ImageImage

PG 1: Bucks Whipped

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Re: PG 1: Bucks Whipped 

Post#501 » by -Jragon- » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:49 am

If MN would have really taken Midds for Butler and we really made the trade we'd really be going to the finals this year. That's the kind of beast we need in the playoffs, not soft Midds.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#502 » by hege53190 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:08 pm

-Jragon- wrote:If MN would have really taken Midds for Butler and we really made the trade we'd really be going to the finals this year. That's the kind of beast we need in the playoffs, not soft Midds.

Where the **** is this coming from?

Butler is averaging 17p/5.4r/4.7a in 34 minutes a game on 44/29/85 shooting.

Middleton is averaging 18.4/6.4r/4.6a on 45/50/90 shooting in 30 minutes a game.

Those stats are even after Butler’s monster game. People have been doubting how good this team is and **** on Middleton all season. I guess there is no reason to stop now.
hdroffffff
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#503 » by hdroffffff » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:32 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
old skool wrote:When DJ Wilson was on the floor this season the Bucks turned the ball over 30% of the time. That is loser basketball.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Idk if that stat is relevant considering how much garbage time he played, but I would agree that DJ Wilson is not the answer to anything. I think it's wishful thinking by fans. Maybe he could spark something in limited minutes, but we're not going to solve the Celtics by playing DJ.

Idk man. I realize DJ isn't going to solve all of our problems, but I feel the Bucks play with more energy and more movement in their offense when he's playing.. and more things happen on defense when he's in. And I hate to keep railing on Niko, but I've been acutely aware of how the team looks every time he plays since we got him and without fail, we start playing more complacent on both ends when he's in. Every time. What's Niko's plus minus?, because I swear we always lose ground when he's in the game, sans the 2nd quarter of Sunday's game. Don't other people notice this? It seems night and day to me the difference between the two... and if you swap out DJ for Niko, well, you take away the energy bit and replace it with the complacency bit.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,298

Post#504 » by KidA24 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:48 pm

FordTough wrote:Idk man. I realize DJ isn't going to solve all of our problems, but I feel the Bucks play with more energy and more movement in their offense when he's playing.. and more things happen on defense when he's in. And I hate to keep railing on Niko, but I've been acutely aware of how the team looks every time he plays since we got him and without fail, we start playing more complacent on both ends when he's in. Every time. What's Niko's plus minus?, because I swear we always lose ground when he's in the game, sans the 2nd quarter of Sunday's game. Don't other people notice this? It seems night and day to me the difference between the two... and if you swap out DJ for Niko, well, you take away the energy bit and replace it with the complacency bit.

People don't notice it because it's not true.

Regular season 3 man lineups: https://stats.nba.com/lineups/advanced/?Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&TeamID=1610612749&CF=GROUP_NAME*E*Mirotic&GroupQuantity=3&sort=MIN&dir=1

Every single one of them that was over 50 minutes was positive.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
droopdog7
Sophomore
And1: 173

Post#505 » by droopdog7 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:45 pm

hege53190 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
hege53190 wrote:One thing I took away is Boston can push Giannis as much as they want as often as they want. Any highlight I watch it seems like they are pushing Giannis whether he is driving pushing his hip to slow him down or whether he is shooting pushing his chest/torso. As the announcer gushes great defense. Kind of annoying.

Yup that was the strategy and it worked. Now, Bledsoe should do that with Kyrie too.

I guess I don’t get what Giannis is supposed to do. I don’t want him falling down like an idiot a la Harden but something has to be done to show how much / hard of contact is taking place.

Giannis plays a physical game, mostly because he can't shoot. His entire game is based on lowering his shoulder into defenders. So yeah, there is going to be contact a lot of the time. The refs won't and shouldn't reward him when he is the one initiating the contact pretty much every time.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#506 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:51 pm

FordTough wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
old skool wrote:When DJ Wilson was on the floor this season the Bucks turned the ball over 30% of the time. That is loser basketball.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Idk if that stat is relevant considering how much garbage time he played, but I would agree that DJ Wilson is not the answer to anything. I think it's wishful thinking by fans. Maybe he could spark something in limited minutes, but we're not going to solve the Celtics by playing DJ.

Idk man. I realize DJ isn't going to solve all of our problems, but I feel the Bucks play with more energy and more movement in their offense when he's playing.. and more things happen on defense when he's in. And I hate to keep railing on Niko, but I've been acutely aware of how the team looks every time he plays since we got him and without fail, we start playing more complacent on both ends when he's in. Every time. What's Niko's plus minus?, because I swear we always lose ground when he's in the game, sans the 2nd quarter of Sunday's game. Don't other people notice this? It seems night and day to me the difference between the two... and if you swap out DJ for Niko, well, you take away the energy bit and replace it with the complacency bit.

I'm not against giving DJ a chance to try to spark something, but I just don't think he's reliable for too many minutes.

As for MIrotic, I've actually had some [i]similar[/i] thoughts- like we seem more discombobulated when he's on the floor. Some kind of vague chemistry issues I can't quite put my finger on. I don't think we know how to fit him into lineups in an optimal way yet, and maybe the other guys don't know how to play with him. I could be wrong, but I have had that thought several times since we got him- somethings just not quite right. We should be able to make Niko work, but I don't think we've figured it out yet.

Wasn't Mirotic on the floor during that disastrous 3rd Q Celtics run where the defense was totally confused? Or am I remembering wrong?
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,164

Post#507 » by DingleJerry » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:55 pm

droopdog7 wrote:
hege53190 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:
Yup that was the strategy and it worked. Now, Bledsoe should do that with Kyrie too.

I guess I don’t get what Giannis is supposed to do. I don’t want him falling down like an idiot a la Harden but something has to be done to show how much / hard of contact is taking place.

Giannis plays a physical game, mostly because he can't shoot. His entire game is based on lowering his shoulder into defenders. So yeah, there is going to be contact a lot of the time. The refs won't and shouldn't reward him when he is the one initiating the contact pretty much every time.

yup, that's why I've generally been on the side of the refs in allowing physicality on him through the year. He's physical and they should allow the D to man up back. This was different though. They literally two hand shoved him when he started driving then had two other guys come in and start digging at the ball. Long story short, the game should be reffed the same in the playoffs as it is all the time.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,298

Post#508 » by KidA24 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:45 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:Wasn't Mirotic on the floor during that disastrous 3rd Q Celtics run where the defense was totally confused? Or am I remembering wrong?

He was on the floor for the +15 run in the 2nd.

The run in the third was literally the entire quarter. But the 10-0 run from 56 all to 66-56 C's, he was on the bench.
Mirotic was a part of the disaster in the 4th after the team cut it to 12 and then missed like 5 wide-open shots in a row.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/plus-minus/201904280MIL.html
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#509 » by thomchatt3rton » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:13 pm

KidA24 wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:Wasn't Mirotic on the floor during that disastrous 3rd Q Celtics run where the defense was totally confused? Or am I remembering wrong?

He was on the floor for the +15 run in the 2nd.

The run in the third was literally the entire quarter. But the 10-0 run from 56 all to 66-56 C's, he was on the bench.
Mirotic was a part of the disaster in the 4th after the team cut it to 12 and then missed like 5 wide-open shots in a row.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/plus-minus/201904280MIL.html

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Regarding the 3rd quarter, what I was thinking of was a sequence where the Bucks looked more baffled on D than I've seen them look literally ALL year, and the Celts were getting embarrassingly easy baskets- just wide open blown coverages- and the Bucks were standing around looking at each other in total confusion.

But I don't remember when that was exactly or how many points the Celts scored etc. I just couldn't believe how bad we were playing on D, so it sticks out.
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,502

Post#510 » by -Jragon- » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:13 pm

hege53190 wrote:
-Jragon- wrote:If MN would have really taken Midds for Butler and we really made the trade we'd really be going to the finals this year. That's the kind of beast we need in the playoffs, not soft Midds.

Where the **** is this coming from?

Butler is averaging 17p/5.4r/4.7a in 34 minutes a game on 44/29/85 shooting.

Middleton is averaging 18.4/6.4r/4.6a on 45/50/90 shooting in 30 minutes a game.

Those stats are even after Butler’s monster game. People have been doubting how good this team is and **** on Middleton all season. I guess there is no reason to stop now.

heart hustle and defense

Return to Milwaukee Bucks