ImageImage

ATL: The Finals and League Free Agency (Jenkins hired by Griz pg 75)

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Re: ATL: Conference Finals 

Post#101 » by MickeyDavis » Tue May 21, 2019 2:33 pm

Rodney Hood has been swept 3 straight years by the Warriors, playing for 3 different teams. Jazz, Cavs, Blazers
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#102 » by Licensed to Il » Tue May 21, 2019 2:36 pm

But you guys realize the Warriors are resting and scheming now, while we are still playing the Raps, right?
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#103 » by vlietinho » Tue May 21, 2019 2:40 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:But you guys realize the Warriors are resting and scheming now, while we are still playing the Raps, right?

Yes, but we'll have time to rest and scheme as well, if we finish them in 5, we have a week, if in 7, we have 3 days
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,729

Post#104 » by Licensed to Il » Tue May 21, 2019 2:43 pm

vlietinho wrote:
Licensed to Il wrote:But you guys realize the Warriors are resting and scheming now, while we are still playing the Raps, right?

Yes, but we'll have time to rest and scheme as well, if we finish them in 5, we have a week, if in 7, we have 3 days

Why don’t you understand that they will have more days to do these thing than we will?
vlietinho
Veteran
And1: 480

Post#105 » by vlietinho » Tue May 21, 2019 2:47 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:
vlietinho wrote:

Why don’t you understand that they will have more days to do these thing than we will?

I can count days :D
Its just that it doesnt really matter imo (unless our series goes to 7, then we only have 3 days). And in your original post you were talking about the Durant injury, which is why I got the impression you thuoght the finals would start earlier if we would finish the Raps quickly which is not the case. Anyway, carry on
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Post#106 » by TroyD92 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:40 pm

Imagine giving Dame the supermax. Yikes
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,122

Post#107 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 21, 2019 3:42 pm

TroyD92 wrote:Imagine giving Dame the supermax. Yikes

The numbers on the supermax are crazy for anyone so I get that view. But if it's not for a 1st team all NBA player what is it for?
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#108 » by TroyD92 » Tue May 21, 2019 3:56 pm

DingleJerry wrote:

The numbers on the supermax are crazy for anyone so I get that view. But if it's not for a 1st team all NBA player what is it for?

I just don’t think the supermax is justifiable to any player outside of like four or five guys. Dame is maybe a top 15- 20 guy imo.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#109 » by HurricaneKid » Tue May 21, 2019 4:37 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

I just don’t think the supermax is justifiable to any player outside of like four or five guys. Dame is maybe a top 15- 20 guy imo.
You are WRONG.

The top 4-5 players (including Giannis) are worth double to triple the max and are generally even better than good players on rookie deals in terms of value. Suggesting Dame isn't worth the max because they trap him at 35 feet is comically absurd.

Now if you want to talk about CP3 or Khash getting max deals...

Sent from my VS995 using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#110 » by TroyD92 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:41 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

You are WRONG.

The top 4-5 players (including Giannis) are worth double to triple the max and are generally even better than good players on rookie deals in terms of value. Suggesting Dame isn't worth the max because they trap him at 35 feet is comically absurd.

Except Dame isn’t close to a top five player.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#111 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 21, 2019 4:55 pm

TroyD92 wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
You are WRONG.

That's not what he said. He said the 4-5 top top guys are worth waaaay more than the supermax. Then in the theory the next batch would be worth it. Again, he was 1st team last year and might be this year too, likely 2nd team. He's way closer to top 5 than you're giving credit. Don't let the haters trick you over a few games here. The fact he needs to be defended the way he does is telling. If only he had 3 other All Stars to take advantage of it like Steph does.

Moreover, his specific market warrants it even more. He's kept that team winning this whole time and selling out game. and they can't attract anyone else. Financially businesswise to them it makes sense to keep him there and keep raking in money as a good team. Even if they know the chances of them building a true contender there are small. If they could somehow flip CJ for AD, boom contender.
TroyD92
RealGM

Post#112 » by TroyD92 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:00 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:You are WRONG.

That's not what he said. He said the 4-5 top top guys are worth waaaay more than the supermax. Then in the theory the next batch would be worth it. Again, he was 1st team last year and might be this year too, likely 2nd team. He's way closer to top 5 than you're giving credit. Don't let the haters trick you over a few games here. The fact he needs to be defended the way he does is telling. If only he had 3 other All Stars to take advantage of it like Steph does.

Moreover, his specific market warrants it even more. He's kept that team winning this whole time and selling out game. and they can't attract anyone else. Financially businesswise to them it makes sense to keep him there and keep raking in money as a good team. Even if they know the chances of them building a true contender there are small. If they could somehow flip CJ for AD, boom contender.

He said max, but I’ll concede the point. You are probably right. I just couldn’t imagine having Dame making 47 million a year and the next best guy on your team is CJ. Nurkic coming back might make all the difference so who really knows.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#113 » by Ron Swanson » Tue May 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Dame is closer to a Top-5 player than he is to a Top-20 player. Unless you really think that guys like Kyrie, Klay, Jimmy Butler, Gobert, and Towns are better players (they're not). Pretty easy decision to give him the super-max.
DingleJerry
RealGM

Post#114 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 21, 2019 5:06 pm

IMO they need to be dangling CJ for a player that compliments Dame better. CJ upped his value big time in this playoffs imo. I don't know what's out there that could work. The AD idea was far fetched and likely impossible but who knows maybe there is a way.

IDK, maybe Bradley Beal fits better? Something like that.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#115 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue May 21, 2019 5:16 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

You are WRONG.

I think 2x-3x is an exaggeration. No team on the open market would give Giannis 90-130m a year even if they had the room. Too much risk on one guy. /nit pick
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#116 » by ReasonablySober » Tue May 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Read on Twitter
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#117 » by jmart762 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 pm

Bledsoe for CJ?
DingleJerry wrote:IMO they need to be dangling CJ for a player that compliments Dame better. CJ upped his value big time in this playoffs imo. I don't know what's out there that could work. The AD idea was far fetched and likely impossible but who knows maybe there is a way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
pifhluk23
Sixth Man
And1: 870

Post#118 » by pifhluk23 » Wed May 22, 2019 6:02 pm

jmart762 wrote:Bledsoe for CJ?
DingleJerry wrote:IMO they need to be dangling CJ for a player that compliments Dame better. CJ upped his value big time in this playoffs imo. I don't know what's out there that could work. The AD idea was far fetched and likely impossible but who knows maybe there is a way.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

I would trade Bledsoe for CJ in a heartbeat. Portland however would laugh at you if you offered that.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#119 » by emunney » Wed May 22, 2019 7:33 pm

Man gimme this dude on my team.

Read on Twitter
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#120 » by LuessiT » Wed May 22, 2019 7:50 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:
DingleJerry wrote:

You are WRONG.

The problem is that you're going to compete with a team with a top 5 player on a regular max contract and are at an immediate disadvantage. The implementation of the supermax causes all kind of problems.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks