Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Re: PG: Bucks Play Like Crap, Still Win Game 1 

Post#461 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 3:20 pm

Nowak008 wrote:
rrayy wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:Someone has to talk to the people who play the music at Fiserv. It drowns out the crowd and it’s impossible to get into the game. Crowd was so bad in the first 3 quarters of the game and I really think the music is to blame.
The Bucks played like crap for 3 quarters and it's the MUSIC that is to blame? The crowd was rocking when the team gave them something to cheer for. Blaming the music when the Bucks played like crap is nonsense.

It's easy to cheer when the team is doing awesome. The crowd makes the most impact when the team is down or in trouble. We couldn't even do a simple DE-FENSE chant in the first half because they were piping in this crap sound.
No, you couldn't get a cheer because the Bucks were playing like crap. Once they made their runs getting bcak in the game, the crowd was there. Stop blaming the music when it's the Bucks crap play that kept the fans out of it. Fans won't cheer when the team doesn't give them something to cheer about. The music is irrelevant.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,660

Post#462 » by MikeIsGood » Thu May 16, 2019 3:24 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
I agree. But whatever they play - the volume should go down 80%.

I’ve only been to one game, but had the same takeaway. It was legitimately difficult to talk to the person directly next to you. That’s too loud.

I took someone who's never been to an NBA game before. Probably hundreds of UW games though but he's not a big hoops guy. The music throughout is one thing he pointed as making it better, more fun and entertaining than college. Felt like it's just livelier that way than it just being quiet so it felt like no dead time and the game flew by. Other thing was within 5 mins him just basically saying 'holy #%$# these guys are just huge, it doesn't come across on TV.'

I like the music. Totally works for pro sports and am not anti-music. I just wish it was a few db lower.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,648

Post#463 » by emunney » Thu May 16, 2019 3:32 pm

One of my favorite plays last night. Love Hill passing Mirotic through and measuring Siakam.

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#464 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Thu May 16, 2019 4:19 pm

rrayy wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:
rrayy wrote:The Bucks played like crap for 3 quarters and it's the MUSIC that is to blame? The crowd was rocking when the team gave them something to cheer for. Blaming the music when the Bucks played like crap is nonsense.

It's easy to cheer when the team is doing awesome. The crowd makes the most impact when the team is down or in trouble. We couldn't even do a simple DE-FENSE chant in the first half because they were piping in this crap sound.
No, you couldn't get a cheer because the Bucks were playing like crap. Once they made their runs getting bcak in the game, the crowd was there. Stop blaming the music when it's the Bucks crap play that kept the fans out of it. Fans won't cheer when the team doesn't give them something to cheer about. The music is irrelevant.

This a a horse **** take.

You’re probably the fan that told me to sit down game two against Boston because shots weren’t falling in the first half.

I thought the fans sounded pretty good last night on the tv, but you need to cheer the team when they are playing bad, you need to bring that energy to get them back in it. You cheer louder when they aren’t doing good. You’re energy helps them, if you don’t have any energy, we don’t have home court advantage.
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,410

Post#465 » by SupremeHustle » Thu May 16, 2019 4:23 pm

emunney wrote:One of my favorite plays last night. Love Hill passing Mirotic through and measuring Siakam.

I have a tangential question. Does any shoe nerd know what kind of shoes George Hill wore last night?
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#466 » by LuessiT » Thu May 16, 2019 4:32 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:
LuessiT wrote:Disagree with the title. We played well. Shot like crap but played well.

Not for three quarters.

No idea what you guys are watching but our 4th quarter was our worst.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,648

Post#467 » by emunney » Thu May 16, 2019 4:33 pm

Reading the Raps board and there's a lot of polarization around Ibaka. Lots of guys think Nurse is an idiot for not "adapting" to the Bucks by starting him, and then lots of guys [correctly] point out that he was very very bad.

You put Ibaka in multiple rotations and he's going to hurt you. You have to give him a simple assignment in his wheelhouse. There are no simple assignments guarding this Bucks' team.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,723

Post#468 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu May 16, 2019 4:45 pm

I love it when people yell at me for not cheering bad basketball.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,723

Post#469 » by HaroldinGMinor » Thu May 16, 2019 4:46 pm

LuessiT wrote:
JimmyTheKid wrote:
LuessiT wrote:Disagree with the title. We played well. Shot like crap but played well.

Not for three quarters.

No idea what you guys are watching but our 4th quarter was our worst.

Overall or shooting?
greekbuck34
RealGM
And1: 11,638

Post#470 » by greekbuck34 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:47 pm

Bleacher Report with the casual goat photo+caption tweets. :lol: :lol:

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote: I think that we will do worse than last season and that Giannis is now just a mere all star. All because we switched from Bud to Griffin.
rrayy
Senior
And1: 382

Post#471 » by rrayy » Thu May 16, 2019 4:51 pm

Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:
rrayy wrote:
Nowak008 wrote:

This a a horse **** take.

You’re probably the fan that told me to sit down game two against Boston because shots weren’t falling in the first half.

I thought the fans sounded pretty good last night on the tv, but you need to cheer the team when they are playing bad, you need to bring that energy to get them back in it. You cheer louder when they aren’t doing good. You’re energy helps them, if you don’t have any energy, we don’t have home court advantage.
It's not a horse**** take when it is the truth. The horse**** take is blaming the music for the fans not cheering, The horse**** take is the one saying people should be cheering bad basketball. As I said before, when the team gave the fans something to cheer about, they were there. When they played like crap, the fans didn't cheer. Period.

Also, I would never tell another fan at a game what to do, so get that "holier-than-thou" nonsense out of here.
usvtheman
Ballboy
And1: 67

Post#472 » by usvtheman » Thu May 16, 2019 4:55 pm

On TV the fans sounded great. Even when down 10+ in the first half, it seemed after every Bucks make the crowd would light up on defense in the hopes of sparking a run. Kept happening even after the Raptors quashed the first few runs. Not sure what the complaints are about.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,112

Post#473 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu May 16, 2019 5:04 pm

1) The in-game music is terrible. Why are we catering to the 5% of the population who can stomach techno, edm, trance just because it has a beat? Unless they're going to hand out complimentary Molly with the oversized blouse t-shirts just stick to hip hop and rock n roll.

2) The music (sh*tty or good) has nothing to do with fans cheering or not. The flow of the game dictates fan involvement. Hell, the Bucks even fell down 12 early and there was a supportive "get it going" roar from the crowd, which was kinda neat. Bottom line, though, crowd was lit AF (is that how the kids say it?) last night.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,112

Post#474 » by JimmyTheKid » Thu May 16, 2019 5:05 pm

greekbuck34 wrote:Bleacher Report with the casual goat photo+caption tweets. :lol: :lol:

:lol:
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#475 » by ibanezjp » Thu May 16, 2019 5:17 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:While this win was fantastic, do think Nurse can make some adjustments. Raptors aren't out of this by any stretch. It was just a really weird game from both teams. Some stuff went really right and some really wrong for each. Just grateful that the Raptors appeared gassed by Q4, and then those Lopez three's finally went down.

PP what adjustments do you think he can make? If they start Ibaka over Gasol Giannis will feast in the paint. Just not sure Toronto can play any better on defense then they did in that first game
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,979

Post#476 » by ReasonablySober » Thu May 16, 2019 5:18 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:I love it when people yell at me for not cheering bad basketball.

Seriously.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#477 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu May 16, 2019 5:23 pm

JimmyTheKid wrote:1)Hell, the Bucks even fell down 12 early and there was a supportive "get it going" roar from the crowd, which was kinda neat. Bottom line, though, crowd was lit AF (is that how the kids say it?) last night.

First time I’ve seen this throughout the playoffs and it was great. Till now the crowd hasn’t been responding well to negative swings, last night they did. Lopez commented on how important that is at the podium. Whether anyone here believes it’s a factor or not doesn’t matter if the players do.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#478 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:29 pm

Was there and the crowd was electric imo.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#479 » by paulpressey25 » Thu May 16, 2019 5:33 pm

ibanezjp wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:While this win was fantastic, do think Nurse can make some adjustments. Raptors aren't out of this by any stretch. It was just a really weird game from both teams. Some stuff went really right and some really wrong for each. Just grateful that the Raptors appeared gassed by Q4, and then those Lopez three's finally went down.

PP what adjustments do you think he can make? If they start Ibaka over Gasol Giannis will feast in the paint. Just not sure Toronto can play any better on defense then they did in that first game

More Ibaka, more Norm Powell. It might not work, but he ran his dudes too hard last night.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#480 » by FlagsFlyForever » Thu May 16, 2019 5:34 pm

I'm not complaining about the crowd because they've been fine but I would not call the crowd great. If you want to hear a great crowd, wait until this series goes to Toronto and compare that to the crowd at Fiserv.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks