ImageImage

PG Sixers: Season Over

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Re: PG Sixers: Season Over 

Post#261 » by mattg » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:15 pm

emunney wrote:Some of those could be miscommunications... like when Khris is icing the screen with no help behind him, somebody is in the wrong coverage, but it's not clear who.

Khris routinely going back multiple seasons does inexplicable **** defensively. He loves to switch for virtually no reason (unless youd want to argue that he is just lazy and doesn’t want to chase guys around screens, because he physically cannot, that’s something I can get behind). When there’s miscommunications on court with coverages based on what I’ve seen for almost 3 years I do not give Khris the benefit of the doubt. And honestly anyone who watches the dude defensively and still wants to give him the benefit of the doubt, just I don’t know. I don’t think I have anything basketball related to discuss with them anymore.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#262 » by DrWood » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Bernman wrote:Bucks did really got hurt on the boards. Gave up extra shots and couldn't get out in transition early. Also there was a reduction in deflections to aid in that area + get stops.

I think these may be the areas where the losses of Brogdon and DiVincenzo hurt the team the most. You can go bigger, but you're going to lose the ability to harry players into bad shots later in the clock, get your hands on the basketball to get out, and yes probably get worse on the boards even.

If Mirotic is out guarding someone behind the line he's not going to be able to dart down and gang rebound in time. Neither is Middleton if you move him down to the 2.

Meanwhile, that's a strength of DiVincenzo and Brogdon. Even if they don't get the board directly, they often get their hands on it. Important when you have somebody who can't jump and doesn't go after boards like Brook. The value of the role our combo guards play in the system is underrated. And I don't know if there's awareness of it here, but DiVo is #2 on the team in +/- per minute behind just Giannis. Dude is an x-factor, if he's hitting shots or not. Even more so when he is. And if Brogdon is going to be out, we need him in there or we'll probably feel it.

I don't think big ball is the answer w/out Brogdon. Start Hill w/ Bled as combo guards (best version you'll get now), quick hook Hill for DiVo when it's not working (+ DiVo is available), and have Mirotic be the 6th man again. Cutting off our nose to spite our face with this role for him.

Pat C. is the best rebounder among our wings.
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#263 » by DrWood » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:52 pm

TD75 wrote:A big factor in today's loss was the rebounds differential. Lopez needs to do a better job under the basket, and the same stands for the Bucks' guards.

That's not Lopez's game. He doesn't get a ton of rebounds. He blocks out and Giannis and the others get the boards.
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#264 » by har13 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:14 pm

Man, is Snell really invisible ?

My stream wasn't the best last night and i only found out that he played when i went to see the box score, in his last 2 games he played 19 and only took 1 shot scoring zero points ( i know the correct is to say that he didn't score at all)
Last nlight stats 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ( at least save me the trouble to explain his stats further by using pts, reb.. ) not even a foul or a turnover lol..
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,427

Post#265 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oops
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,733

Post#266 » by brettski » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:25 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
brettski wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Wonder what Giannis tweet means. Niko maybe losing minutes?

Giannis out due to ankle?

That thought seems spot on. Absolutely zero reason why Giannis would RT that otherwise, along with commentary.

Well... I was wrong.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753

Return to Milwaukee Bucks