OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,019

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1581 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 23, 2019 1:05 pm

Which woman sets the toughest screens? That's your wife.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#1582 » by KidA24 » Thu May 23, 2019 1:19 pm

The Rodzilla wrote:im thinking of holding some type of womens competition and the winner gets to marry me

I was going to go for an MMA tournament because it would be exciting to see women fight for me but then id probably end up with someone who beats me up if I don't want to cook dinner, so maybe a tennis or basketball tournament?

Shouldn't it be the one who is the best at annoying the crap out of you while not actually being able to do anything valuable?
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,674

Post#1583 » by chonestown » Thu May 23, 2019 1:30 pm

Rod's looking for a wife with intangibles. A real brings her lunchpail to the relationship gal.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
The Rodzilla
Starter
And1: 2,332

Post#1584 » by The Rodzilla » Thu May 23, 2019 4:21 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Which woman sets the toughest screens? That's your wife.

ive never thought about it before but screen setting is an underrated skill for a wife, like if you are about to get into a fight your wife can set the screen for you to get separation and then run away

thats how the warriors got curry some space away from delly

LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,119

Post#1585 » by LittleRooster » Thu May 23, 2019 5:51 pm

The Rodzilla wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Which woman sets the toughest screens? That's your wife.

ive never thought about it before but screen setting is an underrated skill for a wife, like if you are about to get into a fight your wife can set the screen for you to get separation and then run away

thats how the warriors got curry some space away from delly

So what you’re saying is that he should marry Delly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#1586 » by jmart762 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:55 pm

Is this just shade towards wives, or is the cliche "don't get married" thing true?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1587 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 24, 2019 4:01 pm

jmart762 wrote:Is this just shade towards wives, or is the cliche "don't get married" thing true?

Since I've started living with the soon to be wife she's shown herself to be incredibly OCD, and hyper-resistant to anything that upsets the way the apartment is situated. I got got yelled at for not putting a spice in the cabinet back the correct way, used the wrong drying towel on the wrong pan, had to turn off the smooth grooves of En Vogue while I was cooking last night because it was stressing her out. My every waking day's goal is to not step on an eggshell.

So, maybe?
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,285

Post#1588 » by Finn » Fri May 24, 2019 4:05 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
jmart762 wrote:Is this just shade towards wives, or is the cliche "don't get married" thing true?

Since I've started living with the soon to be wife she's shown herself to be incredibly OCD, and hyper-resistant to anything that upsets the way the apartment is situated. I got got yelled at for not putting a spice in the cabinet back the correct way, used the wrong drying towel on the wrong pan, had to turn off the smooth grooves of En Vogue while I was cooking last night because it was stressing her out. My every waking day's goal is to not step on an eggshell.

So, maybe?

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1589 » by jschligs » Fri May 24, 2019 4:07 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

So, maybe?

Oof...my engagement has not been like that. I try and be respectful, but I've also made it clear that I will do what I want when I want as long as its not egregious. I drink often, smoke a good amount, watch every bucks games and play videogames all the time. She puts up with it and I put up with her nuances. Yea we argue sometimes, she annoys me frequently, but I feel like anyone you live with will do that to you. At the end of the day, we make a pretty awesome team and bring joy to each others lives.

Edit: did you live with her prior to engagement?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1590 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 24, 2019 4:14 pm

jschligs wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

So, maybe?

Oof...my engagement has not been like that. I try and be respectful, but I've also made it clear that I will do what I want when I want as long as its not egregious. I drink often, smoke a good amount, watch every bucks games and play videogames all the time. She puts up with it and I put up with her nuances. Yea we argue sometimes, she annoys me frequently, but I feel like anyone you live with will do that to you. At the end of the day, we make a pretty awesome team and bring joy to each others lives.

Lived together for a few months. I think the big thing is she was on anti-depressants (I have been for years) for about the last ten months and she's decided to go off them over the last month. That's cool and I was good with that but yea, it's super changing her mood swings.
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#1591 » by Iheartfootball » Fri May 24, 2019 4:23 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
jschligs wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

So, maybe?

Lived together for a few months. I think the big thing is she was on anti-depressants (I have been for years) for about the last ten months and she's decided to go off them over the last month. That's cool and I was good with that but yea, it's super changing her mood swings.

I found this article about quitting antidepressants important. Might help explain part of her mood right now.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#1592 » by jschligs » Fri May 24, 2019 4:38 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
jschligs wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

So, maybe?

My fiance has been on anti-anxiety meds (as was I) for a long time. She's still on them but is transitioning off. However, we started taking CBD oil and it seems to have helped. Not sure if you'd want to try it, but it's worked for us. I'm completely off my 3 prescriptions now. Part of it was my doctors started drug testing me, which turned me off, the other is not wanting to be on meds my whole life.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,172
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#1593 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri May 24, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm closing in (and probably living together ~2 years before that) on about 5 years of marriage and I think the pattern was, "honeymoon period" for the first year, some "oh, that's new and annoying" for a little while after...but my wife in particular I think eased on most **** pretty quickly. Probably a surprise on here but I (and her) am pretty easygoing...I think we mutually learned to just not do the few things that piss each other off and I really can't find much to complain about other than pregnancy emotions, which you pretty much have to tolerate.

Long story short, I would say don't get married unless you have a situation like that. Outside of a debate when putting the kid to bed or something I can't think of the last time we've had any sort of fight or argument of any substance...so get something like that or don't at all. That said, I think RS's situation is a bit different. Hopefully when she copes with getting of that **** she goes back to the way you know/remember.

I was an independent person that enjoyed being single/having my own space...I think my life would blow if I had a cohabitant yapping at me or bugging me all day...so I'd say don't do it if it makes life any worse for you.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,325

Post#1594 » by jute2003 » Fri May 24, 2019 7:59 pm

Marriage isn't always easy. Sometimes you gotta work at ****. Sometimes, one of you has to realize that you're an immature wanker that's not always right. If it's a good match, it'll always be worth it though. There will always be adjustements from what things were like when you were single.
only a fan, only an opinion
Gianstoppable
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,630

Post#1595 » by Gianstoppable » Fri May 24, 2019 10:22 pm

My wife is the ****. Sure she does stuff that bugs me at times and I do the same back but shes so easy going we never argue. Shes my best friend and partner in crime. Been married 6 years now and 2 kids so the only thing that has gone downhill is you know what. But that should rebound..

Hopefully lmao
#FreeChuckDiesel
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,161

Post#1596 » by JEIS » Fri May 24, 2019 10:33 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

So, maybe?

I don't know how long you guys have been together, but you really need to call her on her sh!# early and often. Make sure you don't have to put up with that crap the rest of your life. It is mentally taxing.. you will be unhappy and feel like nothing you do is ever good enough.
DigitalFool
Veteran
And1: 138

Post#1597 » by DigitalFool » Fri May 24, 2019 11:48 pm

DanoMac wrote:
Gianstoppable wrote:Not sure if I posted this here or just thought about it but I recently got back into collecting cards again, mainly NBA and MLB. I used to collect as a kid and now that I'm 30 I seem to have gathered more interest than ever (probably because I can actually buy more than a couple packs lol)

Any suggestions on best place to buy/best packs/boxes?

2nd pack I opened for MLB was a Tatis Jr Auto /99 so that was pretty awesome. Also have a few Luka rookies.

I’m getting back into it myself as well, also looking for suggestions on the best places to get hobby boxes.

I just started getting into it and it’s super addicting. It’s seems like all the rage are “breakers”, basically sites where you can buy teams (sometimes players) and they open an entire case and they send team hits. Or pack wars where you buy a pack (or 2 or 3) and if your pack has the lowest numbered card you get the whole box. I follow the site Bisman Breaks on Facebook - super low volume compared to others but check out the videos. Mainly football but definitely does all sports and will sell you any hobby box. The prices are absurd these days but the hits are awesome.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1598 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat May 25, 2019 12:34 am

Collecting cards sounds fun as hell but seems daunting to get started.
#FreeChuckDiesel
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#1599 » by trwi7 » Sat May 25, 2019 4:20 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:Collecting cards sounds fun as hell

Is today opposite day?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#1600 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat May 25, 2019 1:06 pm

trwi7 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:Collecting cards sounds fun as hell

Is today opposite day?

Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks