Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News Thread 

Post#1641 » by skones » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:11 pm

msiris wrote:
jmart762 wrote:
msiris wrote:Plus he already rejected an extension.

That doesn't have any bearing on this. He wasn't gonna take a sub-20 mil extension and lock in next season at $13 mil to boot. There were restrictions on how high we could raise his salary if he took an extension. He was always gonna opt out.
I thought that they offered 15. They could gone higher tan that right?

I believe it's something like 120% or 130% of your previous salary, thus Middleton would have been started at less than 17. Either way, it's a no-brainer for him to reject.

IF there is a player who's not enamored with his situation, could it be Middleton? Sure, but rejecting the extension shouldn't be used as evidence of such.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#1642 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:13 pm

raferfenix wrote:I think Gery talked to Ernie Grunfeld yesterday.

Ernie told him the Raptors are chasing Beal.

Ernie also told him the Bucks are offering up Middleton and that he shouldn't be surprised if Middleton is dealt somewhere.

Grunfeld made a trade with the Bucks a matter of weeks ago.

Seems plausible that during those talks there was also an exploration of a bigger deal with Beal or Porter and Middleton heading Washington's way. And if Ernie went so far as to talk to Middleton's agent, he might have heard that Khris wants out and would welcome a deal.

woah.. pluasible scenario here. even if its not dead on accurate it seems like there could be something along these lines out there
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1643 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:23 pm

there is a lot to be gained by teams starting **** out there about us...… hearing a little thing and trying to blow it up to slow our roll. it will be interesting if this catches legs what our front office reaction will be
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,678

Post#1644 » by msiris » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:36 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
msiris wrote:
BigO wrote:

Exactly. Nothing Woeful says is believable. The only question is why would any rationale person believe him.
Why would a person make up such a bold face lie?

Well the quotes above explained it. He is claiming to have heard through the grapevine, not direct. Guy's agent is putting feelers, talking to other agents, front office people, etc.
Than I really do not care. Deal with it in the off season and go Bucks.
Ride the tank
slos
Starter
And1: 1,191

Post#1645 » by slos » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:40 pm

skones wrote:
msiris wrote:
jmart762 wrote:
That doesn't have any bearing on this. He wasn't gonna take a sub-20 mil extension and lock in next season at $13 mil to boot. There were restrictions on how high we could raise his salary if he took an extension. He was always gonna opt out.
I thought that they offered 15. They could gone higher tan that right?

I believe it's something like 120% or 130% of your previous salary, thus Middleton would have been started at less than 17. Either way, it's a no-brainer for him to reject.

IF there is a player who's not enamored with his situation, could it be Middleton? Sure, but rejecting the extension shouldn't be used as evidence of such.

The same offer120% was made to Harris by the Clippers. It was 4/80 and of course he rejected it. That didn't panic the Clippers, why should it panic the Bucks? Though I don't recall Milwaukee even making the offer to Middleton.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#1646 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:46 pm

we need 2019 offseason thread where the first post outlines our cap situation and has links to the top 10 free agents at every position.

we got a 2019 draft thread we need a specific 2019 free agent thread too imo.

I keep wheeling options around and I still don't have a firm handle on the space we'd have if we renounced bledssoe or middleton or if either of them walked and what our options would be.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#1647 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:58 pm

Middleton has been playing more like a guy who wants to be traded than someone going all out in his contract year on the best team he's ever been on.

Certainly possible the Bucks are cool with letting him walk in the offseason if he won't resign for market rate.

But I think we at least explore our options before the deadline, which could explain why Gery heard something from Ernie or an agent or the like.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#1648 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:05 pm

This thread has gone in more directions than a Gery radio appearance. Gery didn't say he talked with the player, but with an official with another team as direct quoted above.

C'mon crew, this is easy. During that interview he mentioned earlier he was talking with a Western Conference personnel person. Well that's Larry Harris. And knowing Larry as we do, completely plausible that Larry said something like "Hey, Bledsoe and the Rich Paul Clutch crew want to get him out of Milwaukee. At least that's what I've heard"
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1649 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:07 pm

I feel like we’re one more role playing vet away from the Finals.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,520

Post#1650 » by raferfenix » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:13 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:This thread has gone in more directions than a Gery radio appearance. Gery didn't say he talked with the player, but with an official with another team as direct quoted above.

C'mon crew, this is easy. During that interview he mentioned earlier he was talking with a Western Conference personnel person. Well that's Larry Harris. And knowing Larry as we do, completely plausible that Larry said something like "Hey, Bledsoe and the Rich Paul Clutch crew want to get him out of Milwaukee. At least that's what I've heard"

Missed the part about the reference to a Western Conference personnel person.

Bledsoe isn't playing like someone who wants out in contrast to Middleton.

But he is playing well enough that Bledsoe / Rich Paul are starting to dream bigger and talking to Lebron / Durant and words going around.

The reference to Toronto makes me think it still might be Ernie though. Not sure why Larry Harris would know the Raptors are looking to make a big deal for instance.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#1651 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I feel like we’re one more role playing vet away from the Finals.

Trevor Ariza would've been nice huh. If WAS finally gives up I don't really see a match though, George Hill I suppose but IDK then you lose him too. They wouldn't want the years of Snell. Maybe there is a 3 way somehow where Snell goes to the other team.

Maybe something like this, obviously would need fine tuning around and picks involved to some degree.
MKE: Snell
NO: Sol Hill
WAS: Ariza
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#1652 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:45 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:I feel like we’re one more role playing vet away from the Finals.

Ariza for Snell or 2nd/Smith for Dedmon. Those two do it. But Ernie won't take on Snell's deal. He can't. We'd have to attach a first which we don't have.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1653 » by bizarro » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:50 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Ariza for Snell or 2nd/Smith for Dedmon. Those two do it. But Ernie won't take on Snell's deal. He can't. We'd have to attach a first which we don't have.

But we could just slide in Connaughton and his 28% from the 3 pt arc and questionable everything skills. Just plug him in. Let’s go!

(Side note: my pops loves Connaughton. He and I have a back-and-forth going between his love for Connaughton and my newfound infatuation for the player DJ Wilson currently is. I never in a million years envisioned this razzing taking place in early 2019. Bizarro)
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,365

Post#1654 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 pm

We can do a lot of maneuvering with Hill's partially guaranteed contract and our 2019 1st (can't trade until it's locked in above #16) on draft day. Which is why I'm not including Hill in any deals this season. He's too valuable in the short-term anyways.

I can finally get behind something like Smith + a 2nd for an expiring wing like Ellington. It's time.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,728

Post#1655 » by Ayt » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:57 pm

pifhluk23 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
He's available for the right price. Everything points to that being 2 players and 2 picks. It's not an easy deal to get done and the Bucks probably aren't forward thinking / risk takers enough to do it but its possible.

The Wiz are a little bit above the lux tax threshhold (probably next season as well) with an owner that hates paying the tax, so if they do trade him - which isn't likely - they would not want to add more salary, and they won't want someone who'll be a free agent set to make a lot of money next season.

I'm looking at it as pure salary dump for them, Middleton won't take his option so trading for him and Bledsoe clears a ton of cap room. Then they can just rebuild while waiting for Wall to do whatever. If they can get a few picks in there via 3way or whatever then idk seems like a solid move to rebuild. They are stuck with Wall and team is going nowhere as is.

They could do a heck of a lot better than a pure salary dump and whatever else the Bucks could throw in for a player as good as Beal.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1656 » by LuessiT » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:36 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:we need 2019 offseason thread where the first post outlines our cap situation and has links to the top 10 free agents at every position.

I keep wheeling options around and I still don't have a firm handle on the space we'd have if we renounced bledssoe or middleton or if either of them walked and what our options would be.

I can write something in like an hour but until then you can tinker with it yourself (rosters aren't 100% up to date):

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator
Eazy E
Senior
And1: 178

Post#1657 » by Eazy E » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:53 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
Eazy E wrote:
Why does Washington trade a 25 year old all-star for Middleton and Bledsoe?

Well obviously we have to add picks and or a young guy. But they do it to clear cap space and set up the tank. Washington has needed to blow it up for years now. They are literally in the worst spot you can be in for an NBA team. It may have to be a 3 way so more picks go to WAS but I think there is a strong case for it to happen.

With their owner stating last week that they'll never, ever tank, I think it's unlikely that they'll tank. They're playing well enough since Wall got hurt that they'll make the playoffs.

Please stop with the Beal trades, it ain't happening.

Beal would be amazing next to Giannis but I agree it isn't happening. While we have the expirings if a rebuild is what they want, we don't have the right combinations of picks/young players to offer them to make them even consider trading Beal. After this year, John Wall is making $42M a year for the next 4 years. And I don't see many potential John Wall suitors out there. They are going to try to build around this duo much like Portland has with Lillard/McCollum.

And if you're Washington, you gotta think you at least have enough of a chance at Kevin Durant to not totally tear it down just yet...
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,090

Post#1658 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:03 pm

Eazy E wrote:
ShootingtheJ wrote:
pifhluk23 wrote:
Well obviously we have to add picks and or a young guy. But they do it to clear cap space and set up the tank. Washington has needed to blow it up for years now. They are literally in the worst spot you can be in for an NBA team. It may have to be a 3 way so more picks go to WAS but I think there is a strong case for it to happen.

With their owner stating last week that they'll never, ever tank, I think it's unlikely that they'll tank. They're playing well enough since Wall got hurt that they'll make the playoffs.

Please stop with the Beal trades, it ain't happening.

Beal would be amazing next to Giannis but I agree it isn't happening. While we have the expirings if a rebuild is what they want, we don't have the right combinations of picks/young players to offer them to make them even consider trading Beal. After this year, John Wall is making $42M a year for the next 4 years. And I don't see many potential John Wall suitors out there. They are going to try to build around this duo much like Portland has with Lillard/McCollum.

And if you're Washington, you gotta think you at least have enough of a chance at Kevin Durant to not totally tear it down just yet...

The issue is that basically Wall and Beal are known to not get along. So that all does make sense overall, digging deeper it's just not going to work there with these two. really from most accounts it seems Wall is the problem and should be the one gone but he's basically untradeable on that contract. So what do you do?

I'd think for them they'd rather have Brogdon back than Middleton because he's RFA and guaranteed to keep. Plus the localish connections there. So our best offer is something like Brog, Hill, Thon/Wilson, and some long out picks. IDK, I guess that's not that bad of a deal but someone has to beat that right?

Outside the box idea for WAS. See if you can trade Wall for Conley. Conley is a great teammate and a better suited PG to go with Beal. From Mem perspective, they get a younger player they can push as their star who is controlled for years. So they can keep on competing rather than tanking out, which seems to be thier MO.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,914

Post#1659 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:05 pm

LuessiT wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:we need 2019 offseason thread where the first post outlines our cap situation and has links to the top 10 free agents at every position.

I can write something in like an hour but until then you can tinker with it yourself (rosters aren't 100% up to date):

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator

Thanks
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,914

Post#1660 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:06 pm

crkone wrote:
WimpyDeer wrote:
raferfenix wrote:For all of Gery’s misfires he has a longstanding track record getting information like this that does come to pass.

It also stands to reason Middleton is pissed off if he thinks our scheme is costing him potentially tens of millions of dollars.

He hasn't had ties to the Bucks' front office since Larry Harris was there.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Love it
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks