Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#461 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:21 pm

I can't stand the pre and ingame hosts. Terribly annoying. My apologies if any of you know one of them or are one of them.

The Gruber shirts after every 3 pointer is tiresome too. As are the idiots fighting over them.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#462 » by glenn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:33 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
soxperry wrote:Ticket rep that I talked to said that he doesn't anticipate that there will be any playoff tickets made available to the general public. I'm assuming he was not referring to standing room only, though.

That would be pretty messed up for a 17,500 arena and 10K season ticket holders.

I can't believe that's true

Season ticket holders were allowed to buy extra. I'm biased cause I have season tickets, but I think that is fair. They didn't milk holders on the season tickets and they can now say, well get a group of guys to split season tickets next year.

Counterpoint: not really.
:reporter:
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#463 » by skones » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Bunch o scrooges around here. Tshirts? Bah. Announcers? BAH Speakers too loud? BAH.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#464 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:37 pm

skones wrote:Bunch o scrooges around here. Tshirts? Bah. Announcers? BAH Speakers too loud? BAH.

People: The Bradley Center sound is awful. I can't hear or understand anything.

People now: IT'S TOO LOUD. TURN DOWN YOUR BOOMBOX.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#465 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 pm

My first impression of the arena is that the intentions are so much bigger than basketball. With so much to see I'm not surprised that a large portion of the crowd may have their attention elsewhere, at least in the arena's infancy.

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Corporate ticket comps and casual fans are part of the game of becoming popular. But, that's why it seems quiet on tv. Some people get to their seats in the 2Q, take a long half time and come back in the 4th. They aren't there for the game and the crowd noise reflects that.

To this point, another thing I noticed is the overall unfriendliness of the crowd. Like you said I think there's a lot of casual and corporate fans who are there for the scene. They've shelled out good money so they want an exceptional consumer experience. People were getting restless at food/beer lines and also more visibly annoyed at their seats during things like tshirt tosses. I don't remember it feeling that hostile at the BC. It also could have just been my area.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,136

Post#466 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:46 pm

The Black Keys

October 4th

:D
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,298

Post#467 » by Wooderson » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:59 pm

skones wrote:Bunch o scrooges around here. Tshirts? Bah. Announcers? BAH Speakers too loud? BAH.

Hearing the PA yell "Who wants a T-Shirt from Gruber Law Offices!?" 10-15 times a game while action is going on is pretty annoying.
skones
RealGM

Post#468 » by skones » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 pm

Wooderson wrote:

Hearing the PA yell "Who wants a T-Shirt from Gruber Law Offices!?" 10-15 times a game while action is going on is pretty annoying.

If you don't want advertising noise, don't go to a game I guess? Do you really expect to be in attendance and NOT have advertising be a pretty big part of the experience? I don't get complaining about something that's really not novel or unique conceptually. If anything, them having to yell it 10-15 times a game means we're hitting **** shots.
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#469 » by EastSideBucksFan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:20 pm

skones wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

If you don't want advertising noise, don't go to a game I guess? Do you really expect to be in attendance and NOT have advertising be a pretty big part of the experience? I don't get complaining about something that's really not novel or unique conceptually. If anything, them having to yell it 10-15 times a game means we're hitting **** shots.

I think the fact that enough people (season ticket holders) complained to the league office enough they told the Bucks to dial it back a notch really says something about how more than just a few people feel about the over the topness of the in game entertainment.

Every second of silence does not need to be filled with someone screaming into a microphone just because it's there.

Glad to see things are being tweaked a bit because like I noted earlier, I think it's actually counterproductive to people cheering during game play, which, should be the goal all along to create a better home court advantage.
Wooderson
RealGM

Post#470 » by Wooderson » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:25 pm

skones wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

When you drop $100+ on a ticket do we really need to be bombarded with ads? I'd rather pay an extra $5 per ticket than deal with ads mid game.
skones
RealGM

Post#471 » by skones » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:34 pm

Wooderson wrote:
skones wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

When you drop $100+ on a ticket do we really need to be bombarded with ads? I'd rather pay an extra $5 per ticket than deal with ads mid game.

Yes, and it doesn't work that way.
Wooderson
RealGM

Post#472 » by Wooderson » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:57 pm

skones wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

Of course it doesn't work that way as they're going to maximize return on ticket prices. I don't expect the arena experience to be devoid of ads, but during game action keep the focus on the actual on court product. No other major sport advertises like that during the game and given how many timeouts there are in the NBA I'd expect them to be able to fit ads in that window.
skones
RealGM

Post#473 » by skones » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:59 pm

Wooderson wrote:
skones wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

Of course it doesn't work that way as they're going to maximize return on ticket prices. I don't expect the arena experience to be devoid of ads, but during game action keep the focus on the actual on court product. No other major sport advertises like that during the game and given how many timeouts there are in the NBA I'd expect them to be able to fit ads in that window.

So they're going to maximize and then simultaneously stick to specific windows? Doesn't sound like maximizing anything.

"Keeping the focus on the actual on court product" is a short-sighted strategy because it offers nothing to the observer when the team is, ya know, mired in mediocrity for 20 years. Advertising doesn't suddenly get scaled back when the oncourt product is top notch, it scales up because there's greater opportunity.
Wooderson
RealGM

Post#474 » by Wooderson » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:17 pm

skones wrote:So they're going to maximize and then simultaneously stick to specific windows? Doesn't sound like maximizing anything.

"Keeping the focus on the actual on court product" is a short-sighted strategy because it offers nothing to the observer when the team is, ya know, mired in mediocrity for 20 years. Advertising doesn't suddenly get scaled back when the oncourt product is top notch, it scales up because there's greater opportunity.

If they want to water down the experience that's their prerogative. Do any other NBA arena's do that, genuinely curious. I can't remember hearing any ads for other teams as the Bucks are doing, but maybe I just haven't noticed it because it's not top of mind like it is for the Grubeshow. They did a smart thing with the giveaways because Joe Schmoe goes bonkers for a small chance at a $10 shirt, I can't image they'd be blasting ads without a giveaway or some benefit to the fans at the same time.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#475 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:20 pm

skones wrote:
Wooderson wrote:

There are different ways of doing it though. When we hit a three and the crowd is already excited, you don't need to come running out with literally 50 people throwing tshirts and blocking views/distracting from the game. You could do the same thing but coming back from a time-out...."We hit a 3 in last session....That means GRUBER SHIRTS" Same add time but less distracting.

I don't even think it's them being too loud, it's just the variance between the silence and noise that makes it worse. It might be the way the speakers are projected or the stadium design, but it is off-putting at-times. I'm excited for a playoff game when the whole fourth is loud, but it is more consistent natural crowd noise instead of sudden burst of screaming or 10 second music blasts.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#476 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:28 pm

How are you guys complaining about this? Eric Jensen going "Who wants a t-shirt from Gruber Law Offices?" after a made 3 is the funniest damn thing I've ever seen at a sporting event and I've seen a fat guy sit on hot dogs that he stashed in his back pockets and then eat them.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#477 » by JEIS » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:30 pm

I have more of a problem with the amount of people getting up during the game to get stuff to eat, drink look at the stadium, go up to the viewing areas, potty breaks, during play. I picked an isle seat so I didn't have to be squished between two people... Some games I legit have to get up 18 to 20 times... It is annoying as f#*!. Buy your sh!# before the game.. eat it at your seat. Pi$$ and s#%! before the game or at halftime.

Sit down and watch the game. I am guessing because it is a new arena, it may be worse this year than others with people wanting to check it out, but come on people.

I know the entertainment is geared towards kids and extroverted people... So I can't hate on them for trying to make it an over the top experience, I just want to comfortably watch the game without having to get up every 5 minutes... Or beer button guy in the way fumbling with his s#it walking up and down the rows.

I guess since we can't complain about the play of the team anymore, this is the level we have to stoop to.
Wooderson
RealGM

Post#478 » by Wooderson » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 pm

trwi7 wrote:How are you guys complaining about this? Eric Jensen going "Who wants a t-shirt from Gruber Law Offices?" after a made 3 is the funniest damn thing I've ever seen at a sporting event and I've seen a fat guy sit on hot dogs that he stashed in his back pockets and then eat them.

Jeez twirl, no need to disrespect my kink like that.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#479 » by trwi7 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 pm

JEIS wrote:I have more of a problem with the amount of people getting up during the game to get stuff to eat, drink look at the stadium, go up to the viewing areas, potty breaks, during play.

This is by far the worst thing about games. They don't just annoy the people in their row either, they get basically everyone behind them blocking some portion of the court. If you're going to get up in the middle of the game, **** move your ass out as fast as you can and the ushers should be on this more. I don't think I was able to go more than two minutes without someone getting up for some reason or another.

FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,114

Post#480 » by FrieAaron » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:07 pm

trwi7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:I have more of a problem with the amount of people getting up during the game to get stuff to eat, drink look at the stadium, go up to the viewing areas, potty breaks, during play.

This is by far the worst thing about games. They don't just annoy the people in their row either, they get basically everyone behind them blocking some portion of the court. If you're going to get up in the middle of the game, **** move your ass out as fast as you can and the ushers should be on this more. I don't think I was able to go more than two minutes without someone getting up for some reason or another.

I'd have to go with hearing casual fans make statements like "Lopez is the worst player on this team" every game.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks