ImageImage

PG 1: Bucks Whipped

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Re: PG 1: Bucks Whipped 

Post#421 » by Coach Carter » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:20 pm

I have faith in Khris for this series. If we can switch and get him some mismatches ala last season, I think he can be efficient. For whatever reason, that dude prefers shooting over defenders. The problem though is that Brad is not respecting brown nor pat, thus putting a second defender on Khris. If brogdon plays, he drags his defender with him. I'm also thinking more lineups with mirotic and Wilson that can help solve this issue.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,382

Post#422 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:27 pm

You know how Giannis can will the team to victory in the 4th? I feel like this series is like that, only instead of the 4th quarter, it will be Game 7.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#423 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:31 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
H2tObes wrote:LMAO @ complaining about the crowd, crowd can't defend Horford on the pick and pop...crowd can't will ball into basket lmao

Its bizarre. We still have yet to play in a competitive playoff game and if you think any crowd in any city would be standing and screaming while their team is up or down 15-20 you just aren't living in reality.

This is where Milwaukeeans don’t grasp what good NBA crowds are like. Down 11 with a chance to cut it to single digits, the place can’t sound like a graveyard. I was at game 2 vs Det with a similar atmosphere and was told to wait until how wild it would be vs Boston. Whatever. People who know, know.

Crowds can fuel a team, they don’t go silent when things aren’t going great. Much bigger worries than the crowd in game 2 though. Hopefully they’re more of a help.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,022

Post#424 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:40 pm

Whelp, lots of tickets available at "Face" for all people on here complaining about crowd noise. Hopefully we win so the bandwagon gets packed for Friday night in the Deer District.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/east-conf-semis-celtics-at-bucks-rd-2-hm-gm-b/event/07005674A0302C74
tntrost
Freshman
And1: 53

Post#425 » by tntrost » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:44 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
H2tObes wrote:LMAO @ complaining about the crowd, crowd can't defend Horford on the pick and pop...crowd can't will ball into basket lmao

Its bizarre. We still have yet to play in a competitive playoff game and if you think any crowd in any city would be standing and screaming while their team is up or down 15-20 you just aren't living in reality.

This is where Milwaukeeans don’t grasp what good NBA crowds are like. Down 11 with a chance to cut it to single digits, the place can’t sound like a graveyard. I was at game 2 vs Det with a similar atmosphere and was told to wait until how wild it would be vs Boston. Whatever. People who know, know.

Crowds can fuel a team, they don’t go silent when things aren’t going great. Much bigger worries than the crowd in game 2 though. Hopefully they’re more of a help.

I totally agree. Take Game 6 against Toronto at the BC for example. It was an elimination game no doubt, but we looked dead in the water the entire first half. We were down 20+ and the crowd completely willed the team back. It was pretty amazing to see the crowd was feeding off the team and vice versa. I think Fiserv Forum has priced out the die-hards. I also think this city doesn't know how to act as a #1 seed. You would think we had won 3 championships already. Fight for the Bucks and the city, we haven't won a thing!
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#426 » by LedZepp007 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:50 pm

Bud has to tighten up the rotation and switch the **** screens. If Kyrie wants to abuse Lopez on a switch for 50 points so be it. I think Kyrie is highly overrated and I absolutely would let him try to beat us by himself.

On offense, we need to make shots and play more physically. Unfortunately their switching and energy has taken away a lot of our ball movement. As such, we need to move players more instead of parking them in their spots. Run some action for Niko and Khris.

Bledsoe has to be more engaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,122

Post#427 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

I watched the game at home Sunday. It seemed like every time the Bucks made a run or needed a meaningful stop the crowd was electric. But I'm sorry, when you're consistently down 15-20 for much of the second half, and the defense is giving up wide open shot after wide open shot, no crowd in the world will consistently remain "high energy." Thats not realistic. And its not just a Milwaukee thing. Hell, the BC crowds were raucous during that "Big 3" of Jennings/Salmons/Delfino/Broken Bogut :lol: series vs the Hawks. It'll be wild Tuesday night if we get a competitive game for a change.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,122

Post#428 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:53 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Whelp, lots of tickets available at "Face" for all people on here complaining about crowd noise. Hopefully we win so the bandwagon gets packed for Friday night in the Deer District.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/east-conf-semis-celtics-at-bucks-rd-2-hm-gm-b/event/07005674A0302C74

Glad I waited! See you all Tuesday.
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#429 » by slos » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Moving forward I have to say that I feel more comfortable watching Hill playing in this series than Brown and Connaughton. The same stands for Mirotic. Maybe Bud should make his adjustments.

1. Slide Hill into starting lineup to replace Brogdon. He can be the first guy to sit in the bench early and then come to replace Bledsoe. Bud did the same with Brogdon until the trade with the Cavs, which brought us Hill in the place of Delly.

2. Increase the minutes of our starters. Bled, Midds and Giannis should play 36+ minutes, Hill and Lopez 30.

3. Use Mirotic as 6th and play him 30 minutes. He should take at "4" the 10 minutes that Giannis is benched and another 20 with Giannis and Middleton or Lopez. Just let him find his rhythm.

4. Cut minutes from Brown, Pat and Ilyasova. Send them in for limited time to play as hard as they can, make some fouls, annoy their opponents. Just play some D. They had combined 6/26 FG in Game 1, while Middleton had 5/12. Well it's Middleton that should take 20+ shots against Boston, not these guys.

Bledsoe (36)/Hill (12)
Hill (18)/Brown (15)/Pat (15)
Middleton (38)/Mirotic (10)
Giannis (38)/Mirotic (10)
Lopez (30)/Mirotic (10)/Ilyasova (8)
hdroffffff
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#430 » by hdroffffff » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:56 pm

tntrost wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

I totally agree. Take Game 6 against Toronto at the BC for example. It was an elimination game no doubt, but we looked dead in the water the entire first half. We were down 20+ and the crowd completely willed the team back. It was pretty amazing to see the crowd was feeding off the team and vice versa. I think Fiserv Forum has priced out the die-hards. I also think this city doesn't know how to act as a #1 seed. You would think we had won 3 championships already. Fight for the Bucks and the city, we haven't won a thing!

100% exactly. I was at the game 6 vs Toronto when they were making their comeback. The crowd lived and died by every possession on their way back. It was a completely different atmosphere and it had nothing to do with being down too much or whatever. The crowd willed them back. I could barely speak after that game and everyone around me was as into it. Went to the game yesterday and there was no comparison. It was like a different fan base.
CountMe3Outs
Sophomore
And1: 219

Post#431 » by CountMe3Outs » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:35 pm

giannis and 1 wrote:Giannis was so **** frustrating.

Why don’t you take the **** ball, and violently dunk it overtop of that bitch Horfords head?

Bucks' success requires countering Boston's scheme, focused on denying the paint:

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#432 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:52 pm

slos wrote:Moving forward I have to say that I feel more comfortable watching Hill playing in this series than Brown and Connaughton. The same stands for Mirotic. Maybe Bud should make his adjustments.

1. Slide Hill into starting lineup to replace Brogdon. He can be the first guy to sit in the bench early and then come to replace Bledsoe. Bud did the same with Brogdon until the trade with the Cavs, which brought us Hill in the place of Delly.

2. Increase the minutes of our starters. Bled, Midds and Giannis should play 36+ minutes, Hill and Lopez 30.

3. Use Mirotic as 6th and play him 30 minutes. He should take at "4" the 10 minutes that Giannis is benched and another 20 with Giannis and Middleton or Lopez. Just let him find his rhythm.

4. Cut minutes from Brown, Pat and Ilyasova. Send them in for limited time to play as hard as they can, make some fouls, annoy their opponents. Just play some D. They had combined 6/26 FG in Game 1, while Middleton had 5/12. Well it's Middleton that should take 20+ shots against Boston, not these guys.

Bledsoe (36)/Hill (12)
Hill (18)/Brown (15)/Pat (15)
Middleton (38)/Mirotic (10)
Giannis (38)/Mirotic (10)
Lopez (30)/Mirotic (10)/Ilyasova (8)

Good post. I like the idea of starting Hill, I think. Definitely would have to tighten the rotation though in conjuction, which I'm fine with. Brown and Pat def need to play less minutes, and a tightened rotation would lead to more

I'm not sure how to get the most out of Mirotic. I think he presents a problem with who he can (and can't) guard, esp when Giannis is on the floor too. 10 mins for him at the 3 trying to guard Brown or Tatum out on the perimeter won't work, imo.
I only feel really comfortable with him guarding Morris. Ojelaye too, I guess. Idk, can he handle some mins on Baynes or Theis? Don't want him on Brown/Tatum/Horford/any guard.
The Rodzilla
Starter
And1: 2,332

Post#433 » by The Rodzilla » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:52 pm

FordTough wrote:
tntrost wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

100% exactly. I was at the game 6 vs Toronto when they were making their comeback. The crowd lived and died by every possession on their way back. It was a completely different atmosphere and it had nothing to do with being down too much or whatever. The crowd willed them back. I could barely speak after that game and everyone around me was as into it. Went to the game yesterday and there was no comparison. It was like a different fan base.

that game 6 comeback and racing out to a 57-30 lead at halftime in game 3 then games 3 and 4 against boston all had great crowd reaction, but unfortunately for you guys they were reacting to players who were inspired by delly and now instead of delly you have pau gasol who looks like he has 3 naps a day

im not even making that up, rewatch those 4 moments and you will see it was led by delly
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#434 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:58 pm

FordTough wrote:
tntrost wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:

I sat in the lower bowl game 1 vs DET, and the people on either side of me really seemed like they were there because they got corporate tickets as gifts- not watching the game, talking about other things, no cheering at all. The 2 dudes to my right showed up late 1st quarter and left early 3rd quarter.

The difference in atmosphere between that and the last playoff game I went to (game 3 vs ATL in 2010) couldn't have been more stark.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 380

Post#435 » by James1980 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:59 pm

Horford had a bunch of wide open mid range shots and made almost all of them, we might want to defend that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#436 » by ibanezjp » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:10 pm

I just don’t think Bud will make much adjustments. The injury with sterling will hopefully force his hand to put Nico in the starting lineup.

Going into this series I thought the Celtics would need to play perfect to win the series and bucks just needed to be good but not great. Now when you look at each team playing their scheme it’s more the bucks the ones who are gonna have to be absolutely perfect to win the series.
The second scariest thing about yesterday (behind their Giannis plan) was that we didn’t have a horrible night shooting from 3 and still lost by 22. What if we shoot 20% from 3 in one of these games that we now can not afford to lose. I won’t feel like we are in the drivers seat again unless we win games 2 & 3. Then maybe I’ll start to get some optimism back. That game kinda broke me yesterday.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,457

Post#437 » by SupremeHustle » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:18 pm

CountMe3Outs wrote:
giannis and 1 wrote:Giannis was so **** frustrating.

Why don’t you take the **** ball, and violently dunk it overtop of that bitch Horfords head?

Bucks' success requires countering Boston's scheme, focused on denying the paint:

Good video. Thanks for posting. Saw this one today, too:

jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,139

Post#438 » by DingleJerry » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:23 pm

ibanezjp wrote:I just don’t think Bud will make much adjustments. The injury with sterling will hopefully force his hand to put Nico in the starting lineup.

Going into this series I thought the Celtics would need to play perfect to win the series and bucks just needed to be good but not great. Now when you look at each team playing their scheme it’s more the bucks the ones who are gonna have to be absolutely perfect to win the series.
The second scariest thing about yesterday (behind their Giannis plan) was that we didn’t have a horrible night shooting from 3 and still lost by 22. What if we shoot 20% from 3 in one of these games that we now can not afford to lose. I won’t feel like we are in the drivers seat again unless we win games 2 & 3. Then maybe I’ll start to get some optimism back. That game kinda broke me yesterday.

Do we think playing 3 bigs is the right lineup vs a team only playing one big, who is a mobile shooting big like Al? If anything I'd be downsizing and playing lots with Giannis as the only big so you can switch screens all over.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach

Post#439 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:00 pm

James1980 wrote:Horford had a bunch of wide open mid range shots and made almost all of them, we might want to defend that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app

BOS is really, really good at running high-screen stuff with Horford to get all kinds of different open looks for him or for the ball-handler, depending on how teams try to defend it.

It's kind of a pick your poison, damned if you do, damned if you don't situation...

The simplest solution is to switch, but the downside there is significant-- it means Lopez really can't be on the floor much.

We can try switching late- our guard gets through the screen, then plays the passing lane between their penetrator and Horford, denying the pass, and when their penetrator gets past our guard, our guard releases his man to Lopez and tries to switch quickly back to Horford.
The downside of this is, it requires perfect timing and execution, it requires fast, long guards (no Pat C) and it still demands a certain quickness and responsiveness from Lopez.
Plus, BOS is probably better at executing this particular offense than we are at executing this particular defense against it. There will be some space for their guard to pull-up midrange, and when Lopez comes out to try to contest, they'll send a cutter to the now-open basket. Still, it might slow them down a bit.

We can try just being more physical in general to disrupt what they do, but the downside there is potential foul trouble.

It could be the best thing to do is to focus on not letting their guards score off that pnp action, focus on getting our offense going and just outscore them, and you just live with Horford scoring. I just don't know. It's hard to stop everything they do with the personnel we have.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#440 » by hege53190 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:06 pm

One thing I took away is Boston can push Giannis as much as they want as often as they want. Any highlight I watch it seems like they are pushing Giannis whether he is driving pushing his hip to slow him down or whether he is shooting pushing his chest/torso. As the announcer gushes great defense. Kind of annoying.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks