PG: Bucks Beat Boston, Series Tied 1-1

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,126

Re: PG: Bucks Beat Boston, Series Tied 1-1 

Post#381 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu May 2, 2019 4:22 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:Holy sh*t that ass-whoopin almost killed Danny Ainge. Take it easy on em Bucks!

Classy

I probably don't make the joke if I didn't just read "full recovery." But please admit that you saw the news and rushed over to the Bucks forum in hopes of finding someone making jokes so you could scold them. As always, people are only offended when something affects them personally. All the rest of the material? Fair game. My dad died young of pancreatic cancer but I'm not offended by every cancer joke I hear at a comedy show.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#382 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu May 2, 2019 4:27 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:Holy sh*t that ass-whoopin almost killed Danny Ainge. Take it easy on em Bucks!

Classy

I probably don't make the joke if I didn't just read "full recovery." But please admit that you saw the news and rushed over to the Bucks forum in hopes of finding someone making jokes so you could scold them. As always, people are only offended when something affects them personally. All the rest of the material? Fair game. My dad died young of pancreatic cancer but I'm not offended by every cancer joke I hear at a comedy show.

No tbh honest I’ve been reading the bucks board to get the take they have on the series so far and I’ve never quoted or baited on this board once. I left for work came back during lunch and refreshed the page and I had left it out while bucks forum was open and once I refreshed it saw that post and couldn’t believe you would make a joke like that. Also been looking for updates on brogdon

And I’m not easily offended by anything at all. Nor am I offended now just kind of lame you would make a joke by going for the lowest common denominator and interject sports with someone’s health.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,026

Post#383 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Thu May 2, 2019 4:33 pm

Glad he is ok and it was mild. The attack could have been much worse and might even be a positive to kick start life-style changes as a warning. Heart attacks come out of nowhere for former athletes and have taken many of them way too young.

Coming from someone who will be high-risk for heart attack in a decade or so, I still had the "Giannis did this" thought pop into my head immediately.
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#384 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu May 2, 2019 4:36 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Glad he is ok and it was mild. The attack could have been much worse and might even be a positive to kick start life-style changes as a warning. Heart attacks come out of nowhere for former athletes and have taken many of them way too young.

Coming from someone who will be high-risk for heart attack in a decade or so, I still had the "Giannis did this" thought pop into my head immediately.

Yea well hopefully you stay healthy and that doesn’t happen for you man and you never have to worry about that. They are no joke. Unfortunately for ainge this is minimum his 2nd one in 10 years and those are only the ones reported about.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#385 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu May 2, 2019 4:45 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
Classy

No tbh honest I’ve been reading the bucks board to get the take they have on the series so far and I’ve never quoted or baited on this board once. I left for work came back during lunch and refreshed the page and I had left it out while bucks forum was open and once I refreshed it saw that post and couldn’t believe you would make a joke like that. Also been looking for updates on brogdon

And I’m not easily offended by anything at all. Nor am I offended now just kind of lame you would make a joke by going for the lowest common denominator and interject sports with someone’s health.

Honestly the only thing that made the joke a little funny, or even worth an attempt, was the manner in which my Bucks put it on your Celtics. Danny Ainge watching that 3rd quarter, all clutchin his chest...

Its ok, he's expected to make a full recovery. But just remember going forward you're never allowed to laugh at any off-color jokes again. That would be extremely hypocritical. And I'll do my best to be a better person. Deal?
MagicBagley18
RealGM

Post#386 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu May 2, 2019 4:49 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:

Honestly the only thing that made the joke a little funny, or even worth an attempt, was the manner in which my Bucks put it on your Celtics. Danny Ainge watching that 3rd quarter, all clutchin his chest...

Its ok, he's expected to make a full recovery. But just remember going forward you're never allowed to laugh at any off-color jokes again. That would be extremely hypocritical. And I'll do my best to be a better person. Deal?

No one said your a bad person and I don’t wanna hi jack this board going back and forth...I just don’t think it’s good faith to make a joke about someone’s health with sports when he has a history of heart attacks and heart problems and that goes whether it’s a celtic gm bucks or whoever. There’s also a huge difference between “likely” recovery and actual recovery.

Good luck going forward in the series.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager

Post#387 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu May 2, 2019 4:55 pm

You too!
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#388 » by drew881 » Thu May 2, 2019 5:49 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
drew881 wrote:Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but man did we find out their passing lanes in the second half and cause a hell of a lot of turnovers.

don't think anyone has, but I noticed that as well. I'm not acute enough to know if it was something schematic, or if we were just playing harder/faster/more confidently because we were playing well on O. Or maybe BOS was pressing a bit?

Do you think it had anything to do with switching? That would make sense to me intuitively, because there's less confusion with rotations on some plays. I have no idea.

No idea, but it felt like the team was an NFL secondary more than any other game Ive seen. And not in that BS Kidd defensive scheme kind of way.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#389 » by thomchatt3rton » Thu May 2, 2019 6:31 pm

drew881 wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
drew881 wrote:Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but man did we find out their passing lanes in the second half and cause a hell of a lot of turnovers.

don't think anyone has, but I noticed that as well. I'm not acute enough to know if it was something schematic, or if we were just playing harder/faster/more confidently because we were playing well on O. Or maybe BOS was pressing a bit?

Do you think it had anything to do with switching? That would make sense to me intuitively, because there's less confusion with rotations on some plays. I have no idea.

No idea, but it felt like the team was an NFL secondary more than any other game Ive seen. And not in that BS Kidd defensive scheme kind of way.

Guys were definitely flying around. I re-watched the first 3 quarters, and even when we weren't switching (q1) we were pretty disruptive to their ball movement. I suspect we just came with more energy and confidence- I'm sure it helped that our shots were going in on the offensive end- much easier to play fast and confident on D when you're scoring.

I also think Mirotic's size at the 3 was disruptive. (Boy was I wrong about starting Mirotic at the 3. I thought he was going to get torched. Sorry Niko.)
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#390 » by Jedzz » Sat May 4, 2019 5:21 am

I don't even know where to post here. Game thread locked, no follow up thread.

So... 2:1 Your boys have broken their home serve. Let the Celtics infighting begin.

The Celtics just don't know what to do anymore come the 4th when they see this multi progged atypical mess they are in.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#391 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat May 4, 2019 5:22 am

Beautiful animal, shame somebody killed it.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks