Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,061

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#141 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:01 pm

DMBucks22 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:It would be news to me and would be a huge benefit if that's the case. I remember last year they were running buy 2 playoff tickets for 30 bucks get the last game free specials to the general public.

Would be weird though where playoff games would be priced cheaper than Marquee regular season single game sales. What was the cheapest ticket for Marquee games? I remember seeing side upper deck for like 170 for some Friday Saturday games.

They seem to be pushing the dynamic pricing in the regular season and would think it would carry over to the playoffs.

I could be off on the NBA setting the price. I do recall those deals as well, so maybe it is team controlled. I wonder if they may offer reasonable 1st round pricing if you renew your seats for next year. It sounds like both playoff and renewal stuff is coming out mid-month (but we'll see).

I felt last year the Golden State game was like $89 face value (upper baseline, near bottom). This year the only price I saw on the digital tickets was the season ticket price. Kind of annoying. I have people alot of good deals on tickets and having that price makes it seems like I'm selling OVER face -- which I was not in many cases.

I left alot of money on the table by pricing my tickets to sell and likely lost a good amount in secondary fees, but I did well this year too. But man, if my seats go up to $25/ticket or higher it is going to be tough to stay on. Where I live it is not easy to sell locally due to it being a drive and don't like to gouge family/friends, so I rely on secondary sites and at that price point the buyer is going to be paying like $40/ticket just for me to get face back. And unless they win big in the playoffs, I think prices may regress a little with the building not being new anymore. You're still not going to get a ton for week night non-marquee matchup games. And as noted, benefits have decreased as a hook.

I just hope with the playoff tickets they don't put in any stupid stipulations like you can't sell or something. Playoffs are essentially the only reason I hang on at this point but I realistically would not be able to attend every game if they were to make it to the finals. That may be an extreme worry, but they did restrict re-sale on Warriors/Lakers if you wanted to buy extras (which I'm not convinced they truly released all of those tickets to us).

Where was any information on restricting resale for warriors/lakers? I sold my warriors tickets and plan on doing the same with the lakers

You could/can sell your season seat; however if you bought extras at the season ticket rate they had a disclaimer you were not able to re-sell those 2 games (and maybe home opener too). I didn't buy any so not sure if there was a way around it.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#142 » by BuckFan25226 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:07 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Renewal prices coming out within next 3 weeks, will be interesting how much they increase with the winning.

I took a gamble on this 2 years ago by signing a 5 year deal on my season tix for the new arena. By doing this, my increase is capped at 1% IIRC, maybe it was 2%. So far it's going according to my plan :P

Assuming Giannis stays, and by some miracle we would win a title, there will be some very lucrative resale prices on certain games. I went to Vegas for NYE this year, threw my Nets tickets up through the Bucks site, made 2 times the face value. I ended up going to the GSW game this year, but almost bailed when I found out I could have made 5x face. Walking out after that loss, I was kicking myself, lol. Hopefully LeBron is healthy in March!
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#143 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:46 pm

BuckFan25226 wrote:
Thunder Muscle wrote:Renewal prices coming out within next 3 weeks, will be interesting how much they increase with the winning.

I took a gamble on this 2 years ago by signing a 5 year deal on my season tix for the new arena. By doing this, my increase is capped at 1% IIRC, maybe it was 2%. So far it's going according to my plan :P

Assuming Giannis stays, and by some miracle we would win a title, there will be some very lucrative resale prices on certain games. I went to Vegas for NYE this year, threw my Nets tickets up through the Bucks site, made 2 times the face value. I ended up going to the GSW game this year, but almost bailed when I found out I could have made 5x face. Walking out after that loss, I was kicking myself, lol. Hopefully LeBron is healthy in March!

I don't think the 5 year plan was available for upper level otherwise I probably would have done that too. Only "contract" was I could lock into a price if signed up for a 2 year BC finale/FF 1st year deal.

Yeah, I paid for over a 1/3 of my plan by selling the 3 marquee games. That is kind of the concession I have to make though. I give up the best games to get value in the package, and then try to go to some of the others. This year with the fluid ticketing I have banked some **** games when they were offering my cost in value and used them for upgrades. I do agree though, if Giannis sticks around and the team is in that 50 win range, the casual fan base will be back in and tickets will be in-demand (especially with less overall capacity than BC).
Black_Dragon
Junior
And1: 234

Post#144 » by Black_Dragon » Mon Jan 7, 2019 3:57 pm

Can we bring back the T-shirt parachutes please? I'm usually pretty relaxed at games and hate how they throw out a million XL shirts a game. But damnit its war when those parachutes are falling.

Also how in the world do the Bucks not have a sponsor for a free sandwhich if an opponent misses 2 free throws in the 4th quarter?
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#145 » by DMBucks22 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 5:06 pm

I don't know about all of you but I have season tickets in the upper level. And except for a select few (maybe 3) i have been able to resell my tix for more than face value for my price. Example tonight I was able to sell above my season ticket price. Granted I only made $10 extra dollars but still came out ahead. Keeping in mind stubhub took a cut from that so they are selling for even more than face value!
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,028

Post#146 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jan 7, 2019 5:39 pm

DMBucks22 wrote:I don't know about all of you but I have season tickets in the upper level. And except for a select few (maybe 3) i have been able to resell my tix for more than face value for my price. Example tonight I was able to sell above my season ticket price. Granted I only made $10 extra dollars but still came out ahead. Keeping in mind stubhub took a cut from that so they are selling for even more than face value!

Early on I had trouble. Especially the preseason games, which you pay full price for. We should be able to sell above face as this is best case scenario. *knock on wood* but if Giannis pulls a hammy and we lose a few in a row, we are stuck with tickets below face again. I'm happy with my ticket pricing now, but waiting for the hypothetical raise in prices based on faulty "they sell at this price this year, they will still be hot next year so we should raise prices" logic.

I'm a Bucks fan. Things have been going too good so need something to be paranoid about, I guess.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#147 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 7, 2019 6:39 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
DMBucks22 wrote:I don't know about all of you but I have season tickets in the upper level. And except for a select few (maybe 3) i have been able to resell my tix for more than face value for my price. Example tonight I was able to sell above my season ticket price. Granted I only made $10 extra dollars but still came out ahead. Keeping in mind stubhub took a cut from that so they are selling for even more than face value!

Early on I had trouble. Especially the preseason games, which you pay full price for. We should be able to sell above face as this is best case scenario. *knock on wood* but if Giannis pulls a hammy and we lose a few in a row, we are stuck with tickets below face again. I'm happy with my ticket pricing now, but waiting for the hypothetical raise in prices based on faulty "they sell at this price this year, they will still be hot next year so we should raise prices" logic.

I'm a Bucks fan. Things have been going too good so need something to be paranoid about, I guess.

I agree, I'm perfectly fine with the current pricing. I met or exceeded my cost in probably 3/4 of the tickets, the remaining 1/4 I utilized their fluid ticketing or sold for a small loss. I also had some issue with the early games. My problem is also if they do the short sighted "hey we're good" 25% ticket price raise. Suddenly now I'm struggling to sell all of my week night games for my cost. I don't feel the secondary market will rise with ticket price increases.

I will say that what we do have in our favor is it does look like the team will remain competitive as long as Giannis is here and healthy. The building is much more inviting than the BC and the entertainment district will continue to grow to maybe make it more than just a game. The building itself creates a little more demand b/c it is smaller than the BC and if they start winning 50 games, they will be the "cool" thing in town in the winter.

Maybe getting worked up about nothing. I'm likely staying on board at least through Giannis' contract regardless barring something drastic.
Eazy E
Senior
And1: 178

Post#148 » by Eazy E » Mon Jan 7, 2019 7:04 pm

Finally making my way up to a game tonight. What concession stand do I need to try?
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#149 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 7, 2019 7:13 pm

Eazy E wrote:Finally making my way up to a game tonight. What concession stand do I need to try?

I would not recommend the Sobelman burger. The one I had was a hockey puck and the bun was dry on top of it. I'm usually not super hard to impress so it was very disappointing. My buddy had the fried chicken dinner and said it was good. Chic-fil-a looked good but the line was way too long.
DMBucks22
Veteran
And1: 81

Post#150 » by DMBucks22 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 7:26 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:
Eazy E wrote:Finally making my way up to a game tonight. What concession stand do I need to try?

I would not recommend the Sobelman burger. The one I had was a hockey puck and the bun was dry on top of it. I'm usually not super hard to impress so it was very disappointing. My buddy had the fried chicken dinner and said it was good. Chic-fil-a looked good but the line was way too long.

These are in the upper level but the loaded nachos and loaded mac and cheese was really good.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,241

Post#151 » by dbrodz7 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 7:27 pm

I agree that the burger is super average. My wife had the Gold Rush basket yesterday she likes the chicken and the slaw, but the fries were terrible. I had the brisket sandwich from the BBQ place which was good and I've had the pizza which was good.
Misery loves company
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,427

Post#152 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 7, 2019 7:55 pm

I hated how dry the Sobelman burgers were. I get that you can't make them fresh for each order but they taste like they were cooked hours before.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#153 » by crkone » Mon Jan 7, 2019 8:08 pm

There are plenty of decent options around the arena too. Glass + Griddle was good the 2 times I've been there.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#154 » by Thunder Muscle » Mon Jan 7, 2019 8:17 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I hated how dry the Sobelman burgers were. I get that you can't make them fresh for each order but they taste like they were cooked hours before.

Well apparently it wasn't just me then. I'll have to go around and look again, but I kind of miss the Usingers stand (specifically the Milwaukee dog) and a good like sandwich stand. I really enjoyed the Wisconsin Cheesesteak kiosk at the BC before it became a gyro stand, but the Jake's stand always looked good at the BC and I don't recall seeing that there either. But I've only been in it once when actual food was being served.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,028

Post#155 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jan 7, 2019 8:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I hated how dry the Sobelman burgers were. I get that you can't make them fresh for each order but they taste like they were cooked hours before.

This is where the burger button comes in. If I'm paying $20 for burgers and fries, is it unreasonable to have them bring it out off the grill?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,057

Post#156 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 10:39 pm

Glad others are weighing in on this important topic. I had them last year when they were at the BC. Was awful.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,427

Post#157 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 7, 2019 10:53 pm

crkone wrote:There are plenty of decent options around the arena too. Glass + Griddle was good the 2 times I've been there.

Absolutely. I don't always have time however. Sometimes I go from work to the game and I have to grab something at the arena. I'm still trying things out, there are some good options (yes expensive), as said above Golden Chicken was pretty good IMO.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,775

Post#158 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Jan 7, 2019 10:56 pm

You'd think they could invent some kind of pressure cooker grill thingy that makes a piping hot grilled burger in like like a minute.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#159 » by buckboy » Mon Jan 7, 2019 11:39 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Glad others are weighing in on this important topic. I had them last year when they were at the BC. Was awful.

Yeah, they're like every Sobelman burger. Awful.

My 14 year old went with me and she threw half of it out. That's when I know it sucks. She eats like a raccoon.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#160 » by CountMe3Outs » Tue Jan 8, 2019 12:46 am

For a good Fiserv Forum concession value, I recommend the "Jalapeno Mac" from the Mac Shack in the Southside Market ( 6 dollars).

A bowl of hearty macaroni is garnished with tortilla chips, and topped with ground beef, peppers and sour cream.
A refreshing value alternative to the typical burgers, brats, chicken and pizza.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks