PG: Bucks Tame Mavs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Re: PG: Bucks Tame Mavs 

Post#61 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:47 pm

jschligs wrote:
yannisk wrote:What happened with Pat and DVD? they don't seem to get any minutes lately

He played a few games with the Herd but not on Saturday. DDV needs time to develop and find his shot again.

Not totally surprised by Donte not playing. To me, given who was already on the roster, it was pretty clear the moment he was drafted that he wouldn't play his first year. Sterling and Snell were/are the superior players, and DDV really isn't a PG, yet. Maybe if he tightens up his handles and learns how to shoot, he could take Hill's minutes next year.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#62 » by DingleJerry » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:49 pm

Even as one on the general side of relax on MIddleton, this slow spell for him has gone a bit longer than optimal and is a bit concerning. That said, this is also why I don't think we have to fear these crazy 30+ mil offers so many do here.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#63 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:middleton and luka both 6-18... one is a bucket of ass and one is the next bird

One is gunning and trying to win and attacking and competing and challenging and flopping, and the other is doing what he always does which is get a few flat shots up per quarter and wait for someone else to win the game.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#64 » by Prez » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:55 pm

slos wrote:Just look at the second units

Milwaukee - Hill, Brown, Snell, Wilson, Ilyasova
Toronto - FVV, Powell, OG, Miles, JV
Celtics - Rozier, Brown, Hayward, Theis, Baynes
Indiana - Joseph, Evans, Doug, Sabonis, O'Quinn
Sixers - they don't have and they will lose in the 1st round if they end 4-5 in RS

All your rivals have better depth and at least one player in their second unit that could be a starter in any other team.

A good number of those guys haven't been that good at all this year and are living off reputation, and wouldn't be mentioned the way they are if they were playing under Jason Kidd in previous years.
msiris
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#65 » by msiris » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:03 pm

DingleJerry wrote:Even as one on the general side of relax on MIddleton, this slow spell for him has gone a bit longer than optimal and is a bit concerning. That said, this is also why I don't think we have to fear these crazy 30+ mil offers so many do here.
But even 20 a year is too much for a guy is not even the 2nd best player on the team.
Ride the tank
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#66 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:13 pm

DavidDunn21 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:middleton and luka both 6-18... one is a bucket of ass and one is the next bird

One is gunning and trying to win and attacking and competing and challenging and flopping, and the other is doing what he always does which is get a few flat shots up per quarter and wait for someone else to win the game.

youve been on a roll for months now. keep the comedy coming :lol:
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#67 » by tski1972 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:15 pm

one scored 1 point per shot and had a triple double, the other didn't.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,768

Post#68 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:16 pm

Why did that one dude get ejected?
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,768

Post#69 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

AussieBuck wrote:
Siefer wrote:Can't wait to see what Luka becomes in a few years.

Larry Bird.

I have this feeling Luka won't age well.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#70 » by tski1972 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:Why did that one dude get ejected?

because Thon Maker is bad at basketball.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#71 » by slos » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:19 pm

Prez wrote:
slos wrote:Just look at the second units

Sixers - they don't have and they will lose in the 1st round if they end 4-5 in RS

All your rivals have better depth and at least one player in their second unit that could be a starter in any other team.

A good number of those guys haven't been that good at all this year and are living off reputation, and wouldn't be mentioned the way they are if they were playing under Jason Kidd in previous years.

Just forget about **** Kidd and look at the players. Toronto have their "bench mob" together for the second year. All C's underachieve, but you can argue that they will show up in the playoffs. Indy has Sabonis and Tyreke coming from the bench able to hit 20s.

Not saying that our bench sucks, but you can see that two of the teams you 'll need to win to make it to the finals have an advantage there. It's not that huge, because your starters will be playing more. It's still though a disadvantage,
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#72 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 pm

Bucks need to stop pimping Middleton for the ASG. Hell Marques and Jim led off their last broadcast about it.

I'm not convinced a second Buck is deserving but if one is Bledsoe is waaaay more deserving than Middleton. Hell so are Lopez and Brogdon.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#73 » by mke_design » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:23 pm

slos wrote:
mke_design wrote:
slos wrote:We are deep, but not playoff deep. I can trust in the long run only Hill. Wilson and Brown will have their flashes, but they can't deliver yet night after night. Snell and Ilyasova are meh and need to be replaced.

How are we not playoff team deep compared to other teams respectively?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Just look at the second units

I would counter those sentiments. I believe Hill could be a starter, Illyasova, and even Brown potentially. I think the Celtics and Indiana have great benches but their first units have holes.

DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#74 » by Prez » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:26 pm

slos wrote:Just forget about **** Kidd and look at the players. Toronto have their "bench mob" together for the second year. All C's underachieve, but you can argue that they will show up in the playoffs. Indy has Sabonis and Tyreke coming from the bench able to hit 20s.

Not saying that our bench sucks, but you can see that two of the teams you 'll need to win to make it to the finals have an advantage there. It's not that huge, because your starters will be playing more. It's still though a disadvantage,

No Toronto doesn't, one of the keys to their bench mob was Siakam and he's starting now, also both VanVleet and OG have regressed significantly. Their bench has actually been a huge disappointment this year, their bench last year was by far 1st in +/-, this year it’s 24th.

The only truly awesome bench player on that list is Sabonis, and I would agree Indy has the advantage there. But I think the other teams' benches are getting overrated here.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,776

Post#75 » by Ayt » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:32 pm

:lol: Luka had a triple double and played his ass off. The other was Khris Middleton.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#76 » by blazza18 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:39 pm

GoS is smarter than to troll like that.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#77 » by MiltownHawkeye » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:40 pm

slos wrote:
mke_design wrote:
slos wrote:We are deep, but not playoff deep. I can trust in the long run only Hill. Wilson and Brown will have their flashes, but they can't deliver yet night after night. Snell and Ilyasova are meh and need to be replaced.

How are we not playoff team deep compared to other teams respectively?

Just look at the second units

Yeah good call by GoS. I'm not trading our 6-10 for any of those. Indiana gives me pause I guess.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#78 » by steger_3434 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:48 pm

Benches don’t matter as much in the playoffs as rotations are shorter. Giannis will be playing 40-42 mph. Wasn’t that Toronto’s downfall last year? A great bench but who cares when that bench is going against the other teams starters

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,776

Post#79 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:08 am

steger_3434 wrote:Wasn’t that Toronto’s downfall last year?

Not really.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#80 » by SkilesTheLimit » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:16 am

Ayt wrote:
Magic Giannison wrote:Mavs coach is a bitch, put in Kostats you god damn .... sucker

Kostas sucks.

Kostas is a worm. He’s just bait on the end of Mark Cuban’s fishing pole to try and lure the big fish in ‘20-21.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd

Return to Milwaukee Bucks