OT: Out of State Wisconsin Sports Coverage / Speakers

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReddRum
Veteran
And1: 465
Location: Waiting for a superstar to awaken the city of Milwaukee

OT: Out of State Wisconsin Sports Coverage / Speakers 

Post#1 » by ReddRum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:23 pm

MD and PP - if you can please allow this up for a couple of hours until I get an answer, that would be awesome! Just trying to get set up to watch the Brewers game on Thursday.

Guys, I just moved form Wisconsin to Florida and need to get setup to watch the Brewers, Bucks, and Packers. Right now I have Direct TV Now and Apple TV but will only get the local FL games on Direct TV Now the rep said.

I want to watch them in my office (but other tvs too). My first line of business is what speakers to get for an independent monitor (not hooked up to my work laptop as my work laptop is already maxed out with 3 monitors), and I have an extra monitor I want to use but it only has HDMI ports in the back. Can I get speakers that have HDMI ports in the back that I can just hook up directly to this monitor? Right now I have a picture with no sound. If so which speakers do you recommend? If this won't work any recommendations to get this monitor up and running or am I better off just buying an actual TV for my office?

2nd line of business: What is the most cost effective way to be able to watch all Brewers, Bucks, Packers games in Florida?? So far I have found that the MLB Package with all out of market games is $119 for the season. is this my best option? What would you recommend for the Bucks and Packers games?

Thanks guys!!!

Huge game tonight - Fear The Deer!
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Re: OT: Out of State Wisconsin Sports Coverage / Speakers 

Post#2 » by tski1972 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:31 pm

can you download the FOX Sports app?
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#3 » by ReddRum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:38 pm

I'm guessing that would work for Tampa Bay Rays games through my Direct TV NOW subscription but not sure it would work for Brewers games...
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Big baby ass Derozan tosses the ball in the stands and gets and gets his sorry a-- tossed. Cross him off our list of players to target.

Ejected with only two games left in your season.What immature nut...Grow up and just play.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,482

Post#4 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:41 pm

If you have TMobile, MLB.TV is free so you can watch the Crew whenever and wherever.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#5 » by crkone » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:49 pm

Are there VPNs that route through SE Wisconsin? You could set that up in your router so the apps think you're in WI.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#6 » by ReddRum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:51 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:If you have TMobile, MLB.TV is free so you can watch the Crew whenever and wherever.

Damn! That's awesome but I have Verizon!

ReddRum
Veteran

Post#7 » by ReddRum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:52 pm

crkone wrote:Are there VPNs that route through SE Wisconsin? You could set that up in your router so the apps think you're in WI.

Not sure about that. I am not quite that tech savvy, but until we find a house down here we are staying at my wife's grandfathers house so its his router...

DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#8 » by DingleJerry » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:45 pm

If you have any friends back in WI ask for their login info so you can just use their Fox Sports apps. Toss them a few dollars every once in awhile. That has to be the easiest and cheapest way.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,651

Post#9 » by TroyD92 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:53 pm

ReddRum wrote:
crkone wrote:Are there VPNs that route through SE Wisconsin? You could set that up in your router so the apps think you're in WI.

Not sure about that. I am not quite that tech savvy, but until we find a house down here we are staying at my wife's grandfathers house so its his router...

A VPN can be set up from your computer. It’ll have no effect on his router. There’s tons of free and paid ones. The paid ones are 100% worth it and I couldn’t recommend it enough
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
crkone
RealGM

Post#10 » by crkone » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:54 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
ReddRum wrote:

A VPN can be set up from your computer. It’ll have no effect on his router. There’s tons of free and paid ones. The paid ones are 100% worth it and I couldn’t recommend it enough

I mentioned that in case he has a smart TV.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,651

Post#11 » by TroyD92 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:56 pm

crkone wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
ReddRum wrote:

Yeah didn’t read very carefully lol. Still my point stands and it’s very valuable.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,015

Post#12 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:00 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
crkone wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

Yeah didn’t read very carefully lol. Still my point stands and it’s very valuable.

A VPN can pretty easily be set up on a compatible router. It'll impact all devices connected to it.
crkone
RealGM

Post#13 » by crkone » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:01 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
crkone wrote:

A VPN can pretty easily be set up on a compatible router. It'll impact all devices connected to it.

My wife always wonders why websites are always in German.

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#14 » by ReddRum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:08 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
crkone wrote:

How do I set up a VPN? There is well beyond me... LOL

ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#15 » by ackypoo » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:28 pm

ReddRum wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:

every set up is going to be different and theres no way someones just going to be able to explain it to you in a quick post on this forum.

time to put google and yourself to work if you wanna get it done.
ReddRum
Veteran

Post#16 » by ReddRum » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:47 pm

ackypoo wrote:
ReddRum wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

every set up is going to be different and theres no way someones just going to be able to explain it to you in a quick post on this forum.

Fair enough. I think I'm just going to trade my monitor in and buy a 40 inch Smart TV. Are Insignia TVS any good (I can get a 40 inch Smart TV for $149) or pay the extra $80 and go with LG at the $230 price point? Then I will just pay the $92 (Brewers games only) or $119 (all out of market MLB games) and just stream them through Apple TV. 57 cents a game seems like a decent deal... Not ideal just not sure I have time to figure out this VPN stuff. I have 2 little girls and work 55 hours per week... Any more suggestions would be welcomed and much appreciated. Thanks again for your time guys!

MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Post#17 » by MAC1987 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:12 pm

ReddRum wrote:
ackypoo wrote:
ReddRum wrote:

Fair enough. I think I'm just going to trade my monitor in and buy a 40 inch Smart TV. Are Insignia TVS any good (I can get a 40 inch Smart TV for $149) or pay the extra $80 and go with LG at the $230 price point? Then I will just pay the $92 (Brewers games only) or $119 (all out of market MLB games) and just stream them through Apple TV. 57 cents a game seems like a decent deal... Not ideal just not sure I have time to figure out this VPN stuff. I have 2 little girls and work 55 hours per week... Any more suggestions would be welcomed and much appreciated. Thanks again for your time guys!

As DingleJerry said above, do you have anyone you know in WI? If yes login to their foxsportsgo account.
oliv_88
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#18 » by oliv_88 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:56 am

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#19 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:12 pm

MLB.TV will be discounted for Mother's Day, if you are okay waiting until then. They've had Mother's Day discounts the past 5+ years, so I can't imagine they wouldn't again.

I do not know exactly what the discount will be, but if you're really trying to go as inexpensive as possible it's probably worth waiting.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#20 » by bucksfansince88 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:20 pm

I live in Seattle now and catch all the Bucks games that arent nationally televised on the NBA App the single team subscription was under 20 bucks/month.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks