MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1221 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:31 am

Thunder Muscle wrote:
talbert wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
I was told the new rate is the "lowest" amount next year will be until final pricing is determined. Once final determination is made, monthly rate will be adjusted (likely for February). So mine are at least going up minimum 58% per that info, woo boy.

Looking at the email that was sent that's not how I interpreted it.

Your first payment amount will be based on the current season's monthly payment plan.

To me, that means the first payment will be what I paid last year monthly, and then It will be adjusted. I want to know what something costs before I start paying for it. This is the MINIMUM the tickets will go up? Get the **** out of here with that. The Bucks are playing games and right now I'll play along because the team is so good, but IF you know who leaves I think it's going to be hard to sell season tickets the way the Bucks have treated the season ticket holders. Every time I turn around it feels like the bucks are pulling a fast one on me. :wavefinger:

That was my interpretation too and what they have done in past years (i.e. pay last year amount until new prices are out). Yeah I dont like this change w/o notification and am curious if it's even legal what they're doing. Maybe it's in some fine print.

I'll play along until Giannis leaves or even if he stays I'll stay in until the market levels off which I assume will as arena "ages", people spoiled with winning 50 games and seeing Giannis, etc.

It's not illegal but it's also not a legal contract. The consideration is not clearly defined nor services rendered so the contract can't be executed until they give you the prices. So everything has to be refundable. The only reason this makes sense is they think less people will cancel after a big price hike if they have 20% already in their account and would have to go through the hassle of asking for a refund. It's basically a subscription service at that point and judging by how many people have planet fitness memberships and never use it, they are probably betting on people being too lazy to cancel.
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#1222 » by BradMKE » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:28 am

Toodles1980 wrote:This is why I opted out of the "Green and Growing" or whatever they call the auto-renewal they force on everyone now. I want to know the cost before I commit to paying. The fact that they're charging people before they even know how much they're charging for the whole year is super shady, IMO.

Yeah I opted out as well and do the “pay in full” option. One of their recent emails said they are going to charge us on 2/15. The question is whether we’ll know what the full amount will be before they try to hit the credit card. I’d love nothing more than to file a credit card dispute if they increase prices and charge my card without letting us know in advance.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,942

Post#1223 » by soxperry » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:55 am

so... i signed on for two years and part of the incentive was that i would have my price from this season locked in for next season. did anyone else do that and is now seeing a price increase regardless?

just finished paying of this season's payments in december so i haven't gotten anything for next season yet.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#1224 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:47 pm

soxperry wrote:so... i signed on for two years and part of the incentive was that i would have my price from this season locked in for next season. did anyone else do that and is now seeing a price increase regardless?

just finished paying of this season's payments in december so i haven't gotten anything for next season yet.

That wasn't offered to me at all otherwise I would have likely done it. But to answer, my increase did not occur while in that 2 year agreement.

It's also weird that they're billing the lowest amount possible unless my rep meant highest. If they did highest amount possible and then credited back, makes sense. But instead it's like okay tickets are going up 55% but may go up even more. Just weird. I kinda want to bail but man after sticking through so many **** seasons be disappointing to give them up now. And I think that is where they know they have a person.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1225 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:55 pm

Toodles1980 wrote:
talbert wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
I was told the new rate is the "lowest" amount next year will be until final pricing is determined. Once final determination is made, monthly rate will be adjusted (likely for February). So mine are at least going up minimum 58% per that info, woo boy.

Looking at the email that was sent that's not how I interpreted it.

Your first payment amount will be based on the current season's monthly payment plan.

To me, that means the first payment will be what I paid last year monthly, and then It will be adjusted. I want to know what something costs before I start paying for it. This is the MINIMUM the tickets will go up? Get the **** out of here with that. The Bucks are playing games and right now I'll play along because the team is so good, but IF you know who leaves I think it's going to be hard to sell season tickets the way the Bucks have treated the season ticket holders. Every time I turn around it feels like the bucks are pulling a fast one on me. :wavefinger:

This is why I opted out of the "Green and Growing" or whatever they call the auto-renewal they force on everyone now. I want to know the cost before I commit to paying. The fact that they're charging people before they even know how much they're charging for the whole year is super shady, IMO.

I agree. I dont know if its shady by design or they're not running efficiently/overwhelmed but I do feel like the season ticket experience has become a ****. I mean the email that came out like **** last week ended up being a lie. There was never any indication on the marketplace rule or no longer can buy at season rate. The rollout of the apps were delayed and then didnt work last year. The loyalty program changes every 2 years.

I'm thankful for a good team, I'm glad I get playoff tickets, can exchange/upgrade seats for all games; but man I wish there was more transparency on some of these changes as full season tickets is a large investment both time and money for many of us and some of this does indeed come off very shady.

Maybe I need to make a list and just ask why the changes after the fact.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,902

Post#1226 » by buckboy » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:04 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
soxperry wrote:so... i signed on for two years and part of the incentive was that i would have my price from this season locked in for next season. did anyone else do that and is now seeing a price increase regardless?

I kinda want to bail but man after sticking through so many **** seasons be disappointing to give them up now. And I think that is where they know they have a person.

I don't blame you at all for this reasoning. I bailed this summer and I couldn't be happier for it. Just not worth the trouble for me. I had ~~12 games as part of a STH group, plus as many playoff games as I wanted, but the ticket office is just so much trouble to deal with I said **** it. I've been to 3 games this year in much better seats and will end up going to 10 or 12 including playoffs and spending less money.

That season ticket office can **** off.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1227 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:36 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I agree. I dont know if its shady by design or they're not running efficiently/overwhelmed but I do feel like the season ticket experience has become a ****. I mean the email that came out like **** last week ended up being a lie. There was never any indication on the marketplace rule or no longer can buy at season rate. The rollout of the apps were delayed and then didnt work last year. The loyalty program changes every 2 years.

I'm thankful for a good team, I'm glad I get playoff tickets, can exchange/upgrade seats for all games; but man I wish there was more transparency on some of these changes as full season tickets is a large investment both time and money for many of us and some of this does indeed come off very shady.

Are you sure about that? :D

(I don't think they will pull that benefit but could see prices being significantly marked up compared to last year where it is barely better than market value and, due to STH holders population increase, they can't offer up extra seats. That might be back on the table next year if they lose 20% of STH by jacking up prices)
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1228 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:17 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:I agree. I dont know if its shady by design or they're not running efficiently/overwhelmed but I do feel like the season ticket experience has become a ****. I mean the email that came out like **** last week ended up being a lie. There was never any indication on the marketplace rule or no longer can buy at season rate. The rollout of the apps were delayed and then didnt work last year. The loyalty program changes every 2 years.

Are you sure about that? :D

(I don't think they will pull that benefit but could see prices being significantly marked up compared to last year where it is barely better than market value and, due to STH holders population increase, they can't offer up extra seats. That might be back on the table next year if they lose 20% of STH by jacking up prices)

It will be real interesting what prices are. I'm not super worried about my own seats but I'm guessing 0% i'm going to be able to drop what they're going to ask for additional (if they even offer).
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,276

Post#1229 » by KidA24 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:07 am

buckboy wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

I kinda want to bail but man after sticking through so many **** seasons be disappointing to give them up now. And I think that is where they know they have a person.

I don't blame you at all for this reasoning. I bailed this summer and I couldn't be happier for it. Just not worth the trouble for me. I had ~~12 games as part of a STH group, plus as many playoff games as I wanted, but the ticket office is just so much trouble to deal with I said **** it. I've been to 3 games this year in much better seats and will end up going to 10 or 12 including playoffs and spending less money.

Yep, I'm 99% sure I'm done after this year. I'm a first year SSH, had my seats bait and switched on me without asking me beforehand (went from aisle to middle of the row), and now when I asked about switching seats to move closer within the same price range, got the response of "well, we don't really do that"

What the heck is the point of re upping if I don't like my seat location then?
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
buckboy
RealGM

Post#1230 » by buckboy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:54 am

KidA24 wrote:
buckboy wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:

Yep, I'm 99% sure I'm done after this year. I'm a first year SSH, had my seats bait and switched on me without asking me beforehand (went from aisle to middle of the row), and now when I asked about switching seats to move closer within the same price range, got the response of "well, we don't really do that"

Did the same to us last year. And the group had had season tickets for over 30 years. Never again.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1231 » by Thunder Muscle » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:39 pm

buckboy wrote:
KidA24 wrote:
buckboy wrote:

Did the same to us last year. And the group had had season tickets for over 30 years. Never again.

Wow, really? Like that is the stuff I dont understand and is shady. The organization better hope the team remains a top tier team b/c the casuals will bail pretty fast. And it will be a mass exodus if Giannis goes.
buckboy
RealGM

Post#1232 » by buckboy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:11 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
buckboy wrote:
KidA24 wrote:

Wow, really? Like that is the stuff I dont understand and is shady. The organization better hope the team remains a top tier team b/c the casuals will bail pretty fast. And it will be a mass exodus if Giannis goes.

We went to look at our seats (which were row J section 101 (baseline)) and loved them, said yes, etc. Got a notice several weeks before the season that we were being moved back 8 rows for, I don't know, reasons (never really got a good explanation). Got to the first game and the shotclock was directly between us and the opposite basket. Literally the worst seat in the house. Complained, they said they couldn't move us to 'similar' seats so they moved us around the arena all season. Never sat in the same seat twice. They started buying these seats when Del Harris was the coach. And that's how we were treated. **** them.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#1233 » by DMBucks22 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:36 pm

Soooooo I just got off the phone with my rep and let me tell you. I AM PISSED as much as I thought I would be. I explained to her 1 million times that the email they sent out said we would get charged on a 12 month bases off this years rate. I told her it does not reflect it she then starts explaining that they are charging the MINIMUM (as some of you have said) that the price increase would be. So i am looking at a increase of $7 per ticket, roughly 35%. I told her to immediately stop the automatic payments. She literally was not even listening to me and kept saying "perfect" when i told her I most likely will not renew with this increase (17 year ticket holder) she goes on to explain you guys get the best benefits preferred playoffs tickets etc. I kept telling her...I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT! The email LIED about how they would handle the funds. I even said I will be contacting the BBB cause I am going to. They literally do not care if they lose season ticket holders because all season tickets are sold out so they expect someone else to buy them instead. I am beyond fuming/mad/sad/disappointed in how they are treating us! She even said to me we "want to get money on the books" wow real good thing to say! Not a single apology just Perfect, Perfect, perfect. They are refunding my first payment and i told her I will review my decision when they actually decide prices.
End Rant. (actually not even a rant, pure BS on the Bucks part)!
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#1234 » by LittleRooster » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:26 am

I’m sorry all you season ticket holders are dealing with all that BS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
talbert
Junior
And1: 204

Post#1235 » by talbert » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:33 pm

DMBucks22 wrote:Soooooo I just got off the phone with my rep and let me tell you. I AM PISSED as much as I thought I would be. I explained to her 1 million times that the email they sent out said we would get charged on a 12 month bases off this years rate. I told her it does not reflect it she then starts explaining that they are charging the MINIMUM (as some of you have said) that the price increase would be. So i am looking at a increase of $7 per ticket, roughly 35%. I told her to immediately stop the automatic payments. She literally was not even listening to me and kept saying "perfect" when i told her I most likely will not renew with this increase (17 year ticket holder) she goes on to explain you guys get the best benefits preferred playoffs tickets etc. I kept telling her...I DON'T CARE ABOUT THAT! The email LIED about how they would handle the funds. I even said I will be contacting the BBB cause I am going to. They literally do not care if they lose season ticket holders because all season tickets are sold out so they expect someone else to buy them instead. I am beyond fuming/mad/sad/disappointed in how they are treating us! She even said to me we "want to get money on the books" wow real good thing to say! Not a single apology just Perfect, Perfect, perfect. They are refunding my first payment and i told her I will review my decision when they actually decide prices.
End Rant. (actually not even a rant, pure BS on the Bucks part)!

Yeah, I'm fundamentally pretty pissed myself. The team is playing out of this world right now and I'm able to resell my tickets to the point where the Bucks are paying me to go to games. I know that if I don't pay up someone else will. So for now, I'll play along. The first year I lose money on the tickets, I'll be done. Every time I turn around the Bucks are dicking me around with these tickets and my rep is a real B-I-T-C-H.

Go Bucks, but F*** the ticket office.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#1236 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Who are your reps? Feel free to PM it. Mine just changed.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,736

Post#1237 » by DanoMac » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Mine just changed too
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1238 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:01 pm

"Celebrate Bango's Birthday
You’re invited to Bango’s Birthday Party! Please join Bango on Sunday, February 2 at 10:30am for a pregame birthday celebration at Fiserv Forum. Tickets for this special celebration are just $20 per person!

Kids will enjoy Kohl’s Court activities, including face painting and an antler making station, surprise visits from mascots around the NBA and the state of Wisconsin, photo opportunities with Bango and free ice cream from Cedar Crest. All kids will also receive a special birthday party gift!

You must have a valid ticket to the Bucks vs Suns game on February 2 to attend."

Did they charge for his in the past? Wonder if there is a market for this where families would be willing to pay $80 for a family of 4 for a couple of ice cream and face paint with Bango after you already dropped $200+ on tickets.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,026

Post#1239 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:20 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:"

Did they charge for his in the past?

New World, 40-6 team, who dis?

Heh. In the Kohl days, they'd have Bogut and Redd do the face painting for your kids, while personalizing things as well, all for free.

Of course there were only 47 of us back then. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1240 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:23 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:"

Did they charge for his in the past?

New World, 40-6 team, who dis?

Heh. In the Kohl days, they'd have Bogut and Redd do the face painting for your kids, while personalizing things as well, all for free.

Of course there were only 47 of us back then. 8-)

I Can't let go of the past. It's not even Bango's B-day. It is in October and usually coincided with Halloween games.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks