Boston, tell mean how your assets taste? *Shaq “Kobe how my ass taste?” voice*
Sky High
Sixth Man
And1: 280

Re: PG: BYE BYE BOSTON - BUCKS ROLL TO ECF 

Post#402 » by Sky High » Thu May 9, 2019 8:53 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Sky High wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:I really want to fly back sometime around the Finals just to hang out downtown because I think tickets to the Finals might be too rich for me. Yes, I'm looking ahead to the Finals. Soaking up some of my peoples energy around the Forum is the next best thing to being inside. It's about time for my pilgrimage to the motherland anyway. What a great excuse!

You should. Being outside the arena last night was unreal. The atmosphere was electric, maybe even more so than inside the forum itself. I have NEVER seen downtown Milwaukee overflowing with people like I did last night. The city is alive. The owners deserve so much credit for bringing life to this part of the city. They've done everything they promised.

I plan on watching all of the upcoming games at the deer district. This is what it's all about. The energy and comrodory was surreal.

I had planned to stop into The Mecca Bar for a pregame beer. Being that it is a 750 person capacity bar, I thought this would be no problem. As I'm getting ready at home, TMJ4 is reporting at 5pm that Mecca bar is at capacity, people have been lined up for hours before it opened and there's a line hundreds of people long to get into it. Just completely floored by the level of people going down there to watch the game without tickets. Just unbelievable.

Have a feeling that next year, you'll need tickets to get into that bar for a playoff game. Heck, maybe a regular season game.

It's a beautiful thing. Time are changing! Such an exciting time for the city and state.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#403 » by old skool » Thu May 9, 2019 9:44 pm

rrayy wrote:ESPN absolutely has a bias against small markets. It's not a debate. All you have to do is look at their NBA coverage. All you hear about is LA & Labron, Boston, and NY. And you want to know why their ratings are in the toilet? That is the reason. Nobody wants to listen to that crap anymore.

ESPN loves stars. and eyeballs on those stars. When Lebron was in Miami, the NBA's 17th largest media market (slightly smaller than average), the Heat were on ESPN all the time. When Lebron moved back to Cleveland, the Cavs were on TV a ton even though Cleveland is the 20th largest NBA media market.

Three years ago the Bucks had a couple of national TV games. This year, with Antetokounmpo ascending, the Bucks had about 20 national TV games. The increased TV coverage had nothing to do with market size.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#404 » by FrieAaron » Thu May 9, 2019 10:14 pm

old skool wrote:
rrayy wrote:ESPN absolutely has a bias against small markets. It's not a debate. All you have to do is look at their NBA coverage. All you hear about is LA & Labron, Boston, and NY. And you want to know why their ratings are in the toilet? That is the reason. Nobody wants to listen to that crap anymore.

ESPN loves stars. and eyeballs on those stars. When Lebron was in Miami, the NBA's 17th largest media market (slightly smaller than average), the Heat were on ESPN all the time. When Lebron moved back to Cleveland, the Cavs were on TV a ton even though Cleveland is the 20th largest NBA media market.

Three years ago the Bucks had a couple of national TV games. This year, with Antetokounmpo ascending, the Bucks had about 20 national TV games. The increased TV coverage had nothing to do with market size.

Yeah this is more about them being slow on the uptake in regards to how good the Bucks are, because Giannis is certainly getting there as a star. You're starting to see more and more talking heads get on the Bucks now that they crushing it on a big stage. Early in this season for Barkley it was "Giannis has no help" and now we're his favorites to with the championship.
DutchManDanFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#405 » by DutchManDanFan » Thu May 9, 2019 10:24 pm

We must sweep the Raptors so Boston fans can say they did pretty well winning one game against the Bucks.
yannisk
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,736

Post#406 » by yannisk » Thu May 9, 2019 10:33 pm

tedbrogen wrote: Imagine if the Bucks actually had traded the Giannis pick to the Hawks for a Josh Smith rental.

if DceBucks was still around he would tell you that Giannis is basically Josh Smith (anybody else remember him?)
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#407 » by MiltownHawkeye » Thu May 9, 2019 10:48 pm

yannisk wrote:
tedbrogen wrote: Imagine if the Bucks actually had traded the Giannis pick to the Hawks for a Josh Smith rental.

if DceBucks was still around he would tell you that Giannis is basically Josh Smith (anybody else remember him?)

My signature is a Dcebucks reference lol
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,315

Post#408 » by jute2003 » Thu May 9, 2019 10:48 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:I'm not sure if I've ever been to a better Bucks game than last night. Atmosphere was on a different level. The mood around the forum was just complete and total confidence even before the tip. Bucks jumped on the Celtics and crowd did too.

This is what we've always wanted. Now, I'm going to get greedy and want it all though.

Ran into some RealGM member last night, not sure who (he didn't want to say)....but whoever you were....good to meet you!
Had to have been Twirly or dcebucks
only a fan, only an opinion
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#409 » by Fotis St » Thu May 9, 2019 11:40 pm

So happy for this 6 year journey as a Bucks' fan.

Giannis erased the 9 number and draw 8 ... Well you know what that means ?

It's 8 Wins to Championship.

Stay hungry, Let's Do This.
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,224

Post#410 » by HKPackFan » Thu May 9, 2019 11:49 pm

yannisk wrote:

15ppg MAX!

and didn't he like mirotic over Giannis at one point?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#411 » by Mags FTW » Thu May 9, 2019 11:57 pm

buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#412 » by buckboy » Fri May 10, 2019 12:25 am

Fotis St wrote:So happy for this 6 year journey as a Bucks' fan.

Thank God for Thon. Turned into Mirotic.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,772

Post#413 » by bucksfansince88 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:33 am

jute2003 wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:I'm not sure if I've ever been to a better Bucks game than last night. Atmosphere was on a different level. The mood around the forum was just complete and total confidence even before the tip. Bucks jumped on the Celtics and crowd did too.

This is what we've always wanted. Now, I'm going to get greedy and want it all though.

Ran into some RealGM member last night, not sure who (he didn't want to say)....but whoever you were....good to meet you!
Had to have been Twirly or dcebucks

We are global, i bumped into one in Mexico, don’t mind outing myself.
Fotis St
General Manager
And1: 2,870

Post#414 » by Fotis St » Fri May 10, 2019 12:51 am

Mamba is looking on details
Draft picks: '15 Jerian Grant, '16 Thon Maker, '17 Isaiah Hartenstein/*John Collins, '18 TD Devonte Graham, Hamidou Diallo, '20 Sam Merrill, Killian Tillie, '21 Joe Wieskamp, '22 TU C.Braun/G.Procida '23 Tristan Vukcevic/Maxwell Lewis
Neuromancer56
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Post#415 » by Neuromancer56 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:23 am

It felt like the Celtics weren't even trying to win game 5. I've never seen a team with less competitive fire than that. Is it that their chemistry was so bad, or the Bucks were just that dominant?
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,410

Post#416 » by SupremeHustle » Fri May 10, 2019 1:26 am

Fotis St wrote:So happy for this 6 year journey as a Bucks' fan.

Homey said six years. BLLLFLLFJDKFJHLJDHFSJDHFJDSJHFL!!!!
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#417 » by ibanezjp » Fri May 10, 2019 2:40 am

ampd wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
kid idioteque wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter

As bad as Gery was before, this new Gery that openly roots for their opponents is just sad.

I get it, your hot takes about Jabari and a few other former bucks didn't pan out, but that's just part of being a sports journalist. At this point he's just embarrassing himself.

I love how Nehm and Madden trash him on the locked on bucks podcast when they get the chance and even Bart Winkler laughs when he talks about him and tries to call him out on his craziness during interviews with him. Not sure why 1250 still has any ties with him. The guy is done.
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#418 » by ibanezjp » Fri May 10, 2019 2:47 am

Anybody know what happened to SithLordAR on Twitter? His account is deleted. I’m assuming he quit after the Boston fans got at him so much after game 1. I really wanted to see his reaction rubbing it in Boston’s face after we won. Does anybody know if he’s on any other social platforms. Has he ever been a member here?
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#419 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:09 am

ibanezjp wrote:Anybody know what happened to SithLordAR on Twitter? His account is deleted. I’m assuming he quit after the Boston fans got at him so much after game 1. I really wanted to see his reaction rubbing it in Boston’s face after we won. Does anybody know if he’s on any other social platforms. Has he ever been a member here?

To the best of my knowledge he was not on here ever. I missed the fireworks last week and did not know the context of why he left twitter.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,755

Post#420 » by Prez » Fri May 10, 2019 8:22 am

ibanezjp wrote:Anybody know what happened to SithLordAR on Twitter? His account is deleted. I’m assuming he quit after the Boston fans got at him so much after game 1. I really wanted to see his reaction rubbing it in Boston’s face after we won. Does anybody know if he’s on any other social platforms. Has he ever been a member here?

Some Celtics fans dug up some bad/offensive tweets of his from like 7-8 years ago and it got messy.

I thought he had some pretty crappy Bucks takes tbh so it's whatever.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks