ImageImage

Bucks 2019 Offseason Thread - News/Free Agency/Trades - Horst Signs Extension

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Re: Bucks 2019 Offseason Thread - News/Free Agency/Trades - Horst Signs Extension 

Post#1901 » by SirChurros » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:48 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:Pelicans open to multi-team deal to trade AD. Get it done Horsty boy.

We don't have the pieces unless Middleton agress to a S&T with the Pelicans. Very unlikely.
They once said a FedEx delivery man as GM was a bad idea too.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,725

Re: Bucks 2019 Offseason Thread - News/Free Agency/Trades - Horst Signs Extension 

Post#1902 » by emunney » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:48 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:Based on all the scuttlebutt flying around here and elsewhere, the following scenario might add up:

Renounce Mirotic

Middleton - 5-years/$150. First year starting at $27mm

Not sure how much cash that frees up for Lopez under the cap, but thinking at least $10mm so he gets a 3-year/$35mm deal.

Then use that taxpayer MLE on Hill, IF $4mm is enough to keep him (and it may not be)

It'd be the room MLE if we used cap space, which I think you're acknowledging in the amount.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,673

Post#1903 » by chonestown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Commenter wrote:lopez is coming back

you heard it here first, folks. take it to the bank, baby. badabing badaboom.

Unrivaled user name-posting synergy. Kinda makes me regret not going with "Poster," but it was in the midst of the Jim Chones Age and the zeitgeist was strong.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1904 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:58 pm

Are we all sure it’s smart to keep Hill over Mirotic? I’m not. Think we could flip Niko for more down the line.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1905 » by LuessiT » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:09 pm

Krispy Kreme wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:Pelicans open to multi-team deal to trade AD. Get it done Horsty boy.

We don't have the pieces unless Middleton agress to a S&T with the Pelicans. Very unlikely.

That was one of if not the most stupid argument against Horst ever.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1906 » by LuessiT » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:10 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Are we all sure it’s smart to keep Hill over Mirotic? I’m not. Think we could flip Niko for more down the line.

It's very stupid to renounce Mirotic unless you need the cap. I have no problem with a multi-year deal between 10-13m.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,047

Post#1907 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:14 pm

emunney wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Based on all the scuttlebutt flying around here and elsewhere, the following scenario might add up:

Renounce Mirotic

Not sure how much cash that frees up for Lopez under the cap, but thinking at least $10mm so he gets a 3-year/$35mm deal.

Then use that taxpayer MLE on Hill, IF $4mm is enough to keep him (and it may not be)

It'd be the room MLE if we used cap space, which I think you're acknowledging in the amount.

Yep- Room MLE. One pod I was listening to this weekend seemed to think Hill would now be in demand. i.e. at $10mm contract type guy given what he showcased in the playoffs. Ugh.

Also check my math on what a 5/$150 deal to Khris would look like with lowest possible starting salary.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#1908 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:52 pm

Renounce Mirotic

Where does Brogdon fit amongst all this scuttlebutt?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,047

Post#1909 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:11 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:

I don't think anyone knows, other than some team is going to toss him a big offer sheet. Bucks will have to see if they match.

Again if you believe the scuttlebutt the Bucks will basically have Middleton and Lopez done at immediately.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#1910 » by slos » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:15 pm

LuessiT wrote:
nmeurett wrote:If I'm Horst I do whatever I have to to trade for Bradley Beal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bradley Beal is not going to get traded. Certainly not for what we have to offer. Don't raise wrong expectations.

Bring the whole team back and make your move in February, when Beal or some other Top 15 player becomes available. Spurs traded Kawhi for DeRozan. Sixers turned RoCo and Saric into Butler. Middleton + Brogdon in good value contracts will get you something at some point. Beal? Why not..
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#1911 » by raferfenix » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:19 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
leroyjw10 wrote:

I don't think anyone knows, other than some team is going to toss him a big offer sheet. Bucks will have to see if they match.

Again if you believe the scuttlebutt the Bucks will basically have Middleton and Lopez done at immediately.

Question: where is this scuttlebutt coming from?

Whispers behind the scenes or reporting or more broad deduction?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#1912 » by raferfenix » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:23 pm

The success of the Kawhi Leonard rental in Toronto has also seemed to embolden factions of Davis' nonpreferred and smaller-market destinations to inquire with New Orleans on trades, league sources said.

According to front offices that have engaged in conversations with Griffin, he hasn't sounded convinced that one team is likely to fulfill his wishes for a Davis deal. To that end, Griffin has been working to find multiteam trade scenarios that could redirect assets for players or picks more preferable to the Pelicans, sources said.

For example, those sorts of scenarios could include the Lakers helping to find a team that hypothetically values Los Angeles' young players more than New Orleans does, or New York could flip its two first future first-round picks via the Dallas Mavericks into players the Pelicans prefer. New Orleans seems determined to be creative in constructing a deal to maximize the return on Davis, one of the NBA's elite talents.

Griffin has offered teams no firm timetable on needing a completed deal, but he has indicated that he prefers the acquisition of 2019 draft picks be completed days prior to the June 20 event in Brooklyn, league sources said. This gives the Pelicans a chance to meet and more closely examine draft candidates slotted in the vicinity of picks potentially traded to New Orleans.

The Knicks and Lakers hold the Nos. 3 and 4 picks in this month's draft, respectively, and those are prime trade assets for the Pelicans to consider.

Griffin is pursuing a combination of assets that include an All-Star player, a young player with All-Star potential and two first-round picks, league sources said. Those wants are on a sliding scale. For example, the better the player, the softer the requests on the draft picks -- and vice versa.

In whatever deal the Pelicans make, Griffin wants the assets to continue building a Western Conference playoff team around guard Jrue Holiday and the projected No. 1 overall pick, forward Zion Williamson, sources said.

For now, a Davis trade looms as a premium free-agent recruiting tool for those big-market teams engaged with New Orleans. For example, Brooklyn and New York are pursuing Davis to partner with the likes of Kevin Durant or Irving once free agency begins June 30.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26941750/sources-pelicans-open-multiteam-davis-deal
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,291

Post#1913 » by KidA24 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:45 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

That was one of if not the most stupid argument against Horst ever.

It was actually the perfect argument against him.

"What do we know about this guy?"
"He used to work for FedEx... and Detroit."
"What else?"
"That's.... that's honestly it."
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
GoBrewersGo
Sophomore
And1: 51

Post#1914 » by GoBrewersGo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:06 pm

Seems like it will be a pretty boring offseason for the Bucks

Sent from my SM-J727P using RealGM mobile app
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#1915 » by JayMKE » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Khris Middleton is an Allstar player... :cry:
FREE GIANNIS
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,673

Post#1916 » by chonestown » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:13 pm

GoBrewersGo wrote:Seems like it will be a pretty boring offseason for the Bucks

Just another lazy summer in which 5 of the 9 rotation guys are currently without a contract, while possibly the greatest player in franchise history - who still hasn't reached his full powers - can explore unrestricted free agency in little more than 12 months. If only there was some present-day intrigue.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#1917 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:16 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Are we all sure it’s smart to keep Hill over Mirotic? I’m not. Think we could flip Niko for more down the line.

What are you paying Hill and Mirotic? Its a wild FA period and I could see Hill anywhere from 3-10m/yr and Niko 8-16m/year. Same price, I probably go with Niko. If Hill is a 1/5th of the cost, I go with Hill.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1918 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:18 pm

chonestown wrote:
GoBrewersGo wrote:Seems like it will be a pretty boring offseason for the Bucks

Just another lazy summer in which 5 of the 9 rotation guys are currently without a contract, while possibly the greatest player in franchise history - who still hasn't reached his full powers - can explore unrestricted free agency in little more than 12 months. If only there was some present-day intrigue.

Who you talking about? We don't have AD yet....
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 469

Post#1919 » by Ruben Quevedo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 pm

The best thing we can do this off season is let Middleton walk.

It hurts to let a decent player go for nothing, but the alternative will cripple us for Giannis' prime.

I hope we're disciplined enough to do it, but I doubt it.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#1920 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:27 pm

Ruben Quevedo wrote:The best thing we can do this off season is let Middleton walk.

It hurts to let a decent player go for nothing, but the alternative will cripple us for Giannis' prime.

I hope we're disciplined enough to do it, but I doubt it.

What's your plan for next year? Roll with Brogdon? Do you sign Lopez, Mirotic, Hill?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks