ImageImage

Bucks 2019 Offseason Thread - News/Free Agency/Trades - Horst Signs Extension

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: Bucks FA Thread 

Post#1001 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri May 24, 2019 5:12 am

Bertans is probably a better fit as a role player than Mirotic.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#1002 » by Coach Carter » Fri May 24, 2019 6:28 am

I hate the notion that we aren't ready or we're 1 year away.

Historically, title winning teams have received humblings before becoming champions but those sides had great building blocks. Bar giannis and perhaps brogdon, i can't make a strong case for anyone else.

If i'm horst, i'm being bold. Look at masai, he saw that derozan could only take them so far. He got lucky but nonetheless, was ruthless with that move. On the other hand horst passed on butler for khris...Imagine having butler in this series, a series that we have all but lost more so due to a mental disparity above anything else.

At the very least, horst need to be looking at snipers that demand attention away from giannis. Our shooters the last 3 games, have made it too easy for the raptors defenders.

For the record, a decent effort from horst with the guys he brought in including mirotic even though, he hasn't really worked out. We tried, we tested, we were founded out. Back to the drawing board to build an even better supporting cast. I mean with a top 5 player, we almost have to.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 881

Post#1003 » by pifhluk23 » Fri May 24, 2019 11:14 am

We probably have to sign as many guys as we can and try to trade them as soon as allowed by league rules. Signing Bledsoe screwed us out of trying for Kemba. Rest of the really good FA aren't coming here. Midseason disgruntled all star to trade for is really our only hope. That or Giannis becoming a more complete offensive player is all we got.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,546

Post#1004 » by th87 » Fri May 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Coach Carter wrote:I hate the notion that we aren't ready or we're 1 year away.

Historically, title winning teams have received humblings before becoming champions but those sides had great building blocks. Bar giannis and perhaps brogdon, i can't make a strong case for anyone else.

If i'm horst, i'm being bold. Look at masai, he saw that derozan could only take them so far. He got lucky but nonetheless, was ruthless with that move. On the other hand horst passed on butler for khris...Imagine having butler in this series, a series that we have all but lost more so due to a mental disparity above anything else.

At the very least, horst need to be looking at snipers that demand attention away from giannis. Our shooters the last 3 games, have made it too easy for the raptors defenders.

For the record, a decent effort from horst with the guys he brought in including mirotic even though, he hasn't really worked out. We tried, we tested, we were founded out. Back to the drawing board to build an even better supporting cast. I mean with a top 5 player, we almost have to.

Man, what now?

I don't want Middleton back. He won't be worth his next contract, and the gap between what he is and what he thinks he is is too wide. Unless we pay him by workout bonuses. Why NBA players don't work on developing their bodies, I'll never understand.

However, losing him doesn't give us any cap relief to pursue anyone else. And we'll have trouble retaining everyone. That means our supporting cast will be worse, and we'll need to rely on Giannis improvements to move forward. What a conundrum.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#1005 » by JayMKE » Fri May 24, 2019 12:32 pm

I would like to kick the tires of better FAs like Kawhi or KD if they'll give us an audience, maybe Kemba or even Kyrie or Butler. Explore trading Bledsoe and retooling, I've really lost confidence in our supporting cast besides Brogdon. I don't see why it would be impossible to move Bledsoe, I think we could get decent value back as bad as he has been in the playoffs since he did just make all-NBA 1st defense. Still got at least 1 or 2 more games left but I'm not content just bringing everybody back and hoping for the best given the no shows in the playoffs.
FREE GIANNIS
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,401

Post#1006 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 24, 2019 1:06 pm

Butler is a head case but he's a tough SOB. Something this team lacks.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,781

Post#1007 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri May 24, 2019 1:17 pm

I would be fine bringing the gang back. I would also be fine replacing some with a really good player.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1008 » by LuessiT » Fri May 24, 2019 3:08 pm

What this team needs is to be able to punish teams going small. We have so much better spacing bigs than any other team right now so they go small to work around that. Right now we're matching up Mirotic versus Norman Powell. That's 6'10 versus 6'4. We should be dominating the boards and the post. We're not. Right now we're getting punished for staying big. That is something to consider when it comes to building this roster.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Post#1009 » by bdpecore » Fri May 24, 2019 3:23 pm

My #1 priority would be to kick the tires on KD and Kawhi. If we can sign either you do so without hesitation. We can do so while keeping cap holds on both Brogdon and Lopez. They just need to either dump Snell or stretch Ersan (preferably Snell). A starting lineup of Bledsoe, Brogdon, KD/Kawhi, Giannis and Lopez is championship caliber. Add Hill (Room Exception), Brown, Connaughton, Ersan and Wilson coming off the bench and this team looks much better than this season’s roster. We could still add a couple ring chasing vets on minimum deals (Krover, Dudley, Koufax, O’Quinn, P. Gasol) to round out the roster and we are looking great going into next season.
If neither superstar is coming then I’d look to keep this group intact by resigning Brogdon, Lopez (MLE), Middleton, Mirotic and Hill (Room).
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,053

Post#1010 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:35 pm

pifhluk23 wrote: Signing Bledsoe screwed us out of trying for Kemba.

I'm of the belief that Kemba is getting massively overpaid by Charlotte and will stay there.

Jimmy Butler though? Whoever gives him the max gets him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#1011 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri May 24, 2019 3:36 pm

I don't if there is any possibility of this, or what it would cost, but do what you can to get Bradley Beal here. I think he would be an unbelievable compliment to Giannis. Besides the fact that they may not like each other, lol. We need to also not spit up all over ourselves in the offseason if the right move is not there. We need to consider fleecing someone before next year's trade deadline.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
lvckv
Starter
And1: 2,031

Post#1012 » by lvckv » Fri May 24, 2019 4:48 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Butler is a head case but he's a tough SOB. Something this team lacks.

Butler would be a great mentality on the team along Giannis. He'd be great apart from the outside shooting.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#1013 » by awd4cy » Fri May 24, 2019 5:14 pm

I don’t think Butler is the answer at all. We need better than a 33% 3 point shooter alongside Giannis.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#1014 » by bucksfansince88 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:11 pm

Im figuring out how to offer Klay the Full Max at 6pm opening of free agency
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1015 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri May 24, 2019 6:24 pm

Been bringing up Will Clyburn for a while and he’s finally a free agent fresh off his Euroleague Finals MVP. Dude is an absolute baller who’d make a wonderful Buck.

Edit: Damn, maybe not.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,393

Post#1016 » by trwi7 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:25 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:who’d make a wonderful Buck.

First highlight was him making an open 3, which makes this statement incorrect.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,825

Post#1017 » by tydett » Fri May 24, 2019 6:31 pm

I'm of the opinion that Middleton has played his best basketball already in a Bucks uniform, and wouldn't bring him back for the price he'll demand. Brogdon probably has 2-3 more years before his foot implodes, so I'd probably bring him back too. Lopez probably can't repeat next year his health, but I'd be fine bringing him back modestly if possible. Mirotic hasn't played up to his potential value here, but I think he could be a great fit who I'd look to extend.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#1018 » by wco81 » Fri May 24, 2019 6:48 pm

bucksfansince88 wrote:Im figuring out how to offer Klay the Full Max at 6pm opening of free agency

I don't know how much more Klay would get the Bucks over Middleton.

Klay has definitely had big games in the playoffs.

But Middleton is 2 years younger and they have similar skillsets as 2-way wings. Klay may be a better pure shooter but Middleton seems to put it on the deck better.

There are Warriors fans who don't want to pay Klay the max but I do.

But I don't know that it gains the Bucks a whole lot to swap Klay for Middleton.
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#1019 » by awd4cy » Fri May 24, 2019 6:52 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Been bringing up Will Clyburn for a while and he’s finally a free agent fresh off his Euroleague Finals MVP. Dude is an absolute baller who’d make a wonderful Buck.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I had heard he was doing well over there. Wasn’t overly impressed with him at Iowa State. Tended to disappear in a lot of games and played soft. Maybe he is better now tho.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1020 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri May 24, 2019 6:54 pm

awd4cy wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Been bringing up Will Clyburn for a while and he’s finally a free agent fresh off his Euroleague Finals MVP. Dude is an absolute baller who’d make a wonderful Buck.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I had heard he was doing well over there. Wasn’t overly impressed with him at Iowa State. Tended to disappear in a lot of games and played soft. Maybe he is better now tho.

He’s 29 now. Completely different player and in his prime.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks