Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,052

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1821 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:27 pm

jute2003 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Iheartfootball wrote:
Middle of the night if I start to hear the heaving from our older cat I jump out of bed like a maniac and grab her to get her off the carpet. Because if I don't I forget and step right in that ish the next morning.

I've found that regular brushing helps as does diet but it's still going to happen. Just don't do it on the furniture!

Most of the time, it isn't a big deal. Takes a few minutes to clean it up and soak the stain in Nature's Miracle. Works like a charm. But twice this week he's puked just as I was about to leave for work. Literally as I'm walking out the door. I mean, come on, man!

The only carpet in our house is in the Master Bedroom and the cats aren't allowed in there. Throughout the rest of the house there is exactly one rug. I'm pretty sure the little bastards aim for it.

My whole place in carpeted, except for the kitchen and bathroom. Sometimes if I catch him heaving when he's close to either, I'll toss him in there before he pukes so I can make cleanup easier. But most of the time, I don't catch him on time.

Once my lease is up I'm 100% moving to somewhere that is primarily comprised of hardwood flooring.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,844

Post#1822 » by tydett » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:45 pm

buckboy wrote:
chonestown wrote:
Read on Twitter

No indication if Wordsworst was used to mock ol' WW.

Wordsworth probably called him Lord Borin' amirite?

"Byronic hero? More like moronic hero, am I right? Hey, Percy Bitch Shelley, get the **** over here"
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#1823 » by stellation » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:18 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Most of the time, it isn't a big deal. Takes a few minutes to clean it up and soak the stain in Nature's Miracle. Works like a charm. But twice this week he's puked just as I was about to leave for work. Literally as I'm walking out the door. I mean, come on, man!

The only carpet in our house is in the Master Bedroom and the cats aren't allowed in there. Throughout the rest of the house there is exactly one rug. I'm pretty sure the little bastards aim for it.

My whole place in carpeted, except for the kitchen and bathroom. Sometimes if I catch him heaving when he's close to either, I'll toss him in there before he pukes so I can make cleanup easier. But most of the time, I don't catch him on time.

Once my lease is up I'm 100% moving to somewhere that is primarily comprised of hardwood flooring.

We have primarily hardwood flooring, and a few rugs. Guess where our cat throws up, little monster that she is. :)
#FreeChuckDiesel
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,928

Post#1824 » by stellation » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:55 pm

:D
Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
steger_3434
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#1825 » by steger_3434 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 am

Anyone have an lg oled tv? Thinking about getting one. Amazed at the picture quality and the thinness. Worried about burn in though. That’s what I hated about plasmas. I don’t game, but watch a ton of sports. Worried about the bottom scrolling tickers or score image on the screen. Take the plunge or wait until Samsung releases a true qled tv with quantum dots vs a basic mls brighter lcd edge lit that they are scamming on people now?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
i dont want see that woman anymore !
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#1826 » by steger_3434 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:03 am

talbert wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Grill isn't working. Was about $400 and six years old. Main connector thingy and gas tankjust replaced so not the problem.

Gut poll:
Try fixing grill
Buy grill in 175 range
Buy grill in 500 range

I'm pretty incompetent so leaning for new cheap grill.

What is the brand of the grill that just broke? I want to buy a gas grill and girlfriends parents keep telling me to spend the extra money on the Weber. Weber grills are expensive so I don't have a grill. lol

I used to buy cheap grills. No more. I’ve got a Webber gas and a green egg. The Webber is 6 years old and looks and works like its brand new. Cheap $200 grills you end up replacing every 5 years so they really aren’t any cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
yiyiyi wrote:give rockets Redd ,houston give you T-MAC in return .please help rockets!
steger_3434
RealGM

Post#1827 » by steger_3434 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:05 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Was in Paris for a week two summers ago and I honestly can't recommend anything.

Agreed. I’ve traveled to damn near 30 countries and France (Paris) was easily my least favorite thing. Yeah the arc, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dane as “cool” to see. But you can do all that in an hour

M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,378

Post#1828 » by M-C-G » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:21 am

steger_3434 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Was in Paris for a week two summers ago and I honestly can't recommend anything.

Agreed. I’ve traveled to damn near 30 countries and France (Paris) was easily my least favorite thing. Yeah the arc, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dane as “cool” to see. But you can do all that in an hour

Funny you mention this, felt the exact same way...feel like one day and I checked off everything I was interested in Paris. But I am like a, see it, absorb it, appreciate it, move on to the next.

I found small towns in Belgium that were much more interesting to me
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,957

Post#1829 » by BUCKnation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:45 am

Felt the same way about Amsterdam. What was worse is that I was there during some random holiday and missed out on the Cuyp food market being open. Only real reason I want to go back.
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,315

Post#1830 » by KidA24 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:38 am

steger_3434 wrote:
talbert wrote:
MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Grill isn't working. Was about $400 and six years old. Main connector thingy and gas tankjust replaced so not the problem.

Gut poll:
Try fixing grill
Buy grill in 175 range
Buy grill in 500 range

I'm pretty incompetent so leaning for new cheap grill.

What is the brand of the grill that just broke? I want to buy a gas grill and girlfriends parents keep telling me to spend the extra money on the Weber. Weber grills are expensive so I don't have a grill. lol

I used to buy cheap grills. No more. I’ve got a Webber gas and a green egg. The Webber is 6 years old and looks and works like its brand new. Cheap $200 grills you end up replacing every 5 years so they really aren’t any cheaper

I've had a Q100 for 12 years, upwards of 400 tailgates, many more grill outs. I'll never buy a noun-Weber grill.

My advice: don't buy a grill for that one time you throw a 40 person party. Buy for what you'd need and use regularly
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
midranger
RealGM
And1: 10,034

Post#1831 » by midranger » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:59 am

I have a Weber with probably 40 grill outs over 7 years and I can only get it to 250 degrees F for some unknown reason. Never hotter. All three flames and gas wide open? 250 F. I hate it.

I’ve googled the problem. Tried the fix. No luck. Cleaned/scrubbed everything, no luck.

Please help!
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1832 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:02 am

midranger wrote:I have a Weber with probably 40 grill outs over 7 years and I can only get it to 250 degrees F for some unknown reason. Never hotter. All three flames and gas wide open? 250 F. I hate it.

I’ve googled the problem. Tried the fix. No luck. Cleaned/scrubbed everything, no luck.

Please help!

Have you contacted Weber directly? Their customer care is purported to be really helpful.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1833 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:09 am

M-C-G wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:

Funny you mention this, felt the exact same way...feel like one day and I checked off everything I was interested in Paris. But I am like a, see it, absorb it, appreciate it, move on to the next.

I'm thinking of traveling to Europe this year. Any recommendations on where to go from you all? My original plan was to pull a London-Paris swing over a week and then next year split a week between Barcelona-Madrid. I've also got Istanbul on my short list, too.

I'd be open to other suggestions.
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#1834 » by glenn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:54 am

steger_3434 wrote:Anyone have an lg oled tv? Thinking about getting one. Amazed at the picture quality and the thinness. Worried about burn in though. That’s what I hated about plasmas. I don’t game, but watch a ton of sports. Worried about the bottom scrolling tickers or score image on the screen. Take the plunge or wait until Samsung releases a true qled tv with quantum dots vs a basic mls brighter lcd edge lit that they are scamming on people now?

I’ve had an LG OLED for years. Lots of sports and gaming, zero burn in. Only complaint is that sometimes when the screen is dark (but not black) you can see where the panels are, but they may have fixed that on newer models.

Edit: Maybe “zero” isn’t the right word. Once or twice I noticed some temporary ghost images, but it is super rare and goes away quickly.
:reporter:
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#1835 » by Whiteman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:08 am

humanrefutation wrote:I'm thinking of traveling to Europe this year. Any recommendations on where to go from you all? My original plan was to pull a London-Paris swing over a week and then next year split a week between Barcelona-Madrid. I've also got Istanbul on my short list, too.

Strasbourg or Granada, or similar places with a strong regional feel. Drawback is that you spend more time traveling, but the experience is quite different from that of the major cities, which all feel kind of the same imho.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 807

Post#1836 » by Beorn » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:29 pm

^what he said.
Also most Euros that have visited it agree that Paris is the most overrated **** on the continent (me included)
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 996

Post#1837 » by Ryan5UW » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:50 pm

steger_3434 wrote:Anyone have an lg oled tv? Thinking about getting one. Amazed at the picture quality and the thinness. Worried about burn in though. That’s what I hated about plasmas. I don’t game, but watch a ton of sports. Worried about the bottom scrolling tickers or score image on the screen. Take the plunge or wait until Samsung releases a true qled tv with quantum dots vs a basic mls brighter lcd edge lit that they are scamming on people now?

I got a Sony one (LG makes the panel) about 13 months ago and have had zero issues so far. I haven’t changed my tv watching habits at all - so a lot of sports. I also have zero complaints - everything about it is spectacular.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,904

Post#1838 » by jschligs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:20 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
steger_3434 wrote:Agreed. I’ve traveled to damn near 30 countries and France (Paris) was easily my least favorite thing. Yeah the arc, the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dane as “cool” to see. But you can do all that in an hour

I'm thinking of traveling to Europe this year. Any recommendations on where to go from you all? My original plan was to pull a London-Paris swing over a week and then next year split a week between Barcelona-Madrid. I've also got Istanbul on my short list, too.

Have you been anywhere in Europe before? That could change recommendations.

I studied in London for a summer and that's honestly one of my favorite cities in the world. While there did Dublin for a weekend visiting a friend and loved that too, then did Madrid for a weekend visiting my cousin and loved that. Would've loved to do more but money was a factor.

Went last April/May and did London for a few days with the then GF (now wife), then took the train to a small town called Colmar which was incredibly unique, then finished in Paris.

If you've never been anywhere I would recommend London for sure. From there it depends if you want to go west or east. If you stay west you could do Dublin, London, Paris (or Colmar), Madrid/Barcelona. If you go east I'd ask for others recommendations but on my list of next up is Germany (Munich), Switzerland, Italy.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1839 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:37 pm

jschligs wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

Have you been anywhere in Europe before? That could change recommendations.

I have not, which is why my first thoughts were a bit cliche. A UK trip will be a must for me because I'd love to see London and try to do a day trip to Liverpool as well. Then I figure take a train from London to Paris and spend a few days eating and sightseeing. But that doesn't have to be #1 on my list.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#1840 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:39 pm

Whiteman wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I'm thinking of traveling to Europe this year. Any recommendations on where to go from you all? My original plan was to pull a London-Paris swing over a week and then next year split a week between Barcelona-Madrid. I've also got Istanbul on my short list, too.

Strasbourg or Granada, or similar places with a strong regional feel. Drawback is that you spend more time traveling, but the experience is quite different from that of the major cities, which all feel kind of the same imho.

Granada is definitely on my shortlist - I have to see Alhambra.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks