ImageImage

PG Denver - Bucks Grind Out Win

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BJ Sandered
Starter
And1: 1,795

Re: PG Denver - Bucks Grind Out Win 

Post#141 » by BJ Sandered » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:36 am

Good teams find a way to pull this one out at home and we did that down the stretch.
Baddy Chuck wrote:Some heroes wear headbands instead of capes.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#142 » by slos » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:20 am

We should sign now Brogdon to a 4 year extension and get him out of playing for his next contract. That would also make him an even better trade chip for us.
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#143 » by Oscar71 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:05 am

Now I know how Chris Sale felt with the Sox throwbacks.....
Kidd Prunty Budenholzer > Macha Roenicke Counsell
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#144 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:14 am

Vlade Divac wrote:
As I said on Raptors board it seem all Bucks player shoot like Curry when they need it. It’s incredible what they do. Tonight you guys could not hit a three in 3 quarters. And then in fourth you hit SEVEN!

^^^He's right about this. Better scheme and better personnel this year but there is some "minister golfing in the thunderstorm" Caddyshack stuff happening the past month. I can't recall a Bucks team ever hitting so many clutch three's as they have so far this year.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#145 » by Chapter29 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:36 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Since the opening streak

L
W
L
W
L
W
L
W
W

Yes but with a very strong SOS.
Giannis
is
UponUs
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#146 » by steger_3434 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:45 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:
As I said on Raptors board it seem all Bucks player shoot like Curry when they need it. It’s incredible what they do. Tonight you guys could not hit a three in 3 quarters. And then in fourth you hit SEVEN!

^^^He's right about this. Better scheme and better personnel this year but there is some "minister golfing in the thunderstorm" Caddyshack stuff happening the past month. I can't recall a Bucks team ever hitting so many clutch three's as they have so far this year.

Last year we seemed to hit “clutch” threes in the final minutes of games. Problem was we were down 10 at the time and these just cut our loss to 4. Now we are within striking distance so the threes have us winning by 6. This year has really been crazy. Either we come out hitting everything and the game is over by halftime or we come out of halftime hitting everything and the game lasts till the final minutes. We basically blow teams out once per game per half. If we can just play even the other half we are winning every game by 15

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#147 » by hege53190 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:47 am

What is with all the Brogdon hate?

I really don't get it. The guy is making $1.5 million this year shooting 49/43/96 and playing pretty darn good defense. You can put him in any role and he won't be a total liability.

I don't know if people remember last year before Bledsoe came but our first unit was **** incredible with Brogdon, Snell, Middleton, Giannis and Moose/Henson. And that was with Kidd as our coach. People claim he can't play point. What a joke.

Is Brogdon making some plays for his contract? Sure. But that is what happens when you have 10s of millions of dollars on the line.

I would also love to see Brogdon waiving off Bledsoe and Bud to say I got this. This is how the perception of one person becomes reality.

Maybe you guys can start a "now is the time to trade Brogdon" thread, look like fools, then when I bring it up in 4 months when everyone is nut hugging Brogdon, somehow it will just disappear.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#148 » by truly » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Giannis gets zero respect from the refs.How is this not a foul ? :-?
I don't want Giannis to become a flopper but he needs to start selling contact more.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#149 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:10 pm

truly wrote:
Read on Twitter

Giannis gets zero respect from the refs.How is this not a foul ? :-?
I don't want Giannis to become a flopper but he needs to start selling contact more.

It's disgusting the lack of respect he gets from the refs.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#150 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:16 pm

Just went to espn.com, and they have the Bucks game...a regular season Bucks game...as one of their top headlines.

It talks about our slow starts. This is the kind of article you usually see written about teams like GS, HOU, BOS etc. We are finally relevant again (tho I despise ESPN).

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25328234/giannis-antetokounmpo-milwaukee-bucks-again-rally-early-deficit-need-fix-it
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#151 » by LuessiT » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:17 pm

slos wrote:We should sign now Brogdon to a 4 year extension and get him out of playing for his next contract. That would also make him an even better trade chip for us.

That would make him a PP contract and pretty much untradeable until next season.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#152 » by leroyjw10 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:05 pm

While I agree that Brogdon's hands are getting too sticky at times, he's also the owner of 49/43/96 shootings splits (!) Maybe, just maybe, his number should be getting called.
freewhitemoon
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,351

Post#153 » by freewhitemoon » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:31 pm

If someone taught Brogdon a proper shooting form when he was younger he'd probably be a star player. His hand eye coordination is pretty incredible if he manages those %s with that ugly shot
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#154 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol:
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,280

Post#155 » by HKPackFan » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:57 pm

steger_3434 wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:

Last year we seemed to hit “clutch” threes in the final minutes of games. Problem was we were down 10 at the time and these just cut our loss to 4. Now we are within striking distance so the threes have us winning by 6. This year has really been crazy. Either we come out hitting everything and the game is over by halftime or we come out of halftime hitting everything and the game lasts till the final minutes. We basically blow teams out once per game per half. If we can just play even the other half we are winning every game by 15

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

If we play 48 minutes up to our potential, we'd be beating good teams by 10 to 15 pts. Wouldn't that make us the warriors light?

I agree with you, we don't seem to play a full game. Either blowout by halftime and rest or crappy first half followed by blowing a team out 2nd half to tie or win.

It sounds warrior level though right?

But then again percentages overall say we will have crappy quarters where we can't hit a 3, but when this team is cooking, it's lights out. All it takes is for us to go on one big run and we can climb out of a 15 to 20pt deficit or bury a team by 20pts.

The power this team can sometimes wield is still shocking.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#156 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:13 pm

ESPN is writing stories about us. Wild.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25328234/giannis-antetokounmpo-milwaukee-bucks-again-rally-early-deficit-need-fix-it

The Bucks have developed a bad habit over the course of the season that has led to stern locker room speeches from coach Mike Budenholzer. The Bucks have an impressive record and boast the best offensive rating in the league, but they've been outscored by their opponents in first quarters this season thanks to some slow starts.

On Monday night, the Bucks found themselves facing a four-point deficit to the Denver Nuggets at the end of the first quarter of their 104-98 win.

By halftime, Denver's lead was 10.

"We definitely need to fix it," Giannis Antetokounmpo said after the game, the eighth in which the Bucks have trailed at the end of the first quarter -- of 16 games this season. "We have to do a better job trying to set the tone. I think we did a better job this game, but we can do a lot better. But talent always saves us. I feel like we're so talented that when were down 10, down 15, we can always get back in the game. But we know that down the road, that is not going to help us. We have to be able to set the tone and have control of the full game."
zombo1
Freshman
And1: 44

Post#157 » by zombo1 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:35 pm

hege53190 wrote:What is with all the Brogdon hate?

I really don't get it. The guy is making $1.5 million this year shooting 49/43/96 and playing pretty darn good defense. You can put him in any role and he won't be a total liability.

I don't know if people remember last year before Bledsoe came but our first unit was **** incredible with Brogdon, Snell, Middleton, Giannis and Moose/Henson. And that was with Kidd as our coach. People claim he can't play point. What a joke.

Is Brogdon making some plays for his contract? Sure. But that is what happens when you have 10s of millions of dollars on the line.

I would also love to see Brogdon waiving off Bledsoe and Bud to say I got this. This is how the perception of one person becomes reality.

Maybe you guys can start a "now is the time to trade Brogdon" thread, look like fools, then when I bring it up in 4 months when everyone is nut hugging Brogdon, somehow it will just disappear.

totally agree....apparently he is the flavor of the day for the basketball experts on this site, now that Jabari is gone. who is next if he gets shipped out?
PurpleMoses
Freshman
And1: 48

Post#158 » by PurpleMoses » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Fresh_Prince12 wrote:
Read on Twitter

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Accidental KenM
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#159 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:39 pm

Maybe I'll learn to love the uniforms if they go on a big win streak in them. As is, they're some of the worst I've ever seen.

Really don't understand the Brogdon hate. I think he's pretty much what we need at shooting guard with Bledsoe and Giannis handling the ball. People are strange these days.
Do it for Chuck
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#160 » by SirChurros » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:40 pm

Imagine if Giannis was playing more in control and not averaging almost 5 turnovers per game....

Return to Milwaukee Bucks