ImageImage

OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

User avatar
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
Posts: 27,477
And1: 5,184
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: on the Hellmouth
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#721 » by Turk Nowitzki » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:03 pm

Matches Malone wrote:

Easily my favorite thing I've seen from Comic Con so far. This looks really good.
User avatar
crkone
RealGM
Posts: 22,953
And1: 4,515
Joined: Aug 16, 2006

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#722 » by crkone » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:48 pm

Anyone watch the latest BOTW from RLM? That Roar movie looks nuts.

Code: Select all

          o- - -  \o          __|
             o/   /|          vv`\
            /|     |              |
             |    / \_            |
            / \   |               |
           /  |                   |
User avatar
Mags FTW
RealGM
Posts: 30,488
And1: 4,273
Joined: Feb 16, 2006
Location: Flickin' It

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#723 » by Mags FTW » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:47 am

crkone wrote:Anyone watch the latest BOTW from RLM? That Roar movie looks nuts.

User avatar
glenn
Veteran
Posts: 2,732
And1: 2,197
Joined: Oct 05, 2010
Location: Craft Sausages

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#724 » by glenn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:31 am

Whaaaaaat
Read on Twitter
:reporter:
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,259
And1: 7,152
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#725 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:47 am

The fact that Feige even alluded to X-Men and Fantastic 4 being in development is super exciting, but man, that Blade news was AMAZING! He's one of my all time favorite characters and I'm glad they are going back to him.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
RRyder823
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,386
And1: 2,103
Joined: May 06, 2014
   

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#726 » by RRyder823 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:17 am

Matches Malone wrote:The fact that Feige even alluded to X-Men and Fantastic 4 being in development is super exciting, but man, that Blade news was AMAZING! He's one of my all time favorite characters and I'm glad they are going back to him.
Shouldve gotten Michael Jai White of they dont want to use as Snipes again.

But yeah I do love Blade as a character

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,259
And1: 7,152
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#727 » by Matches Malone » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:20 am

RRyder823 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:The fact that Feige even alluded to X-Men and Fantastic 4 being in development is super exciting, but man, that Blade news was AMAZING! He's one of my all time favorite characters and I'm glad they are going back to him.
Shouldve gotten Michael Jai White of they dont want to use as Snipes again.

But yeah I do love Blade as a character

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app


I think Ali will do great in the role.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
RRyder823
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,386
And1: 2,103
Joined: May 06, 2014
   

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#728 » by RRyder823 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:04 am

Matches Malone wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:The fact that Feige even alluded to X-Men and Fantastic 4 being in development is super exciting, but man, that Blade news was AMAZING! He's one of my all time favorite characters and I'm glad they are going back to him.
Shouldve gotten Michael Jai White of they dont want to use as Snipes again.

But yeah I do love Blade as a character

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app


I think Ali will do great in the role.

Read on Twitter
Think he will be fine just mentioning who I wouldve preferred. I love Blade and look forward to it. Snipes better get a cameo though.

The Scarlet Witch show sounds great and from what they say it's going to be required viewing for Doctor Strange..... Ugh though they're actually doing female Thor. There isnt even a Mjolnir in the mcu anymore and that entire plot sucked in the comics. Not to mention we get a Thor movie centered around Natalie Portman....... Something everybody has been asking for.

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
Sauce Boss
Analyst
Posts: 3,226
And1: 465
Joined: Nov 25, 2008
Location: Madison, WI
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#729 » by Sauce Boss » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:26 am

Matches Malone wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:The fact that Feige even alluded to X-Men and Fantastic 4 being in development is super exciting, but man, that Blade news was AMAZING! He's one of my all time favorite characters and I'm glad they are going back to him.
Shouldve gotten Michael Jai White of they dont want to use as Snipes again.

But yeah I do love Blade as a character

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app


I think Ali will do great in the role.

Ali is perfect casting for this moment. I thought he was criminally underutilized as Cottonmouth and he’s only blown up as an actor since then. Pretty cool that it was reported that he approached Marvel about the project and not the other way around.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
User avatar
machu46
Head Coach
Posts: 6,582
And1: 1,601
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: Alexandria, VA
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#730 » by machu46 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:20 am

Sauce Boss wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:Shouldve gotten Michael Jai White of they dont want to use as Snipes again.

But yeah I do love Blade as a character

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app


I think Ali will do great in the role.

Ali is perfect casting for this moment. I thought he was criminally underutilized as Cottonmouth and he’s only blown up as an actor since then. Pretty cool that it was reported that he approached Marvel about the project and not the other way around.


He owned that season of Luke Cage. The first half of that season was probably the best Netflix Marvel show and without him, it fell off a cliff.

The guy is simply a fantastic actor and can dominate any role he takes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
User avatar
BUCKnation
RealGM
Posts: 14,180
And1: 1,222
Joined: Jun 15, 2011
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#731 » by BUCKnation » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:43 am

After knowing he is Blade now, I can't see any other current day actor playing that other than him. That should be a good one.
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,164
And1: 14,556
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#732 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Read on Twitter


One of the cases where I wish they would have cast someone less astronomically famous. I don't see Mr. Rodgers. I see literal Tom Hanks.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
truly
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,330
And1: 1,111
Joined: Feb 05, 2016
   

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#733 » by truly » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:22 pm

machu46 wrote:
Sauce Boss wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
I think Ali will do great in the role.

Ali is perfect casting for this moment. I thought he was criminally underutilized as Cottonmouth and he’s only blown up as an actor since then. Pretty cool that it was reported that he approached Marvel about the project and not the other way around.


He owned that season of Luke Cage. The first half of that season was probably the best Netflix Marvel show and without him, it fell off a cliff.

The guy is simply a fantastic actor and can dominate any role he takes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yep.Loved Blade and Ali was amazing in Luke Cage.Looking forward to it.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
User avatar
jimmybones
Analyst
Posts: 3,505
And1: 462
Joined: May 29, 2009

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#734 » by jimmybones » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:02 pm

soxperry wrote:I know this is a TV and Movies thread but do you guys do any podcasts? I work at a computer for long long hours at a time so i'm constantly searching for new stuff to listen to. I would take any and all recommendations for new pods! Some of my current go to's are:

(i get these all on Spotify)

Reply All - hard to define, most common theme is basically, "Here's how people are exploiting technology and other people for personal gain" and at times it's pretty mind blowing. Many of them are 30 minutes, but the longer ones seem to be the best ones as they really dive in. There's even one on FoxCon and that's a must listen.

The Daily - 30 minute segment from the New York Times on something obscure and interesting or something current and important. Always seems to be something at least mildly interesting.

WTF with Marc Maron - pretty popular one, a comedian who interviews a ton of musicians/artists/celebrities and overall an entertaining experience.

You made it weird with Pete Holmes - same concept as WTF, but also delves a lot into the spiritual. Pete's just a good dude. Oh, he did an episode with Aaron Rodgers a few years ago and it's REALLY good. Basically a 1.5 to 2 hour sit down where they are just bullshitting and you get to hear Aaron outside of the usual athlete speak thing. I'm not really a packers fan but i still really enjoyed that one.


THE DOLLOP!

Two comedians that take a story from history, usually American history, and one narrarates and the other has never heard of the story so his reaction is like yours, hearing it for the first time. It's hilarious, I can't believe they keep finding bonkers stories that most people are unfamiliar with. They have some sports themed episodes that are among their best. If you check those out and want more episode recommendations I'd be happy to. One of the hosts, Gareth, is from Milwaukee!

Fun, sports themed episodes:



User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,164
And1: 14,556
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#735 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:16 pm

I really enjoyed the new Veronica Mars. Not quite up to season one standards, but very reminiscent. I sure hope we get more of it.

Big spoiler:

Spoiler:
In an interview with Rob Thomas, they asked him about killing off Logan in the finale and his last sentence has hit me hard.

How are you expecting the fans to react to that explosion?

Well, I’m terrified. It’s placing a bet. And I don’t know whether we’ll win or not. No idea. It’s possible that the fans hate me and give up on the show. I hope that’s not the case. I’ve talked now to a number of reporters who watched the whole thing and said they were a fan for a long time, and, “I was so shocked and devastated in that moment, but I understand why you did it.” Other than that, I have no virgin opinions. It was part of the pitch, though, to Hulu. It has been part of the plan. Jason knew going in; we didn’t blindside him with that last script. But I felt like it’s the thing I needed to do to make the show the thing I want it to be if we do it in the future. If this happens to be the last thing we ever see of Veronica Mars and I devastated the audience with the death of Logan, then I feel a bit bad about it! The only way I feel good is if we get to do more. If we don’t, then I **** that up.


I wasn't thinking about it last night because I was tired and ready to fall asleep, but if this really is the last VM we get, Logan's death is gonna sit like a stain forever. It would be such a bummer.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
FrieAaron
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,978
And1: 2,402
Joined: Mar 25, 2010

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#736 » by FrieAaron » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:56 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter


One of the cases where I wish they would have cast someone less astronomically famous. I don't see Mr. Rodgers. I see literal Tom Hanks.


That's how I felt watching the trailer. It didn't do as much for me as it did for a lot of people apparently based on the reactions I've seen. "Won't You Be My Neighbor" just came out and this seems to be covering most of the same ground as that doc. That said, I thought both "Diary of a Teenage Girl" and "Can You Ever Forgive Me?" were both very good, so I still have some hope for this.
User avatar
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
Posts: 27,477
And1: 5,184
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: on the Hellmouth
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#737 » by Turk Nowitzki » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:21 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I really enjoyed the new Veronica Mars. Not quite up to season one standards, but very reminiscent. I sure hope we get more of it.

Big spoiler:

Spoiler:
In an interview with Rob Thomas, they asked him about killing off Logan in the finale and his last sentence has hit me hard.

How are you expecting the fans to react to that explosion?

Well, I’m terrified. It’s placing a bet. And I don’t know whether we’ll win or not. No idea. It’s possible that the fans hate me and give up on the show. I hope that’s not the case. I’ve talked now to a number of reporters who watched the whole thing and said they were a fan for a long time, and, “I was so shocked and devastated in that moment, but I understand why you did it.” Other than that, I have no virgin opinions. It was part of the pitch, though, to Hulu. It has been part of the plan. Jason knew going in; we didn’t blindside him with that last script. But I felt like it’s the thing I needed to do to make the show the thing I want it to be if we do it in the future. If this happens to be the last thing we ever see of Veronica Mars and I devastated the audience with the death of Logan, then I feel a bit bad about it! The only way I feel good is if we get to do more. If we don’t, then I **** that up.


I wasn't thinking about it last night because I was tired and ready to fall asleep, but if this really is the last VM we get, Logan's death is gonna sit like a stain forever. It would be such a bummer.

I haven't watched the new season yet but I got spoiled on this by some **** website literally putting it in a headline. Really pissed because I feel like I would've been legit surprised by it too, which is getting harder and harder to do.
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 25,277
And1: 8,264
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#738 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:32 pm

Anyone going to see "Once Upon A Time...In Hollywood" when it comes out tomorrow? I'm probably going to see it this weekend. The reviews have been pretty positive so far.
User avatar
IrishRainbow
Starter
Posts: 2,250
And1: 512
Joined: Oct 24, 2006
Location: @ the drawing table
     

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#739 » by IrishRainbow » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:26 pm

Missed original context...
ClassicJack wrote:Guys like Rock and Chappelle say to this day when Eddie gets around comedians he is still the funniest one in the room. I can't wait.
"Eddie...Eddie (trying to place a comedian named Eddie that would run in those circles) Settles on Eddie Griffin. Okay. I can see that.
emunney wrote:Eddie Murphy is one of the funniest people to ever live. But can he still write? I'm expecting a RAFT of amazing Cosby material.
I'm an idiot and immediately want to watch Raw.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,164
And1: 14,556
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: TV and Movies (with spoilers) 

Post#740 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:44 pm

Turk Nowitzki wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I really enjoyed the new Veronica Mars. Not quite up to season one standards, but very reminiscent. I sure hope we get more of it.

Big spoiler:

Spoiler:
In an interview with Rob Thomas, they asked him about killing off Logan in the finale and his last sentence has hit me hard.

How are you expecting the fans to react to that explosion?

Well, I’m terrified. It’s placing a bet. And I don’t know whether we’ll win or not. No idea. It’s possible that the fans hate me and give up on the show. I hope that’s not the case. I’ve talked now to a number of reporters who watched the whole thing and said they were a fan for a long time, and, “I was so shocked and devastated in that moment, but I understand why you did it.” Other than that, I have no virgin opinions. It was part of the pitch, though, to Hulu. It has been part of the plan. Jason knew going in; we didn’t blindside him with that last script. But I felt like it’s the thing I needed to do to make the show the thing I want it to be if we do it in the future. If this happens to be the last thing we ever see of Veronica Mars and I devastated the audience with the death of Logan, then I feel a bit bad about it! The only way I feel good is if we get to do more. If we don’t, then I **** that up.


I wasn't thinking about it last night because I was tired and ready to fall asleep, but if this really is the last VM we get, Logan's death is gonna sit like a stain forever. It would be such a bummer.

I haven't watched the new season yet but I got spoiled on this by some **** website literally putting it in a headline. Really pissed because I feel like I would've been legit surprised by it too, which is getting harder and harder to do.


I was gonna wait until the girl had watched the series but having followed so many media sites on Twitter I knew it was gonna be impossible unless I wanted it spoiled. A ton of sites I go to are barely hiding it, including characters in the URL, the title, or in the banner/link image.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

Return to Milwaukee Bucks