Fiserv Forum Thread - Full (Almost) Capacity Now

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,902

Re: Fiserv Forum Thread 

Post#61 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:If we got NHL I could see myself becoming a hockey fan. More exciting than baseball but I've never had a horse in the race.

NHL games are great. I've been to several. They won't be expanding any time soon so it would have to be an existing team. 32 teams are enough anyway. I'm sure the Blackhawks would squack about it as they did when the Pettit's were looking at bringing a team here.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,490

Post#62 » by JayMKE » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:07 pm

There is a legitimate chance of NHL teams relocating, I think the Coyotes lease runs out at the end of their season(Westgate was just a tremendous boondoggle, Cardinals play literally in the middle of farm fields way out in the West Valley which is already half a nope from me. Glendale gave up a bunch of city jobs to keep Coyotes out there.) Apparently Quebec City and Houston are two other cities looking for NHL franchises. I just know about the Coyotes troubles because I live out here but I'm pretty sure most of the southern NHL teams don't do so well like Carolina & Florida. Milwaukee with the new building, an established hockey culture in the state(big difference from these southern states), and obscenely rich potential owners. Maybe Craig Leipold would make the jump again too? If there ever was a time that Milwaukee could attract an NHL team, it would be now.

Like the Coyotes are worth like $290M apparently, at that price it's starting to be a bargain I think considering what an MLS stadium would cost + the other fees. Maybe I just want an NHL team way more, I'm not even a hockey fan but I probably would have given it a shot if I didn't have to root for Minnesota or Chicago or total bandwagon. The question is really how far can you stretch the entertainment dollar in a poor city like Milwaukee, if Fiserv could handle another full time tenet, and if Chicago/Minnesota allow it to happen. I think it would be smart for all the teams since it would bring those cross over regional rivalries and gain more fans or traveling fans at all 3 venues. Think an NHL team probably could penetrate and draw further into the state market than maybe the Bucks can especially up north which is a good way to get foot in the door too. Like I said, I can't ever root for a Minnesota or Chicago team.

Really interested in Lasry expanding on the comment obviously
FREE GIANNIS
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#63 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:11 pm

Read on Twitter
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#64 » by JayMKE » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:19 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Marquette BB out of Fiserv opens up a bunch of dates that run concurrently with the NHL season :reporter:

idea is dropped now apparently, interesting they'd even look tho
FREE GIANNIS
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#65 » by trwi7 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:20 pm

0BobLobLaw0 wrote:Per 94.5..Marc Lasry was at a breakfast downtown and announced that the Bucks ownership group is looking to bring in another professional team to Milwaukee.

NHL? Doubt it.
MLS? Are they building/funding the stadium? If so, I could see that.

Coyotes are for sale. Jesus Christ, if you buy them and move them here I will never criticize your ownership again.

Edit: Lame. **** off, you **** owner.

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#66 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:39 pm

Milwaukee Doe (or is it Does?)
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#67 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:44 pm

Crap
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,099

Post#68 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Crap x2
BradMKE
Senior
And1: 553

Post#69 » by BradMKE » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Heard he’s starting “Lasry’s Ladies” and they’ll compete in the Brew City Bruisers roller derby league...
JayMKE
RealGM

Post#70 » by JayMKE » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:51 pm

Ugh, got us all excited thinking it was major professional sports team.

The WNBA gets a ton of hate but it actually can be fun when you see it live tho, it has a very distinct culture of it's own. I been to a ton of Phoenix Mercury games and they've always been fun, they draw pretty well here but having Diana Taurasi & Brittney Griner is about as good as it gets in terms on WNBA stars. I know it's a subsidized league unfortunately but it's kind of sad that WNBA players get essentially a middle class salaries but hey they are playing a child's game so beats the hell out of whatever other mundane job they could be working. Most WNBA players play overseas during the offseason and make way more money. I've seen an ASG and Finals, now let me experience this with the Bucks ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

Milwaukee Does it is
FREE GIANNIS
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#71 » by Turd Ferguson » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Hey gentlemen.

I know there may be another thread more specific to this...

I've been outside the USA for the past 12 months, and for the first time this year, I'll be back in Milwaukee with my family.

Really want to do something special for my dad, who has missed me quite a bit since I've been gone.

I'm looking for deals on Courtside or lower level seats.

No idea what that range is, but if it's under $500 for a pair of tickets, I'll probably make that happen.

Let me know what website or private brokers you guys might know of and I'll lock in tickets for the November 27th home game versus the Knicks.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using RealGM mobile app
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#72 » by crkone » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:00 pm

Turd Ferguson wrote:Hey gentlemen.

I've been outside the USA for the past 12 months, and for the first time this year, I'll be back in Milwaukee with my family.

Really want to do something special for my dad, who has missed me quite a bit since I've been gone.

No idea what that range is, but if it's under $500 for a pair of tickets, I'll probably make that happen.

Let me know what website or private brokers you guys might know of and I'll lock in tickets for the November 27th home game versus the Knicks.

https://seatgeek.com/knicks-at-bucks-tickets/12-27-2018-milwaukee-wisconsin-fiserv-forum/nba/4487570

https://www.stubhub.com/milwaukee-bucks-tickets-milwaukee-bucks-milwaukee-fiserv-forum-12-27-2018/event/103773910/?sort=price+asc&priceWithFees=true

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/milwaukee-bucks-vs-new-york-knicks/event/07005515BA9A523B

Last one doesn't have fees added to the price.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#73 » by trwi7 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:04 pm

JayMKE wrote:The WNBA gets a ton of hate but it actually can be fun when you see it live tho, it has a very distinct culture of it's own.

A culture where every jump shot looks like it was shot by Giannis.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#74 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:52 pm

Turd Ferguson wrote:Hey gentlemen.

Crkone gave you the right links. Actual courtside are very high but you can get great lower level seats for under $500 for a pair. Of course weeknight games are cheaper and the quality of opponent matters too. But you'll be fine. HAVE FUN WITH YOUR DAD!
gyp
Sophomore
And1: 46

Post#75 » by gyp » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:55 am

Stingl: If kids play the anthem at a Bucks game, should dad and mom pay $66 each to get in?

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/columnists/jim-stingl/2018/12/14/dad-has-sticker-shock-tickets-see-kids-play-anthem-bucks/2301309002/

Another worthless column from Stingl. Not sure what this guy is pissing and moaning about. Nobody's making him sit in the $66 seats. Buy the $20 ones in the 200 level.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#76 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:59 am

Ridiculous. The four of them sit in the lower bowl for $33 Each, his kids get to sing in front of thousands and he whines about it.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#77 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:24 am

People love being angry about things
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
Black_Dragon
Junior
And1: 234

Post#78 » by Black_Dragon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:32 pm

LOL. This guy is "that guy"
Black_Dragon
Junior
And1: 234

Post#79 » by Black_Dragon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:35 pm

Does anyone know when Good City and Punch Bowl Social plan on opening?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#80 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:49 pm

Black_Dragon wrote:Does anyone know when Good City and Punch Bowl Social plan on opening?

Recent Biz Journal article said mid January for Good City. I believe Punch Bowl is sometime in the spring

Return to Milwaukee Bucks