PG Denver - Bucks Grind Out Win

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,481

Re: PG Denver - Bucks Grind Out Win 

Post#241 » by neiLz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:51 pm

MAC1987 wrote:
Buck Dweller wrote:“Selfish” 2018 Brogdon per 36: 17/5/4, 59.2 TS%, 42 3PT% on 4 attempts a game. Turnovers are at 2 a game per 36. Also doesn’t have any free throw troubles that Giannis and Bled do. Defensively he is fine at worst.

Brogdon is a good starter on any team and Snell/Delly money for him would be a steal. People are overly critical of his game because it isn’t flashy.

People can certainly be critical of his game but I agree with your statement. We are talking about our 4th or 5th scoring option here. He might actually be perfect for the team. I'll admit I have not been watching the games as closely yet but is Brogdon really being selfish...? Where did that come from?

He's been taking too many drives and dribbling too much. He had a critical play last night in crunch time. one possession game and he went iso drove and took a HORRIBLE shot that didn't even hit rim. He's had a few of them t his year where he tried to do way too much. he needs to just stick to what he does best. I am not ready to get rid of him, but if a team came a callin for him, id trade him for the right fit.
jr lucosa
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,151

Post#242 » by jr lucosa » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Guys are playing to their strengths in this offense. For Brogdon, often times the best play is to hesitate or fake one direction and then blow by his guy using a combination of strength and quickness to get to the rim and score. I don't think he's necessarily selfish, but in a good offense that creates space and openings for guys, he does not have the best decision making and or vision to make the right plays. He definitely isn't a PG playing out of position for the betterment of the team, but he is playing his style of ball and doing it pretty well, even if he does miss an open teammate from time to time.
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,411

Post#243 » by randy84 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Yeah why is everyone bagging on Brogdon when you still have Ersan and Snell to complain about?
Bmaasse
Senior
And1: 572

Post#244 » by Bmaasse » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:56 pm

Brogdon stated in an interview that he was having trouble adjusting from playing the 1 and transitioning to the 2. He stated that's why he was over dribbling so much earlier in the season. He was used to probing the defense to set something up. He's now being coached to be more aggressive as a scorer, which is why it may appear that he is playing selfish.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#245 » by Ayt » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:59 pm

People have been complaining about Brogdon all year. I don't expect it to change at any point.

I think there is a disconnect between what Bud wants from Brogdon and what some people expect. The hardest thing to replace would be his ability to punish matchups one on one off the dribble, yet that is the thing people complain about most often. Pat C., Snell, and Dante (at this point, anyway) certainly can't bring what Brogdon brings in that regard. He's also a career .400 shooter from three who is a versatile defender.

Again, he's no world beater, but he has a very useful skillset for this roster.

If the iso he ran last night wasn't called by Bud, it was a dumb thing to do. It also seems like something easily correctable. Complaints about his driving game overall on the season make no sense to me. He's done a good job of exploiting the fact that the paint is often wide open in our system. The smaller shooting guards these days can't deal with his strength if he gets an opening to the rim.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,744

Post#246 » by emunney » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:08 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
emunney wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
id resign him for that then.

Think I would too. If we're as close to the top in July as we now seem.

we got to bring everybody back and then get down near the tax the follwoing year. contenders all go over and its the repeater tax we have to avoid.

i feel the core of our 5 starters can play with anybody.
brogdon/lopez leaving could cause a mild backtrack....... middleton/bledsoe leaving potentially a massive fall off.

do whatever possible you can to bring them back. that starting 5 insures Giannis isn't going anywhere and the feeling we have now about this team goes nowhere.

the next year you have delly/henson/ersan up..... you get creative looking for cheaper replacements then if you have to. to me this offseason is one of the simplest weve ever had.

Yeah I'm most concerned with this year for the time being. This team is playing such that it's not *inconceivable* that we accomplish everything we set out to accomplish this year. It's not a high chance but it's important to recognize when you have opportunities -- we should think about how we've rooted for losses to have a marginally better chance at a player who could get us to the level at which we're currently playing. It feels like we're close enough to everyone to be within the variance of team-to-team health issues.

For long term, it's the same rules as everyone who's trying to get to the top: whoever makes the fewest mistakes wins.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,744

Post#247 » by DanoMac » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:15 pm

I need help here--

Every home game, usually 4th quarter between 8-10 mins left, the DJ plays the instrumental to this hip hop song from the early-mid 2000s I wanna say. It's a remix to a song, I'm pretty sure, and I think it's a 50 Cent song.

I know for a fact he played it last night at about the 9 minute mark.

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about or am I crazy?
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,671

PG Denver - Bucks Grind Out Win 

Post#248 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:17 pm

DanoMac wrote:I need help here--

Every home game, usually 4th quarter between 8-10 mins left, the DJ plays the instrumental to this hip hop song from the early-mid 2000s I wanna say. It's a remix to a song, I'm pretty sure, and I think it's a 50 Cent song.

I’m taking a guess here but maybe Coo Coo Cal - My Projects or David Banner - Like a Pimp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#249 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Brogdon will be the key piece in a deadline trade. Otherwise, they will pull a Tony Snell and give him a contract that ends up being a liability and not an asset. Ever hear the phrase...sell high?!
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#250 » by aboveAverage » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Yeah, I'm not trading Brogdon unless it's for a big upgrade. As people have pointed out, he's been a lights out shooter and is our only guy who can drive to the basket and create in the paint off the dribble other than Bledsoe. He's crucial to our success.
Serge28
RealGM
And1: 1,741

Post#251 » by Serge28 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Has Brogdon been perfect? No.

Is he vastly outperforming his rookie contract? Yeah, he is.

Do I want to trade him? Absolutely not!
DanoMac
General Manager

Post#252 » by DanoMac » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:43 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:

I’m taking a guess here but maybe Coo Coo Cal - My Projects or David Banner - Like a Pimp?

The Forum staples. Not those, though. I'm a big hip hop fan, just can't put my finger on this song. Pretty sure 50 Cent sings the chorus.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#253 » by crkone » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:45 pm

DanoMac wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:

Hahah the Forum staples. None of those. I'm a big hip hop fan, just can't put my finger on this song

Is it the remix to Ignition? Hot and fresh out the kitchen?

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,744

Post#254 » by emunney » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:47 pm

crkone wrote:
DanoMac wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:

Hahah the Forum staples. None of those. I'm a big hip hop fan, just can't put my finger on this song

Based on what he has done R Kelly should be in prison?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#255 » by crkone » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:50 pm

emunney wrote:
crkone wrote:
DanoMac wrote:

Based on what he has done R Kelly should be in prison?

That's my Robert, always peeing on people.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
DanoMac
General Manager

Post#256 » by DanoMac » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:52 pm

Went to an R Kelly Christmas Concert like 2 years ago and I'll never be the same.

Re-watching the game and the instrumental plays at exactly 9 mins in the 4th while the Bucks have the ball. If anyone recognizes it, get at me!
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#257 » by DingleJerry » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:54 pm

DanoMac wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:

The Forum staples. Not those, though. I'm a big hip hop fan, just can't put my finger on this song. Pretty sure 50 Cent sings the chorus.

Other than the 50 Cent line which likely eliminates this guess, I've had ODB Shimmy Shimmy Ya be the answer to this question a few times in the past, especially if it's just the instrumental. An episode of Breaking Bad comes to mind.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
DanoMac
General Manager

Post#258 » by DanoMac » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:56 pm

https://www.nbafullhd.com/66354-2/

9 minute mark in the 4th qtr (like 2:50 in the video)
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Post#259 » by raferfenix » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:58 pm

I'm high on Brogdon.

That's why I can imagine another team offering a lot for him.

If the Bucks didn't have so many other free agents about to get paid I wouldn't think we would be as likely to be enticed to make a move.

We certainly don't have to though, especially since he's a RFA.
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#260 » by SirChurros » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:03 pm

I should clarify my stance on Brogdon.

I don't mind him, but if you can involve him in a deal that gets you an upgrade at his position, I'm in for moving him. I really don't think he gives you much more than Pat C.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks