ImageImage

Bucks 2019 Offseason Thread - News/Free Agency/Trades - Horst Signs Extension

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,533

Re: Bucks 2019 Offseason Thread - News/Free Agency/Trades - Horst Signs Extension 

Post#1921 » by raferfenix » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:50 pm

Khris Middleton is indeed an All-Star player...

Griffin is pursuing a combination of assets that include an All-Star player, a young player with All-Star potential and two first-round picks, league sources said. Those wants are on a sliding scale. For example, the better the player, the softer the requests on the draft picks -- and vice versa.

A sign and trade could only happen after the draft and if Middleton agrees which certainly hurts our chances.

That said, are there other All-Stars the Pelicans could have within their sights?

Lakers or Knicks can only offer 'All-Star potential' via their draft picks.

In theory if New Orleans badly wants to win now they might prefer Middleton. A combination of Wilson / Brown / DDV / 2019 pick could be added to the package too.

Of course a Middleton-based deal would be very short-sighted!

However, they are keeping Jrue Holiday per Woj, and Griffin + Pelicans ownership have a track record of making exactly those kind of decisions.
mlloyd10
General Manager
And1: 854

Re: Bucks 2019 Offseason Thread - News/Free Agency/Trades - Horst Signs Extension 

Post#1922 » by mlloyd10 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:56 pm

raferfenix wrote:Khris Middleton is indeed an All-Star player...

Griffin is pursuing a combination of assets that include an All-Star player, a young player with All-Star potential and two first-round picks, league sources said. Those wants are on a sliding scale. For example, the better the player, the softer the requests on the draft picks -- and vice versa.

A sign and trade could only happen after the draft and if Middleton agrees which certainly hurts our chances.

That said, are there other All-Stars the Pelicans could have within their sights?

In theory if New Orleans badly wants to win now they might prefer Middleton. A combination of Wilson / Brown / DDV / 2019 pick could be added to the package too.

However, they are keeping Jrue Holiday per Woj, and Griffin + Pelicans ownership have a track record of making exactly those kind of decisions.

Hayward/Tatum/14/20 for Davis/Hill
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1923 » by raferfenix » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:00 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Are we all sure it’s smart to keep Hill over Mirotic? I’m not. Think we could flip Niko for more down the line.

I think we need Hill more if we aren't getting another high caliber PG to cover for Bledsoe come playoff time.

Unfortunately relying on DDV seems pretty risky considering how little he played last year.

Mirotic I'm concerned steps on DJ Wilson's development. But if we are trading him or Ersan that isn't a concern of course.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,949

Post#1924 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:01 pm

raferfenix wrote:Khris Middleton is indeed an All-Star player...

Someone text this link to Griffin.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/5/3/18527999/jayson-tatum-khris-middleton-celtics-bucks
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#1925 » by Buck Dweller » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:07 pm

MLE for Hill seems quite low, as does $10M for Lopez. I could see them both getting double those figures.

Likely going to lose firepower here. Have to hope DDV and Wilson can slot in, or if we can find another bargain bin restoration like Pat C.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1926 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:08 pm

The “DJ’s development”angle is completely lost on me with any Mirotic discussion. Even if we lose Niko we’re going to need someone better than DJ in that role.
raferfenix
RealGM

Post#1927 » by raferfenix » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:11 pm

mlloyd10 wrote:Hayward/Tatum/14/20 for Davis/Hill

We can't beat that package if the Pelicans really value Hayward (which certainly is an 'if').

However Boston might not offer it if Kyrie is bailing.

Celtics also could be one of the trade scenarios that Griffin is looking at 3-team deals to consider.
Buck Dweller
Starter
And1: 988

Post#1928 » by Buck Dweller » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:20 pm

In hindsight you cant slam Mirotic for his playoff performance. With the injuries, he basically only had the Pistons series to get assimilated.

He may have the highest upside out of all of our FAs, barring Middleton. We need firepower for our half-court offense, he brings it. Those 30+ point games he had with NOP last year are exactly what Giannis needs.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,023

Post#1929 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:23 pm

I would love to have Niko back. Think he's the perfect big next to Giannis.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#1930 » by Licensed to Il » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:24 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I would love to have Niko back. Think he's the perfect big next to Giannis.

I wouldn’t want Niko as our 2nd option, but as a 3rd or 4rth he is as good as we will get.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,051

Post#1931 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:30 pm

raferfenix wrote:
Question: where is this scuttlebutt coming from?

Whispers behind the scenes or reporting or more broad deduction?

Eastside said this morning Middleton bought a house here just now. So his deal is probably done, waiting to be announced on June 30th.

And the dude above is telling us to take a Lopez deal to the bank.

Frankly both seem so logical, I'm rolling with them. And if they renounce Niko, they have the money to give Lopez so they don't low ball him.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,545

Post#1932 » by th87 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Yeah, I'm aboard the run it back train (if KD, Kawhi fail) with an eye on trading Bledsoe and/or Middleton as soon as possible.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#1933 » by blazza18 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:34 pm

Bring Mirotic back if the circumstances are right but I think it's pretty obvious he's not the "perfect" big next two Giannis.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#1934 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:35 pm

Speaking of Lopez if I were Griffin he'd be my number one FA target this summer. Seems like a great fit with Zion and good locker room vet for the youth the likely end up with in the Davis trade.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1935 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Wonder if the Spurs would do Snell and #30 for Bertans. Would save us about 3 mil and get a good rotation fit/Mirotic replacement.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,726

Post#1936 » by emunney » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:37 pm

Did you guys know Mirza bought MCW's house, and then sold it to Giannis?
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,726

Post#1937 » by emunney » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:39 pm

I just don't think there's necessarily a lot of subtext in NBA players buying houses.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#1938 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:41 pm

chonestown wrote:
GoBrewersGo wrote:Seems like it will be a pretty boring offseason for the Bucks

Sent from my SM-J727P using RealGM mobile app

Just another lazy summer in which 5 of the 9 rotation guys are currently without a contract, while possibly the greatest player in franchise history - who still hasn't reached his full powers - can explore unrestricted free agency in little more than 12 months. If only there was some present-day intrigue.

Technically Giannis isn't a free agent for 2 years. Although things get hairy if he doesn't commit to the super max next summer.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,545

Post#1939 » by th87 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 pm

I think Lopez returns. He doesn't strike me as someone to whom money is everything, and has a legit shot at winning big in a situation he likes and is responsible for his resurgence.

Concerned about his health though. Not sure how he got through this year without something here and there.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,517

Post#1940 » by PG Graveyard » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:42 pm

emunney wrote:Did you guys know Mirza bought MCW's house, and then sold it to Giannis?

This clearly means Giannis is signing the super max next summer.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks