ImageImage

Fiserv Forum Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

bigredbadger
Sophomore
Posts: 153
And1: 31
Joined: Jan 28, 2008

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1501 » by bigredbadger » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:08 pm

i didnt re-up for tickets next year, so i am ok with a ticket credit. the problem is that a ticket that cost $100 this year will cost $140 next year. if my ticket credit is a dollar amount then i am getting screwed.
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 14,789
And1: 2,966
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1502 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:28 pm

bigredbadger wrote:i didnt re-up for tickets next year, so i am ok with a ticket credit. the problem is that a ticket that cost $100 this year will cost $140 next year (with a market value of $40). if my ticket credit is a dollar amount then i am getting screwed.

Fixed it for you.

Even if games are going to start on time, there will be big groups of fans lost:
1. Those too scared to go to crowded arenas
2. People who can't afford it
3. People who stopped following sports and actually enjoyed the time not wasted on meaningless games

The demand will be super low no matter what
User avatar
THE DINJ
Starter
Posts: 2,001
And1: 118
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
Location: Madison, WI
   

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1503 » by THE DINJ » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:53 pm

Players are still getting their full salaries, arena employees getting a bailout, and us idiot season ticketholders are going to be left holding the bag.
gyp
Sophomore
Posts: 130
And1: 42
Joined: Nov 06, 2010

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1504 » by gyp » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:52 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:3. People who stopped following sports and actually enjoyed the time not wasted on meaningless games


That’s gonna be me. Time and money. I was already almost there anyway. I don’t remember being super stoked to go to that last home game against Indiana on March 4th. If ‘19-‘20 is completely washed out I’ll have zero desire to go to most ‘20-‘21 regular season games even if I got in free.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,993
And1: 795
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1505 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:27 pm

I did not sign up for next year and do not want a credit. I would think they will offer that as an option but will also offer refunds.

In hindsight I'm happy with their 90% increase as it was easy to leave vs likely being locked for 20-21 prior to COVID pandemic.
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 14,789
And1: 2,966
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1506 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:55 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:I did not sign up for next year and do not want a credit. I would think they will offer that as an option but will also offer refunds.

In hindsight I'm happy with their 90% increase as it was easy to leave vs likely being locked for 20-21 prior to COVID pandemic.

Yeah, I think they may default to credit and hope people are too lazy to opt out.

I'm actually not as annoyed by this as some of the BS they pulled this year. This was out of their control and there are many parties all asking for money back and someone has to hold the bag; add in the uncertainty of everything....their delayed response is reasonable. People in their departments will lose jobs. The whole situation sucks.

The tickets, by definition, were part of my disposable income. Yeah, its disposable income I wont get full value for but it is hard to complain about wasted entertainment money when other people have it worse.
ejn1214
Sophomore
Posts: 199
And1: 144
Joined: Mar 14, 2013

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1507 » by ejn1214 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:14 am

My wife is the one who interacts with the team rep. We had a 10 game pack this year. Our team rep said we paid a $200 deposit in February for next year (she can't remember talking to him about but says it's possible ) that must have been confirmed over the phone since we can't find any email confirmation or receipt. I also think that is super sketchy and a normal practice for them, because they didn't send us anything when we originally bought the 10 pack the first time and everything was over the phone. They are offering a credit on that $200 but we are gonna try to fight for a refund (not hopeful on that). I think we missed 3 regular season games and 8 playoff tickets because of covid. I'm not a huge fan of 1k plus in credit if that's what this comes to. We both have our jobs and this is disposable income as well, but I feel bad for anyone that could really use the money they are holding on to. I can't see how anyone wants season tickets or 10/20 packs next year when their is a huge risk resale will be near or below season ticket prices. I guess that's why they are trying to collect those payments and hope people don't notice/don't cancel.I think it's a big mistake to take a crap on the core/loyal fans banking on their popularity and bandwagon fans. When the Bucks eventually suck again and that could be soon if Giannis bolts, they are gonna be hurting even worse.
soxperry
Rookie
Posts: 1,173
And1: 633
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1508 » by soxperry » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:36 pm

ejn1214 wrote:My wife is the one who interacts with the team rep. We had a 10 game pack this year. Our team rep said we paid a $200 deposit in February for next year (she can't remember talking to him about but says it's possible ) [b]that must have been confirmed over the phone since we can't find any email confirmation or receipt.[/b] I also think that is super sketchy and a normal practice for them, because they didn't send us anything when we originally bought the 10 pack the first time and everything was over the phone. They are offering a credit on that $200 but we are gonna try to fight for a refund (not hopeful on that). I think we missed 3 regular season games and 8 playoff tickets because of covid. I'm not a huge fan of 1k plus in credit if that's what this comes to. We both have our jobs and this is disposable income as well, but I feel bad for anyone that could really use the money they are holding on to. I can't see how anyone wants season tickets or 10/20 packs next year when their is a huge risk resale will be near or below season ticket prices. I guess that's why they are trying to collect those payments and hope people don't notice/don't cancel.I think it's a big mistake to take a crap on the core/loyal fans banking on their popularity and bandwagon fans. When the Bucks eventually suck again and that could be soon if Giannis bolts, they are gonna be hurting even worse.


That's fascinating..

I signed up for a two year, cost controlled plan before playoffs last year. When it came time to renew for next year they claimed there was no physical contract and that any phone or email convos I had were not good enough (I have an email exchange where i was thinking about it and then said, "Screw it, let's do the 2 year plan. I'll call you this afternoon.") But because the rep forgot to send me the contract for the two year I was subject to the general increase in ticket prices like everyone else.

I get that some people have it worse than losing disposable income on entertainment but for me it's the principle. It's not their fault that Covid happened but it's certainly not my fault either. We had an agreement that I would give them money for a certain thing and that thing no longer exists. Therefore our agreement no longer exists. That really sucks for them but that's the risk of doing business. They aren't entitled to my money because the plan was for them to have it. **** them and **** that.

I'm not going to wait around and give them the benefit of the doubt. Come Monday it's time to get proactive about this and I encourage ya'll to do the same. Let em know if they are thinking of issuing credits for unused tickets that's a non-starter with us.
User avatar
THE DINJ
Starter
Posts: 2,001
And1: 118
Joined: Jun 25, 2006
Location: Madison, WI
   

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1509 » by THE DINJ » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:18 pm

ejn1214 wrote:I think it's a big mistake to take a crap on the core/loyal fans banking on their popularity and bandwagon fans. When the Bucks eventually suck again and that could be soon if Giannis bolts, they are gonna be hurting even worse.


This is the biggest point to me. I was a longtime loyal season ticketholder. They'd been somewhat greedy the past couple years (with ticket price increases and massive slashes to benefits), but this year our ticket prices skyrocketed beyond what we ever get on StubHub for the games we have to miss. So, we're done. Can't justify it. We'll buy fewer tickets off the secondary market and feast off of the people who did pick up for next season and belatedly realize they need to dump games for a loss.

Eventually the Bucks will suck again and the richer but more fickle fans disappear, and they'll try to come crawling back. But I won't forget how they treated us when times were good.
midranger
RealGM
Posts: 34,230
And1: 5,512
Joined: May 12, 2002

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1510 » by midranger » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:11 am

Any word on single game ticket refunds?
ejn1214
Sophomore
Posts: 199
And1: 144
Joined: Mar 14, 2013

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1511 » by ejn1214 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 2:29 am

midranger wrote:Any word on single game ticket refunds?

Last I heard they are waiting on the NBA to cancel the unplayed games. I think they have all the money tied up in SPY puts.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,993
And1: 795
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1512 » by Thunder Muscle » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:23 pm

THE DINJ wrote:
ejn1214 wrote:I think it's a big mistake to take a crap on the core/loyal fans banking on their popularity and bandwagon fans. When the Bucks eventually suck again and that could be soon if Giannis bolts, they are gonna be hurting even worse.


This is the biggest point to me. I was a longtime loyal season ticketholder. They'd been somewhat greedy the past couple years (with ticket price increases and massive slashes to benefits), but this year our ticket prices skyrocketed beyond what we ever get on StubHub for the games we have to miss. So, we're done. Can't justify it. We'll buy fewer tickets off the secondary market and feast off of the people who did pick up for next season and belatedly realize they need to dump games for a loss.

Eventually the Bucks will suck again and the richer but more fickle fans disappear, and they'll try to come crawling back. But I won't forget how they treated us when times were good.


Agreed.
tbirdblue
Ballboy
Posts: 35
And1: 4
Joined: Mar 06, 2013

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1513 » by tbirdblue » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:35 am

Has anyone emailed their reps for single game refunds or anything else that might be of interest to tickets holders? It has been pretty much radio silence the bucks
ejn1214
Sophomore
Posts: 199
And1: 144
Joined: Mar 14, 2013

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1514 » by ejn1214 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:38 am

tbirdblue wrote:Has anyone emailed their reps for single game refunds or anything else that might be of interest to tickets holders? It has been pretty much radio silence the bucks

Yes. They refuse to do anything until the NBA decides what it is doing.
User avatar
0BobLobLaw0
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,990
And1: 1,267
Joined: Aug 09, 2005
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1515 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:28 pm

Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 66,300
And1: 19,296
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1516 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:02 pm


Yeah eventually. But in order to get your money back the game either has to be canceled or rescheduled. Bucks games are neither right now. Once canceled you get your money back. Once rescheduled you have the option of a refund or to use the tickets on the new date. In the Bucks case there will be no new dates for the current season (that fans can attend) so you'll get your money back as whenever the Bucks/NBA officially cancel games.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ejn1214
Sophomore
Posts: 199
And1: 144
Joined: Mar 14, 2013

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1517 » by ejn1214 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:47 am

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/mlb/brewers/2020/04/29/brewers-give-ticket-buyers-options-postponed-games-through-april/3053163001/

Well the Brewers beat the Bucks to doing the right thing.

Edit:I guess only some people are getting a refund option? A season ticket holder told me they only get credit and 10% off or something.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,993
And1: 795
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1518 » by Thunder Muscle » Fri May 1, 2020 3:37 pm

ejn1214 wrote:
tbirdblue wrote:Has anyone emailed their reps for single game refunds or anything else that might be of interest to tickets holders? It has been pretty much radio silence the bucks

Yes. They refuse to do anything until the NBA decides what it is doing.


Yeah I havent heard anything except a few renewal extension for next year updates. Guessing they're holding until something official happens.
BradMKE
Junior
Posts: 459
And1: 377
Joined: Jun 04, 2014
     

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1519 » by BradMKE » Wed May 6, 2020 3:37 pm

Email just received with options for postponed games. Full refund or credit towards next season + bonus 10% ticket or arena credit.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
Posts: 13,993
And1: 795
Joined: Feb 18, 2005
Location: WI
       

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#1520 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed May 6, 2020 3:55 pm

BradMKE wrote:Email just received with options for postponed games. Full refund or credit towards next season + bonus 10% ticket or arena credit.


In addition, if you sold or swapped any games you will get another email. Curious why the need for a separate email on that.

I requested the refund, we shall see what happens. I assume StubHub will be charging back pretty soon too.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks