ImageImage

PG: Bucks Fall Short - Lead 2-1

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,053

Re: PG: Bucks Fall Short - Lead 2-1 

Post#441 » by MissKhriddleton » Mon May 20, 2019 10:50 pm

imithanos wrote:I missed the game. I was too tired to watch it. Is it worth it?

Tough episode to watch but pretty important as far as character development and this seasons story arc.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,848

Post#442 » by Plossum » Mon May 20, 2019 11:15 pm

Wtf is with all he wet blanket Raptors posters getting sad about mean comments on here? Boo hoo.
#LockUpChuck
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,722

Post#443 » by CharityStripe34 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:16 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:
imithanos wrote:I missed the game. I was too tired to watch it. Is it worth it?

Tough episode to watch but pretty important as far as character development and this seasons story arc.

I think this is the silver lining of the game. It was a great learning experience for Yianni and the others as to how to close out a game when, despite playing sloppy offensively, they were always in the game. It was the first hotly contested game of the playoffs that went into two OTs no less. Now time to put aside the nerves and not hesitate. Giannis especially looked hesitant all night on offense, despite him being brilliant on defense. He should come back and play much more freely mentally.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
hdroffffff
Sixth Man
And1: 58

Post#444 » by hdroffffff » Mon May 20, 2019 11:20 pm

Have a feeling we'll win game 4 and then finish in 5 on Thursday.

Our top guys were terrible last night. No way they play like that tomorrow, imo. One thing though that bugs me is Giannis looking the way he did. Seems like he had his confidence shaken a bit. Yeah they were throwing double teams and the like at him all night, but he was passive as hell. That blank look on the bench at the end of the game was telling. Just didn't have it.

Bledsoe, well, idk. What can you say? Poor decision making, couldn't shoot, just overall bad.

I swear, Toronto gave us so many opportunities to steal that game. We gave all of them right back. Watching it was a cruel form of torture.

With that said, wipe the game from existence and take the game tomorrow and we're golden.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,373

Post#445 » by trwi7 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:23 pm

Plossum wrote:Wtf is with all he wet blanket Raptors posters getting sad about mean comments on here? Boo hoo.

It wasn't even mean. They're just too dumb to realize it.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#446 » by giannis and 1 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:35 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Plossum wrote:Wtf is with all he wet blanket Raptors posters getting sad about mean comments on here? Boo hoo.

It wasn't even mean. They're just too dumb to realize it.

Whats wrong with Canada? We’re not all idiots, its just the ppl from Toronto.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
MelbourneBuck
Junior
And1: 290

Post#447 » by MelbourneBuck » Tue May 21, 2019 3:48 pm

Haven't seen anything written about it but the L2M report states Siakam's "block" on Lopez with 45 secs to go in 2OT was an incorrect non call and should have been a shooting foul. Makes no difference now obviously but would've given us a chance to tie.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,126

Post#448 » by DingleJerry » Tue May 21, 2019 3:56 pm

MelbourneBuck wrote:Haven't seen anything written about it but the L2M report states Siakam's "block" on Lopez with 45 secs to go in 2OT was an incorrect non call and should have been a shooting foul. Makes no difference now obviously but would've given us a chance to tie.

Yea I couldn't believe that one. The small guy is holding his off arm down while Siakam nips the ball and crushes his body. It's classic let em play at crunch time type of reffing that I hate whether it's for or against my team. Then I had NBAtv on after and it was some ex players and the old Cavs coach from like 20 years ago. He went on a rant how that's a typically allowed thing that if you tip the ball clean you're free to demolish the player. No, it's not.

That said, I'm used to stuff like that happening late in games so I'm not up in arms, it happens. But it was a swing of the game that could've easily gone the other way. Tying FTs to down 4. That and the out of bounds call between Lopez/Gasol that led to a 3 for them is another. I'm sure they can point to a few as well very similar, such is the nature of a game like that.

It also made me think the classic notion how you shouldn't settle for jump shots late and teams like GSW who rely on deep shooting won't do well in the playoffs. Well, a deep shot at least you can't get hammered on the drive and fouled the whole time just for them to "it's the playoffs so we don't call anything". So maybe it's best to just take the jumper rather than drive.
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
askdavescat
Senior
And1: 43

Post#449 » by askdavescat » Tue May 21, 2019 6:47 pm

raferfenix wrote:Middleton is not stepping up consistently enough to warrant the Bucks locking into him at $30 million+.

Having an elite 3&D guy is amazing but if we're choosing between Khash and 2/3 of Brogdon / Lopez/ Hill I take the latter.

The Bledsoe extension is not looking great but we also don't know if that commitment reverberates out with other players taking discounts for the sake of the team. Possible we regret it though if we lose George Hill.

I only see nationally televised games, so I don't see them three times a week for the past six months like many of you had. But from what I've seen, if I'm trying to maintain the chemistry and style of play that evolved for the Bucks this year, and from Middleton, Lopez, Brogdon, Mirotic, and Hill, I genuinely believe losing Middleton has the least impact. I also think that a third year Sterling Brown can step in, continue to develop, and provide a lot of what Middleton gives them.
MiltownHawkeye
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,415

Post#450 » by MiltownHawkeye » Tue May 21, 2019 9:16 pm

DingleJerry wrote:
MelbourneBuck wrote:Haven't seen anything written about it but the L2M report states Siakam's "block" on Lopez with 45 secs to go in 2OT was an incorrect non call and should have been a shooting foul. Makes no difference now obviously but would've given us a chance to tie.

Yea I couldn't believe that one. The small guy is holding his off arm down while Siakam nips the ball and crushes his body. It's classic let em play at crunch time type of reffing that I hate whether it's for or against my team. Then I had NBAtv on after and it was some ex players and the old Cavs coach from like 20 years ago. He went on a rant how that's a typically allowed thing that if you tip the ball clean you're free to demolish the player. No, it's not.

That said, I'm used to stuff like that happening late in games so I'm not up in arms, it happens. But it was a swing of the game that could've easily gone the other way. Tying FTs to down 4. That and the out of bounds call between Lopez/Gasol that led to a 3 for them is another. I'm sure they can point to a few as well very similar, such is the nature of a game like that.

It also made me think the classic notion how you shouldn't settle for jump shots late and teams like GSW who rely on deep shooting won't do well in the playoffs. Well, a deep shot at least you can't get hammered on the drive and fouled the whole time just for them to "it's the playoffs so we don't call anything". So maybe it's best to just take the jumper rather than drive.

Yeah, "playoff fouls" are total BS. A foul in October should be the same as a foul in May. In a way it's like fans lower their standards for officiating come playoff time.
Free Chuck Diesel

Fire Steve Novak

Return to Milwaukee Bucks