ImageImage

Raptors Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,514

Re: Raptors Lead Up 

Post#221 » by RogerMurdock » Mon May 13, 2019 9:00 pm

Bucks in 6, but with the exchange rate, Bucks in 5.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#222 » by DingleJerry » Mon May 13, 2019 9:01 pm

glenn wrote:
rrayy wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
They really aren’t. There are a few homers, but I’ve seen just as many predicting the Raptors lose.
You obviously haven't dealt with the fans I have. There absolutely is arrogance there.

Eh, I've read some of your interactions over there and no one is saying anything outlandish to you. They are looking for reasons to trust their team just like we are.

Yes, and I think it would be fair to say that you've been aggressive and confrontational in all of it too.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#223 » by rrayy » Mon May 13, 2019 9:06 pm

glenn wrote:
rrayy wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
They really aren’t. There are a few homers, but I’ve seen just as many predicting the Raptors lose.
You obviously haven't dealt with the fans I have. There absolutely is arrogance there.

Eh, I've read some of your interactions over there and no one is saying anything outlandish to you. They are looking for reasons to trust their team just like we are.
I don't think you are reading closely. You had one fan acting like the Boston was a team of scrubs and discounting them in every way possible to make it look like the Raptors had by far the tougher road. I was the one who said the road was equal. Which one was the more outlandish?
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,803

Post#224 » by Prez » Mon May 13, 2019 9:11 pm

All 4 fanbases of the top 4 East teams are annoying lol. There just happens to be way more Raptors fans on here than the other 3.

At least their team truly is really good and they have a reason to be super confident, unlike Boston fans.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,670

Post#225 » by Ron Swanson » Mon May 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Bucks in 6.

It's destiny.
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#226 » by rrayy » Mon May 13, 2019 10:09 pm

Bucks in 7 because I want to clinch at home and I don't think they will be able to do it in 5.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#227 » by giannis and 1 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:09 pm

This series is very personal for me because I'm from Vancouver.

Everyone here is a Raptor fan including all my friends. The Craptors get hyped nonstop here by the national media which is situated in Toronto (TSN and Sportsnet). The Toronto media is pathetic. I realize local sports medias are a little biased but this is a situation where the national sports media is basically a local media for all the **** Toronto teams because the Craptors and Blow Jobs are the only teams Canada has in those two sports. So they assume (and kind of expect) loyalty to them by Canadian sports fans outside Ontario. Even in hockey, Toronto is the biggest market in the world, and is seen as the center of the universe, so we have to listen to the national media suck them dry as well, even though there are 6 other Canadian NHL teams.

It pisses me off that there are so many Craptor and BJ fans here just because they're the only NBA/MLB teams in a Canadian city. It's a pretty stupid reason to be a fan of them imo. How can that be such a big reason for having an allegiance to a team lol? Especially since they are across the continent for a lot of ppl. You'd think there would be other factors like a teams history, how good they are at the time, etc. when it comes to choosing a team. I guess its the fact that all their games are on tv.

Another thing is that the Raptors are part of the reason that Vancouver hasn't got back an NBA team. I think Vancouver could support a team now but the Raptors and their media would hate it since they would lose fans and money, and they lobby against it.

Lets go Bucks. **** these guys up so I can throw it in the face of all my friends, and watch the dumbasses on TSN and Sportsnet whine and cry.

Bucks in 6.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#228 » by drew881 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:43 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:Bucks in 6, but with the exchange rate, Bucks in 5.

Any jokes in these 12 pages about loonies and toonies? Or about the Raptors no longer needing to worry about using socialized health care after getting hit with thon’s pointy elbows?
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#229 » by drew881 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 pm

Going Bucks in 7. Kawhi is going Jordan during these playoffs; that and their homecourt will be enough to get them 3 games.
AndreasLeftCalf
Analyst
And1: 3,904

Post#230 » by AndreasLeftCalf » Mon May 13, 2019 11:04 pm

goodluck guys should be a fun one. if its not the raptors i **** hope you guys win the ship
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#231 » by H2tObes » Mon May 13, 2019 11:11 pm

rrayy wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
LedZepp007 wrote:I’m already **** sick of raptors fans. We really need to beat them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you going to their board or something? The ones here have been fine.
Go to the general forum. Their arrogance is off the charts.

Do you realize how many fans they have on here? Of course some are annoying, just like us. Take it in stride, this is part of the fun.

You are supposed to think your team is going to win
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#232 » by HurricaneKid » Tue May 14, 2019 12:27 am

Its going to be a far uglier series. Tor has incredible defensive personnel. Lowry/Green/Kawhi/Siak/Gasol with Ibaka, FVV is pretty problematic on that side of the ball. Pascal's inability to shoot, Gasols unwillingness TO shoot, lack of wing depth with Anunoby out are plenty to pick on and we should comfortably handle them. But the amount of confidence is a little unnerving.

Especially WRT Warriors who will not only have KD back but Boogie as well by the Finals.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,653

Post#233 » by TroyD92 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:32 am

HurricaneKid wrote:Its going to be a far uglier series. Tor has incredible defensive personnel. Lowry/Green/Kawhi/Siak/Gasol with Ibaka, FVV is pretty problematic on that side of the ball. Pascal's inability to shoot, Gasols unwillingness TO shoot, lack of wing depth with Anunoby out are plenty to pick on and we should comfortably handle them. But the amount of confidence is a little unnerving.

Especially WRT Warriors who will not only have KD back but Boogie as well by the Finals.

Boogie was really bad during the regular season and I don’t think he will help them much.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#234 » by Pachinko_ » Tue May 14, 2019 12:34 am

giannis and 1 wrote:This series is very personal for me because I'm from Vancouver.

Everyone here is a Raptor fan including all my friends. The Craptors get hyped nonstop here by the national media which is situated in Toronto (TSN and Sportsnet). The Toronto media is pathetic. I realize local sports medias are a little biased but this is a situation where the national sports media is basically a local media for all the **** Toronto teams because the Craptors and Blow Jobs are the only teams Canada has in those two sports. So they assume (and kind of expect) loyalty to them by Canadian sports fans outside Ontario. Even in hockey, Toronto is the biggest market in the world, and is seen as the center of the universe, so we have to listen to the national media suck them dry as well, even though there are 6 other Canadian NHL teams.

It pisses me off that there are so many Craptor and BJ fans here just because they're the only NBA/MLB teams in a Canadian city. It's a pretty stupid reason to be a fan of them imo. How can that be such a big reason for having an allegiance to a team lol? Especially since they are across the continent for a lot of ppl. You'd think there would be other factors like a teams history, how good they are at the time, etc. when it comes to choosing a team. I guess its the fact that all their games are on tv.

Another thing is that the Raptors are part of the reason that Vancouver hasn't got back an NBA team. I think Vancouver could support a team now but the Raptors and their media would hate it since they would lose fans and money, and they lobby against it.

Lets go Bucks. **** these guys up so I can throw it in the face of all my friends, and watch the dumbasses on TSN and Sportsnet whine and cry.

Bucks in 6.

Toronto media is a total write off for me since Toronto Star (largest online news site) reported that Ujiri, in his early 20's, helped Gianni's family immigrate to Greece. That's just so bizarre considering Giannis was not even born then, his family had exactly zero to do with basketball at the time, and they were from a different city than Ujiri in a gigantic African nation of 190m people. But somehow 20 something yo Ujiri knew them, decided they are the chosen ones, guessed they would one day give birth to a basketball star, and found it a good idea to help them illegally cross the borders of a European Union country.

And then Toronto Star goes on to report that Ujiri later intervened for Giannis to get his Greek citizenship. Even though it has been reported multiple times in Greek and International media (incl ESPN, NBA.com etc), that this was so hard to do at the time that multiple local personalities failed to influence it and the Greek PM himself had to step in to get it done so that Giannis can play for the national team. And it became such a controversial political issue at the time that the Greek PM had to explain his decision publicly in multiple occasions because it was perceived as against his official (right wing) stance on immigration. But no, it was all due to a random Nigerian basketball dude from Canada LOL

I mean I've seen some bad reporting before but this is 3rd rate tabloid stuff.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#235 » by vegaspacker » Tue May 14, 2019 12:36 am

I know people have concerns about Kawhai rightfully so, but I think Bud is in the dungeon working out the kinks.

We have a lot of guys to really create a bunch of frustrations for him. Midds should be able to do some things, he has size and can be crafty if dialed in. Ersan to get a charge or two. Snell, hasn't seen the floor much but has length to disrupt him. Brown can be a physical player that requires extra effort. We could even throw DJ out there for a few minutes due to his high energy level.

And....we have a Giannis.

so ........

Leonard goes from this

to this

Kawhai is about to continue to show emotions.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,541

Post#236 » by Profound23 » Tue May 14, 2019 12:47 am

AndreasLeftCalf wrote:goodluck guys should be a fun one. if its not the raptors i **** hope you guys win the ship

Ditto
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,499

Post#237 » by old skool » Tue May 14, 2019 1:46 am

Toronto is a good team that could beat the Bucks. I could see the Bucks in 5. Or 6 or 7. Or Toronto in 7. I think we learn a lot about this team in this series.

Fans tend to try to project how a series will go by looking at past performances. I have been intrigued lately by the Bucks talking about the need to get better every week. It sounds like they are working on specific things to get better, rather than just resting up waiting for the next series to begin. That makes sense, for a team that added Hill and Mirotic on the fly, without the benefit of a training camp.
TD75
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#238 » by TD75 » Tue May 14, 2019 2:18 am

If Toronto wins, it will be in 6.
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: wtf is a "fit" with Giannis. hes an amazing talent but he is being over utilized offensively and too many other guys are taking flak for our failures on that end.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,900

Post#239 » by jschligs » Tue May 14, 2019 2:19 am

Looking back at the regular seasons series, it's hilarious who we had on our roster for the first game. Thon, Henson, Wood, and Delly. Our mid-season moves were huge in our success.

I'll be curious to see how many minutes Brogdon gets game 1. 20-25?
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#240 » by Coach Carter » Tue May 14, 2019 2:28 am

Early thoughts:

Game 1, i'm expecting some rustiness ala boston and we face a side that just finished their series.

Bar siakam, the rest of their supporting cast has been ass and yet they reach the ECF, which is a testament of kawhi's talent.

Kawhi is 28 next month, his time is now.

I hate ibaka and especially against us.

Toronto's defense can keep giannis to 20 points but i'm expecting at least two MVP like games.

I think it comes down to everyone not named giannis and kawhi.

Brook bar his rim protection, hasn't shot it well. I'm guessing this changes.

Raptors are prone to mental breakdowns. We saw this against the sixers.

The disparity b/n the two benches should prove telling. This is where we beat them.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks