ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

KidA24
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,515
And1: 2,028
Joined: Nov 01, 2012

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#901 » by KidA24 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:06 am

emunney wrote:I built a Murphy bed out of plywood and it was super satisfying.


I built a Harper bed out of pine. I'm exhausted.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 105,884
And1: 19,808
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#902 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:17 am

I built a water bed out of pee. I'm special.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
User avatar
stellation
RealGM
Posts: 12,718
And1: 5,199
Joined: Dec 13, 2005
Location: *inaudible*

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#903 » by stellation » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:13 am

trwi7 wrote:I built a water bed out of pee. I'm special.

Way to go, little buddy. You're a brave little camper.
User avatar
LUKE23
RealGM
Posts: 70,436
And1: 4,088
Joined: May 26, 2005
Location: Stunville
       

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#904 » by LUKE23 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Hmm what's good.

• New apartment in two weeks
• New Lana del Ray album next week
• Borderlands 3, my favorite series, in a few weeks
• Going to see Ready or Not tonight and I haven't looked forward to a horror movie since the Cabin in the Woods
• Saw a therapist for the first time yesterday and it felt really good.
• College football returns this weekend which means Pipo is back



Liking the vibe of this topic. For me:

1. Just started building our new house a few weeks ago, and it's going faster than expected. Should be in by January.
2. Business is going great. Already have as many weddings booked for 2020 as we have in 2019, with 16 months to go. Outdoor ceremony space has been a massive hit.
3. Kids are both healthy, marriage is going well
4. Football season starts soon
5. I can still post here even though I don't really anymore
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 105,884
And1: 19,808
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#905 » by trwi7 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:45 pm

LUKE23 wrote:5. I can still post here even though I don't really anymore


Such a loser. Having real life interactions with people instead of the internet. smh
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
User avatar
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
Posts: 27,228
And1: 1,470
Joined: Jun 17, 2005
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#906 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:56 pm

2nd kid due in ~3 weeks
1st kid is doing well even with lots of changes and a bad fall a few weeks ago
Sleep problems noted a few weeks ago are way better
Football is almost here, going to Kansas City in October for the game and that'll be fun
A long work project is [basically] done
Lotta updates on the house this summer

There's a lot of impending long nights with winter and a newborn + 3-year-old coming up so staying positive is good. Hard to balance, "I will kinda have some of my life back when these kids are 2-3 years older" vs. "I don't want to wish time away."
User avatar
Aaron It Out
General Manager
Posts: 8,627
And1: 2,815
Joined: Jun 27, 2008
Location: Black Mercedes
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#907 » by Aaron It Out » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:35 am

I'm seeing what the Popeye's buzz is all about, if my Postmates driver makes it out alive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
EastSideBucksFan wrote:At some point this board is going to have to drop their stupid bullsht agendas and just enjoy the team for once.
User avatar
MikeIsGood
RealGM
Posts: 25,984
And1: 2,958
Joined: Jul 10, 2003
Location: Vamos Rafa
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#908 » by MikeIsGood » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:25 am

If anyone else is GF...

CostCo has Milton’s crackers on sale for $4.90 per 20oz bag, limit 10. Buying 10 for $49 is just shy of $100 cheaper than buying the same volume in 4.5oz bags from standard grocery store for $3.29.

So yeah, I bought over 10 pounds of crackers this evening.

ETA This is my ultimate “good news/vibes” post :lol:
jute2003
Veteran
Posts: 2,628
And1: 900
Joined: Feb 20, 2013
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#909 » by jute2003 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:29 am

LUKE23 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Hmm what's good.

• New apartment in two weeks
• New Lana del Ray album next week
• Borderlands 3, my favorite series, in a few weeks
• Going to see Ready or Not tonight and I haven't looked forward to a horror movie since the Cabin in the Woods
• Saw a therapist for the first time yesterday and it felt really good.
• College football returns this weekend which means Pipo is back



Liking the vibe of this topic. For me:

1. Just started building our new house a few weeks ago, and it's going faster than expected. Should be in by January.
2. Business is going great. Already have as many weddings booked for 2020 as we have in 2019, with 16 months to go. Outdoor ceremony space has been a massive hit.
3. Kids are both healthy, marriage is going well
4. Football season starts soon
5. I can still post here even though I don't really anymore
I liked the outdoor space for bridal portraits. The little road going down towards the barn and little out building worked great and there weren't any weird green or maroon color castings since there was no grass down there.
only a fan, only an opinion
User avatar
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 25,261
And1: 8,259
Joined: Jun 05, 2006
       

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#910 » by humanrefutation » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:44 am

More good vibes:

My parked car got hit yesterday in our parking ramp at work, and I didn't realize it until I left the office for the night. Looks like someone backing out of their spot smacked my bumper. It's isn't bad - looks like there's a small dent and some scratches.

But what's good is that the person who did hit my car left a note with an apology, an offer to pay for the damage, and her phone number. It turns out she's an elderly woman who is so very polite. She gave me her insurance information without a fuss and offered to pay me directly (to save from damaging her premium). What could have been an uncomfortable conversation went very well.

At this point, my plan is to take it in to my favorite body shop next week and if there isn't any underlying damage, I'm going to just let it go. If there is underlying damage behind the bumper, I'll try to mitigate the costs as much as possible.
vegaspacker
Veteran
Posts: 2,893
And1: 590
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
   

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#911 » by vegaspacker » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Good Vibes!

1. Started at new hospital 4 months ago, pay is great, the on-call is ridiculous. Mentally much healthier also, no more Level 1 trauma and level 2 Peds trauma for me.

2. In the market for a condo literally minutes form the new gig.

3. Relinquished my DJ night, still filling in occasionally.

4. Looking for a new set of wheels, considering an electric. Charging stations are popping up.

5. Getting back into biking, hope to do 50 miles a week.

6. Heading to Wisconsin for a visit with old man and my brother in October. Going to Packers vs Raiders in a 100 yd field, and shooting down to Randall to see Bucky.

7. Hawaii trip in January to see old friends and colleagues.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
vegaspacker
Veteran
Posts: 2,893
And1: 590
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
   

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#912 » by vegaspacker » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:01 pm

Also, fantasy draft on the 30th. 10 year leauge, and guys are flying in for the selection party. We did an online draft the last two years, so it will be great to see those fellows.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
User avatar
ReasonablySober
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 74,133
And1: 14,548
Joined: Dec 02, 2001
Location: Cheap dinner. Watch basketball. Bone down.
Contact:
       

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#913 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:30 pm

Any bakers in here? I've never been, but the last two weeks I've done Mark Bittman's no-knead bread and it's given me the itch to get really good at making breads and pastas. I think it would be a really fun hobby.
Magic Giannison wrote:TRADE GIANNIS

User avatar
buckboy
General Manager
Posts: 8,065
And1: 3,523
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: At the Gettin' Place
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#914 » by buckboy » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:36 pm

vegaspacker wrote:Also, fantasy draft on the 30th. 10 year leauge, and guys are flying in for the selection party. We did an online draft the last two years, so it will be great to see those fellows.


We are about to draft for the 35th time!
"lol Bucks fans saying the bucks are getting fouled every possession. Are you guys watching Giannis? He literally fouls on every drive."

-ajones9219, a Celtic fan who may or may not be prone to hyperbole
User avatar
HaroldinGMinor
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,322
And1: 2,725
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
       

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#915 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:47 pm

Anyone successfully convince their parents to sell their house and enter senior and/or assisted living?
Read on Twitter
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 105,884
And1: 19,808
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#916 » by trwi7 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:52 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:Anyone successfully convince their parents to sell their house and enter senior and/or assisted living?


My grandma moved into assisted living last year. What are your questions?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
User avatar
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 62,725
And1: 15,992
Joined: May 02, 2002
Location: The Craps Table
     

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#917 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:05 pm

Aaron It Out wrote:I'm seeing what the Popeye's buzz is all about, if my Postmates driver makes it out alive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Image
A fly was very close to being called a land because that's what it does half the time - Mitch Hedberg
User avatar
HaroldinGMinor
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,322
And1: 2,725
Joined: Jan 23, 2013
       

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#918 » by HaroldinGMinor » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:09 pm

trwi7 wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:Anyone successfully convince their parents to sell their house and enter senior and/or assisted living?


My grandma moved into assisted living last year. What are your questions?


Well first thing we gotta do is convince my dad it's the right thing to do for he and my mom. I'm wondering if anyone has a sales pitch they've used that worked. My dad more or less has said he'd rather die than move into a nursing home but my mom's health is pretty bad and she needs round the clock attention.




Read on Twitter
User avatar
trwi7
RealGM
Posts: 105,884
And1: 19,808
Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Location: Aussie bias
         

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#919 » by trwi7 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:05 am

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:Anyone successfully convince their parents to sell their house and enter senior and/or assisted living?


My grandma moved into assisted living last year. What are your questions?


Well first thing we gotta do is convince my dad it's the right thing to do for he and my mom. I'm wondering if anyone has a sales pitch they've used that worked. My dad more or less has said he'd rather die than move into a nursing home but my mom's health is pretty bad and she needs round the clock attention.


I can't really help with a sales pitch because my grandma has Parkinson's and just kind of knew that she couldn't do everything required that would let her live alone.

And assisted living and nursing homes are two completely different things. Assisted living is still fairly independent living with your own apartment. The assisted living place my grandma is in is basically the same as the apartment she was in except now they come and give her her medication and they provide meals in a dining room for their residents (she still has a kitchen in her apartment if she doesn't want to go to the dining room, except there's no oven in there.)
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."


I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
User avatar
AussieBuck
RealGM
Posts: 35,851
And1: 11,437
Joined: May 10, 2006
Location: saveourbucks.com
 

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#920 » by AussieBuck » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:50 am

Going to test out my new Giannis shoes and my formerly busted ankle out in a few minutes. 7 weeks from when I fractured it. Will report back after the game.
Gooner wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Giannis wouldn't even be an all-star if refs accurately called his travels and offensive fouls



Bruno Caboclo would be an all star if he played under Giannis "rules".

Return to Milwaukee Bucks