Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#661 » by humanrefutation » Wed Aug 7, 2019 11:01 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
trwi7 wrote:Midwest Express is back.

Are they bringing back comfy seats, decent leg room, and freshly baked cookies? Otherwise GTFO.

I get irrationally angry when someone brings this up.
1.) You are an adult. You don't need cookies on a 2-hr flight
2.) If you are fortunate enough to be paying hundreds of dollars to fly on a chair through the air. A.) Congrats. B.) You are more than capable to buy cookies or whatever snack you want from the shops before you board for a couple bucks.

Seats? I get. But cookies? It's like going to a Hamilton and being like "I love Hamilton. They have the best programs" It's not even in the top 25 things I would care about on a plane.

Yep, you're definitely irrational.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,369

Post#662 » by trwi7 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:10 am

humanrefutation wrote:

Are they bringing back comfy seats, decent leg room, and freshly baked cookies? Otherwise GTFO.

2.) If you are fortunate enough to be paying hundreds of dollars to fly on a chair through the air. A.) Congrats. B.) You are more than capable to buy cookies or whatever snack you want from the shops before you board for a couple bucks.

Seats? I get. But cookies? It's like going to a Hamilton and being like "I love Hamilton. They have the best programs" It's not even in the top 25 things I would care about on a plane.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,648

Post#663 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:11 am

RiotPunch wrote:I generally don't care for pickles

And here I thought I liked you.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#664 » by LittleRooster » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:36 am

MikeIsGood wrote:

I don’t like pickles either but I love pickled things.

I’ve started “canning” and making spicy dilly beans. I put that in quotes because I don’t traditionally can but instead refrigerate and wait 3-7 days to eat them. So good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ClassicJack
Lead Assistant
And1: 965

Post#665 » by ClassicJack » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:45 am

humanrefutation wrote:

Who hurt you?
F*** Marc Davis, f*** Tim Donaghy and f*** David Stern as a staff, record label and as a mothaf**kin crew......and if you wanna be down with Stern then F*** YOU TOO!!! Stu Jackson f*** you too.....all you mothaf**kas F*** YOU TOO!!!!
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#666 » by humanrefutation » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:35 am

trwi7 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,882

Post#667 » by RiotPunch » Thu Aug 8, 2019 7:10 am

MikeIsGood wrote:

Can't we just talk music and leave pickles out of our friendship? :(
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#668 » by stellation » Thu Aug 8, 2019 9:58 am

Pretty certain that Hitler invented waiting for a pot to come back to the boil after you've added frozen peas. **** YOU FROZEN PEAS/HITLER!
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#669 » by AussieBuck » Thu Aug 8, 2019 10:55 am

So ankle fracture has had amazing progress.

After one week: **** throbbing pain anytime it wasn't elevated and iced.
Two weeks: ok while elevated still swollen as ****.
Three weeks: cleared to put weight on it, start shuffling around, still using crutches mostly.
Four weeks: can walk without a limp when stretched and warm, kinda had to learn to walk again. Weird.

Did a bit of practice last night while at my 6 year old's basketball training session. Can move fairly regularly at about 30% speed around the court in a very strong ankle brace. Feeling optimistic about making it back in a few weeks in time for playoffs. :)
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#670 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:10 pm

While we're on the topic I had fried chicken last night at this place "Barrel" and it was phenomenal. Juicy, flavorful, and a perfect crisp.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Post#671 » by BuckHole » Thu Aug 8, 2019 12:48 pm

Bucksfan28 wrote:While we're on the topic I had fried chicken last night at this place "Barrel" and it was phenomenal. Juicy, flavorful, and a perfect crisp.

Like some who tour the nation’s civil war battlefields, I’d like to tour the nation’s best fried chicken restaurants.
On the same note, this guy breaks down fried chicken:
Also, home made Coca-Cola:
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#672 » by jschligs » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:07 pm

I leave for Key West today for my soon-to-be brother in-law’s bachelor patty and a couple things:

1. These destination bachelor/bachelorette parties are getting out of control. I’ve already spent over $1,000 on airfare and AirBnB. I did a cabin in northern WI and the entire long weekend was less than $300.

2. My fiancé is allergic to shell fish and it’s Lobsterfest down there. I’m going to take advantage and eat my weight in every kind of shellfish.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,159
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#673 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:11 pm

jschligs wrote:I leave for Key West today for my soon-to-be brother in-law’s bachelor patty and a couple things:

1. These destination bachelor/bachelorette parties are getting out of control. I’ve already spent over $1,000 on airfare and AirBnB. I did a cabin in northern WI and the entire long weekend was less than $300.

2. My fiancé is allergic to shell fish and it’s Lobsterfest down there. I’m going to take advantage and eat my weight in every kind of shellfish.

I have lucked out that 90+% of the ones I've gone to have had cost in mind and the few destination ones that didn't were in our 20s so everyone crammed into some sort of rental/AirBnB so it wasn't too crazy of cost...but I hear you.

Key West also is unique in that it is expensive as hell. Are you driving from Miami or flying directly in? I've actually never been but I've been in Southern Florida enough that every time I say, "hey, maybe we could do Key West for a...[looks at hotel prices]...nevermind."
jmart762
Pro Prospect
And1: 430

Post#674 » by jmart762 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:19 pm

Going to Denver in 2 weekends for a bachelor party, and yeah, I agree. We're at $1k without food and drinks. Gonna be a blast, but damn, we could have had a ton of fun around here too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Post#675 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:31 pm

BuckHole wrote:
Bucksfan28 wrote:While we're on the topic I had fried chicken last night at this place "Barrel" and it was phenomenal. Juicy, flavorful, and a perfect crisp.

Like some who tour the nation’s civil war battlefields, I’d like to tour the nation’s best fried chicken restaurants.
On the same note, this guy breaks down fried chicken:
Also, home made Coca-Cola:

Thanks, I enjoyed watch the three videos on copying KFC.

Personally I've always liked KFC original. It's greasy as **** but the chicken is usually very moist and flavorful.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,944

Post#676 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Aug 8, 2019 1:35 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
jschligs wrote:I leave for Key West today for my soon-to-be brother in-law’s bachelor patty and a couple things:

I have lucked out that 90+% of the ones I've gone to have had cost in mind and the few destination ones that didn't were in our 20s so everyone crammed into some sort of rental/AirBnB so it wasn't too crazy of cost...but I hear you.

Key West also is unique in that it is expensive as hell. Are you driving from Miami or flying directly in? I've actually never been but I've been in Southern Florida enough that every time I say, "hey, maybe we could do Key West for a...[looks at hotel prices]...nevermind."

I did Key West and stayed at an AirBnB maybe 45 minutes south in Ramrod Key. It was solid. Lack of great beaches hurt the experience, but you can throw a rock in any direction and get ridiculously good food. Make sure you have grouper at least three times from various spots.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#677 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:17 pm

Random vent:

I've gotten several texts/emails in the last few days (and like a million in my lifetime) with the sentences of, "___ and i's favorite ____" and "do you want to come with ____ and i?"

This is the weirdest thing in the English language to me and I don't know why it is common practice and probably taught and used by a good percentage of teachers. Oh, I'm also a big Oxford comma guy.

I'm sure I've made several grammatical errors in this post or recent posts so please fire away at those.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#678 » by Bucksfan28 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:31 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Random vent:

I've gotten several texts/emails in the last few days (and like a million in my lifetime) with the sentences of, "___ and i's favorite ____" and "do you want to come with ____ and i?"

This is the weirdest thing in the English language to me and I don't know why it is common practice and probably taught and used by a good percentage of teachers. Oh, I'm also a big Oxford comma guy.

I'm sure I've made several grammatical errors in this post or recent posts so please fire away at those.

Good man.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
buckboy
RealGM
And1: 7,898

Post#679 » by buckboy » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:45 pm

My niece and her 10 friends just got back from her bachelorette party in Miami Beach last Sunday. I have no idea what they spent, but it sure sounded like a lot. Staying on South Beach, booze cruises (plural), etc. They had a great time.

And then she canceled the wedding THE NEXT DAY.
"This is my home, this is my city...I'm blessed to be a part of the Milwaukee Bucks for the next 5 years. Let's make these years count. The show goes on, let's get it."
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#680 » by Kerb Hohl » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:47 pm

buckboy wrote:My niece and her 10 friends just got back from her bachelorette party in Miami Beach last Sunday. I have no idea what they spent, but it sure sounded like lot. Staying on South Beach, booze cruises (plural), etc. They had a great time.

And then she canceled the wedding THE NEXT DAY.

So one of two things happened:

1. The marriage was never gonna happen but she wanted to have fun.

2. A hookup or at least 2nd thoughts about signing the freedom away occurred on this trip.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks