ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions, News - Korver Being Bought Out, Bucks Interested

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions, News - Mirotic To Barcelona 

Post#1901 » by Coach Carter » Wed Jul 3, 2019 2:09 am

Wisky4life wrote:I like that crowder trade too much. Leuer and some 2nds for him.

PG: Bledsoe/Hill/X
SG: Matthews/Brown/DDV
SF: Middleton/Crowder/Conny
PF: Giannis/Ersan/Wilson
C: Lopez/Lopez/X

Sign a 3pt shooter guard and an upside young Center to round out the team.

This team would be just as strong as last year and would be top 3 in the East easy.

Sent from my SM-G973U using RealGM mobile app

Not a lot of passing in that group, perhaps a tad worse shooting wise with the players we lost and no obvious closer. You're still looking at around 55 wins but by the time the playoffs come around we risk becoming too predictable again and getting founded out by the better sides. Offcourse a lot of that has to do with bud as well but if he had at his disposal a few other guys with different traits such as passing and shot creation, perhaps he runs other plays. Hopefully by then horst has made a trade or two. I'd eventually trade Bledsoe since his game isn't exactly tailoured for the playoffs.
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach
And1: 573

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions, News - Mirotic To Barcelona 

Post#1902 » by bdpecore » Wed Jul 3, 2019 2:10 am

LuessiT wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Wonder if we could get Jae Crowder from Memphis for Leuer and the Indy 2nds.

We can't. Leuer needs to be waived and stretched to fit Lopez and Hill in.

What about Ersan and a Indy 2nd for Crowder? Then sign JaMychal Green to replace Ersan.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1903 » by LuessiT » Wed Jul 3, 2019 2:12 am

bdpecore wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Wonder if we could get Jae Crowder from Memphis for Leuer and the Indy 2nds.

What about Ersan and a Indy 2nd for Crowder? Then sign JaMychal Green to replace Ersan.

Sure that works. Could also use the TPE. That said I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers are interested in Ersan if they strike out. Looking at deals out there he seems like value at 1/7.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1904 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 3, 2019 2:18 am

LuessiT wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Sure that works. Could also use the TPE. That said I wouldn't be surprised if the Lakers are interested in Ersan if they strike out. Looking at deals out there he seems like value at 1/7.

What’s the reduction in salary we’d need in a trade that wouldn’t require stretching Leuer?
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#1905 » by LuessiT » Wed Jul 3, 2019 2:22 am

Chuck Diesel wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
bdpecore wrote:What about Ersan and a Indy 2nd for Crowder? Then sign JaMychal Green to replace Ersan.

What’s the reduction in salary we’d need in a trade that wouldn’t require stretching Leuer?

Like a bit over 6m. 6.1m or something like that. Don't really want to look it up. But dumping Ersan does it.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#1906 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 2:24 am

bdpecore wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

It would depend on what happens with Wright since we are flirting a bit with the tax but:

Part 1: Leuer for Crowder
Part 2: Ersan into the remaining portion of the Conley TPE

That gets rid of Leuer instead of stretching him and gets you Crowder. Then you just have to figure out draft compensation to make it worth it for Memphis. (I purposely left out what draft picks may be included because salary dumps have been crazy expensive this offseason :o )
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#1907 » by bdpecore » Wed Jul 3, 2019 2:25 am

LuessiT wrote:
bdpecore wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

I’m also thinking I’d prefer starting Crowder so Middleton doesn’t always get stuck guarding the opponent’s top wing. This should allow him to expend more energy on the offensive side.

PG: Bledsoe, Hill, DDV
SG: Middleton, Connaugton, Brown
SF - Crowder, Matthews
PF - Giannis, Ilyasova, Wilson
C - BroLo, RoLo
MuckyFingers
Junior
And1: 146

Post#1908 » by MuckyFingers » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:03 am

We could probably get Stauskas for the minimum.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1909 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 3, 2019 3:24 am

LuessiT wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

Like a bit over 6m. 6.1m or something like that. Don't really want to look it up. But dumping Ersan does it.

Yeah, I’d rather go the route of moving Leuer+Wilson for a 6 (or less) million dollar player than dumping Ersan.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1910 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 3, 2019 6:37 am

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Shelvin Mack brought in on a minimum to be the third point guard. History with Bud, solid vet.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1911 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:06 am

Devin Harris has never wanted to play at home but I wonder if that’d change as he nears the end and the Bucks have a shot to get him a ring.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#1912 » by Pachinko_ » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:48 am

Well, you guys have been saying and I havent been listening. But you were right, no matter if you have the MVP and the cap space and contenting, all big name FAs will end up in LA/NY/MIA and nobody will consider a small market. Amazing.
Portugal Bucks
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#1913 » by Portugal Bucks » Wed Jul 3, 2019 8:37 am

I'm not comfortable with dumping Ersan he was important in some moments.

Is there a way of trade/dump Leuer and bring back a shooter/defender wing to pair with Ersan in the 2nd unit?
slos
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#1914 » by slos » Wed Jul 3, 2019 9:40 am

Ilyasova needs to be unloaded. Leuer will cost some assets, Ilyasova can be done for nothing. Instead of making some more dead money with Leuer, I prefer one more big trade exception from Ilyasova.

Bledsoe........Hill
Brown.........Pat.............DDV
Middleton.....Matthews
Giannis........Wilson
Lopez..........Lopez.........Leuer

Unload Ilyasova, sign one more vet and keep two roster spots open to use the Brogdon and Ilyasova exceptions. If you can't find productive players use them for expiring contracts to get some picks from teams willing to avoid the tax. These contracts can be extremelly helpful in the deadline for salary matching issues.
JoeyMorgan619
Rookie
And1: 1,767

Post#1915 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 1:46 pm

Any chance we could get Quinn Cook or Abrines?
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#1916 » by raferfenix » Wed Jul 3, 2019 1:47 pm

Our roster is fine for the regular season until we get hit by injuries.

The 2 spot in particular is weak and relying on George Hill and a newly-extended-Bledsoe to stay healthy is way risky.

Giving Donte and Brown extra opportunity to develop during the doldrums of the regular season could work out fine. Matthews also might thrive getting wide open three's in Bud's system too.

Would hope we could upgrade somehow before the deadline though.
bdpecore
Assistant Coach

Post#1917 » by bdpecore » Wed Jul 3, 2019 1:48 pm

I’m wondering if Dallas would go for something like this:
1. First we trade Leuer and one of the Indy 2nds to Dallas for cash (Barnes TPE).
2. Resign Lopez and Hill.
3. Sign JaMychal Green to a 2 year deal (roughly 2/$7MM) using whatever remaining cap space we have available.
4. Then we acquire Courtney Lee for cash (Brogdon TPE)

So basically Dallas receives a future pick and gets to dump $3MM in salary this season for helping us out.

Then I would look to trade Ersan and Brown to Memphis for Jae Crowder. They can also send Ersan to a third team if Memphis prefers a future pick or another younger player.

Sign a veteran PG like Shelvin Mack and a younger project wing like Forkmaz to fill out the roster and we are set.

PG - Bledsoe, Hill, Mack
SG - Matthews, Lee, DDV
SF - Middleton, Crowder, Connaughton, Korkmaz
PF - Giannis, Green, Wilson
C - BroLo, RoLo
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,532

Post#1918 » by raferfenix » Wed Jul 3, 2019 5:28 pm

What do we think of Will Barton?

He had a hip injury last year that kept him out but had a great year before then (earning a long term contract).

Some Nuggets fans on their board think he might be the odd man out:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1804510&start=360
SirChurros
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,798

Post#1919 » by SirChurros » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:03 pm

Good player. I'd take him.
bucksfansince88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#1920 » by bucksfansince88 » Wed Jul 3, 2019 7:41 pm

raferfenix wrote:What do we think of Will Barton?

He had a hip injury last year that kept him out but had a great year before then (earning a long term contract).

Some Nuggets fans on their board think he might be the odd man out:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1804510&start=360

Barton is an instant bucket and plays hard id take him

Return to Milwaukee Bucks