ImageImage

Media Thread - No more Sparky hosting postgame show, pg. 10

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,293
And1: 7,175
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#141 » by Matches Malone » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:47 pm

Seeing a lot of love for telly. What did you guys like about him so much? Seems like a fine person (I heard he loves his weed) but I didn't think he was all that impressive on the camera or during interviews.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
User avatar
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
Posts: 18,061
And1: 3,617
Joined: Jan 31, 2006
Contact:
 

Re: Media Thread 

Post#142 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:51 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Seeing a lot of love for telly. What did you guys like about him so much? Seems like a fine person (I heard he loves his weed) but I didn't think he was all that impressive on the camera or during interviews.



I don't get it either. He was the real life version of Perd Hapley (Parks & Rec).

Telly never was able to deliver smooth sounding sentences, he was always searching for words and sounding awkward.

I don't have any concerns that Bucks org. would just bring back Telly though. He had his time. That time is over.

He's a good guy, but he should've been better at what he was doing for how many years he was here.
jakecronus8
RealGM
Posts: 13,658
And1: 5,132
Joined: Feb 06, 2006
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#143 » by jakecronus8 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 1:56 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:Seeing a lot of love for telly. What did you guys like about him so much? Seems like a fine person (I heard he loves his weed) but I didn't think he was all that impressive on the camera or during interviews.



I don't get it either. He was the real life version of Perd Hapley (Parks & Rec).


:lol:

I honestly think Telly being so terrible is what made him endearing to a lot of people. Like Jim Rome often says, give me an A or give me a F. The in between stuff is forgettable.
Read on Twitter


Hardcore Bucks fan podcast. @BuckLifePodcast on Twitter. Available on iTunes, Stitcher, and YouTube.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,184
And1: 8,460
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: Media Thread 

Post#144 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:22 pm

chonestown wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:I’m all in for a Sir Sidney rekindling. My man said wild, wild things and I loved it.


My man, Sid was my fave Buck of all time pre-Giannis, but his time on the mic reduced him to mortal status in my eyes. With that said, dunk shot is a legendary call. Deserves to be right up there with Mac 14's pop-up zone and grilled cheese.


Haha Sidney was truly on another plane of existence as a color commentator.
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 55,211
And1: 14,236
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#145 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:37 pm

Always interesting to follow Steve Kyler on twitter this time of year. 100 tweets per hour and half of them replying to questions asking why he never is able to break news like Woj or Shams.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
Treebeard
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,467
And1: 963
Joined: Jun 17, 2009
Location: Out in the Driftless Area
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#146 » by Treebeard » Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:07 pm

An absolute hard no to a Telly return. He may be a wonderful guy, but he is a turrible interviewer and commentator. Perd Hapley is the perfect comparison.

Sid had frequent odd comments, but he was a better commentator than Novak.
*******************************************************
User avatar
MoreTrife
Analyst
Posts: 3,161
And1: 763
Joined: Jun 14, 2014
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#147 » by MoreTrife » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:11 am

Commenter wrote:
MoreTrife wrote:You don't want to work here in Milwaukee Katie?!? Well forget you!!!


i mean, it's not really a big deal, man.


I was joking. Obviously.
User avatar
theFireBlanket
Head Coach
Posts: 6,685
And1: 1,238
Joined: Feb 23, 2011

Re: Media Thread 

Post#148 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jul 1, 2019 12:14 am

Gery as the sideline reporter had me laughing a good while. That's a disaster I'd love watching. Comedic gold.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,184
And1: 8,460
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: Media Thread 

Post#149 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:27 am

Gery, for all his faults, has absolutely wiped the floor with the competition so far this summer.
User avatar
StickeeFingaz
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,314
And1: 2,222
Joined: Jul 12, 2009
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#150 » by StickeeFingaz » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:28 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Gery, for all his faults, has absolutely wiped the floor with the competition so far this summer.


Yup, gotta give props where it's due.
User avatar
blazza18
RealGM
Posts: 40,591
And1: 15,464
Joined: Dec 02, 2010
       

Re: Media Thread 

Post#151 » by blazza18 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:30 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Gery, for all his faults, has absolutely wiped the floor with the competition so far this summer.


It's interesting when you consider he's the only one the Bucks are publicly not friendly with.
trwi7 wrote:Ban yourself you asshole.
User avatar
DavidDunn21
Rookie
Posts: 1,151
And1: 991
Joined: Nov 19, 2014
   

Re: Media Thread 

Post#152 » by DavidDunn21 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:44 am

Gery is everything people say, but it also seems he's the only dude who knows he isn't a team employee

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app
Image
User avatar
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
Posts: 55,211
And1: 14,236
Joined: Oct 27, 2002
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#153 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:47 am

Gery again didn’t have all the details, but he got out there the Brogdon sign and trade a couple minutes before anyone else. He was working tonight.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 23,082
And1: 4,589
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: Media Thread 

Post#154 » by crkone » Mon Jul 1, 2019 1:50 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:Gery, for all his faults, has absolutely wiped the floor with the competition so far this summer.
Nobody does what he does. He's his own competition.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
User avatar
theFireBlanket
Head Coach
Posts: 6,685
And1: 1,238
Joined: Feb 23, 2011

Re: Media Thread 

Post#155 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:24 am

Nothing to do with him scooping up info. Still a awkward ass guy to trot out for sideline reporting during broadcasts. Especially as an outsider trying to be a rabble rouser with his takes.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,184
And1: 8,460
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: Media Thread 

Post#156 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jul 1, 2019 3:50 am

theFireBlanket wrote:Nothing to do with him scooping up info. Still a awkward ass guy to trot out for sideline reporting during broadcasts. Especially as an outsider trying to be a rabble rouser with his takes.


Hahah no doubt, that was a joke.
User avatar
RiotPunch
RealGM
Posts: 16,154
And1: 4,601
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Location: LA
Contact:
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#157 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:47 am

New SVP & Russillo pod today and I'm in **** nostalgia heaven.
Image
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
talbert
Sophomore
Posts: 165
And1: 106
Joined: Mar 30, 2018
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#158 » by talbert » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:46 pm

RiotPunch wrote:New SVP & Russillo pod today and I'm in **** nostalgia heaven.


I can't stand when they team back up. Their dynamic makes me uncomfortable. SVP is just way too full of himself and it feels like it's expected that Ryen take a back seat and co-pilot. It also feels like SVP expects Ryen to worship the ground he walks on because he got Ryen the job.

Two unpopular opinions:
1. SVP is a selfish, spoiled brat, and ultimately kinda a bad dude.
2. Russillo and Kanell was the best Ryen Russillo radio show.
User avatar
RiotPunch
RealGM
Posts: 16,154
And1: 4,601
Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Location: LA
Contact:
     

Re: Media Thread 

Post#159 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:10 pm

talbert wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:New SVP & Russillo pod today and I'm in **** nostalgia heaven.


I can't stand when they team back up. Their dynamic makes me uncomfortable. SVP is just way too full of himself and it feels like it's expected that Ryen take a back seat and co-pilot. It also feels like SVP expects Ryen to worship the ground he walks on because he got Ryen the job.

Two unpopular opinions:
1. SVP is a selfish, spoiled brat, and ultimately kinda a bad dude.
2. Russillo and Kanell was the best Ryen Russillo radio show.

I don't get the bolded at all. I listen to pretty much everything Russillo puts out and SVP & Russillo is probably nearest and dearest to my heart. To each his own though.
Image
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Bucksfan28
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,961
And1: 1,940
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: Media Thread 

Post#160 » by Bucksfan28 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:17 pm

I've never gotten the sense that SVP expected Ryen to worship him. The little bit that I caught so far this morning, SVP seems to genuinely admire him. If anything, it's Ryen who goes a little too fan-girly over SVP sometimes.

But anyways, yea, Russillo has become probably my second favorite guy to listen to behind Simmons. I hope they get back to regularly teaming up when the season starts.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks