ImageImage

Middleton or Tatum

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

If the money were equal, who would you rather have going forward, Middleton or Tatum?

Middleton, age 27
55%
Tatum, age 21
45%

Total votes: 124

Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Re: Middleton or Tatum 

Post#61 » by Jez2983 » Sat May 4, 2019 11:23 pm

Middleton has played one bad game this playoffs out of 7 games, so we should complain about the next bad game he hasn't played yet.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,297

Post#62 » by jute2003 » Sun May 5, 2019 1:12 am

I think Tatum could be as productive as Khris as early as next season. He will never be a superstar but he doesnt have to improve much to be an Allstar. Hell, he will probably be an Allstar next year if Kyrie leaves. He's barely old enough to drink.
only a fan, only an opinion
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#63 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun May 5, 2019 1:18 am

I don’t trust Tatum’s brain
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,723

Post#64 » by Licensed to Il » Sun May 5, 2019 1:20 am

Tatum might grow in to an impact scorer, he might be Jeff Green with a better mid range game. Only the future knows.

What I do know now, is that Khris is making some insane shots this series, over and over. I can think of two or three sequences where his crazy makes kind of demoralized the Celts.

I don’t know what his future in Milwaukee holds, but he is probably playing the best ball of his career at the perfect time.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#65 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun May 5, 2019 2:07 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:I don’t trust Tatum’s brain

Really? How so?

He was playing poised and smart as a young rookie for 30m/game on a contending team.

I think it's hard to judge him now- that team is somewhat dysfunctional since Kyrie came back. We'll know more about Tatum later and when/if he's in a slightly different milieu.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,417

Post#66 » by th87 » Sun May 5, 2019 4:49 am

AussieBuck wrote:Jeff Green ---> Rudy Gay ---> Luol Deng ---> Middleton ---> Paul George

Tatum is hanging somewhere in the Green ---> Gay zone. I just don't see his path to the George zone, but then I guess I didn't see it for PG either.

No one's going to make a twirl joke here???
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#67 » by buckboy » Sun May 5, 2019 4:57 am

paulpressey25 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:But if you told me I could only have one for the next three seasons and after that it's all bets off I'm taking Midds.

That's why the discussion is good, but the poll isn't necessarily fair. Midds is older and will be making $25-$30mm in less than two months. But for the next couple, of course?

I do think Tatum has a chance to break out on a different team without Kyrie.

Yeah. And in Bud's offense with Giannis? Talk about perfect.

He's not necessarily anything right now, but I believe his best chance to be great is first and foremost as a shooter.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,882

Post#68 » by buckboy » Sun May 5, 2019 5:01 am

WRau1 wrote:When playing comparable minutes, Tatum and Thomas are the same player.

And did anyone not think Tim Thomas was going to be pretty goddamn good when he was 21?

I know I did.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#69 » by Aaron It Out » Sun May 5, 2019 5:42 am

Tatum is a much better shooter than Tim Thomas was at that age.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#70 » by IrishRainbow » Sun May 5, 2019 6:31 pm

buckboy wrote:
WRau1 wrote:When playing comparable minutes, Tatum and Thomas are the same player.

And did anyone not think Tim Thomas was going to be pretty goddamn good when he was 21?

I know I did.
I'm still here on Touchdown Timmy's island, not without a double headband.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#71 » by Ruzious » Mon May 6, 2019 8:59 pm

I'd take Midds for this season, but Tatum's future is brighter with him being much younger. Also, Midds looks a few years older than his age - I don't see him playing much into his 30's.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#72 » by DrWood » Mon May 6, 2019 9:24 pm

So, to make things equal, we're talking about Middleton on a Rookie contract?
Yeah, that. And then I'd trade him immediately for a better fit.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#73 » by DanoMac » Mon May 6, 2019 10:24 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:SupremeHustle won't rest until Tatum's reputation is in tatters :D

His crowning during last season's playoffs bugged me.

Same here. Never understood it. People were rushing to anoint the guy. Every media publication shoved it down our throats that he was working out with Kobe in the offseason.

I haven't watched all 150+ of Tatum's games the past 2 years, but with league pass + the playoffs, I like to think I do a good job of keeping up with the league & talent. With that said, I truly, truly haven't seen one thing that Tatum's done that's "wowed" me. Not saying that you need to "wow" someone to be a superstar, but like you said Supreme, he just seems like another guy (Granger was a great comparison).

Even when Giannis was averaging single digits early on, he did things to wow us and make us truly believe that he could be something special. Haven't seen anything like that from JT.
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#74 » by DavidDunn21 » Tue May 7, 2019 1:40 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:I think Middleton is probably better now, although we're currently watching pretty good Middleton and not point shaving Middleton. Khris also gets to play with Giannis while Tatum is trying to score with Giannis lurking.

Whoever said they liked Khris' handles, yuck

Sent from my moto g(7) power using RealGM mobile app

LOL, probably?
You're only saying that because we got 20 points picking his spots nice compliment Khris last night. (With 5 bad turnovers)

4-14 Khris is coming. He can't control that any more than Bledsoe can stop being a ticking time bomb. So that's why I said "probably"

I'd just like to point out that I was compared to Gery Woelfel for this and as it turns out, 4-19 Khris was coming.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,748

Post#75 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 7, 2019 1:42 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
LOL, probably?
You're only saying that because we got 20 points picking his spots nice compliment Khris last night. (With 5 bad turnovers)

4-14 Khris is coming. He can't control that any more than Bledsoe can stop being a ticking time bomb. So that's why I said "probably"

I'd just like to point out that I was compared to Gery Woelfel for this and as it turns out, 4-19 Khris was coming.

You're the worst.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#76 » by Jez2983 » Tue May 7, 2019 1:50 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:You're only saying that because we got 20 points picking his spots nice compliment Khris last night. (With 5 bad turnovers)

You're the worst.

But don't shooters all hit their shots always?
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,315

Post#77 » by trwi7 » Tue May 7, 2019 1:51 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:
DavidDunn21 wrote:You're only saying that because we got 20 points picking his spots nice compliment Khris last night. (With 5 bad turnovers)

You're the worst.

Someone took the crown from me? Well then, off to the Brewers board.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#78 » by SupremeHustle » Tue May 7, 2019 2:11 am

Even my Tatum takes aren't this hot:

Read on Twitter
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#79 » by SupremeHustle » Tue May 7, 2019 2:13 am

And Michael Beasley. He's got some SuperCool Beas in his game.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,616

Post#80 » by BroncoBuck » Tue May 7, 2019 4:57 am

I still just see Tatum as Rudy Gay. His value is too low for Boston to deal him now. Let Kyrie walk and hand the reigns to Tatum and Brown. Either they work out or hopefully you’ve pumped their value up enough to dump them.

I’d take Middleton since we are a legitimate contender, 3 years ago I would’ve taken Tatum.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks