Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,480

Re: Horsts bench mob 

Post#21 » by neiLz » Tue May 7, 2019 1:55 pm

sdn40 wrote:Are we paying Hill 19m ?
Next year is 18m ?
Love him but that's a lot of money. I suck at the NBA financials. Can anyone give the details on his contract and status etc etc. Would love to have him back, but don't think we can fit him in financially
Thanks

He has only 1 mil guaranteed on his contract next year so the bucks will cut him and he will only cost 1 mil of a cap hit. He's been great but 18 mil is too much to keep him around with Midds, Mirotic, Lopez as free agents. Hopefully he agrees to come back on a vet min/smaller deal, but he has played his way into a solid offer from a team looking for a savvy vet.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,775

Re: Horsty's bench mob 

Post#22 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue May 7, 2019 1:58 pm

chonestown wrote:The Lone Horstmen of the Apocalypse

First thought was Four Horstmen but there are more than four of them.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,677

Post#23 » by chonestown » Tue May 7, 2019 2:00 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
chonestown wrote:The Lone Horstmen of the Apocalypse

First thought was Four Horstmen but there are more than four of them.

Ha! Same disclaimer stampeded round my headspace.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,416

Post#24 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue May 7, 2019 2:09 pm

Being able to bring Pat back for $1.7m next year is pretty neat.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#25 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue May 7, 2019 2:13 pm

May we look back fondly at some previous bench mobs.

A fresh faced 19* year old Ersan, a grizzled Skinner back for a second stint, Ruben Patterson playing his heart out to potentially recuperate court future court fees, Jared Reiner (yes really Jared Reiner).

Ahh what a great year. The year Hammond took over Larry Harris' mess and went to town. The dynamic duo of Elson and Allen off the bench left many teams without answers. Joe Alexander perfectly complimenting Ramon Sessions' floor game deeming the pair untouchable. A hungry Keith Bogans picked up in a savy midseason deal for free agent signing future NBA champion coach Tyronn Lue. Damon freakin Jones 5 years past his expiration date.

Can you believe we STOLE CDR for a second rounder? Timely free agent signing Keyon Dooling provided us with nearly 2000 minutes of phenomenal play. Jon Brockman trick shots? Corey Maggette barreling his way through the lane? 2 Brian Skinner signings? What more could you ask for.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
LarryHarris
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#26 » by LarryHarris » Tue May 7, 2019 5:13 pm

Baddy Chuck wrote:\

Ahh what a great year. The year Hammond took over Larry Harris' mess and went to town. The dynamic duo of Elson and Allen off the bench left many teams without answers. Joe Alexander perfectly complimenting Ramon Sessions' floor game deeming the pair untouchable. A hungry Keith Bogans picked up in a savy midseason deal for free agent signing future NBA champion coach Tyronn Lue. Damon freakin Jones 5 years past his expiration date.

why are there two #13s in this photo?
"It is time." -Kevin Greene to Clay Matthews at Super Bowl XLV

"I ain't got time for jokers to be bangin' on the drum." -Gary Ellerson
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#27 » by M-C-G » Tue May 7, 2019 5:30 pm

What about something around the word 'minutemen'

Minuteman[ min-it-man ]SHOW IPA
EXAMPLES|WORD ORIGIN
noun, plural Min·ute·men.
( sometimes lowercase ) a member of a group of American militiamen just before and during the Revolutionary War who held themselves in readiness for instant military service.

a U.S. intercontinental ballistic missile with three stages, powered by solid-propellant rocket engines.

a member of a small, secret, ultraconservative organization formed into armed groups for the declared purpose of conducting guerrilla warfare against a communist invasion of the U.S.
Turd Ferguson
Rookie
And1: 160

Post#28 » by Turd Ferguson » Tue May 7, 2019 5:37 pm

Horsty's Heavy Hitters #TripleH

Heavy-Hitting H Squad

Ye Olde H-Squad Of FedEx Righteousness

Basketball Genius Brigade

Lorde John's Latter-Day Subs

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using RealGM mobile app
trwi7 wrote:Monta's career has done a complete 360 since he was traded here.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#29 » by Licensed to Il » Tue May 7, 2019 5:37 pm

Pat C is such an ideal sub for us. He gets you the marginal outside shooting you expect in a white guy from Notre Dame. But the surprise factor and hidden value is in how well he closes out on D. He also is a fierce rebounder for a guard/wing.
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,915

Post#30 » by Brewhoopfan » Tue May 7, 2019 7:18 pm

What a difference a year makes. With no Giannis or Middleton, last year's bench had no chance to compete. Horst has brought in some good players, no doubt, but I'm giving most of the credit to Bud. He's brought out the best in every player on the roster. Even Henson was playing well before the injury and subsequent trade. We've gone from an F level coach in this department to an A level coach. He's shown confidence in them all season, and has been rewarded with production. The ultimate confidence being NOT tightening the rotation in the playoffs. And with Bud, it truly is about production. We're not far removed from Brown getting most of Pat's minutes when he was playing well. Now the opposite is happening, and guess what? No drama. They are all bought in. And with Malcolm coming back soon, this bench unit is only getting stronger.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,371

Post#31 » by M-C-G » Tue May 7, 2019 7:27 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:Pat C is such an ideal sub for us. He gets you the marginal outside shooting you expect in a white guy from Notre Dame. But the surprise factor and hidden value is in how well he closes out on D. He also is a fierce rebounder for a guard/wing.

Brook Lopez, Brogdon, Sterling Brown, PatC collectively make 1.5M less than Delladova. I think the cool thing about PatC, there are guys like that out there, where playing with Giannis and Bud, kind of unlocks their value.
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#32 » by IrishRainbow » Tue May 7, 2019 9:06 pm

Craftworks

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
MelbourneBuck
Junior
And1: 290

Post#33 » by MelbourneBuck » Tue May 7, 2019 9:58 pm

Speaking of bench guys Thon forced his way off a team that is likely going to the conference finals and has a real shot at a championship. A Kyrie level genius move.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#34 » by DutchManDanFan » Tue May 7, 2019 11:50 pm

MelbourneBuck wrote:Speaking of bench guys Thon forced his way off a team that is likely going to the conference finals and has a real shot at a championship. A Kyrie level genius move.

If Bucks win he gets a ring as well isn't it? This move for him is by far the best chance to ever win a ring. Brilliant move.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,748

Post#35 » by Treebeard » Wed May 8, 2019 12:12 am

Just keep it simple: "The Horstmen"
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#36 » by bucksfansince88 » Wed May 8, 2019 12:39 am

Treebeard wrote:Just keep it simple: "The Horstmen"

Think we got a winner
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#37 » by hege53190 » Wed May 8, 2019 12:53 am

paulpressey25 wrote:We need an original name for these guys, but yeah, Horst (working with Bud) has brought in high quality guys.

Would caution though about the "Jordan Bulls" effect that you're seeing out there. We've reached that point where everyone now can produce in the eco-system those three guys (Giannis, Bud, Horst) have developed. That situation is extremely rare.

I would warn against the all inclusive "everyone". Delly and Thon still looked like dog **** in it. You still have to have talent.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Post#38 » by thomchatt3rton » Wed May 8, 2019 3:14 am

IrishRainbow wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:We need an original name for these guys, but yeah, Horst (working with Bud) has brought in high quality guys.

Would caution though about the "Jordan Bulls" effect that you're seeing out there. We've reached that point where everyone now can produce in the eco-system those three guys (Giannis, Bud, Horst) have developed. That situation is extremely rare.
Obviously Herd is taken. What about The Back 40? The Gun Rack (might not be PC)? The Calling? Velvet Underground?

Velvet Underground? Who is who in this analogy? Who is Mo Tucker?
IrishRainbow
Veteran
And1: 900

Post#39 » by IrishRainbow » Wed May 8, 2019 5:11 pm

thomchatt3rton wrote:
IrishRainbow wrote:

Obviously Herd is taken. What about The Back 40? The Gun Rack (might not be PC)? The Calling? Velvet Underground?

Velvet Underground? Who is who in this analogy? Who is Mo Tucker?

Mallory clearly...honorable mention DJ? (Dont @ me PC police)

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#40 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed May 8, 2019 5:26 pm

Bud’s Bunch :wink:

Return to Milwaukee Bucks