And1: 553

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1021 » by BradMKE » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:54 pm

MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,056

Post#1022 » by MVP2110 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:20 pm

Any word on what they got rid of?(for example is that Canal St Pizza replacing whatever the Pizza place was called last year?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1023 » by BradMKE » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:26 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Any word on what they got rid of?(for example is that Canal St Pizza replacing whatever the Pizza place was called last year?

Looks like it's pretty much the same. Canal Street Pizza is the same stand that was there last year so no change there. Looks like they added some new stands on the mezzanine level like the Ardent Burger stand but most won't have access to those.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,403

Post#1024 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:58 pm

I've been very underwhelmed by the food so far at FF. I expect that it will be expensive but it's just not very good. And as has been talked about of course there are a ton of good options near/around the FF. But I don't always have time to eat elsewhere before a game.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#1025 » by trwi7 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:06 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I've been very underwhelmed by the food so far at FF. I expect that it will be expensive but it's just not very good. And as has been talked about of course there are a ton of good options near/around the FF. But I don't always have time to eat elsewhere before a game.

Eat after the game.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1026 » by MVP2110 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:08 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I've been very underwhelmed by the food so far at FF. I expect that it will be expensive but it's just not very good. And as has been talked about of course there are a ton of good options near/around the FF. But I don't always have time to eat elsewhere before a game.

Oh man I don't know that I could disagree with you any more than I do. I'll agree it's overpriced but compared to Miller Park, Camp Randall, Lambeau, etc I think Fiserv has the most diverse options and the best tasting options
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,403

Post#1027 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:48 pm

Yeah a lot of options, none of them very good IMO. Laughing Taco was a joke, pizza bleh, Sobelman's was ok, Iron Grate was probably the best but I've had far better. I didn't eat anything there after the first 4-5 times, maybe it's now better.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1028 » by MVP2110 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:31 pm

Personally I'm a big fan of the Fried Chicken, Chick Fil A, the Pizza is decent, Sobelmans is good. My girlfriend loves the fish & Greek options upstairs. Idk maybe we just have different tastes but I'd take Fiserv Forum food options over any other stadium in Wisconsin easily
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#1029 » by skones » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:29 am

Ardent is a weird fit. Is El Rey an addition or were they around last year and I missed them. Their pork tamales are one of the best values in the entire damn city.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1030 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:39 am

MVP2110 wrote:

Oh man I don't know that I could disagree with you any more than I do. I'll agree it's overpriced but compared to Miller Park, Camp Randall, Lambeau, etc I think Fiserv has the most diverse options and the best tasting options

It's better than the rest but not good enough to justify the price. I'm weird about food but rather wait 2 hours for decent healthy food at a good price or just eat something at work before the game.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1031 » by MVP2110 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:42 am

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

It's better than the rest but not good enough to justify the price. I'm weird about food but rather wait 2 hours for decent healthy food at a good price or just eat something at work before the game.

Is there any sports arena that you would consider better?
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1032 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:47 am

MVP2110 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

No but they set the expectations high. Said they were bringing in great restaurants and making it a good destination. It isn't that. Sobelmans doesn't sell sobelmans burgers. Not even worth waiting in line for it so slightly less worst food I won't buy isn't any better than really bad food I won't buy.

Only restaurant I think is decent is Dan dan in the pano club but that didn't open until February.

My favorite stadium food was refugee at the Bradley center. Green smoothie, wrap and carrots for 12 bucks.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1033 » by MVP2110 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:00 am

MVP2110 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:It's better than the rest but not good enough to justify the price. I'm weird about food but rather wait 2 hours for decent healthy food at a good price or just eat something at work before the game.

No but they set the expectations high. Said they were bringing in great restaurants and making it a good destination. It isn't that. Sobelmans doesn't sell sobelmans burgers. Not even worth waiting in line for it so slightly less worst food I won't buy isn't any better than really bad food I won't buy.

Only restaurant I think is decent is Dan dan in the pano club but that didn't open until February.

My favorite stadium food was refugee at the Bradley center. Green smoothie, wrap and carrots for 12 bucks.

So I think this is the issue for alot of people. They want restaurant quality food. They compare the type of food that you can get at actual Sobelmans compared to the Sobelmans in the stadium. I do think the owners have done a great job of putting in a wide variety of foods and local foods specifically, but it is more expensive and less quality than going to a normal restaurant. But I think they are far better compared to other stadiums in the region
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#1034 » by soxperry » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:34 am

trwi7 wrote:

Eat after the game.

so the only solution to a bad food situation is to simply not utilize it?

it's 2019, i would hope we can do better than that.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1035 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:49 pm

soxperry wrote:so the only solution to a bad food situation is to simply not utilize it?

Umm, yes? The only other option is a boycott/protest and that won't work if you don't get hundreds, if not thousands to join along, which seems unlikely.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1036 » by MVP2110 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:06 pm

Realistically what do you guys think the Fiserv Forum could do to make the food situation better?
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1037 » by talbert » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:16 pm

Just sell normal stadium food. Hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, that sort of stuff. Don't try to make it all something it's not, and stop hyping it up like it's sit-down restaurant quality food. I personally love the food at Miller.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1038 » by MVP2110 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:21 pm

talbert wrote:Just sell normal stadium food. Hot dogs, hamburgers, nachos, that sort of stuff. Don't try to make it all something it's not, and stop hyping it up like it's sit-down restaurant quality food. I personally love the food at Miller.

But then you get a lot of people who want more than just basic stadium food. My girlfriend is immensely more excited to go to Bucks games because of the food options she has as opposed to Brewers games.

Plus you can get that Burgers & hot dogs at Fiserv if you want.

I do agree it isn't restaurant quality, but I think that's an unrealistic expectation and the Bucks shouldn't hype it up as that.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#1039 » by trwi7 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:24 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Realistically what do you guys think the Fiserv Forum could do to make the food situation better?

It’s all garbage so don’t try to sell people on it being something other than garbage and don’t price it as restaurant quality.

MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1040 » by MVP2110 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:29 pm

trwi7 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:Realistically what do you guys think the Fiserv Forum could do to make the food situation better?

It’s all garbage so don’t try to sell people on it being something other than garbage and don’t price it as restaurant quality.

You see Miller Park & Lambeau hyping up their new food options as well every year and things are just as expensive at those stadiums. I guess in my opinion stadiums will never have restaurant quality food, so we shouldn't compare them to restaurants, we should compare them to their counterparts. The bucks tried to bring in real local restaurants into the stadium, but it's unrealistic to expect them to be able to sell the same quality in the stadium as they do at their actual locations

Return to Milwaukee Bucks