Re: Eric Bledsoe Signs 4 year 70mil Extension, last yr only $3.9 guaranteed 

Post#401 » by Clemenza » Tue May 28, 2019 4:12 am

Buyers remorse
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#402 » by Plossum » Tue May 28, 2019 4:18 am

Still think this is a good deal despite what went down in the playoffs. Bled is very tradeable on this deal at a minimum. He’s an all nba defender despite the offensive limitations.
#LockUpChuck
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#403 » by glenn » Tue May 28, 2019 4:30 am

Wooderson wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:Bledsoe and Giannis should both be 1st team all defense

Let's hope Bled nabbing 1st team isn't the high point of the Bledsoe experience in Milwaukee.

I mean, that’s a pretty high point.
:reporter:
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,429

Post#404 » by blazza18 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:33 am

Plossum wrote:Still think this is a good deal despite what went down in the playoffs. Bled is very tradeable on this deal at a minimum. He’s an all nba defender despite the offensive limitations.

It's bad/good depending on how you look at it. We took a gamble on him being better than he was in the playoffs. He's still a not a great fit with Giannis in terms of spacing. But he's not getting paid outrageous money for an above average starter.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Plossum
General Manager

Post#405 » by Plossum » Tue May 28, 2019 12:17 pm

It’s a shame we don’t have a guy who is really good at running the PnR given how important it is in today’s league. It would make a world of difference in our half court set. Bled has his strengths but shooting and running the PnR aren’t in the quiver.
#LockUpChuck
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#406 » by ackypoo » Tue May 28, 2019 12:38 pm

maybe he takes the entire offseason to work on his shot?
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#407 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue May 28, 2019 9:07 pm

Plossum wrote:It’s a shame we don’t have a guy who is really good at running the PnR given how important it is in today’s league. It would make a world of difference in our half court set. Bled has his strengths but shooting and running the PnR aren’t in the quiver.

I'm pretty sure Bled was one of the most effective PnR point guards prior to coming here. We drastically cut back on the frequency, 26% this year vs 46% his last year in PHX, but not due to ineffectiveness. It's just how our offense operates. I've been pining for much more Bled/Giannis PnR action than is utilized.

EDIT: I'm admittedly a novice on the NBA stats website, but looks like the only starting PGs to average more PPP as PnR ball-handler were Lillard, Kemba, and Steph.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#408 » by Coach Carter » Wed May 29, 2019 8:06 am

So suited for the regular season, quite the opposite for the playoffs (at least against a top 4 side)
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#409 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Wed May 29, 2019 12:19 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:
Plossum wrote:It’s a shame we don’t have a guy who is really good at running the PnR given how important it is in today’s league. It would make a world of difference in our half court set. Bled has his strengths but shooting and running the PnR aren’t in the quiver.

I'm pretty sure Bled was one of the most effective PnR point guards prior to coming here. We drastically cut back on the frequency, 26% this year vs 46% his last year in PHX, but not due to ineffectiveness. It's just how our offense operates. I've been pining for much more Bled/Giannis PnR action than is utilized.

EDIT: I'm admittedly a novice on the NBA stats website, but looks like the only starting PGs to average more PPP as PnR ball-handler were Lillard, Kemba, and Steph.

we have players suited for all sorts of wonderful offensive looks we hardly use. I believe im going to become very annoyed at our offense in the years ahead once each playoffs start. I wont be fooled during the regular season again by it. until it works under playoff conditions im going to view it as a gimmick ill suited to winning when it matters. designed to get our worst ft shooter to the line and have a bunch of decent but not elite 3 pt shooters wildly chuck 3's of course we should be using players with different looks but we dont
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,861

Post#410 » by jschligs » Wed May 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Could be worse, we could be paying Jeff Teague $18m
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#411 » by TroyD92 » Wed May 29, 2019 12:57 pm

jschligs wrote:Could be worse, we could be paying Jeff Teague $18m

Could be paying Mike Conley 34 million.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#412 » by Bernman » Wed May 29, 2019 6:20 pm

TroyD92 wrote:

That would be better in our position because he'd actually help us win in the playoffs. Bledsoe hurts the Bucks in that goal. If they could package him w/ Snell, and maybe Ers; that would be a deal I'd seriously consider. But I don't think the Grizz would because Conley is also a borderline all-star w/ less flaws.

One I think is viable is Batum for Bled and Snell. Again, maybe paying Batum 25 million in the regular season is worse in a vacuum, but he'd help the Bucks win more in the postseason, while for the Hornets he'd help them win more in the regular seeing though he can actually be one of your team engines. Could be a logical replacement for them if they lose Kemba, possibly to us, compelling the move even more.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,085

Post#413 » by DingleJerry » Wed May 29, 2019 6:44 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:

This is true. I posted the data and articles several times last year complaining about we never run it. It felt like they still did it more this year, but still not to what I'd prefer. Sure, he's not a great shooter off it but he's a great attacker and Giannis if coached properly should be like Capela/Gobert/Jordan on steroids as a lob finisher. It also creates rotations by the D leading to swings/attacks from others. It definitely should be ran more, especially when things are bogged down a bit as we saw in the playoffs.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#414 » by bucksfansince88 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:26 am

This is the guy Giannis needs next to him consistently.

Edit: also Suki has completely transformed his body, i wonder how many pounds of muscle he’s put on, shot looked way more fluid in Phoenix compared to now

Plossum
General Manager

Post#415 » by Plossum » Thu May 30, 2019 5:31 am

Bernman wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

That would be better in our position because he'd actually help us win in the playoffs. Bledsoe hurts the Bucks in that goal. If they could package him w/ Snell, and maybe Ers; that would be a deal I'd seriously consider. But I don't think the Grizz would because Conley is also a borderline all-star w/ less flaws.

One I think is viable is Batum for Bled and Snell. Again, maybe paying Batum 25 million in the regular season is worse in a vacuum, but he'd help the Bucks win more in the postseason, while for the Hornets he'd help them win more in the regular seeing though he can actually be one of your team engines. Could be a logical replacement for them if they lose Kemba, possibly to us, compelling the move even more.

If we had Conley in the Raps series they would’ve had to actually guard the PG spot.
#LockUpChuck
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,431

Post#416 » by emunney » Thu May 30, 2019 5:34 am

bucksfansince88 wrote:This is the guy Giannis needs next to him consistently.

Edit: also Suki has completely transformed his body, i wonder how many pounds of muscle he’s put on, shot looked way more fluid in Phoenix compared to now

Good reminder that 2 years is half a lifetime in the NBA.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#417 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu May 30, 2019 1:04 pm

just like with middleton…. the system has castrated much of bledsoe repertoire.

kawhi feasted on us the way middleton and Bledsoe have been told they aren't allowed to play. we need to recognize that both our guys are going to look like **** from time to time because they cant put it on the floor and then take a shot that isnt a 3. I know if I had had a coach to told me to play that way I would have transferred my program
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#418 » by Triple 7 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:42 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I know if I had had a coach to told me to play that way I would have transferred my program

How's it going Thon?
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM

Post#419 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu May 30, 2019 11:06 pm

Triple 7 wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I know if I had had a coach to told me to play that way I would have transferred my program

How's it going Thon?

thons ideal way to play is kind of our style. he just sucks. but if your Durant or kawhi or derozen or butler or pretty much any allstar that takes a lot midrange plays and he plays for a coach who is militant about that not being the shot were looking for then how does that go for them?

i think khris and bled handled it a whole lot better than a lot of guys would have...... but to suggest it was easy or they didnt take a hit with numbers or confidence/mojo like they would have if theyd played the game the way theyve played their whole life just isn't thinking it thru. that had to be tough! when its not going good.....not to be able to go to the one shot they've been able to get their whole lives to loosen up the defense and rim has to feel awful to play that way.

again does Durant accept that? does kawhi? does any scorer really want to embrace that especially as theyre getting their lights punched out by guys coming down and doing it right back on them from that area of the floor?

there is no question they both left a lot on the table for what they could be doing vs what they just did. bled was more efficient this year than ever because he gave it up but in the playoffs once teams gameplanned he was pretty handcuffed. he and midds could have got a lot of midrange anytime they wanted but it just wasn't part of the game plan. id argue it should be. I really thought once the playoffs started we'd compromise a little. defenses change and you become really predictable if all you do is 1-2 things to try and get a shot
Dandridgefav
Junior
And1: 66

Post#420 » by Dandridgefav » Thu May 30, 2019 11:29 pm

I believe we hold " Bird Rights" for Mirotic - IF SO

Mirotic, Bledsoe, Snell, DVD - Charlotte - Kemba, Zeller

BUCKS BIG 3 = Giannis - Walker - Middleton

sign Hill for 2 yrs MLE

Walker / Hill
Brogdon / Connaughton / Sterling
Middleton /