ImageImage

PG: Bucks Push Saltics to the Edge of Extinction

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Re: PG: Bucks Push Saltics to the Edge of Extinction 

Post#461 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue May 7, 2019 4:07 pm

aboveAverage wrote:First things first, we've gotta take care of Boston. No looking ahead until we win this series. They are more than capable of stringing together a few great games, and we have to keep our intensity level super high and finish off the series in game 5.

Totally agree.
aboveAverage wrote:Between Philly and Toronto, ...

Huh? :crazy: :banghead: :noway: :nonono:
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#462 » by Nightfall » Tue May 7, 2019 4:07 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:What is our record when Giannis and Hill both play? Quick, I need to impress my coworkers at lunch.

+50 in 8 playoff games. Impressive (but check the Hill/Pat combo) !

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/lineup_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&lineup_type=2-man&output=total&is_playoffs=Y&year_id=2019&team_id=MIL&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&order_by=diff_pts
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#463 » by truly » Tue May 7, 2019 4:09 pm

I don't have a real preference between Tor or Philly but if we don't get to the finals i prefer Tor does.Also we won't get a bad whistle against Tor like we would do against Philly so that counts too.

From a fun standpoint though,give me Embiid and the Sixers all day.Our 2 recent games were GREAT.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#464 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue May 7, 2019 4:09 pm

Nightfall wrote:
MissKhriddleton wrote:What is our record when Giannis and Hill both play? Quick, I need to impress my coworkers at lunch.

+50 in 8 playoff games. Impressive (but check the Hill/Pat combo) !

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/lineup_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&lineup_type=2-man&output=total&is_playoffs=Y&year_id=2019&team_id=MIL&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&order_by=diff_pts

Giannis not in the top 10. :lol:

3 man lineup: https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/lineup_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&lineup_type=3-man&output=total&is_playoffs=Y&year_id=2019&team_id=MIL&game_num_min=0&game_num_max=99&order_by=diff_pts
All the Horsty man in the top 3.
averageposter
Sixth Man
And1: 722

Post#465 » by averageposter » Tue May 7, 2019 4:13 pm

Being the first game of a double header a couple times has really curtailed the need to cover our series in any kind of depth. No post game to speak of. That said, a quadruple overtime game, and a Rockets Warriors that they couldn't wait to pencil in again last year already do deserve the depth of coverage they got.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#466 » by emunney » Tue May 7, 2019 4:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#467 » by jute2003 » Tue May 7, 2019 4:20 pm

emunney wrote:Kyrie has always had an oversized reputation and to some extent he earned it because he came up huge in that Finals series and really earned his ring. But that doesn't make it any less incorrect. He's always been much closer to the 30th best player than the 10th best.
So....more Jae Crowder than Pat Connaughton?
only a fan, only an opinion
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,328

Post#468 » by crkone » Tue May 7, 2019 4:25 pm

Bucks have no players in the top 15 in the Eastern Conference in MPG during the playoffs, with Mids and Giannis at #16 and #18. Brook is next in line at #33. Toronto and Philly both have 3 in the Top 10. Boston has 5 in the top 30. Bucks are deeeeeep.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#469 » by Wooderson » Tue May 7, 2019 4:29 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
Wooderson wrote:Todays Lock On Celtics pod is an amazing listen

Share some hot takes with us.

No real hot takes, just Chandler Bing and Dr. Cox from Scrubs level sarcasm/irony/negativity.

A couple good quotes.

Towards the beginning:
"We're gonna take a quick break and then we're gonna talk about all the positives in a short 30 second segment"

Talking about Hayward struggles and video games:
"You gotta think about his sleep schedule, some of those games are played in Korea"

Kyrie FA decision and their reaction if he leaves
"America runs on Dunkin, Boston runs on hatred"

Fan question on if game 4 and rest of series could drive Kyrie to NY. They dismiss it and say it's dumb to think winning one extra series would do much...one guy says,

"but what if Kyrie takes mushrooms before game 6 and then has a vision quest where he discovers Brad Stevens is Native American"

"that happens all-time time, and we're still here"
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#470 » by sdn40 » Tue May 7, 2019 4:58 pm

With the venue now alternating after each game - I think it's important to squash this thing right now. Nothing good about having to head back to Boston for a game 6
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#471 » by Nowak008 » Tue May 7, 2019 5:03 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:I like Jaylen Brown. His general b-ball attitude is kinda crappy, but I think with a minor attitude adjustment he'd be great with us.

To be fair he has to play with Kyrie. Boston is going to be much better next year.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,868

Post#472 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue May 7, 2019 5:04 pm

sdn40 wrote:With the venue now alternating after each game - I think it's important to squash this thing right now. Nothing good about having to head back to Boston for a game 6

Exactly

One more dud game at home can make this much more complicated than it needs to be. I am pretty confident that it won't happen but I'm still not used to having nice things as a Bucks fan yet so the paranoia is still there too. :D
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#473 » by paulpressey25 » Tue May 7, 2019 5:07 pm

sdn40 wrote:With the venue now alternating after each game - I think it's important to squash this thing right now. Nothing good about having to head back to Boston for a game 6

Yep. Do not want to engage in TOR or PHI discussions.

Lay an egg Wednesday and every Boston fan is right back in it.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#474 » by Licensed to Il » Tue May 7, 2019 5:10 pm

I’m going to resist the urge to look ahead, and just enjoy each game and series.

I have a ton of respect for Brad Stevens, and his lack of answers for Giannis speaks volumes to Giannis’ dominance. The Shaq and Hakeem statistical comparisons have been made a lot recently, and although their styles are so different, both remain high praise as to the level of dominance Greek Freak is displaying night in and night out. Historical numbers on really low minute totals.

Not only did I think Boston would defend #34 better, I also thought their offense would be more versatile. Horford can’t really score unassisted vs Giannis. Kyrie is having trouble getting good looks vs our length. Their wings are all very good, but none are taking over or exceeding expectations.

I think Ainge has done a phenomenal job, and yet ultimately failed to give Stevens a team that can eliminate Mil or Tor in a 7 game series.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#475 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue May 7, 2019 5:14 pm

Boston should take advantage of Stevens and fill out the roster with a bunch of smart, hard playing veterans who fit. Start with a Mike Conley type, try to win 55 games every year and hope things break right in the playoffs. Stevens had Jonas Jerebko and Gigi Datome looking like building blocks at one point. The more coaching and less policing/mediating he has to do will have the Celtics in a much better space.
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,313

Post#476 » by Infinite Llamas » Tue May 7, 2019 5:14 pm

Congratulations on the win. Wonderful game plan and props for pushing the lead with your two all stars in foul trouble. Good luck from here on out.

On a side note, Yelich has been my favorite player since 2014 so i was rooting for you guys in the playoffs last fall
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,722

Post#477 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue May 7, 2019 5:48 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Boston should take advantage of Stevens and fill out the roster with a bunch of smart, hard playing veterans who fit. Start with a Mike Conley type, try to win 55 games every year and hope things break right in the playoffs. Stevens had Jonas Jerebko and Gigi Datome looking like building blocks at one point. The more coaching and less policing/mediating he has to do will have the Celtics in a much better space.

They have 3 first round picks in the draft. If they sign AD, they could use those picks for high floor guys.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#478 » by midranger » Tue May 7, 2019 5:57 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Boston should take advantage of Stevens and fill out the roster with a bunch of smart, hard playing veterans who fit. Start with a Mike Conley type, try to win 55 games every year and hope things break right in the playoffs. Stevens had Jonas Jerebko and Gigi Datome looking like building blocks at one point. The more coaching and less policing/mediating he has to do will have the Celtics in a much better space.

They have 3 first round picks in the draft. If they sign AD, they could use those picks for high floor guys.

Problem with this is Anthony Davis is not a FA.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,407

Post#479 » by Indomitable » Tue May 7, 2019 5:58 pm

ElPeregrino wrote:And to think I was mildly concerned after Game 1. WTF was I thinking?

That man still does not get why everyone is laughing about the Wade situation. He must get paid by the dumb comment.
:banghead:
ampd
RealGM
And1: 4,883

Post#480 » by ampd » Tue May 7, 2019 6:13 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:I’m going to resist the urge to look ahead, and just enjoy each game and series.

I have a ton of respect for Brad Stevens, and his lack of answers for Giannis speaks volumes to Giannis’ dominance. The Shaq and Hakeem statistical comparisons have been made a lot recently, and although their styles are so different, both remain high praise as to the level of dominance Greek Freak is displaying night in and night out. Historical numbers on really low minute totals.

Not only did I think Boston would defend #34 better, I also thought their offense would be more versatile. Horford can’t really score unassisted vs Giannis. Kyrie is having trouble getting good looks vs our length. Their wings are all very good, but none are taking over or exceeding expectations.

I think Ainge has done a phenomenal job, and yet ultimately failed to give Stevens a team that can eliminate Mil or Tor in a 7 game series.

The problem with giannis is that hes so good and so physical that you can't realistically defend him with only one player, it has to be with help.

And unlike today's other mostly perimeter oriented superstars, the shots he creates for himself are point blank layups and dunks, so there really isnt any simply trying to get a hand in his face or forcing him into tough shots, because the shots he takes, he just isnt going to miss very often.

The teams that have done the best against us often just sell out against giannis and hope the rest of our guys miss. That's basically what worked for them in game 1. But in the last 3 games selling out against giannis hasn't even stopped giannis. At that point there really isnt much left for a coach to do.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks