OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,650

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#961 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:00 am

Looking for email recommendations.

Google is shutting down Inbox, which just about makes me want to cry. Inbox has a feature called Bundles which auto-groups similar emails into one grouping (like a folder) within you inbox. It isn't an actual separate folder. For example - I travel all of the time. When I book a flight and the emails come in, Inbox creates a "Trip" bundle for my flight - it knows where I'm going, and the dates. When I book my hotel and car, the emails for those are auto-bundled into the same bundle as my flight. I can then manually add my email receipts (Uber, food, etc) into the same bundle. It. Is. A. Godsend. When the trip is done, I archive it and they all go into my archived mail - still bundled. But there isn't a folder sitting in my sidebar forever.

I am looking for email clients that have similar functionality. Bundling is amazing and I hate humanity a little bit for not using Inbox more and utilizing it. It's all of your faults this is going away :(

Anyone use any clients with some similar functionality? All manual bundling is fine - automatic is great, but not necessary. But separate folders for everything is not okay. I can't have 25 new folders in my sidebar for each trip I take each year.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#962 » by midranger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:27 am

MikeIsGood wrote:I can't have 25 new folders in my sidebar for each trip I take each year.

Life’s tough all over

I kid. I kid.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#963 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:47 am

midranger wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I can't have 25 new folders in my sidebar for each trip I take each year.

Life’s tough all over

I kid. I kid.

I know you're kidding and that's totally fine, but to be clear, I'd rather not travel 25 times a year. It's work, and it's not glamorous.

I don't know how sales people travel multiple times a week, go out to eat all the time, drink all the time, stay out all night. It's a special breed.
midranger
RealGM

Post#964 » by midranger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:58 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
midranger wrote:

Life’s tough all over

I kid. I kid.

I know you're kidding and that's totally fine, but to be clear, I'd rather not travel 25 times a year. It's work, and it's not glamorous.

I don't know how sales people travel multiple times a week, go out to eat all the time, drink all the time, stay out all night. It's a special breed.

I know. I definitely wouldn’t want to be on the road consistently.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#965 » by trwi7 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:02 am

So do those Turbo Tax "Free. Free free free" commercials have some meaning that I just don't understand or are they the dumbest, most annoying commercials ever created like I suspect?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
midranger
RealGM

Post#966 » by midranger » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:05 am

trwi7 wrote:So do those Turbo Tax "Free. Free free free" commercials have some meaning that I just don't understand or are they the dumbest, most annoying commercials ever created like I suspect?

You’re think and talking about them. Therefore, they are highly effective.

By Mennen.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#967 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:07 am

trwi7 wrote:So do those Turbo Tax "Free. Free free free" commercials have some meaning that I just don't understand or are they the dumbest, most annoying commercials ever created like I suspect?

They moved a handful of pretty heavily used forms behind their $50 paywall this year, too, bringing extra irony to the commercials.

CreditKarma is legit free. Every form. All filing.

(This is not a sponsored post)
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#968 » by Mags FTW » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:29 am

midranger wrote:

You’re think and talking about them. Therefore, they are highly effective.

By Mennen.

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#969 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:21 am

I wanna talk hot sauces here. I’m not great at handling insanely hot stuff but I love delicious hot sauces. My wife has started going online and buying me hot sauces for special occasions and it is awesome! I’m sure many of us have had Valentina (my favorite everyday sauce), Cholula, Tobasco, and Frank’s, but I’d definitely like to hear if anybody has some deep cuts. I’d also like to talk about opinions on of these sauces if it helps anybody else out. Here’s the best I’ve had so far, and I’d like to hear other recommendations if any of you have any.

- Dirty Dick’s: Easily my favorite. The only drawback is that it doesn’t really complement food, anything you put it on tastes like Dirty Dicks (did that on purpose)
- Secret Aardvark: Awesome every occasion kind of sauce. Big on the West Coast.
- Sauces Of Wrath: Jalepenos and Garlic. **** amazing on eggs.
- Queen Majesty-Scotch Bonnet and Ginger: Awesome for stir fry and other Asian influences dishes.

Thoughts?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,951

Post#970 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:16 am

One of the major downers in the last year or so is that I can't handle spicy food anymore unless I wanna be **** painfully like a madman for a few hours. I LOVE spicy food in all forms, and now it's a tradeoff if I wanna have it (I usually have it).
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#971 » by humanrefutation » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:24 am

Ill-yasova wrote:I wanna talk hot sauces here. I’m not great at handling insanely hot stuff but I love delicious hot sauces. My wife has started going online and buying me hot sauces for special occasions and it is awesome! I’m sure many of us have had Valentina (my favorite everyday sauce), Cholula, Tobasco, and Frank’s, but I’d definitely like to hear if anybody has some deep cuts. I’d also like to talk about opinions on of these sauces if it helps anybody else out. Here’s the best I’ve had so far, and I’d like to hear other recommendations if any of you have any.

- Dirty Dick’s: Easily my favorite. The only drawback is that it doesn’t really complement food, anything you put it on tastes like Dirty Dicks (did that on purpose)
- Queen Majesty-Scotch Bonnet and Ginger: Awesome for stir fry and other Asian influences dishes.

Thoughts?

I love hot sauces too so I'm always looking for recommendations.

El Yucateco Xxxtra Hot Chile Habanero has quickly become one of my faves. It's hot without being too hot to use everyday. It's has a smokey, peppery flavor that I enjoy quite a bit. It's one of my go-tos when I'm looking for a little kick - I put a few drops on the hummus I made tonight and it was wonderful.

I ordered a case of it on Amazon a year ago before discovering that I could buy it more cheaply at Wal-Mart.
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#972 » by ClassicJack » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:20 am

Lowkey, KFC hot sauce is excellent. Flavorful and just enough heat. I order their trash food from time to time just to stack up on their hot sauce.
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,938

Post#973 » by BUCKnation » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:08 am

They can be a bit expensive, but I love the Nando's sauces, from the restaurant chain. Super flavorful and they have them at woodman's.

Can't go wrong with any of the franks, el yucateco, tapatio, cholula and etc variety tho.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#974 » by Ill-yasova » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:46 am

ClassicJack wrote:Lowkey, KFC hot sauce is excellent. Flavorful and just enough heat. I order their trash food from time to time just to stack up on their hot sauce.

I’ve never tried it because I have a Popeye’s 5 minutes from my house. I might have to make a detour some time to see what I’m missing.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#975 » by Mags FTW » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:18 pm

Speaking of KFC, I drove by one today advertising a buffet. That's news to me.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#976 » by jschligs » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:26 pm

I eat Franks almost exclusively, but Tapatio is one of my favorites and Crystal Louisiana is amazing too
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#977 » by LittleRooster » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:40 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Speaking of KFC, I drove by one today advertising a buffet. That's news to me.

I’ve driven by those too and have always wondered how they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#978 » by crkone » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:48 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:I wanna talk hot sauces here. I’m not great at handling insanely hot stuff but I love delicious hot sauces. My wife has started going online and buying me hot sauces for special occasions and it is awesome! I’m sure many of us have had Valentina (my favorite everyday sauce), Cholula, Tobasco, and Frank’s, but I’d definitely like to hear if anybody has some deep cuts. I’d also like to talk about opinions on of these sauces if it helps anybody else out. Here’s the best I’ve had so far, and I’d like to hear other recommendations if any of you have any.

Thoughts?

Palo Alto Firefighters Pepper Sauce and Yellow Bird Habanero are amazing. The Classic and Los Calientes from Hot Ones are delicious too. I also enjoy Dirty Dick's and Secret Aardvark.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#979 » by buckboy » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:33 pm

I was just in Mexico. Had some Salsa Huichol Habanera. Not sure if it's available domestically, but holy hell is that stuff great. Took my chances and brought home 6 bottles. Stuff is heavenly. Hotter than hell and actually tastes good.

Edit: I see it's available on Amazon. Highly recommended. The Picante is very good too if you're not into super-hot.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#980 » by MikeIsGood » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Is it safe to assume you hot sauce lovers watch Hot Ones on YouTube?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks