ImageImage

PG: Bucks Cruise in 2nd Half, Go Up 2-0

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Re: PG: Bucks Cruise in 2nd Half, Go Up 2-0 

Post#141 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:36 pm

emunney wrote:By the way I did not wake up today with a Marshall Plumlee is better than Andre Drummond take in the chamber.

I think Marshall Plumlee quit basketball? He could definitely be getting paid somewhere.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,978

Post#142 » by Badgerlander » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:42 pm

emunney wrote:
You can hear him suck from the moon, bruh.

I cackled when he tried the 8’ one handed floater/push shot (I can’t remember who was between him and the rim but I think it was a guard

Gfycat Video - Click to Play
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#143 » by worthlessBucks » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 pm

Bledsoe coming in for the backside rebound putback with Drummond right there w/ no boxout said a lot. Pistons were still hanging around and a stop there..mabye they only lose by 19.
Go Bucks!
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,606

Post#144 » by Balls2TheWalls » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:03 pm

emunney wrote:
Brewhoopfan wrote:Andre led the league in rebounding at 15.6/game this year. His career average 13.7 which ranks him 5th all-time behind Wes Unseld. He just had an 18 point / 16 rebound game. I'm not a fan of his game, and he would be a terrible fit for the Bucks, but calling him useless is misinformed hyperbole.

You can hear him suck from the moon, bruh.

He's got some of that Jay Cutler clearing clogged milk ducts suck in him.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#145 » by buckboy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:53 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:Bledsoe coming in for the backside rebound putback with Drummond right there w/ no boxout said a lot. Pistons were still hanging around and a stop there..mabye they only lose by 19.

That play was embarrassing. I told my wife that I was looking forward to watching that on the DVR when I got home.

Dude is wasting a huge talent.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#146 » by JayMKE » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:50 am

Unless Mirotic shows something soon it's going to hard to justify retaining him in the summer, even if he does get hot 1 game we need more consistency to keep putting him out there over more rounded players in those situations. Got 2 more games against Detroit, now is the time to break out of that funk.

Drummond has always had all the natural talent in the world to be great, even half assing it he puts up big box scores but just doesn't have a lot of heart. I wouldn't call him useless, in the right situation he could be a good piece but not as the marquee player as he is in Detroit.
FREE GIANNIS
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#147 » by soxperry » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:30 am

They are giving out free money!

Bucks at -8.5 for game 3.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#148 » by soxperry » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:33 am

Balls2TheWalls wrote:
emunney wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
If he was FA how much would he fetch on the market? I wouldn't want to pay him anything close to the full MLE.

I wouldn't pay him at all. Useless. He's a big body who doesn't do the big body stuff and just chases the ball, doesn't work for deep position on offense, sets half-assed screens, only attacks the rim when it's a sure thing, puts up way too much junk from 8 feet, can't pass, and so on. He's got great hands and is still a phenomenal overall athlete but does nothing important with it that couldn't be done by Marshall Plumlee, who would also set screens and box out. You would be signing him because he *should* be better, which is a very scary reason to pay someone.

Agreed. He is Brook Lopez without the 3 point shot or any refinement to his post up game. You can't use a guy in today's NBA that is useless from outside of 4 feet offensively.

I was watching him pre game before most of the other players were on the court. He was almost exclusively perched behind the 3 point line and he was making a lot of shots. Then the game comes and he doesn't look at all comfortable back there, and badly misses the one he takes. I wondered if he was working on the shot so that he could be more marketable as a free agent at some point.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,584

Post#149 » by JayMKE » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:04 am

soxperry wrote:
Balls2TheWalls wrote:
emunney wrote:
I wouldn't pay him at all. Useless. He's a big body who doesn't do the big body stuff and just chases the ball, doesn't work for deep position on offense, sets half-assed screens, only attacks the rim when it's a sure thing, puts up way too much junk from 8 feet, can't pass, and so on. He's got great hands and is still a phenomenal overall athlete but does nothing important with it that couldn't be done by Marshall Plumlee, who would also set screens and box out. You would be signing him because he *should* be better, which is a very scary reason to pay someone.

Agreed. He is Brook Lopez without the 3 point shot or any refinement to his post up game. You can't use a guy in today's NBA that is useless from outside of 4 feet offensively.

I was watching him pre game before most of the other players were on the court. He was almost exclusively perched behind the 3 point line and he was making a lot of shots. Then the game comes and he doesn't look at all comfortable back there, and badly misses the one he takes. I wondered if he was working on the shot so that he could be more marketable as a free agent at some point.

I dunno, I remember watching Dan Gadzuric do the same thing before games :lol:
FREE GIANNIS
TaterTots
Junior
And1: 103

Post#150 » by TaterTots » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:04 am

Matches Malone wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:Love this team so much.

OT: Anyone know who the Australian reporter is during Bud’s press conferences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kane Pitman

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus

lol i always read his twitter handle as mke buck sauce and just now realized it is mke bucks aus :lol:
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,618

Post#151 » by Matches Malone » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:10 pm

TaterTots wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:Love this team so much.

OT: Anyone know who the Australian reporter is during Bud’s press conferences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kane Pitman

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus

lol i always read his twitter handle as mke buck sauce and just now realized it is mke bucks aus :lol:

I still read it as buck sauce even though I know it's bucks aus :lol:
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,096

Post#152 » by MissKhriddleton » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:17 pm

soxperry wrote:They are giving out free money!

Bucks at -8.5 for game 3.

Too easy, what is going on. Same wity GSW last night.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#153 » by drew881 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:37 pm

JayMKE wrote:Unless Mirotic shows something soon it's going to hard to justify retaining him in the summer, even if he does get hot 1 game we need more consistency to keep putting him out there over more rounded players in those situations. Got 2 more games against Detroit, now is the time to break out of that funk.

Drummond has always had all the natural talent in the world to be great, even half assing it he puts up big box scores but just doesn't have a lot of heart. I wouldn't call him useless, in the right situation he could be a good piece but not as the marquee player as he is in Detroit.

DJ can do all that big man stuff and can shoot the three, but he can’t shoot the deep 3 like Lopez and Mirotic can. If Mirotic can get his shooting form back he can anchor out their defense well beyond the arc and let our guys drive in.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#154 » by TroyD92 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Wonder what kind of support the Pistons will get in game three. I doubt those are hot tickets.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#155 » by DingleJerry » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:11 pm

This series is like preseason for Niko. Good practice to get back in the flow and hopefully it pays off next series with a hot streak to win a game. Too bad Brogdon can't get a game or two in here too
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#156 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:15 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Wonder what kind of support the Pistons will get in game three. I doubt those are hot tickets.

A guy at my Thursday night pickup game was able to land seats 10 rows behind the Bucks bench for under $100 a ticket. Also booked a hotel downtown for $85. The towel is officially thrown in. I mean, can you even blame Pistons fans? This is the biggest mismatch in the postseason.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,048

Post#157 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:51 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Wonder what kind of support the Pistons will get in game three. I doubt those are hot tickets.

We've been there. That's why I'm enjoying this series so much. In 2004 and 2006 it was pretty much a given the blowout was coming and a 4-0 or at best 4-1 series loss incoming.

So nice to be on the other side of the coin here.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#158 » by EastSideBucksFan » Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:10 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:

A guy at my Thursday night pickup game was able to land seats 10 rows behind the Bucks bench for under $100 a ticket. Also booked a hotel downtown for $85. The towel is officially thrown in. I mean, can you even blame Pistons fans? This is the biggest mismatch in the postseason.

I looked up flights just for fun, if it was cheap, could've considered going to Detroit for Monday night.

$550 was the cheapest flight I found from MKE-DET. Yeeeesh.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#159 » by TroyD92 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:26 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

I looked up flights just for fun, if it was cheap, could've considered going to Detroit for Monday night.

$550 was the cheapest flight I found from MKE-DET. Yeeeesh.

Damn. Chicago to Detroit is probably cheaper, but that's a bit of a drive for the Milwaukee living folks.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks