ImageImage

PG: Series tied 2-2

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Sigra
RealGM
And1: 1,240

Re: PG: Series tied 2-2 

Post#301 » by Sigra » Wed May 22, 2019 6:48 am

Change of starting lineup and change of arena will do it. We will win next game and then finish them at their court.

Bucks in 6
dsilby
Senior
And1: 317

Post#302 » by dsilby » Wed May 22, 2019 6:54 am

It's so easy when a team looks terrible to just point at the coach and say. "Oh, well it's Bud's fault becasue he didn't do "this or didn't do "that". It's Bud's fault because his scheme was wrong or whatever.

That seems to be the easy road to take becasue it eludes to the players being just fine and all if the coach changes "this and that" then the players will start playing better.

But there is literally no way us fans know what's actually being called. Maybe the players were told to do exactly what every single online nerd like us wants them to do, but the Raptors outstanding defense keeps the team out of that. Or maybe Giannis see's a lane and takes the team out of it.

Bottom line. Players play, coaches coach. This is 100% on the players because they are in positions to make plays, they're just not making them.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#303 » by Pachinko_ » Wed May 22, 2019 7:23 am

dsilby wrote:Bottom line. Players play, coaches coach. This is 100% on the players because they are in positions to make plays, they're just not making them.

But what do you mean not making plays? That's our offense all year and it's served us very well. In away games we average about 110 points, this time we had 102 because there were fewer possessions and fewer fast breaks on either side, which is normal for such a critical PO game. Lots of emphasis on getting back. If you adjust for possessions our offense overall was normal, not great, just average by our standards. Giannis kept finding open guys, he also found some drives to the basket, Khris made a bunch of threes and fadeaways, Mirotic made some buckets, the usual.

It was our D that kept breaking down again and again. You're not winning anything giving up 120 points in a low possession game, forget it. And our defensive breakdowns had nothing to do with how we defended Kawhi, we kept collapsing in the paint on everything and everybody and they kept kicking it out to open shooters. And it could be worse but they missed some wide open ones.

Also (for the benefit of the Raps fans stalking this board right now) their bench played much better than usual, and Gasol made some great plays, and we couldn't do anything about it.
giannis and 1
Starter
And1: 1,111

Post#304 » by giannis and 1 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:37 am

Bledsoe **** sucks. Theres no sugar coating it. I hope he comes off the bench next game. Same thing with Mirotic.

Hill and Brogdon have been better options this series. They should start.
still learning the game

Matches Malone wrote:How did NBA fandom get to the point that it's more fun to thirst over players on other teams than to care more about your own team and players...
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#305 » by slos » Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 am

No need to overreact about this. We knew that home court advantage will be a big deal in the ECF. After four games it still feels like Bucks are better and more fresh than Toronto.

No need to overreact about our players too. None of the non-Giannis are superstars or legit No2 and we know it. It just happens to have 3-4 players that can easily be No3 to a team that wants to contend. Middleton, Bledsoe, Brogdon, Lopez, Mirotic, Hill can’t deliver any given night, but they can all win you a single game. Be happy that we have so many above average players.
Oscar71
Pro Prospect
And1: 134

Post#306 » by Oscar71 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:45 am

A wise man once said a playoff series starts when a road team wins a game. That has not even happened yet in this one. This has easily been the best series so far in the entire playoffs. I still believe.
Kidd Prunty Budenholzer > Macha Roenicke Counsell
Cythaps
Senior
And1: 414

Post#307 » by Cythaps » Wed May 22, 2019 8:01 am

talbert wrote:I don't think the Bucks win another game. Kawhi can get a bucket whenever he wants. We don't have anyone like that. Giannis is great but they have figured out how to shut him down.

Kawhi is shooting like .450 in the series. That's hardly "whenever he wants". Giannis has about the same percentage with more assists, rebounds but also turnovers. These two will even themselves out in the long run, they won't be the ones that make the difference.

The difference will be made by the the other 7 players from each team, and by the officiating since it's a fiercly physical series and home court advantage will affect it. The refs played a huge role in game 4, bailing them out all the time and letting them push on almost all rebound battles. I'm picking Bucks in 7.
tonyreyes123
Starter
And1: 748

Post#308 » by tonyreyes123 » Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

DavidDunn21 wrote:There's now a real possibility that this is the Hornets series all over again and we win the first two and the last two.

Or the 2016 ECF where TOR dropped 1-2 then won 3-4 just to lose 5-6
Bucks tricked me into being a diehard in 2001, LeBron is the 2nd best player ever, and pizza is awesome.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,896

Post#309 » by Plossum » Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am

So not sure if it has been discussed yet but the Raps has 7 more shots (7 more three attempts too i think) and made 9 more FTs. FTs aside, they are beating us with superior pace.

But keep the faith. Game five is huge but I think we’ll do it.
#LockUpChuck
Vouzou
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#310 » by Vouzou » Wed May 22, 2019 10:28 am

Not too bothered.

MIL-DET 4-0
MIL-BOS 4-1
MIL-TOR 4-2
MIL-GSW 4-3

I mean, there is an obvious pattern here!
Tomhomes33
Rookie
And1: 795

Post#311 » by Tomhomes33 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:40 am

Raptors fan here: come in piece. Great series so far! Anything can happen now. From the home court perspective, obviously Bucks have advantage, However I think the from the pressure point Raptors are positioned better, as Raptors already played SIX MUST WIN games so far
1 round game 2 vs Magic
2 round games 4,5,7 against Sixers
3 round games 3,4 vs Bucks..
And won all six

Bucks played only one must win game - game 2 vs Celtics..

Therefore game 5 is critical for the Bucks only..and for the same reason I dont se Bucks in 6 scenario..I see Raps in 6 or it goes to seven games where You guys will have advantage, but Raps will have experience.
I hope east conference winner will be NBA champs. if Bucks prevail, I will root for you guys in the final, no question about that!
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#312 » by jmart762 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 am

Maybe this game is the start of Bledsoe coming off the bench as the perfect energy, bull dog 6th man. Talks of that quieted down over the season as we experienced a lot of success. I'm not sure how he'll take that, but it can't be much worse than what we're seeing right now.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
LedZepp007
General Manager
And1: 3,523

Post#313 » by LedZepp007 » Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 am

Now Game 5 is a must-win. Just a horrendous performance on D last night. Bud has a lot of work to do today. Has been thoroughly out coached by Nurse so far. Not a good look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Bulls are the absolute worst.
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#314 » by jmart762 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:12 am

The way I see it, both teams have survived/stole one game that they didn't play well in, followed by a dominating performance that made the other team look outclassed. We're even.

I'm not overly optimistic, and can see us dropping the series, but I'm not conceding. We have Giannis who we need to lean into more. We have to sink or swim with him. It's imperative for this season and the future. I believe in him and the Bucks.

steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,448

Post#315 » by steger_3434 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:22 am

The team is just playing lazy. For the 5th time and twice tonight we got the ball stolen on an in bounds pass. Completely unacceptable. The scary thing is I’m not even sure how to fix this. Just hope we get hit like game 2? Otherwise our offense has been below standards the other 3 games. This team relays on giannis getting easy buckets which Toronto has masterfully taken away. That leaves our other guys, who honestly are average shooters, to win the games. Great plan.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
SKG
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#316 » by SKG » Wed May 22, 2019 11:29 am

Bench have played well sometimes so i couldnt talk but in reality our bench is one of the worst in the league
Brewhoopfan
Sixth Man
And1: 1,915

Post#317 » by Brewhoopfan » Wed May 22, 2019 11:32 am

jmart762 wrote:Maybe this game is the start of Bledsoe coming off the bench as the perfect energy, bull dog 6th man. Talks of that quieted down over the season as we experienced a lot of success. I'm not sure how he'll take that, but it can't be much worse than what we're seeing right now.

What little confidence he has would be gone. Just have to hope he can play better.
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,733

Post#318 » by brettski » Wed May 22, 2019 11:37 am

Kinda think Bledsoe should come on when giannis goes off. Packing the paint is killing his biggest strength.

Also right now Im feeling raps in 6.
. Very pessimistic right now.

I will wear my bucks singlet to work under my corporate attire.
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#319 » by Coach Carter » Wed May 22, 2019 11:38 am

WRau1 wrote:Raptors gave game 1 to us, we blew them out game 2. We gave game 3 to the Raps and they blew us out tonight. Very frustrating series so far.

Considering we're seriously lacking experience in contrast to them, I'd say not bad thus far

look at denver, no way they should've lost that series to portland, lack of experience cost them i felt
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#320 » by WRau1 » Wed May 22, 2019 11:43 am

Coach Carter wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Raptors gave game 1 to us, we blew them out game 2. We gave game 3 to the Raps and they blew us out tonight. Very frustrating series so far.

Considering we're seriously lacking experience in contrast to them, I'd say not bad thus far

look at denver, no way they should've lost that series to portland, lack of experience cost them i felt

I'm pretty sure the inability of 75% of our roster to hit open shots is the the bigger issue.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks