ImageImage

Official NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,027

Re: Official NBA Draft Thread 

Post#641 » by midranger » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:55 am

I will guarantee that Dirk would have eventually played for Milwaukee had they drafted him. I will also guarantee that Milwaukee never had the slightest intention of drafting him.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,035

Post#642 » by paulpressey25 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:14 pm

midranger wrote:I will guarantee that Dirk would have eventually played for Milwaukee had they drafted him. I will also guarantee that Milwaukee never had the slightest intention of drafting him.

Bucks were zoned in on Traylor. Rick Majerus (RIP) was telling Kohl that he thought Tractor could be the next Barkley. Meanwhile Nelson had been courting Dirk for a long time. I even talked to Cuban about this many years ago, and he confirmed all that. Nelson told him the entire deal was contingent on those players being available for each team.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#643 » by EastSideBucksFan » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Damn. The Dirk Revisionist Debate hit Bucks RealGM early this summer. This is usually an August topic.

Not days between draft, MVP award, free agency and summer league.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#644 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:42 pm

midranger wrote:I will guarantee that Dirk would have eventually played for Milwaukee had they drafted him. I will also guarantee that Milwaukee never had the slightest intention of drafting him.

Please stop with this. I don’t have the energy
Do it for Chuck
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,562

Post#645 » by Frank Nova » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:47 pm

Based on where the rookies were drafted and which team, who are your boom/bust/sleepers to actually contribute for their new teams?

Morant was my favorite player in the draft right ahead of Zion. I like Morants chances of being an actual superstar player at some point the best.

Barrett is the easy bust candidate because he doesnt have superstar potential and he's not gonna save a franchise and the biggest market in the world is gonna eat him up.

My sleeper is Okeke in Orlando. It's a weird fit but I love the player and I think he could eventually be better than Gordon and Isaac in the long run.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,027

Post#646 » by midranger » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:55 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:

You don’t have the energy to debate self evident statements? Probably wise.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
Triple 7
Sixth Man
And1: 983

Post#647 » by Triple 7 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:16 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:

The need to control is strong with this one
"Is he not unique? No one plays like this guy. This guy is the new guy. This is the new form."
- George Karl on Giannis
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,588

Post#648 » by ShootingtheJ » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:13 pm

buckboy wrote:Just read the thread. The hand wringing over Porter was top shelf. :lol:

Now, I agree that the Snell deal was always horrific, and it sucks ass that we had to attach 30 to get rid of it, but my god....

Agreed. KPJ will be dumped by Cleveland before he finishes 2 years. Bol Bol was interesting, but after the fact we're seeing scouts calling him entitled. That's the type of player we avoid.

It sucks not having a pick, but this was an awful draft. Awful drafts usually have some overlooked players, hopefully that's Rayjon Tucker. Immensely talented late bloomer.
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,650

Post#649 » by TroyD92 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:41 pm

Still pretty shocked Louis King hasn't been signed.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,562

Post#650 » by Frank Nova » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:16 pm

ShootingtheJ wrote:
buckboy wrote:Just read the thread. The hand wringing over Porter was top shelf.

Now, I agree that the Snell deal was always horrific, and it sucks ass that we had to attach 30 to get rid of it, but my god....

Agreed. KPJ will be dumped by Cleveland before he finishes 2 years. Bol Bol was interesting, but after the fact we're seeing scouts calling him entitled. That's the type of player we avoid.

It sucks not having a pick, but this was an awful draft. Awful drafts usually have some overlooked players, hopefully that's Rayjon Tucker. Immensely talented late bloomer.
After Windler went 26th I stopped caring tbh. The draft really was horrendous. Im not mad about fliers on Hommes, Magee and Tucker to see what they got in SL. We wouldnt have done much better at 30 imo.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
curmudgeon767
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#651 » by curmudgeon767 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:04 pm

midranger wrote:
jakecronus8 wrote:

You don’t have the energy to debate self evident statements? Probably wise.

I will! If the Bucks had had a clue about Dirk ... they didn't . . . in order to draft him and retain the rights to him, they would have had to trade in front of the Mav's 1(6). The Buck's offered 1(9) and 1(19) to Dallas because the Bucks, in their post Don Nelson infinite wisdom, they thought someone was going to take Tractor Traylor ahead of their 1(9) pick. The Bucks called the Mavs and whoever picked up the phone immediately asked if they could call back in an hour. The two Nelsons and whoever else was in the office dropped to the floor with rib-breaking laughter and jokes about 'stupid leprechauns and their yes-men' that lasted so long and was so loud that oxygen had to be distributed around the Mav's office before they could call the Bucks back and agree to the deal. I guarantee this recollection of history is closer to absolute truth than anything else in this thread, or that has ever been posted on RealGM. :nod: :nod: :lol: :lol: :nod: :nod:
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#652 » by DrWood » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:16 am

crkone wrote:
Rockmaninoff wrote:I guess the Bucks' status as ECF also-rans precludes them from adding young players going forward?

I'm sure the situation with Wood being dicked around with doesn't help optics for the young players. 8-)

Wood was dicked by his inability to play defense.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks