Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,048

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#301 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 23, 2019 10:40 pm

Well well well.

Rotten Tomatoes is introducing a new metric called Verified Score that will display before Audience Score. Only users who purchased tickets through Fandango will be allowed to score a movie. This should clean out much of the trolls who review bomb movies over race, politics, or sexism. It'll be the audience score people care about.
Aaron It Out
General Manager
And1: 3,101

Post#302 » by Aaron It Out » Thu May 23, 2019 11:27 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Well well well.

Rotten Tomatoes is introducing a new metric called Verified Score that will display before Audience Score. Only users who purchased tickets through Fandango will be allowed to score a movie. This should clean out much of the trolls who review bomb movies over race, politics, or sexism. It'll be the audience score people care about.

Also cleans out anyone who doesn't buy movies on **** Fandango. You think trolls won't pay a little money to troll?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,750

Post#303 » by Licensed to Il » Thu May 23, 2019 11:31 pm

So buying a ticket on Fandango magically cures people of racism, sexism, and political bias?

I actually get your point, and this new feature will diminish mass flash mob type conspiracy activity. But you are surely overstating its power to weed out disingenuous reviews.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#304 » by Ayt » Thu May 23, 2019 11:49 pm

humanrefutation wrote:This is the kind of stuff I missed from GOT - really great character development moments:

I decided to rewatch the first 4 seasons after basically being a one and done viewer throughout the series. I always had it in my mind to go back and rewatch it all after it was over. The first season was incredible even without a massive budget and with countless actors who were clearly green. The things that really stuck out were the dialogue and the pace of every episode. Every scene mattered and there was constant world building and character building in every scene.

How about the Tywin Lannister introductory scene? Nothing even comes close to matching this in the final several seasons. Granted, this is hard to match. Still, this is top notch television. The first several seasons were filled with incredible scenes like this.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#305 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 24, 2019 12:28 am

Aaron It Out wrote:

Also cleans out anyone who doesn't buy movies on **** Fandango. You think trolls won't pay a little money to troll?

I think it's a good trade-off. If the dipsh*t trolls want to fork over their money to give a movie one star, screw it. Let them. At least this weeds out the dickheads who never had any intention to see a movie in the first place.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#306 » by HurricaneKid » Fri May 24, 2019 6:15 am

If you care about the audience score you are doing it all wrong anyways.

Sent from my VS995 using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#307 » by ReasonablySober » Fri May 24, 2019 1:00 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:

If you care about the audience score you are doing it all wrong anyways.

Sent from my VS995 using RealGM mobile app

I certainly never have. I'm just LOL'ing at the people here who hold up Audience Score as the true measure of whether a film is good or not. Rotten Tomatoes themselves just admitted it was a **** up useless measure as it was in the past.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#308 » by buckboy » Fri May 24, 2019 1:02 pm

The wider the gap between critic and audience score, the better the movie.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,419

Post#309 » by MickeyDavis » Fri May 24, 2019 10:27 pm

The Deadwood movie (a long time coming) finally premiers a week from tonight.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,656

Post#310 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri May 24, 2019 11:48 pm

Pretty excited about the Deadwood movie, I should rewatch the series before then. I fell in love with the show when I discovered it but the abrupt ending was weird.

Never started Black Mirror before and watched the first episode the other night, didn’t think it was great. But I think I heard the first episode was one of the worst?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#FreeChuckDiesel
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,286

Post#311 » by Finn » Sat May 25, 2019 12:00 am

I'm watching Deadwood now. It's crazy fun, at least to me (Olyphant is so good). Didn't know anything about a movie. Excellent news.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#312 » by ReasonablySober » Sat May 25, 2019 12:14 am

New Netflix movie The Perfection is great. Horror/thriller. Don't read anything about it. Not even the trailer. Just check it out.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#313 » by Bucksfan28 » Sat May 25, 2019 1:05 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:
Never started Black Mirror before and watched the first episode the other night, didn’t think it was great. But I think I heard the first episode was one of the worst?

It's just not a good indicator of what the show becomes/is. I watched them out of order and that one always felt out of place.

The next two eps in S1 are typically much better received. Ep 3 is a personal favorite.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,324

Post#314 » by Mags FTW » Sat May 25, 2019 1:52 am

buckboy wrote:The wider the gap between critic and audience score, the better the movie.

I think you can get a pretty good read on a movie by looking at a combination of 3 things:
Audience Reviews
Critic Reviews
Box Office ROI

Good Audience, Good Critic, Poor Box Office=A good movie that was poorly marketed or handled by the studio, or just a smaller film.

Good Audience, Poor Critic, Good Box Office=Mindless Popcorn Movie with 'Splosions or geared towards a specific audience.

Good in all 3=Just a great movie with wide appeal

Bad in all 3=Bomb

Poor Audience, Good Critic, Poor Box Office=The most controversial of the outcomes. Could be the result of paid off critics. Might be "too smart" for general audiences. Could be that it did not meet the expectations of fans of popular earlier films or source material. Good box office would be a highly anticipated film that people initially saw opening weekend but got bad word of mouth.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#315 » by hege53190 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:46 am

buckboy wrote:The wider the gap between critic and audience score, the better the movie.

The Last Jedi, Hulk, Antz, King Kong, The War of the Worlds and SpyKids have some of the biggest gaps of all-time. Critics loved those movies. Audiences hated them.

Who is right?

For some reason I don't think any of those were to smart for general audiences.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#316 » by buckboy » Sat May 25, 2019 3:45 am

hege53190 wrote:

The Last Jedi, Hulk, Antz, King Kong, The War of the Worlds and SpyKids have some of the biggest gaps of all-time. Critics loved those movies. Audiences hated them.

Who is right?

For some reason I don't think any of those were to smart for general audiences.

Never saw it, like, like, like, like, never saw it.

These are the criteria I would expect to fit my needs.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,739

Post#317 » by emunney » Sat May 25, 2019 3:59 am

Aaron It Out wrote:

I don't think thousands of trolls will buy 100s of tickets each to troll.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,178

Post#318 » by Iheartfootball » Sat May 25, 2019 4:06 am

Bucksfan28 wrote:
StickeeFingaz wrote:

It's just not a good indicator of what the show becomes/is. I watched them out of order and that one always felt out of place.

The next two eps in S1 are typically much better received. Ep 3 is a personal favorite.

Was just thinking about episode three this week. That one still sticks with me. It’s incredible.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#319 » by worthlessBucks » Sat May 25, 2019 4:40 am

emunney wrote:I don't think thousands of trolls will buy 100s of tickets each to troll.

Go Bucks!
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 682

Post#320 » by ejn1214 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:06 am

Has anyone watch the Greasy Strangler, available on prime? I think it's amazing, but it will also work as a great house clearing technique. If you want others to leave or think you are a perverted freak, put this on. Also works great as a gift to the inlaws. Having a live fantasy draft? Put this on in the background. But honestly, if you like weird, you have to give this a try but I would not watch it with your significant other or maybe anyone else unless you know them well. I believe it is truly a new kind of weird that has never been done.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks