Post#421 » by rrayy » Fri May 10, 2019 10:39 am

Paul Pierce faces the music:

MAC1987
Starter
And1: 526

Re: PG: BYE BYE BOSTON - BUCKS ROLL TO ECF 

Post#422 » by MAC1987 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:29 am

rrayy wrote:Paul Pierce faces the music:

First, that was hilarious. But 2nd they made a really good point about Kyrie. He came in to a team that did well in the playoffs without him last year (And Hayward), and Kyrie expected/wanted to be putting up 20-30 shots. He even said after his 8-22 performance he should've shot 30.

He wanted his ISO plays and that team is not built for Kyrie to play ISO.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#423 » by drew881 » Fri May 10, 2019 11:38 am

greekbuck34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oof:

“So, if Bledsoe can’t do the job on Irving, who will Budenholzer turn to for that difficult assignment? Sterling Brown? George Hill? Pat Connaughton? LOL.”
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#424 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:34 pm

drew881 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oof:

“So, if Bledsoe can’t do the job on Irving, who will Budenholzer turn to for that difficult assignment? Sterling Brown? George Hill? Pat Connaughton? LOL.”

I want to take Gery to Vegas with me and just fade any prediction or pick he has. I could retire the following week.

Is it common for an NBA writer/blogger to "LOL" ?? :lol:
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,
blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
PedroGrande
Analyst
And1: 731

Post#425 » by PedroGrande » Fri May 10, 2019 1:10 pm

Gery family members should convince him to retire already. He is just embarassing himself each time he writes something
"Hope isn't a plan"
drew881
RealGM

Post#426 » by drew881 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:34 pm

PedroGrande wrote:Gery family members should convince him to retire already. He is just embarassing himself each time he writes something

That would mean big boy has more time to embarrass them at family events. They want him busy.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,124

Post#427 » by DingleJerry » Fri May 10, 2019 1:42 pm

I mean, what's his beef? Is he just bitter at the team at this point, like the new management doesn't give him sources/leaks and he's mad about it? He can't be this mad or dug in over the Jabari stuff can he? At this point he's just anti Bucks and almost trolling the team
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
BuckFan25226
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,010

Post#428 » by BuckFan25226 » Fri May 10, 2019 1:54 pm

At this point, any prediction he has regarding the Bucks is what he wants to happen, not want he thinks will happen. He's lost all perspective, it's sad.
"didnt you watch the game with the raptors?bucks is also a playoff team ,they have enough ability to find wins from dalas and utach,

blow jazzs bitches and mavericks bitches out !"

- yiyiyi
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#429 » by ibanezjp » Fri May 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Prez wrote:
ibanezjp wrote:Anybody know what happened to SithLordAR on Twitter? His account is deleted. I’m assuming he quit after the Boston fans got at him so much after game 1. I really wanted to see his reaction rubbing it in Boston’s face after we won. Does anybody know if he’s on any other social platforms. Has he ever been a member here?

Some Celtics fans dug up some bad/offensive tweets of his from like 7-8 years ago and it got messy.

I thought he had some pretty crappy Bucks takes tbh so it's whatever.

Wow, did not know that. Just goes to show you, be careful at all times what you put on social media. It’s out there forever. It kinda sucks too like what we’ve seen with players and celebrities (Hader, James Gunn, etc) that people will spend a lot of time looking for old tweets just to bring people down. I’m not saying it’s ok what those people said/posted in the past but just kind of sad people go looking for a way to bring someone down who they don’t even know.

I wasn’t in love with his takes on the bucks, it was just super entertaining. I wanted to see him go on a tirade after we won!
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#430 » by paulpressey25 » Fri May 10, 2019 2:18 pm

This is worth a listen if you are looking for 30 minutes to kill this morning.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/clns-radio-online-sports-talk-radio/good-n-plenty-with-jeff-goodman

Bob Ryan goes crazy angry at all things Celtics, similar to how Ed O'Bradovich and Doug Buffone would meltdown on the SCORE after the Packers would beat down the Bears.

Ryan is furious at Kryie for letting down the Celtic legacy, questions whether Stevens hurt team chemistry by giving Butler friend Gordon Hayward minutes he didn't deserve, and then they both go out after Jayson Tatum for not fulfilling his destiny as an NBA superstar.

Your mileage may vary, but I found it fantastic. 8-)
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,654

Post#431 » by MikeIsGood » Fri May 10, 2019 2:24 pm

drew881 wrote:
greekbuck34 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oof:

Yo, this is like a legendarily bad take.
drew881
RealGM

Post#432 » by drew881 » Fri May 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Bad takes aside, the LOL in caps is what makes it legendary. 1) a sports writer probably shouldn’t use LOL, even in a tweet. 2) Gery probably just stopped saying “Not!” a couple years ago.
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,946

Post#433 » by sidney lanier » Fri May 10, 2019 3:59 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:This is worth a listen if you are looking for 30 minutes to kill this morning.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/clns-radio-online-sports-talk-radio/good-n-plenty-with-jeff-goodman

Bob Ryan goes crazy angry at all things Celtics, similar to how Ed O'Bradovich and Doug Buffone would meltdown on the SCORE after the Packers would beat down the Bears.

Ryan is furious at Kryie for letting down the Celtic legacy, questions whether Stevens hurt team chemistry by giving Butler friend Gordon Hayward minutes he didn't deserve, and then they both go out after Jayson Tatum for not fulfilling his destiny as an NBA superstar.

Enjoyed that, thanks. Not quite the exasperation level you used to get from Ed and Doug and which I used to look forward to after a Bears loss ("Doug, Doug, just answer me this: how the HELL do you have 38 yards rushing against this team?"), but still nice to hear Ryan ripping those Beantown quittahs.

Earlier I posted that this Celtics season requires a reassessment of wunderkind coach Brad Stevens. He acknowledged after Game 5 that he failed to help his team find the right chemistry. Certainly a black mark on his resume.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#434 » by giannis and 1 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:09 pm

I find it funny how before the series, I predicted Bucks in 5.

Then game 1 happened and I was ready to jump off a bridge, and thought to myself how could I be so stupid to think it would be that easy of a series?

Then Giannis, Budenholzer, Middleton, and our bench took over and my original prediction came true :lol:. I've been disappointed a lot of times by my teams and whenever they go through adversity, they usually never make it out even though I'm a ridiculous optimist and believer to the very end. It just never pays off for me, but this Bucks team really just took a beating in game 1 to utterly and completely turn the tables around and dominate the Celtics in a way that I am used to only having come true in my head.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#435 » by Licensed to Il » Sat May 11, 2019 9:36 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:This is worth a listen if you are looking for 30 minutes to kill this morning.

Enjoyed that, thanks. Not quite the exasperation level you used to get from Ed and Doug and which I used to look forward to after a Bears loss ("Doug, Doug, just answer me this: how the HELL do you have 38 yards rushing against this team?"), but still nice to hear Ryan ripping those Beantown quittahs.

Earlier I posted that this Celtics season requires a reassessment of wunderkind coach Brad Stevens. He acknowledged after Game 5 that he failed to help his team find the right chemistry. Certainly a black mark on his resume.

I too, loved Buffone and OB.

I’m not sure this series loss is a black mark for Stevens in the long term. He clearly had the worse team, and even won a road game. When things stabilized, not even the worst Boston homers thought that the Celts would win.

I think it is possible for a good coach to be out coached by another good coach. And when one guy has the best overall player, it shouldn't really even be a surprise.
JustinCredible
Head Coach
And1: 2,965

Post#436 » by JustinCredible » Sun May 12, 2019 4:36 pm

Not sure where to put this, but I just finished my video tribute to the Bucks for beating the Celtics.

It is long, but the last 4 minutes will give you the feels. Enjoy.

All posts are my own opinion.
Twitter: @itsjwills
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#437 » by TroyD92 » Sun May 12, 2019 4:40 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
ibanezjp wrote:Anybody know what happened to SithLordAR on Twitter? His account is deleted. I’m assuming he quit after the Boston fans got at him so much after game 1. I really wanted to see his reaction rubbing it in Boston’s face after we won. Does anybody know if he’s on any other social platforms. Has he ever been a member here?

To the best of my knowledge he was not on here ever. I missed the fireworks last week and did not know the context of why he left twitter.

Fun fact. i always thought SithLord and TPC were the same person. :lol:
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#438 » by ibanezjp » Mon May 13, 2019 6:45 pm

JustinCredible wrote:Not sure where to put this, but I just finished my video tribute to the Bucks for beating the Celtics.

Awesome job on this man!!! Really good!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#439 » by trwi7 » Mon May 13, 2019 6:48 pm

JustinCredible wrote:Not sure where to put this, but I just finished my video tribute to the Bucks for beating the Celtics.

Only got the feels the last 3:08.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#440 » by buckboy » Mon May 13, 2019 7:25 pm

-Too much Cowherd. Man that guy is an insufferable prick.

-Other than that, really well-done.

-I expect a 7 hour season overview video by the draft.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."

Return to Milwaukee Bucks