Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#601 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:22 am

DanoMac wrote:Lozza Mozza pizzas from Pick N Save are the GOAT

Those are great. Cheaper at Woodman's though :)

Costco is my choice for food. Woodmans second. Hate Pick n Save
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
wapith
Junior
And1: 164

Post#602 » by wapith » Tue Aug 6, 2019 3:40 am

crkone wrote:Metcalfe's in Tosa with Trader Joe's and Costco sprinkled in (also the farmer's market and Kettle Range).

Literally the same minus Costco
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,953

Post#603 » by BUCKnation » Tue Aug 6, 2019 5:19 am

humanrefutation wrote:After driving through an awful downpour on the way up to Menomonie - first time I've ever pulled over because of rain - I arrive in Menomonie to discover that the hotel I'm staying in needs an hour to get my room ready because they only have one person on staff that day.

So I decide to grab dinner. Me and my coworker take DB's advice and go to Lucette's to discover that they close their kitchen an hour before they close properly. Hmph.

So instead, we go to Logjams, which is pretty good. We then go back to the hotel, and they give me a room key to a room that is ALREADY OCCUPIED. Thank God I didn't walk in on someone who was packing heat...my corpse would have been a national story.

Sounds like youre staying at a real 5 star place :lol:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#604 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 6, 2019 12:25 pm

humanrefutation wrote:After driving through an awful downpour on the way up to Menomonie - first time I've ever pulled over because of rain - I arrive in Menomonie to discover that the hotel I'm staying in needs an hour to get my room ready because they only have one person on staff that day.

So I decide to grab dinner. Me and my coworker take DB's advice and go to Lucette's to discover that they close their kitchen an hour before they close properly. Hmph.

So instead, we go to Logjams, which is pretty good. We then go back to the hotel, and they give me a room key to a room that is ALREADY OCCUPIED. Thank God I didn't walk in on someone who was packing heat...my corpse would have been a national story.

**** dude that really sucks.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,009

Post#605 » by humanrefutation » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:36 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:

Yeah, but thanks for the suggestions, though. Log Jam was pretty good. Good waffle fries. Lucette is somewhere I'll have to check out the next time I'm in town.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,017

Post#606 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:51 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

Yeah, but thanks for the suggestions, though. Log Jam was pretty good. Good waffle fries. Lucette is somewhere I'll have to check out the next time I'm in town.

I was back there for the first time since freaking college last weekend. Back then there was no such thing as Lucette, and the Log Jam was just a **** one room dive bar that couldn't fit 20 people. When we were looking at places to eat before this weekend, the one place I had wanted to go to for years (Zanzibar) literally closed forever in June.

But I was really happy with Lucette's pizza. It's certainly better than anything in EC and it's very comparable in quality to my two favorite places in the (sorta) area, Fosters Cheese Haus in Osseo and Brick's Neopolitan in Hudson.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#607 » by humanrefutation » Tue Aug 6, 2019 6:23 pm

Toni Morrison's death has really affected me today. "Beloved" might be the best novel I've ever read and "The Bluest Eye" was so beautifully written.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#608 » by trwi7 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 6:55 pm

Midwest Express is back.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#609 » by humanrefutation » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:27 pm

trwi7 wrote:Midwest Express is back.

Are they bringing back comfy seats, decent leg room, and freshly baked cookies? Otherwise GTFO.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#610 » by trwi7 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:32 pm

humanrefutation wrote:

Are they bringing back comfy seats, decent leg room, and freshly baked cookies? Otherwise GTFO.

If CRJ 200 and CRJ 700s have decent leg room and comfy seats, then yes, they will.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#611 » by crkone » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:36 pm

I just want more non-stops.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
trwi7
RealGM

Post#612 » by trwi7 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:37 pm

crkone wrote:I just want more non-stops.

That's what they're going to do.

Midwest Express on Tuesday said it has entered into an agreement with Elite Airways LLC to begin nonstop flight service from Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport.

There are no routes scheduled and a timetable for beginning of the service was not announced.

"Midwest Express expects to announce details about its service in the coming weeks," the company said in a statement.

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#613 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Aug 6, 2019 7:38 pm

The pretty good meals with like actual silverware was also great. That sure as hell isn't coming back.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#614 » by Mags FTW » Tue Aug 6, 2019 8:02 pm

My first trip to NYC was on Midwest Express. It was reasonably priced and so empty that they had to move us around to evenly distribute the weight. It was great.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#615 » by humanrefutation » Tue Aug 6, 2019 8:03 pm

trwi7 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

If CRJ 200 and CRJ 700s have decent leg room and comfy seats, then yes, they will.

So, no.
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 989

Post#616 » by Ryan5UW » Tue Aug 6, 2019 8:11 pm

trwi7 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,389

Post#617 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:05 pm

Midwest was fantastic. But (so far) this is Midwest in name only. If they get to the point with the 2 across wide leather seats, I'm in. The food was great too. And unlimited wine or champagne. Chocolate chip cookies baked on board. I really miss that airline. So maybe they'll get back to that one day. In the meantime increased competition is always a good thing.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MissKhriddleton
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,096

Post#618 » by MissKhriddleton » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:06 pm

I got the entire can of soda on my last American Airlines flight which was nice.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#619 » by trwi7 » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:16 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:And unlimited wine or champagne.

You fancy bitch.

Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,171
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#620 » by Kerb Hohl » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:16 pm

So I'm assuming the plan is to be basically a small plane "only first class" airline at a lower price than flying first class?

So, like, it's gonna probably cost you as much or a little more than coach Delta but you're flying on limited routes, small planes, but you're gonna get a bit more free stuff and maybe a comfy-ish seat on the flight?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks