ImageImage

PG: Bucks Regain Home Court, Whip Boston

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Re: PG: Bucks Regain Home Court, Whip Boston 

Post#361 » by Iheartfootball » Sat May 4, 2019 4:22 pm

The Kyrie quote makes complete sense and I’m beginning to accept who he is. It’s the same person who’s at the conscious level that truly at his core believes the earth is flat. He doesn’t have the capacity to see outside himself and probably never will. He’s at the conscious development level of roughly an adolescent. Helps me not develop any anger or sympathy for him.

Huh. Thanks Kyrie!
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,128

Post#362 » by HKPackFan » Sat May 4, 2019 4:49 pm

MelbourneBuck wrote:Shout out to Bud as well. Copped a fair bit of **** after game 1 but not as much said since we turned it around. Made the adjustments needed, great timeouts as always and worked the refs beautifully. If we get through this series I feel good with him going against Brown or Nurse.

It's amazing this feeling of having a quality head coach. Good time outs, rotations, game management. Good scheme, maximizing players' strengths, well oiled machine, with a strong team playing as one.

I haven't witnessed this with a bucks HC in a long long time.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,357

Post#363 » by Ron Swanson » Sat May 4, 2019 5:06 pm

If we even get mediocre Bledsoe for the next two games then this series is over. Just something about facing Boston where he gets stuck in his own head.

Oh, and Terry Rozier still sucks.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,229

Post#364 » by fan230 » Sat May 4, 2019 5:18 pm

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#365 » by thomchatt3rton » Sat May 4, 2019 5:22 pm

Boy was I wrong about 2 major things post game 1:

1) Pat C was unplayable because he couldn't guard anyone

2) Niko at the 3 would get torched by their wings and wouldn't work.
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#366 » by ibanezjp » Sat May 4, 2019 5:25 pm

Sorry if someone posted this already but HOLY HELL is Kyrie delusional! Just skip to 2:27, how is Marc Davis not had his credentials revoked! That’s the most chowderhead, homer question to ask. What a **** idiot!! I’m so mad and want to absolutely curb stomp these fools Monday!

ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#367 » by ibanezjp » Sat May 4, 2019 5:28 pm

I mean even most of the posters on the Celtics board specifically said “don’t blame the refs” and we know how crazy they are over there.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#368 » by TD75 » Sat May 4, 2019 5:31 pm

A big market NBA team complains about the referees when it is losing control of a playoff series playing against one of the smallest markets in the NBA.

I simply don't want this realization to be lost. What a timeline!
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,825

Post#369 » by tedbrogen » Sat May 4, 2019 5:34 pm

Ill-yasova wrote:
engelmartin wrote:
emunney wrote:
Putting a big and disciplined defender on him (Midds) has made him a total non-entity.

Does only playoff Middleton play defense? There's been a lack of complaining about Middleton's defense on this board lately.

Mids has been pretty solid on defense all season. I haven’t seen too many complaints on here about his effort on that side of the ball.

He is a really good defender when he wants to be. He did get pulled from that Knicks game for lack of effort of D, but when it really matters he busts it. It was visible in the playoffs the last two years and even if some big regular season games such as when he locked down Kawhi at the end of the close game against the Raptors.

He definitely "paces himself" sometimes in the regular season, handles his own load management while on the court from game to game, if you will. But if he can sustain playing like this through the rest of the playoff run, you just pay him whatever and deal with the fact he won't give you this effort all the time. This version of Khris is definitely capable of being the second best player on a championship team and compliment Giannis about as perfectly as any non-superstar can.
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#370 » by Coach Carter » Sat May 4, 2019 5:41 pm

someone should ask brad if he thinks kyrie is a basketball genius
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#371 » by TD75 » Sat May 4, 2019 5:42 pm

Complaints about Middleton's defense were stated when it was warranted. Why are people acting surprised when others don't complain about his defense when his defense is not actually a problem? :lol:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,142

Post#372 » by JEIS » Sat May 4, 2019 5:45 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:Boy was I wrong about 2 major things post game 1:

I was surprised Mirotic was playing some pretty good D. Even on some of Boston's made shots.
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#373 » by PedroGrande » Sat May 4, 2019 5:54 pm

There are a lot of good things going well. I didn't expect that Mirotic would be consistently good this early after the injury. I thought he would win us a game with hot shooting but he has been collected and good overall.

Bud timeout timing was amazing all year and it's becoming even better. Plays out of time outs been good too as well as... everything else...

Remember when we said that hill looked done? Haha it's not like players can't suck when adapting to something...

Pat is a chipmunk on cocaine that does a lot of stuff all the time. Sometimes bad things, sometimes good things, good that in the last few months is mostly good things. Great pickup.
"Hope isn't a plan"
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#374 » by BucksFanSD » Sat May 4, 2019 5:58 pm

Mirotic needs some picks set by Bledsoe to get him more good looks. He is standing around too much not being utilized like he should be. That shot is too good to have guys like Bledsoe shooting.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,354

Post#375 » by M-C-G » Sat May 4, 2019 6:05 pm

tedbrogen wrote:
Prez wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:I love when dudes like Connaughton who are continuously hated on/lamented by “smart” Bucks media ball out like this. Dude has been huge for us so many times this season when we’ve really needed it.

And we have him on a 1.7 mil NG for next year too :clap:

Yeah, I never understood the hate at any point in the season. Even when his shot was not falling for weeks. He is the very definition of a role player. He was originally the 10th or so man. He is basically on a league minimum contract. He gives full effort every moment he is on the court. And his skill set is exactly what Bud wants in this system. He can chase quick guards around screens and pester them from behind. He can close out on three point shooters. He isn't afraid to mix it up on the boards. He hits threes at an above league average rate. He can attack closeouts and finishes at the rim.

It is because a large population on this board equate efficiency to being good and ignore a lot of other aspects. Having “energy” players is a thing, and it is a real thing for a reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#376 » by mke_design » Sat May 4, 2019 6:07 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
MiltownHawkeye wrote:
ViperGTS wrote:I just got quoted over in the Bucks forum. Hey Bucks forum.

The Dud sucks without referee help. If you embrace his need to have the refs in his pocket in order to win, enjoy your hollow victories.

Quote that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,702

Post#377 » by CharityStripe34 » Sat May 4, 2019 6:13 pm

Funny that is Kyrie crying about the refs and Stevens taking the high road in the post game presser. Usually the coach lays down on the sword blasting the refs. I wonder if that's just another sign of discord between the two.

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,840

Post#378 » by paulpressey25 » Sat May 4, 2019 6:25 pm

It’s matchups, specifically with Boston that work. In that same vein, Bledsoe has all sorts of issues with their defense, but should the Bucks advance may do great against Philly.

But this is why the title window is now. We won’t have this deep and versatile a team next year due to all the free agents and cap and tax issues.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#379 » by thomchatt3rton » Sat May 4, 2019 6:26 pm

JEIS wrote:

I was surprised Mirotic was playing some pretty good D. Even on some of Boston's made shots.

Niko was pretty good in game 2-- playing good team D, being in good position. His size disrupted their ball-movement, I thought.
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#380 » by greekbuck34 » Sat May 4, 2019 6:26 pm

ibanezjp wrote:Sorry if someone posted this already but HOLY HELL is Kyrie delusional! Just skip to 2:27, how is Marc Davis not had his credentials revoked! That’s the most chowderhead, homer question to ask. What a **** idiot!! I’m so mad and want to absolutely curb stomp these fools Monday!

Didn't watch that before. I think the NBA censored the post game interviews in the league pass and cut all those questions and answers based on the reffs!
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks