to 23 by my count when we've only played 15 games?

He's counting a 15+ point win as a 10+ win as well. :/

Is a 15+ point win not a 10+ point win as well?

It is but it's unnecessarily confusing IMO
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,738

Post#140 » by yannisk » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:40 pm

JayMKE wrote:There worse things to be than a sane Michael Beasley, if Jabari flames out in Chicago I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back on the cheap in a reduced role. We brought back Brandon Jennings so why not? He's still a good athlete with an intriguing skill set on offense, it's not like he's a bad person, people like to hate but I think he would have put up decent numbers in Bud's system.

I would prefer Beasley myself, he has been humbled already, he is cheaper, tries more on defense, not so many injuries concerns, good teammate, he is smiling not sulking, and even though he is older he is probably fitter

Return to Milwaukee Bucks