ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#1441 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:51 pm

glenn wrote:“One of the all-time greatest directors should have made his universally lauded film a miniseries” is a take I wasn’t expecting to see today.
Ha yeah I see how that sounded. I guess I was just trying to say had I went to a theater and sat through 3 1/2 hours I would have came out thinking it was too damn long.

I can't imagine a normal studio making this for a full theater run would have been cool with this. But hey Netflix gave him the runway and money so it's cool he got to do what he wanted.

Still wish he would have just cast a different actor for the flashbacks instead of deniro playing down like 50 years in age with weird CGI.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1442 » by emunney » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:07 pm

ClassicJack wrote:I'm an hour into The Irishman and the de-aging thing is throwing me off. Deniro looks like an old ass man doing young man sh^t. What was wrong with going The Godfather route and casting a younger guy to play a younger version of the character? And like The Godfather and Brando, the aged up stuff works but I don't think you can really de-age a 75 year old guy.

Yeah the biggest problem is you can't de-age the way he moves. Super distracting.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1443 » by emunney » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:08 pm

It's still a great movie.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,405

Post#1444 » by SupremeHustle » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:33 pm

emunney wrote:
ClassicJack wrote:I'm an hour into The Irishman and the de-aging thing is throwing me off. Deniro looks like an old ass man doing young man sh^t. What was wrong with going The Godfather route and casting a younger guy to play a younger version of the character? And like The Godfather and Brando, the aged up stuff works but I don't think you can really de-age a 75 year old guy.

Yeah the biggest problem is you can't de-age the way he moves. Super distracting.

Captain Marvel suffered from the same affliction re: Sam Jackson's character.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#1445 » by Mags FTW » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:15 pm

emunney wrote:

I was blown away by whatever special effects they used for Sarah and John Connor in the Dark Fate prologue.

It made the CGI Leia and Tarkin in Rogue One look like MS Paint.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,053

Post#1446 » by MissKhriddleton » Sun Dec 1, 2019 5:17 pm

Does anybody have a good system for choosing what movie to watch next especially with a significant other? Not that we're fighting all the time, just that that we get overloaded with so many options and we end up browsing for an hour and a lot of the time end up watching nothing.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,694

Post#1447 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Dec 1, 2019 5:57 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Does anybody have a good system for choosing what movie to watch next especially with a significant other? Not that we're fighting all the time, just that that we get overloaded with so many options and we end up browsing for an hour and a lot of the time end up watching nothing.

Do your research on the internet before turning on the TV. Much faster, IMO.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#1448 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Dec 1, 2019 6:01 pm

Watched The Irishman last night. I enjoyed it but like others I felt it was sort of a drag in the middle. I also thought the soundtrack was lacking...I understand why it went "silent" towards the end during the reflective part but on the whole I didn't think Marty used music as well as he typically does.

Also, did anyone notice that the woman that played Hoffa's wife was also in Goodfellas? I was so happy to make that connection I high fived my imaginary friend.
ejn1214
Pro Prospect
And1: 678

Post#1449 » by ejn1214 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:20 am

Aaron It Out wrote:I'm basically on a never ending quest to find new great horror movies. It's a tough tourney these days, but I'm finding some pretty good ones that dance on the line of being comedies. I really enjoyed Little Monsters especially considering I don't always love zombie movies. Lupita Nyong'o is fantastic in it IMO, so you might like it if you liked her performance in Us.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Have you seen one cut of the dead? I'm not sure where you can see it right now besides shudder but it is very good. Know the first 20 minutes or so are rough to get through but just push on. I too am on a constant quest for good horror movies. Maybe I'll post an exhaustive list for fun. Usually I scour Netflix, Hulu, prime and now j have shudder.

Also saw knives out and it was awesome.
Balls2TheWalls
RealGM
And1: 3,597

Post#1450 » by Balls2TheWalls » Mon Dec 2, 2019 6:58 am

Watchmen is the best show on television. Ridiculous stuff.
SupremeHustle wrote:Salmons might shoot us out of games, but SJAX shoots people out of parking lots. Think about it.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,267

Post#1451 » by KidA24 » Mon Dec 2, 2019 1:10 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Does anybody have a good system for choosing what movie to watch next especially with a significant other? Not that we're fighting all the time, just that that we get overloaded with so many options and we end up browsing for an hour and a lot of the time end up watching nothing.

I kept a trello board (www.trello.com) with a gf for awhile - it worked really well. We'd both put movies on the list, then had a column of "I really want to watch with you" or something, with 3-5 movies, and we'd pick one.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#1452 » by Nightfall » Mon Dec 2, 2019 1:19 pm

KidA24 wrote:

I kept a trello board (www.trello.com) with a gf for awhile - it worked really well. We'd both put movies on the list, then had a column of "I really want to watch with you" or something, with 3-5 movies, and we'd pick one.

I agree. Never decide on the spot. You will end up discussing for an hour after watching a dozen of trailers and never decide.
I keep one queue with films I haven't seen but I know my wife will not want to watch, and one with films that she will like.
At night when the kids are sleeping we will pick one of these (and usually she will fall asleep after 30' and I get to pick one on my list or play xbox :D )
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,882

Post#1453 » by RiotPunch » Tue Dec 3, 2019 8:17 am

Holy **** that last Silicon Valley episode :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ Hanneman needs a spin-off series.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1454 » by crkone » Tue Dec 3, 2019 1:36 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Holy **** that last Silicon Valley episode :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ Hanneman needs a spin-off series.

https://www.squarespace.com/customers/russ-hanneman

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1455 » by crkone » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:34 pm

;feature=youtu.be
David Harbour!

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Post#1456 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 3, 2019 2:36 pm

Pugh, Harbour, and Weicz. Now way I won't be seeing this one.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,863

Post#1457 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:00 pm

Knives Out - Very good and very fun, as expected the cast is great and the movie is in on the joke poking fun at the whodunit murder mystery genre while simultaneously participating in it.

Ford v Ferrari - Good in a vanilla, broad appeal sort of way but sometimes a well executed by the numbers movie is satisfying too. The material was certainly elevated by having Matt Damon and Christian Bale.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1458 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:23 pm

I've barely been able to hang with See, but the first 15 minutes of the 4th episode were really **** intense and excellent.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM

Post#1459 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Dec 3, 2019 10:31 pm

Reading the fan reviews of Watchmen on Rotten Tomatoes and it seems there are three types of people that have watched the show: People that love it, people that thought it was a remake of Watchmen the comic and are furious that it's nothing like the source material, and people that want to join the 7th Cavalry.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1460 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Dec 4, 2019 2:07 pm

Return to Milwaukee Bucks