Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,912

Re: Bucks Trades/Transactions/News Thread 

Post#1661 » by Fotis St » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:07 pm

Since Lakers want to sign Carmelo...

Pat Connaghton for Michael Beasley.

We get a streaky scorer and Bron gets another shooter
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,614

Post#1662 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 pm

I didn't see this posted but maybe it was. Lowe's all star selections. http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25818304/zach-lowe-2019-nba-all-star-starters-reserve-picks He calls these guys reserves locks

Blake Griffin
Nikola Vucevic
Ben Simmons
Kemba Walker
Victor Oladipo

Then he considered the following for the last 2 spots:
Khris Middleton, Pascal Siakam, Eric Bledsoe, Kyle Lowry, John Collins, Jimmy Butler, Myles Turner, Bojan Bogdanovic, Domantas Sabonis, JJ Redick, D'Angelo Russell, Spencer Dinwiddie, Josh Richardson, Al Horford, Marcus Morris, Andre Drummond,

His final 2 in are Lowry and Bledsoe. About Bledsoe making it:

It felt right giving Milwaukee multiple All-Stars. Sorry, Pascal. Next time. (Advanced numbers favor Siakam over almost all of these guys. I couldn't get there. There is something wild about his playmaking that I don't 100 percent trust yet. He's a clear third wheel when Toronto is healthy. The track record tiebreaker works against him.)

I leaned for most of the season toward Middleton, even during his hellish December slump. His skill set -- high-volume 3-point shooting, some positional versatility -- feels more foundational to Milwaukee's identity. Bledsoe has hit just 31 percent from deep.

But Bledsoe is shooting a preposterous 61 percent on 2s, knifing through the open space in Milwaukee's Giannis-and-shooters offense. He is roasting dudes one-on-one. Milwaukee is outscoring opponents by a healthy margin with Antetokounmpo on the bench, and both Middleton and Bledsoe have thrived under heavier scoring burdens in those minutes.

If Bledsoe has one calling card, it's defense. Middleton's is shooting. We have seen more of Bledsoe's calling card at peak level than Middleton's. Bledsoe gets the nod.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,679

Post#1663 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:12 pm

Slowly but surely national media members are digging deeper into Middleton’s season and figuring out that Bledsoe has been the better player. Nate Duncan also talked about it but both he and Danny chose Myles Turner for their last all star spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,692

Post#1664 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:14 pm

Y'all hate Woelfel but this board lives off his tidbits.

#TeamWoelfel
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
blazza18
RealGM

Post#1665 » by blazza18 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:16 pm

StickeeFingaz wrote:Slowly but surely national media members are digging deeper into Middleton’s season and figuring out that Bledsoe has been the better player. Nate Duncan also talked about it but both he and Danny chose Myles Turner for their last all star spot.

All while the local guys keep talking about per 36 while completely ignoring the drop off after October.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,173

Post#1666 » by DingleJerry » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:23 pm

Just in general, a PG who can attack and collapse the D is more crucial to being the engine that moves an offense. I've been harping on it for years while many folks lamented for the Delly PG types to just stand in the corner and shoot while they watch Giannis. This skillset is critical in the NBA and we finally have a guy who can do it, another reason I stayed on the Bledsoe wagon while everyone ragged on him after the playoffs. I know we'd all prefer a better shooting PG but there isn't a route to get it, so make the best of Bledsoe and use him properly. Which the new staff is doing after the old idiots refused to run him ball screens.

I've also been on the relax about Middleton camp in this slump and he still hasn't fully broken out of it, not a good sign long term with him. Hopefully he hits his stride again soon. That said, I still think the bashing on him has still been overboard.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,679

Post#1667 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:21 pm

blazza18 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Slowly but surely national media members are digging deeper into Middleton’s season and figuring out that Bledsoe has been the better player. Nate Duncan also talked about it but both he and Danny chose Myles Turner for their last all star spot.

All while the local guys keep talking about per 36 while completely ignoring the drop off after October.

DavidDunn has a rant a few days ago about the media and how they talk about Middleton and I think there’s something to it.

For whatever reason, guys like Eric Nehm and Kane Pitman refuse to really criticize Middleton. Even if they say something slightly negative, there’s always a qualifier.

And then there’s the Bucks organization putting Middleton front and center (pregame & postgame) for an all star spot when there’s three guys on the team who probably have a better argument.

#FreeChuckDiesel
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,172

Post#1668 » by FrieAaron » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:28 pm

If the Bucks get a second all-star, Bledsoe is the correct call.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#1669 » by LedZepp007 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:59 pm

Now that Conley is available, should we trade for him and what?

The Bulls are the absolute worst.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1670 » by LuessiT » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:09 am

LedZepp007 wrote:Now that Conley is available, should we trade for him and what?

I don't think we can play Conley together with Bledsoe. And Conley makes so damn much that I don't consider him a particularly good contract. So if anything, I'd consider something around Bledsoe/Snell/Ilyasova for Conley but I'd probably decline.
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#1671 » by LedZepp007 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:12 am

LuessiT wrote:
LedZepp007 wrote:Now that Conley is available, should we trade for him and what?

I don't think we can play Conley together with Bledsoe. And Conley makes so damn much that I don't consider him a particularly good contract. So if anything, I'd consider something around Bledsoe/Snell/Ilyasova for Conley but I'd probably decline.

I guess it depends on how much of an upgrade, if any, you consider Conley over Bledsoe. I actually do think you can play Conley and Bled, especially if you try and stagger their minutes.

The Bulls are the absolute worst.
PurpleMoses
Freshman
And1: 48

Post#1672 » by PurpleMoses » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:13 am

DingleJerry wrote:Just in general, a PG who can attack and collapse the D is more crucial to being the engine that moves an offense. I've been harping on it for years while many folks lamented for the Delly PG types to just stand in the corner and shoot while they watch Giannis.

I'm just here to stump for an Elfrid Payton reclamation project. His three ball is coming around and every so often PGs hit their mid-20s and take off. Always liked the foundation of his game minus some over-dribbling tendencies.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#1673 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:17 am

I think Gasol would be better fit than Conley on the Bucks, not sure what the price tag is or if I'd be willing to pay it. He has a player option for like $25m next season so I imagine he'll opt in.
FREE GIANNIS
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1674 » by LuessiT » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:20 am

JayMKE wrote:I think Gasol would be better fit than Conley on the Bucks, not sure what the price tag is or if I'd be willing to pay it. He has a player option for like $25m next season so I imagine he'll opt in.

I've read somewhere that the reasoning why Memphis has put Gasol on the market is because they expect him to opt out and think it's their last chance to cash in on him. I definately could see him opting in if he gets to a place where he's appreciated but I don't doubt he could make his money back on a 1y contract or get significant money over multiple years so I could see both.

That said, I have a hard time seeing him share the floor with Lopez.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,603

Post#1675 » by JayMKE » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:31 am

LuessiT wrote:
JayMKE wrote:I think Gasol would be better fit than Conley on the Bucks, not sure what the price tag is or if I'd be willing to pay it. He has a player option for like $25m next season so I imagine he'll opt in.

I've read somewhere that the reasoning why Memphis has put Gasol on the market is because they expect him to opt out and think it's their last chance to cash in on him. I definately could see him opting in if he gets to a place where he's appreciated but I don't doubt he could make his money back on a 1y contract or get significant money over multiple years so I could see both.

Lopez moves to the bench in this scenario which is actually not a terrible idea since Gasol shouldn't be playing 34 mpg anyways. I think Gasol would benefit a lot not having to carry the team every night and actually be able to rest.
FREE GIANNIS
blazza18
RealGM

Post#1676 » by blazza18 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:37 am

Am I the only one who thinks Lopez > Gasol?

Can talk me into Conley being better than Bledsoe but given where we are at I'm perfectly fine with keeping Bledsoe past this season anyway.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1677 » by LuessiT » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:38 am

JayMKE wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Lopez moves to the bench in this scenario which is actually not a terrible idea since Gasol shouldn't be playing 34 mpg anyways. I think Gasol would benefit a lot not having to carry the team every night and actually be able to rest.

I just think there may be situations where you don't want to play either. So you have to spread like 40m per game between Gasol and Lopez. Not sure if you can keep both guys happy.
If the price is Snell/Smith/Thon, count me in but it's probably Hill/DDV+ and I don't think that is worth it to me.
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#1678 » by bizarro » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:44 am

I really don’t want a thing to do w Gasol and Conley w their salaries, age, and what Memphis is probably demanding in return. I like both players. On this Bucks team? Don’t see the fit.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#1679 » by LuessiT » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:46 am

bizarro wrote:I really don’t want a thing to do w Gasol and Conley w their salaries, age, and what Memphis is probably demanding in return. I like both players. On this Bucks team? Don’t see the fit.

Gasol is a terrific fit and if he's going to opt out as rumored, his salary and age past this year doesn't really matter. Point is, we got Lopez and those two can't really share the floor. That is the only reason why I'd be against trading for Gasol.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,866

Post#1680 » by Prez » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:48 am

blazza18 wrote:Am I the only one who thinks Lopez > Gasol?
Think this is way more coaching/situation related than Brook actually becoming a better player than Marc Gasol. I like Brook a lot but feel pretty confident a motivated Gasol on a contender w/ Bud would be more valuable than Brook.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks