PG Sixers: Season Over

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,444

Re: PG Sixers: Season Over 

Post#221 » by MrHoneycutt » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:40 am

highkick05 wrote:
TD75 wrote:A big factor in today's loss was the rebounds differential. Lopez needs to do a better job under the basket, and the same stands for the Bucks' guards.

Lopez just let Embiid play his game. I was a little upset watching Embiid get past Lopez that easily.

I mean let him shoot if you want but put a body in front of him, you're allowed to ffs

That was my thing too. Embiid hit some really tough shots and did what he does, but Brook had more than a few plays where he just didn't get in his grill enough while he drove to the hoop, and didn't get out to contest him at the 3-point line. I'm under no illusion that Splash Mountain can contain Embiid, but I would really hope the playoffs bring a different approach.
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,733

Post#222 » by brettski » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:13 am

paulpressey25 wrote:Wonder what Giannis tweet means. Niko maybe losing minutes?

Giannis out due to ankle?
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
MelbourneBuck
Junior
And1: 290

Post#223 » by MelbourneBuck » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:39 am

Pretty ridiculous what Giannis has been able to do against some of the league's best defenders in Embiid and Gobert. Could see him having a monster playoffs.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,669

Post#224 » by Kolkmania » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:46 am

Thought it was a fun game from a Sixers perspective at least. A seven-game series will be extremely close imo. Sixers are dependent on their high-end talent, whereas the Bucks rely on their offensive system around Giannis.
Losing Brogdon hurts, because it offers more playing time for Snell/Pat/Brown/DDV/etc. which are fine options to hide Redick on. On the defensive end it makes your rotation more vulnerable for mismatch hunting by Embiid, SImmons, Harris and Butler.

Glad that Giannis is fine, these kind of small roles lead to breaking a metatarsal quite often.
MelbourneBuck
Junior
And1: 290

Post#225 » by MelbourneBuck » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:05 am

Not sure how good the tracking is but according to the advanced box score on NBA.com Mirotic, Lopez, Middleton and Bledsoe went 13/39 on uncontested FGA.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#226 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:01 am

MelbourneBuck wrote:Not sure how good the tracking is but according to the advanced box score on NBA.com Mirotic, Lopez, Middleton and Bledsoe went 13/39 on uncontested FGA.

Certainly passes the eye test.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,778

Post#227 » by AussieBuck » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:02 am

MelbourneBuck wrote:Not sure how good the tracking is but according to the advanced box score on NBA.com Mirotic, Lopez, Middleton and Bledsoe went 13/39 on uncontested FGA.

That'll do it. Losing sucks and our general lack of available and playable guards also sucks but on the plus side this is the most recent record of the Put a C on Giannis and sag off strategy:

Gobert and co: played off the court Giannis 43/14/8
Embiid and friends: 52/16/7

Plus there's Jarret Allen and a few others in the graveyard. (he beat up Miami in their house too) That's the 33 minutes a game guy too, he'll play 40 or so in the playoffs. I like having an all-time type unguardable giant human playing on the Bucks.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,778

Post#228 » by AussieBuck » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:03 am

Middleton needs to practice taking open shots, he's got that Redd thing about him where he wants someone in his face. Ersan has kinda been coached out of it.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,279

Post#229 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:54 pm

brettski wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Wonder what Giannis tweet means. Niko maybe losing minutes?

Giannis out due to ankle?

That thought seems spot on. Absolutely zero reason why Giannis would RT that otherwise, along with commentary.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,758

Post#230 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:56 pm

I'm not sure "spot on" can said to be correct when Giannis completely and thoroughly dominated the game even after tweaking his ankle. Making a pretty large jump here to Giannis being out. It's absolutely possible he's just trying to keep his teammate's spirits up.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,279

Post#231 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:01 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:I'm not sure "spot on" can said to be correct when Giannis completely and thoroughly dominated the game even after tweaking his ankle. Making a pretty large jump here to Giannis being out. It's absolutely possible he's just trying to keep his teammate's spirits up.

Sure, but sprains like that usually don't develop into a problem until 24 hours later. Just makes no sense why the team leader sends out a tweet to a bench scrub that his time is now.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,338

Post#232 » by crkone » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:17 pm

https://stats.nba.com/game/0021801043/matchups/?OFF_PLAYER_ID=&DEF_PLAYER_ID=203114

Matchups data:

Reminder:

Matchup possessions are attributed to the player vs. player matchup that occurred for the longest number of seconds on the possession.

...so take that how you wish.

Khris had a decent defensive game according to Second Spectrum data. Jimmy scored 12 points on 40% shooting on Mids, while Embiid got two FTs from him and Scott hit that 3 over Khris.

Giannis had a pretty bad defensive game, allowing 9 of 11 shooting to 6 players for 21 points.

Bledsoe allowed 7 of 12 shooting for 19 points to Jimmy, Redick, and McConnell.

Lopez did an admirable job on Embiid, allowing 44% shooting, 3 of 11 on 3s.

Offensively, Bledsoe and Mirotic were a mess.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,758

Post#233 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:20 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I'm not sure "spot on" can said to be correct when Giannis completely and thoroughly dominated the game even after tweaking his ankle. Making a pretty large jump here to Giannis being out. It's absolutely possible he's just trying to keep his teammate's spirits up.

Sure, but sprains like that usually don't develop into a problem until 24 hours later. Just makes no sense why the team leader sends out a tweet to a bench scrub that his time is now.

They have a spot for the rest of the season, and Wood offers insurance in case it does get worse.

There's no way Giannis knew an hour after the game he'd be out. You yourself just said they don't usually develop into a problem for up to 24 hours later.

We're jumping to conclusions. If it comes to be then it comes to be. It's just pointless speculation right now. Which is fine, but I refute it being "spot on."
highkick05
Senior
And1: 86

Post#234 » by highkick05 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:34 pm

MrHoneycutt wrote:
highkick05 wrote:
TD75 wrote:A big factor in today's loss was the rebounds differential. Lopez needs to do a better job under the basket, and the same stands for the Bucks' guards.

Lopez just let Embiid play his game. I was a little upset watching Embiid get past Lopez that easily.

I mean let him shoot if you want but put a body in front of him, you're allowed to ffs

That was my thing too. Embiid hit some really tough shots and did what he does, but Brook had more than a few plays where he just didn't get in his grill enough while he drove to the hoop, and didn't get out to contest him at the 3-point line. I'm under no illusion that Splash Mountain can contain Embiid, but I would really hope the playoffs bring a different approach.

Embiid stepped around him far too easily when he went to the rack. This is where Lopez should be chesting him, but I saw ZERO physicality.

Yeah come playoffs, at least needs to be a few bumps on the big guy to let him know we're there. Perhaps even force him into doubles, or his unpreferred direction. He is way too slow to dominate games. I have watched quite a few games because of Simmons and Embiid hass never played as good as I saw him against US this game. He cleaned up on everything lol was nuts.
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#235 » by truly » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Something that hasn't been mentioned is Embiid's conditioning.I don't think the guy can play high minutes in the playoffs.He didn't seem willing to take so many 3s but he probably gets tired banging down low,so he had to in order to preserve energy.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#236 » by skones » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:53 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

Sprains absolutely develop into a problem later on. I don't know how many times I've rolled an ankle, gone back out and played only to wake up the next morning with the thing swelled up like a balloon.

I think Giannis is fine, but sprains can sneak up on you in a big way. Just think Giannis is supporting a teammate.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,631

Post#237 » by JayMKE » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Mirotic doesn't seem much better to me than Teletovic, if he's not hitting his shot he's pretty much worthless. DJ to me seems like an easily better player who should see the floor more the Nikola or Pau at this point.
FREE GIANNIS
highkick05
Senior
And1: 86

Post#238 » by highkick05 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:52 pm

crkone wrote:https://stats.nba.com/game/0021801043/matchups/?OFF_PLAYER_ID=&DEF_PLAYER_ID=203114

Matchups data:

Reminder:

Matchup possessions are attributed to the player vs. player matchup that occurred for the longest number of seconds on the possession.

...so take that how you wish.

Khris had a decent defensive game according to Second Spectrum data. Jimmy scored 12 points on 40% shooting on Mids, while Embiid got two FTs from him and Scott hit that 3 over Khris.

Giannis had a pretty bad defensive game, allowing 9 of 11 shooting to 6 players for 21 points.

Bledsoe allowed 7 of 12 shooting for 19 points to Jimmy, Redick, and McConnell.

Lopez did an admirable job on Embiid, allowing 44% shooting, 3 of 11 on 3s.

Offensively, Bledsoe and Mirotic were a mess.

This needs to get sorted. I'm not totally angry at Bledsoe, but Mirotic needs to be a starter now.

No f*cking around big Miro. Guy needs to be deadset ready to play from 0 minutes or sit down and let someone else play.

If that ball gets swung to him , he needs to be dropping shots 50% of the time
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,631

Post#239 » by JayMKE » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:56 pm

Embiid hit some crazy shots, took a ton of wide open 3s with nobody contesting, I think it definitely was an outlier game. He's a great player but not somebody I'm particularly afraid of shutting done the paint to us. If we're going to dare guys to shoot then we got to grab those long rebounds, felt like Philly got every one.
FREE GIANNIS
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,821

Post#240 » by SirChurros » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 pm

Man, Sixers fans are really pounding their chest after this win.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks