ImageImage

Round 2 Lead Up - Celtics on Deck - Game 1 Sunday Noon - Full Schedule Released Page 18

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Re: Round 2 Lead Up - Celtics on Deck - Game 1 Sunday Noon - Full Schedule Released Page 18 

Post#541 » by BuckHole » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:05 pm

Two days, mo-fos!!!
Madison resident here. I’m considering BW3s in Monona to view the game. I’ll be the guy with his shirt off.
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,193

Re: Round 2 Lead Up - Celtics on Deck - Game 1 Sunday Noon - Full Schedule Released Page 18 

Post#542 » by skones » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 pm

ackypoo wrote:
crkone wrote:This was in the Nylon Calculus article I posted but this chart shows Kyrie's assists. He just does not kick out passes. I mean he is an excellent finisher but having two DPOY level help shot blockers, or one if Brook/Giannis are switching, does not bode well for him.

Spoiler:

which means we are going to see him shoot a lot of ft's in this series.

He averaged .7 FTA per contest against Milwaukee this season.....
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,457

Post#543 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:48 pm

I don't like the delay either but I'm thrilled Giannis has had the week off.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,816

Post#544 » by Prez » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:51 pm

Cool, so more flopping

Read on Twitter
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#545 » by crkone » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:04 pm

Prez wrote:Cool, so more flopping

Read on Twitter

Like Giannis isn't aware of this. They'll get one game that the refs call all the flops and then the next game Boston will be whining about the flops not being called.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#546 » by aboveAverage » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 pm

I hope the refs see through that BS, like what Drummond and Griffin were trying in the Det series. Blatant flopping and hacking is the only way to stop Giannis. Flopping should be reviewable and punishable by technical fouls. It's stupid that against great players, it's basically a low risk situation for the defender. Make it like yellow cards in soccer after dives.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,335

Post#547 » by crkone » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:15 pm

I think the best bet is to get Giannis going by doing some cutting to start the game and not his drive and kick game. Draw some off-ball fouls or fouls on cuts instead of defenders being prepared for him.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#548 » by hege53190 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter

I just hope the refs are smart enough to see the flops and let them play.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,484

Post#549 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:21 pm

crkone wrote:I think the best bet is to get Giannis going by doing some cutting to start the game and not his drive and kick game. Draw some off-ball fouls or fouls on cuts instead of defenders being prepared for him.

Love this.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#550 » by jmart762 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:29 pm

I'm with you. That one flop by Drummond sticks out. Idr if it was called or not, but it would be great to hear the whistle and then the ref immediately goes over and Ts him up while he's still laying on the ground.
aboveAverage wrote:I hope the refs see through that BS, like what Drummond and Griffin were trying in the Det series. Blatant flopping and hacking is the only way to stop Giannis. Flopping should be reviewable and punishable by technical fouls. It's stupid that against great players, it's basically a low risk situation for the defender. Make it like yellow cards in soccer after dives.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,701

Post#551 » by TroyD92 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:55 pm

jmart762 wrote:I'm with you. That one flop by Drummond sticks out. Idr if it was called or not, but it would be great to hear the whistle and then the ref immediately goes over and Ts him up while he's still laying on the ground.
aboveAverage wrote:I hope the refs see through that BS, like what Drummond and Griffin were trying in the Det series. Blatant flopping and hacking is the only way to stop Giannis. Flopping should be reviewable and punishable by technical fouls. It's stupid that against great players, it's basically a low risk situation for the defender. Make it like yellow cards in soccer after dives.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

I think they let that disgusting double flop by Drummond and Blake go.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,956

Post#552 » by soxperry » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:06 pm

BuckHole wrote:Two days, mo-fos!!!
Madison resident here. I’m considering BW3s in Monona to view the game. I’ll be the guy with his shirt off.

As a former madison and monona resident, why would you leave madison to go to monona. I realize it not far, but the difference is significant.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,901

Post#553 » by jschligs » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:10 pm

Detroits flopping was egregious. I'm hoping the officiating crew is getting tape on the first series and is being warned to watch for it.

It was almost disgusting to see how many times Thon or anyone else was literally falling over backwards before contact was even initiated. There should absolutely be a review after games for blatant flops. I think fines would be first, then techs/suspensions if its consistent. We'll never see it happen though.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#554 » by Ayt » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:39 pm

I'm not too worried about offensive fouls. Giannis got a lot better at avoiding them as the year progressed.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,185

Post#555 » by AntetokounmBros » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:47 pm

Read on Twitter

I forgot if I actually posted it or not, but that’s exactly what I’ve been expecting from them. They’ll try sticking to the shooters and putting someone on Giannis who will poke at the ball, flop, and desperately try to throw him off his rhythm and get him in foul trouble.

Late in the game they’ll probably change the strategy a bit, but I think that’ll be the plan to start...just comes down to Giannis making the right decisions, which I think he will.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,457

Post#556 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:13 pm

Out of control Giannis will get charges called and deservedly so. On occasion he goes all Thon out there. If he contains that he's going to dominate.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,643

Post#557 » by blazza18 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Ayt wrote:I'm not too worried about offensive fouls. Giannis got a lot better at avoiding them as the year progressed.

Is this actually true?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#558 » by Chapter29 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:03 pm

drew881 wrote:
Chapter29 wrote:
Willie Colon wrote:Anyone else think we sweep Boston with a healthy Brog Bomber?

Nope. But I do think that Brogdon is a much better talent than some of the folks replacing them, even if they're playing well in his absence.

The only real challenge is what kind of shape is he in? I know he is practicing to some level with the team so hopefully he's in some kind of reasonably good shape.

On the offensive end, Brogdon is more valuable, no doubt.

On the defensive end, having Sterling Brown, Middleton, and Giannis cover Jaylen Brown, Tatum, and Hayward I think is a better size matchup.

I hear ya. I like Browns toughness, aggressiveness and size for sure. I like that he doesn't foul as much as he did last season. I don't think there is any drop off in overall defense though to Brogdon. He is more sound and smart defender imo and if not its close enought that the offensive end dictates the decision.

Having Brogdon back will not eliminate Brown. Plus he isn't back yet and will likely see some 15 min games to start. So that may be the whole series right there for him anyways.

Having some size and athleticism to counter Boston will have value. I definitely agree there.

I can't stand the Celtics and can't wait to curb stomp them. They can go hang out with the Piston's and comfort each other. Cry it out boys. Cry it out.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Chapter29
RealGM
And1: 1,224

Post#559 » by Chapter29 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Yup prolly. But as if this is a new idea or something.

Giannis has his fair share of out of control moments and doesn't get called for charges as much as I think he maybe could. It has always been a challenge for him and he seems to have it at least somewhat under control. But it is a challenge.

Give it go Celtics. See what works. Pick your poison. Many teams have tried. MVP.
Giannis
is
UponUs
Eeavers57
Pro Prospect
And1: 439

Post#560 » by Eeavers57 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:15 pm

Going to game 1. Also have a work trip where I'll be in Boston from 5/6 to 5/8. We are going to the game and my coworkers and I will be the 4 in giannis jerseys going nuts. Wish us luck.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks