ImageImage

Round 2 Lead Up - Celtics on Deck - Game 1 Sunday Noon - Full Schedule Released Page 18

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Re: Round 2 Lead Up - Celtics on Deck - Game 1 Sunday Noon - Full Schedule Released Page 18 

Post#601 » by BuckHole » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:09 pm

It’s neat to think back on all the mistakes now the Bucks are where they are; the draft picks that didn’t pan out, the excessive $ spent on average players, the losses, the injuries. We’re here today because of them. I still grieve these mistakes and the players I wanted so badly to be great that weren’t. But now, I am so excited for this series. The Buck fandom road has been tough for most of my time following this team, but now I will bask in this season’s glory. I’m really going to enjoy this. AHHHHHHH!!! Go BUCKS!!!!
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
MelbourneBuck
Junior
And1: 290

Re: Round 2 Lead Up - Celtics on Deck - Game 1 Sunday Noon - Full Schedule Released Page 18 

Post#602 » by MelbourneBuck » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:22 pm

MoreTrife wrote:
All The Bucks wrote:Zach Lowe's series preview is out...

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe26613193/preview-boston-celtics-milwaukee-bucks-playoff-series

Spoiler:
Lowe has the Bucks in 7

I'm just sick to my stomach with nerves over this series. This article didn't help and it is from BOS perspective mostly. Even though he picks MIL to win, with it being focused on BOS just feels like they are in driver's seat. I might puke.
They're more worried about us than the other way around. We have the guy who is impossible to contain. Stevens would've been thinking about this for a while I guarantee and theres no easy answer. Horford cant solve everything.
Dante80
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#603 » by Dante80 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:30 pm

This series is about legitimacy. Even in this season, the Bucks were always discarded by some as RS overachievers, with no play-off success. Even when dominating, people were drilling the fact that we were at best the new Bud Hawks (RS ponies) and would choke when the stakes got high. Even when we won the first round rather convincingly, this was again bashed as a nothing-burger due to us playing the Pistons.

There are no excuses now. I know that it is unfair (all 4 top teams in the East are superlative this time around, and it is easy for any given series to go either way), but the only way to remove this narrative is to win this one. And win big. We may well lose in the ECF, but given our advantages this season (best player, best seed, HC, RS performance and last years' elimination in 7) it will be disastrous to lose this series.

This is a must win.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,812

Post#604 » by tydett » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:31 pm

MoreTrife wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/zachlowe26613193/preview-boston-celtics-milwaukee-bucks-playoff-series

Spoiler:
Lowe has the Bucks in 7

I'm just sick to my stomach with nerves over this series. This article didn't help and it is from BOS perspective mostly. Even though he picks MIL to win, with it being focused on BOS just feels like they are in driver's seat. I might puke.

I think he has to write it from Boston's point of view because they need things to go well for them to beat the Bucks. If the Bucks play their game, he knows they'll beat the brakes off the Celts.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#605 » by aboveAverage » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:43 pm

Zmac wrote:https://youtu.be/AcOpbDkHe5w

For geeks

That was interesting, apart from the fact that he showed 80% of Boston doing good things and barely mentioned what we do well, all while using clips from a game that we won. :crazy: It's good to see our weaknesses, but he was biased I think.

What I did take away was that Brogdon was really nice to have.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#606 » by aboveAverage » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:49 pm

Also, in the past with these big playoff games, we'd always have to go into it knowing that we'd be going into someone else's house with their rowdy fans to start the series. How awesome is it to have that advantage this time? No matter what happens, they have to come in and play in OUR atmosphere, our city, our fans. Let's make it really tough for them. Hope to see a massive crowd.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#607 » by crkone » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:52 pm

tydett wrote:
MoreTrife wrote:

Spoiler:
Lowe has the Bucks in 7

I think he has to write it from Boston's point of view because they need things to go well for them to beat the Bucks. If the Bucks play their game, he knows they'll beat the brakes off the Celts.
Boston's chances hinge on the Bucks being stubborn on making adjustments. And that's only if the Bucks need to make adjustments. Bucks have a counter for everything they do. Bucks could literally stop using their base defense for this series, switch from one to five, and tell Boston to do something they don't do, score at the rim.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#608 » by LuessiT » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:31 pm

I got a feeling that we're going to sweep the Celtics. 3 close games, 1 not so close one.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,018

Post#609 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,382

Post#610 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:00 pm

^^ Eastern times
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#611 » by thomchatt3rton » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:10 pm

aboveAverage wrote:
Zmac wrote:https://youtu.be/AcOpbDkHe5w

For geeks

That was interesting, apart from the fact that he showed 80% of Boston doing good things and barely mentioned what we do well, all while using clips from a game that we won. :crazy: It's good to see our weaknesses, but he was biased I think.

What I did take away was that Brogdon was really nice to have.

I guessed biased, but a totally worthwhile watch.
AntetokounmBros
Rookie
And1: 1,185

Post#612 » by AntetokounmBros » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:28 pm

LuessiT wrote:I got a feeling that we're going to sweep the Celtics. 3 close games, 1 not so close one.

I don't, but that would be unbelievably cool.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#613 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:46 pm

As Bucks fans, we've been abused for years. We're just waiting for us to fall flat on our face. I don't think most realize, still, just how good this team is. Starting with coach Bud.

No way do we lose this series. I have us taking it in 5.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#614 » by TD75 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:03 pm

Gant wrote:

Spoiler:
Lowe has the Bucks in 7

Really good, detailed article.

This was a key thought:
That's what makes this matchup so interesting: Milwaukee is hell-bent on taking away shots at the rim and free throws, but Boston is already terrible at producing either. The Celtics ranked dead last in free throw rate and 27th in the share of shots that came at the basket. Most teams lose something against Milwaukee. Boston is already playing how Milwaukee wants its opponents to play.

That should help the Celtics. They are designed to take the sorts of shots Milwaukee concedes.

I guess congrats to the Celtics for being bad at generating good shots and taking bad shots? This explains their relatively bad offense (for a supposed elite team).

That makes the Bucks' job easier, not harder.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#615 » by thomchatt3rton » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:08 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:As Bucks fans, we've been abused for years. We're just waiting for us to fall flat on our face. I don't think most realize, still, just how good this team is. Starting with coach Bud.

I totally agree we all have the fan version of PTSD, and I agree this team is very good, but I still think BOS is more dangerous than they appear.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,949

Post#616 » by soxperry » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:59 pm

Hey guys, I have an extra pair of tickets for game 1 in Section 213 Row 6. Just looking for what I paid which was 112 a piece after fees. I have them on ticketmaster resale but it's silly for both parties to pay the extra fees and am hoping to avoid that. Shoot me a message if interested. FIrst come first served.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,838

Post#617 » by VooDoo7 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:10 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:As Bucks fans, we've been abused for years. We're just waiting for us to fall flat on our face. I don't think most realize, still, just how good this team is. Starting with coach Bud.

I totally agree we all have the fan version of PTSD, and I agree this team is very good, but I still think BOS is more dangerous than they appear.

Yeah, I agree it isn't gonna be a cakewalk like DET. Games are definitely gonna be more competitive.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,618

Post#618 » by blazza18 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:24 pm

Spoiler:
Lowe has the Bucks in 7

Wish Lowe had some balls. He spends most of the piece talking himself into an upset but goes the Bucks anyway.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,508

Post#619 » by RogerMurdock » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:55 pm

I had a dream that we were up 2-0 in the series and had a nice lead in Game 3, but the Celtics made a comeback. Brogdon wasn't going to play, but Bud put him in late in the 4th quarter when we we only up by a bucket. He promptly scored 10 points in a minute and a half and we won easily.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,651

Post#620 » by TroyD92 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:15 pm

blazza18 wrote:

Spoiler:
Lowe has the Bucks in 7

Wish Lowe had some balls. He spends most of the piece talking himself into an upset but goes the Bucks anyway.

I've found most of the previews i've listened to do the same.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks