ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

User avatar
ClassicJack
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,414
And1: 593
Joined: Nov 24, 2005
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#921 » by ClassicJack » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:10 pm

SkilesTheLimit wrote:I've watched as much Big 3 action as I have WNBA.

And I've never watched one WNBA game in my life.


You're so cool, dude.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
User avatar
jmart762
Pro Prospect
Posts: 835
And1: 360
Joined: Jul 01, 2010
   

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#922 » by jmart762 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 2:44 pm

trwi7 wrote:
jmart762 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
I'd rather roll around in cow **** than watch this.


I'm hiring


What are the hours and pay?


Too many for not enough.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,838
And1: 750
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#923 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:51 pm

I see the season ticket holders pre-sale/ability to buy extra seats will no longer be season pricing per the email we just received.
KidA24
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,503
And1: 2,018
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#924 » by KidA24 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I see the season ticket holders pre-sale/ability to buy extra seats will no longer be season pricing per the email we just received.


Can you elaborate?

I'm on the verge of getting season seats, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger as I travel a lot for work and the inability to sell off more than 13 games would hurt my wallet.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 808
And1: 429
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#925 » by soxperry » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:49 pm

New season ticket holder this year...

Around when do they start letting us exchange tickets?
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 808
And1: 429
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#926 » by soxperry » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:51 pm

KidA24 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:I see the season ticket holders pre-sale/ability to buy extra seats will no longer be season pricing per the email we just received.


Can you elaborate?

I'm on the verge of getting season seats, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger as I travel a lot for work and the inability to sell off more than 13 games would hurt my wallet.


I was told that you aren't allowed to sell more than 1/3 of your tickets "on the marketplace." They didn't mentioned stubhub. When you sell on stubhub the tickets get treated as a transfer, not a sale, is my understanding. There's no way in hell i'm going to more than 10 games this year. Why would anyone spend that kind of money for regular season games? Then again, maybe if I had uppers that would be more feasible.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,838
And1: 750
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#927 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:02 pm

To clarify my post, they sent out an email saying that season ticket holders will have the presale before general public which is normal. However they also noted that unlike previous years the presale prices for season ticket holders will not be at season ticket holder price. They will be higher they noted.

Last year they implemented the you can't sell more than 1/3 of your tickets on the market place. I did not see any language on that thus far for this season.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,838
And1: 750
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#928 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:17 pm

soxperry wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:I see the season ticket holders pre-sale/ability to buy extra seats will no longer be season pricing per the email we just received.


Can you elaborate?

I'm on the verge of getting season seats, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger as I travel a lot for work and the inability to sell off more than 13 games would hurt my wallet.


I was told that you aren't allowed to sell more than 1/3 of your tickets "on the marketplace." They didn't mentioned stubhub. When you sell on stubhub the tickets get treated as a transfer, not a sale, is my understanding. There's no way in hell i'm going to more than 10 games this year. Why would anyone spend that kind of money for regular season games? Then again, maybe if I had uppers that would be more feasible.


I'm somewhat surprised they had/have that rule as it only drove money away from Ticketmaster who I believe has the partnership with NBA.
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 808
And1: 429
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#929 » by soxperry » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:42 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:To clarify my post, they sent out an email saying that season ticket holders will have the presale before general public which is normal. However they also noted that unlike previous years the presale prices for season ticket holders will not be at season ticket holder price. They will be higher they noted.

Last year they implemented the you can't sell more than 1/3 of your tickets on the market place. I did not see any language on that thus far for this season.


They told me about that rule basically right after I purchased the tickets (this was right before the playoffs). The timing was interesting. They said that they had recently uncovered a broker scam and wanted to ensure that it didn't happen again. I just really wanted guaranteed playoff tickets so i said, "yeah okay fine."

It's a very silly policy.. the Brewers have something like that too. it shouldn't be any of their business what we do with the tickets. we are assuming a massive amount of risk if an injury happens and the season is lost.. you think anyone is going to pay even 60 dollars for my 100 dollar seat if Giannis isn't playing? if this were the 90s, i'd say they can get bent.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,838
And1: 750
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#930 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:24 pm

soxperry wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:To clarify my post, they sent out an email saying that season ticket holders will have the presale before general public which is normal. However they also noted that unlike previous years the presale prices for season ticket holders will not be at season ticket holder price. They will be higher they noted.

Last year they implemented the you can't sell more than 1/3 of your tickets on the market place. I did not see any language on that thus far for this season.


It's a very silly policy.. the Brewers have something like that too. it shouldn't be any of their business what we do with the tickets. we are assuming a massive amount of risk if an injury happens and the season is lost.. you think anyone is going to pay even 60 dollars for my 100 dollar seat if Giannis isn't playing?


Agreed, 100%.

They weren't upfront with it last year either. I know I signed essentially a 2 year deal for last year of BC and then 1st in Fiserv, and then quietly they snuck in could only sell 1/3 tickets on marketplace. Fortunately there are other outlets AND there was interest amongst friends, etc unlike most years.
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 808
And1: 429
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#931 » by soxperry » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:43 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:
soxperry wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:To clarify my post, they sent out an email saying that season ticket holders will have the presale before general public which is normal. However they also noted that unlike previous years the presale prices for season ticket holders will not be at season ticket holder price. They will be higher they noted.

Last year they implemented the you can't sell more than 1/3 of your tickets on the market place. I did not see any language on that thus far for this season.


It's a very silly policy.. the Brewers have something like that too. it shouldn't be any of their business what we do with the tickets. we are assuming a massive amount of risk if an injury happens and the season is lost.. you think anyone is going to pay even 60 dollars for my 100 dollar seat if Giannis isn't playing?


Agreed, 100%.

They weren't upfront with it last year either. I know I signed essentially a 2 year deal for last year of BC and then 1st in Fiserv, and then quietly they snuck in could only sell 1/3 tickets on marketplace. Fortunately there are other outlets AND there was interest amongst friends, etc unlike most years.


Yeah.. only thing is, the playoff were an eye opening experience for ticket resales.. if it wasn't a weekend game, people weren't paying face value. it was pretty sad. i know people here did very well re selling regular season last year but i'm hoping that that wasn't ONLY because of the new arena smell. i'm hoping the general public still believes in the team. i do, i just don't want to sacrifice hundreds of wasted dollars to be a season ticket holder if the fans are now going back to being fickle..

to be clear, i'm not trying to make money off the tickets, i just don't want to lose money and have access to postseason tickets.. that's it.. and I think that's pretty reasonable for a 60 win team with the league MVP..
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,838
And1: 750
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#932 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:08 am

Last year I felt the market didn't pick up until January. I know I struggled to sell some of those early week night games and weekend games were reasonable too. It will be interesting how this year goes. Positives are the team is a Finals contender coming off a big season. Interest should be there.
BradMKE
Junior
Posts: 317
And1: 228
Joined: Jun 04, 2014

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#933 » by BradMKE » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:15 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:Last year I felt the market didn't pick up until January. I know I struggled to sell some of those early week night games and weekend games were reasonable too. It will be interesting how this year goes. Positives are the team is a Finals contender coming off a big season. Interest should be there.


Same here. Seemed like as soon as the holidays arrived ticket prices exploded and I was getting 4x what I paid for my upper level seats for weekend games for the rest of the season. With the opponents in November not being that exciting it’ll be rough again this season but December has some very attractive games. My plan, which worked very well last year, is to trade in most November weekday games for credit and use that credit for cheap tickets to more attractive games later in the season.

With them charging us more for extra regular season games I’m also guessing that playoff tickets are going to be significantly more expensive for STHs this season as well compared to last season. They learned their lesson and will want to make more $ themselves instead of letting us make it. No more first round tickets for the same price we paid for the regular season. And if we can buy any extra playoff strips they’ll probably charge what they charged the public this past season and will say getting early access is our perk instead of the very low prices we got last season.
bigredbadger
Sophomore
Posts: 149
And1: 29
Joined: Jan 28, 2008

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#934 » by bigredbadger » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
soxperry wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
Can you elaborate?

I'm on the verge of getting season seats, but I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger as I travel a lot for work and the inability to sell off more than 13 games would hurt my wallet.


I was told that you aren't allowed to sell more than 1/3 of your tickets "on the marketplace." They didn't mentioned stubhub. When you sell on stubhub the tickets get treated as a transfer, not a sale, is my understanding. There's no way in hell i'm going to more than 10 games this year. Why would anyone spend that kind of money for regular season games? Then again, maybe if I had uppers that would be more feasible.


I'm somewhat surprised they had/have that rule as it only drove money away from Ticketmaster who I believe has the partnership with NBA.

The "1/3 rule" is in place to prevent brokers from buying a bunch of seats and selling on the second hand market. if you own 2 seats and attend some games, they wont care if you sell more than 1/3.

they also cant track sales on stubhub because you are essentially selling a screenshot of your ticket and there is no transfer within the bucks portal like there is on ticketmaster. but i will warn you that selling on stubhub comes with risks because Fiserv technically has a policy that you cannot enter with a screenshot of your barcode. if the person you sell to on stubhub somehow messes up and doesnt gain access to the game, stubhub will refund them and collect the sale price back from you plus an additional 50%. i have also heard that ticketmaster/NBA are working on the barcode being a gif so that you can no longer use screenshots of the barcode. dont know how far out that technology is though.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,838
And1: 750
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#935 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:48 pm

bigredbadger wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
soxperry wrote:
I was told that you aren't allowed to sell more than 1/3 of your tickets "on the marketplace." They didn't mentioned stubhub. When you sell on stubhub the tickets get treated as a transfer, not a sale, is my understanding. There's no way in hell i'm going to more than 10 games this year. Why would anyone spend that kind of money for regular season games? Then again, maybe if I had uppers that would be more feasible.


I'm somewhat surprised they had/have that rule as it only drove money away from Ticketmaster who I believe has the partnership with NBA.

The "1/3 rule" is in place to prevent brokers from buying a bunch of seats and selling on the second hand market. if you own 2 seats and attend some games, they wont care if you sell more than 1/3.

they also cant track sales on stubhub because you are essentially selling a screenshot of your ticket and there is no transfer within the bucks portal like there is on ticketmaster. but i will warn you that selling on stubhub comes with risks because Fiserv technically has a policy that you cannot enter with a screenshot of your barcode. if the person you sell to on stubhub somehow messes up and doesnt gain access to the game, stubhub will refund them and collect the sale price back from you plus an additional 50%. i have also heard that ticketmaster/NBA are working on the barcode being a gif so that you can no longer use screenshots of the barcode. dont know how far out that technology is though.


There is an option in StubHub to transfer the tickets upon sale. When the buyer pays, the seller gets a name and email address to transfer tickets to (not screenshots). The only issues I ran into were sometimes buyers claimed they didn't receive their tickets so I would have to cancel, re-transfer, and provide screen shot I sent tickets. However later in the season i noticed the email address i was getting was a dummy StubHub address so i think that was a fix for that issue as the tickets were going to StubHub first maybe?

I'm curious how much more tickets will be too. I mean tickets at season rate was a benefit last year that was great but guessing it won't be as good. Curious if they do any other tweaks to that point system and/or discounts.
WiscoKing13
RealGM
Posts: 10,785
And1: 645
Joined: Jan 03, 2009
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#936 » by WiscoKing13 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:59 pm

Bought a 12 pack last year and this year they are only doing a fixed 10 pack where half the games are garbage. What a joke.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
DanoMac wrote:
bullox wrote:That phone number was an asset to you. You had a direct line to the gm. You've squandered it.


I squandered an asset? Then Hammond taught me well.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 62,438
And1: 15,840
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#937 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:20 pm

I figured there would be some pretty big changes. Supply/demand.
I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down'. - Bob Newhart
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 13,604
And1: 2,244
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#938 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:30 am

It looks like upper deck season tickets are sold out. Wonder if they actually have a mark where they won't sell a seat and hold them for single game tickets?
Finley on pace for: 51 receptions, 780 yards, 7TD Iceness predicted 35-55.

Image
User avatar
BroncoBuck
Starter
Posts: 2,401
And1: 1,019
Joined: May 19, 2015
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#939 » by BroncoBuck » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:56 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:It looks like upper deck season tickets are sold out. Wonder if they actually have a mark where they won't sell a seat and hold them for single game tickets?


They reserve a portion of them. That’s how they are able to offer the 10 game plans and other promotions throughout the season. Not sure what the cap is though.
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 808
And1: 429
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#940 » by soxperry » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:49 am

I'm okay with all of this maximizing of profits as long as it leads to Giannis signing the super max. If that happens, just take my whole paycheck i'm set.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks